Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida (14851 Views)

Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami / Access Bank Or University Of Porthsmouth / DIAMOND BANK Or University Of Sunderland.. House Pls Help Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida by Adelaja2: 8:17am On Apr 30, 2013
Forget about present but think about future, the Diamond Bank will be begging for you after your MSC and use the oppurtunity to do some professional courses over there. Wishes you best of luck
Re: Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida by boneruns(m): 8:50am On Apr 30, 2013
Adelaja2: Forget about present but think about future, the Diamond Bank will be begging for you after your MSC and use the oppurtunity to do some professional courses over there. Wishes you best of luck

Really, you don't or have never worked in Bank before. You base your judgement on hearsay. Do you know how many people with foreign MSc working as Operations/Marketing staff in banks? Who told you banks beg people with foreign degrees without experience to come work for them?

Most comments here are based on ignorance. Some people have never worked in any bank before, or they worked as contract staff without career progression. Most are even students who don't know how the banking system runs.

It will only take an experienced banker to advise on this subject matter.
Re: Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida by 735i(m): 9:26am On Apr 30, 2013
Take the job offer from Diamond Bank. Put in 3 to 5 years; and save all you can then consider an MBA in the US. Whilst working; you can finish your ICAN and you could also consider getting married.

With 5 years cognate experience, a professional certification, and an MBA from a good school in the USA; you are set for an exciting career in the Financial Industry...

My Two Cents...#team upwardly mobile

3 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida by erubasa(f): 10:02am On Apr 30, 2013
From my own point of view i think it is better you take the masters because you are still a young graduate. The bank Job is good quite alright but you have the opportunity to be sponsored for MSC. In which when you back after the MSC programme you can still get with your first degree. You are hot cake to so many companies. From my experience Part time course is not amn easy task. Working and studying. Think before u leap. Opportunity comes once a while, Grab it now.
Re: Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida by erubasa(f): 10:05am On Apr 30, 2013
From my own point of view i think it is better you take the masters degree course because you are still a young graduate. The bank Job is good quite alright but you have the opportunity to be sponsored for MSC. In which when you are back from abroad after the MSC programme you can still get a better job with your first degree. You will then become hot cake to so many companies. From my experience Part time course is not an easy task. Working and studying. Think before u leap. Opportunity comes once a while, Grab it now.
Re: Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida by seyenko(m): 12:41pm On Apr 30, 2013
Please go to school, you cant lose with a MSc. I did the same 5 years ago and today i am on top of the food chain in the bank i now work with
Re: Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida by AroComputerCe(m): 1:05pm On Apr 30, 2013
I candid advice is that u take the Diamond job. Later u can go for your masters. But appreciate your uncle for the offer to sponsor u in US
Re: Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida by aktunde(m): 1:30pm On Apr 30, 2013
Please go to school, you cant lose with a MSc. I did the same 5 years ago and today i am on top of the food chain in the bank i now work with

Did your uncle sponsor you through school? Please tell him how you made it. My major concern for him is to come here hoping his uncle will sponsor him. I do not know how close he is with his uncle. But this guy stated that his uncle is a medical doctor (salary earner). The U.S embassy will gladly give you F1 visa if you tell them that a rich illiterate uncle (who owns his own business) in Nigeria is sponsoring you than telling them a medical doctor in US is sponsoring you. They understand their country better than you. They do not see how someone earning salary can spend up to 50k dollars (on average) for the completion of your masters. That is why they often deny U.S based relatives sponsorship. I am not sure the poster knows that many doctors here have been paying school loans for the past 20 years. You think say na yam? I still consider doctors as middle class people in the US. So, don't let all those efizzy (during a trip to naija) deceive you.

If your biological parents are rich and wiling to sponsor you, or you have a full funded scholarship, or you have your own personal money that can last you for at least a year, I would have advised you to dump diamond bank. But your Uncle's sponsorship is my major concern. That is why I feel the Bank offer is better at least for now. I just hope you will not become a baby sitter for that uncle, by the time you realize he/you can't afford the tuition and you eventually drop out and become illegal. Don't come to the U.S based on promises. Come based on what you want in life, and how you can achieve it yourself. If your life must be in the hands of man, let it be in your own hand, and not your uncle's. I warn you oo!!...ok!

3 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida by kennytidistar(m): 4:33pm On May 03, 2013
aktunde:

Did your uncle sponsor you through school? Please tell him how you made it. My major concern for him is to come here hoping his uncle will sponsor him. I do not know how close he is with his uncle. But this guy stated that his uncle is a medical doctor (salary earner). The U.S embassy will gladly give you F1 visa if you tell them that a rich illiterate uncle (who owns his own business) in Nigeria is sponsoring you than telling them a medical doctor in US is sponsoring you. They understand their country better than you. They do not see how someone earning salary can spend up to 50k dollars (on average) for the completion of your masters. That is why they often deny U.S based relatives sponsorship. I am not sure the poster knows that many doctors here have been paying school loans for the past 20 years. You think say na yam? I still consider doctors as middle class people in the US. So, don't let all those efizzy (during a trip to naija) deceive you.

If your biological parents are rich and wiling to sponsor you, or you have a full funded scholarship, or you have your own personal money that can last you for at least a year, I would have advised you to dump diamond bank. But your Uncle's sponsorship is my major concern. That is why I feel the Bank offer is better at least for now. I just hope you will not become a baby sitter for that uncle, by the time you realize he/you can't afford the tuition and you eventually drop out and become illegal. Don't come to the U.S based on promises. Come based on what you want in life, and how you can achieve it yourself. If your life must be in the hands of man, let it be in your own hand, and not your uncle's. I warn you oo!!...ok!

my friend leave story, i am not disputing the fact that she need a job to put some money in his/her pocket but that is not a yardstick to measure her chances of securing the visa,,, he/she only need to balance the option. They are not even options this time around they are full chances, your diamond bank recommendation can even show the VO that you have a job waiting for you all you need is to get a study leave dats all. If your uncle has ten children will he said because he is a salary earner he wont pay their tuition? So the issue of salary earner is not a case its even increases your chance because you have a place you can easily be traced, so i will advice you to pickup the job and continue with your visa process, if you now eventually get there and dont want to return home na you get your body, if you like go wash plate nayou get your hand but one this is certain, your chances of getting the visa on merit is sure.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Salary Range Of A Flight Dispatcher At Entry Level. / Saving Vs Investing: Which One Is Better? / Your Plan B Source of Income

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.