Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,610 members, 7,827,299 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Dubai Police Unveil Ferrari And Lamborghini Patrol Cars. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Dubai Police Unveil Ferrari And Lamborghini Patrol Cars. (2715 Views)

Dubai Police Bust Nigerian Gang Involved In Armed Robbery / Dubai Police Unveil Ferrari And Lamborghini Patrol Cars. / Dubai Police Unveil Lamborghini Patrol Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dubai Police Unveil Ferrari And Lamborghini Patrol Cars. by Mobsync(m): 3:48pm On Apr 26, 2013
[img]http://4.bp..com/-F55XzWQ46rA/UXqMZHY2ldI/AAAAAAAAAAM/zuVDAffSm6k/s1600/lamborghini+ferrari-dubai+police.jpg[/img]

Watch out folks, Dubai's police force have unveiled their latest patrol cars - specially modified Lamborghini Aventadors and Ferrari FF (pictured above with the lamborghini on the left and Ferrari on the right).

"Latest Dubai patrols, now at your service," the force tweeted, beneath a photo of the sleek, green and white-liveried car with other options like modified Dodge Chargers and Chevrolet Camaros available to law enforcers.

In Dubai, where petrol is cheaper than drinking water, authorities face significant challenges to curb road accidents caused by speeding. Last year, Dubai police announced they had issued 67,000 traffic fines in one month alone, 2,000 of which were for reversing on motorways.

Reacting to photos of the new Dubai Police patrol car, Twitter user Tom Gara said: "If you think you can outrun the Dubai police, you will think again once you see the Dubai police Lamborghini Aventador."

The Ferrari FF, branded with Dubai police’s distinctive green and white colours, was unveiled at a ceremony at the foot of the Burj al-Khalifa, the world’s tallest building. The Italian car costing around $300,000 (£194,000) boasts of a V12 engine allowing it to reach top speeds of 208 mph, and is capable of going from 0 to 60 mph in just 3.7 seconds is to be used alongside the £360,000 Dh2m Lamborghini Aventador, which was unveiled in Dubai’s Mall, the city’s most upmarket shopping plaza, on April 11.

"Dubai is a unique city and everything in it should reflect its uniqueness and for that reason police will add a Ferrari sports car to its patrol fleet,” said Dubai’s police chief Lieutenant General Dhahi Khalfan Tamim.

It is thought that, along with the Lamborghini, both cars will be used as a deterrent for owners of high-powered vehicles intending to break the speed limit.

The police force is currently in the middle of a campaign to limit the wilder excesses of the city’s young male drivers, who have been known to use Dubai’s desert motorways as racetracks.

It is thought the vehicle will be used by the Arab state’s female police officers to patrol Dubai’s busy tourist destinations.

The state’s police are not the first force to add a super car to its fleet; in 2004, the Italian Carabinieri was given a Lamborghini Gallardo, which has been used in police chases. More images below;

[img]http://2.bp..com/-OaUM4fGRBbo/UXqPkiklElI/AAAAAAAAAAo/ouogzLC95YQ/s1600/dubai_police_lamborghini.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-5k9V-jaO9PA/UXqOeXWEeaI/AAAAAAAAAAY/cGZ1nNTnZtk/s1600/Lamborghini-Aventador-Dubai-Police-car-front.jpg[/img]

SOURCE; www.crazymallet..com
Re: Dubai Police Unveil Ferrari And Lamborghini Patrol Cars. by PresGEJ(m): 7:19am On Apr 28, 2013
This is exactly what I planned to do for the NPF!

I will have to come up with something else before Dubai's Shiekh thinks I am copying him.

Any suggestions?

Long Live Nigeria!

Presido
Re: Dubai Police Unveil Ferrari And Lamborghini Patrol Cars. by Mobsync(m): 9:53am On Apr 28, 2013
PresGEJ: This is exactly what I planned to do for the NPF!

I will have to come up with something else before Dubai's Shiekh thinks I am copying him.

Any suggestions?

Long Live Nigeria!

Presido

Mr Presido, no try am ooo. D one wey u give dem sef, dem neva maintain am.

Re: Dubai Police Unveil Ferrari And Lamborghini Patrol Cars. by GeneralJ(m): 5:31am On Apr 29, 2013
PresGEJ: This is exactly what I planned to do for the NPF!

Any suggestions?

Long Live Nigeria!

Presido

YOU dey craze nii, who do you think will drive the lamborghini? your fellow fishermen, or the agberos in the NPF mtchewww..
Re: Dubai Police Unveil Ferrari And Lamborghini Patrol Cars. by GeneralJ(m): 5:34am On Apr 29, 2013

WHILE Nigeria Police are still showing stupid nonesense like this off, their DUBAI counterparts are showing off lamborghins mtcheww.
Re: Dubai Police Unveil Ferrari And Lamborghini Patrol Cars. by JameyMaxwell(m): 5:34am On Apr 29, 2013
Omo, if dem give me that job, I go just dey parol round everywhere in my ferrari and I go make sure all my criminals are ladies.
Re: Dubai Police Unveil Ferrari And Lamborghini Patrol Cars. by topmostg: 12:51pm On Apr 29, 2013
Wow.
I could drift with these!!
Re: Dubai Police Unveil Ferrari And Lamborghini Patrol Cars. by Nobody: 11:42pm On Apr 30, 2013
@GEj....we need to setup a Commitee to look into that.

(1) (Reply)

Look At The Pot Hole That Brazilians Are Complaining About(video) / Iran And Saudi Arabia Clash Inside Syria Talks / Breaking News*President Mugabe Steps down*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.