Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,933 members, 7,814,167 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Facts You Dont Know About Dreams! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Facts You Dont Know About Dreams! (1321 Views)

I Always See My Wife Having Extra Marital Affairs In My Dreams: Husband / What Are Those House Chores That You Dont Like Doing? / 8 Facts You Didn’t Know About Dreams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facts You Dont Know About Dreams! by nikkypearl(f): 10:31pm On Apr 26, 2013
ABANDONMENT

To dream that you are abandoned suggests that it is time to leave behind past feelings and characteristics that are hindering your growth. Let go of your old attitudes. A more direct and literal interpretation of this dream indicates you have a fear of being deserted, abandoned, or even betrayed. It may stem from a  recent loss or a fear of losing a loved one. The fear of abandonment may manifest itself into your dream as part of the healing process and dealing with losing a loved one. It may also stem from unresolved feelings or problems from childhood. Alternatively, the dream indicates that you are feeling neglected or that your feelings are being overlooked. Perhaps the dream is a metaphor that you need to approach life with "reckless abandon" and live more freely. 

To abandon others in your dream suggests that you are overwhelmed by the problems and decisions in your life.   

ABDOMEN

To see your abdomen in a dream refers to your natural instincts and repressed emotions. There is something in your real life that you "cannot stomach" or have difficulties accepting. You need to get it out of your system. Alternatively, the dream symbol may be strictly physiological and you may just be experiencing constipation or indigestion. 

To dream that your abdomen is exposed represents issues you have with trust and feelings of vulnerability. You are expressing your primal emotions and instincts.

To dream that your abdomen is swollen indicates that some new project is in the works. 

ABDUCTION

To dream of being abducted indicates that you are being manipulated by your circumstances or by someone. You lack control of your own life.

To witness an abduction in your dream signifies feelings of helplessness.    

ABHORRENCE

To dream that you abhor a person represents your waking dislike for that person. You are harbouring feelings of resentment or aggression and feel that this person has acted in a less than honourable way.

To dream that you are abhorred by others suggests that you may be forcing your views and opinions on others. You are rubbing others the wrong way.   

ABNORMAL

To dream of some abnormality or of abnormal objects indicate that the problems that have been preoccupying your mind will soon be resolved. Note that anything appearing abnormal draws attention to that particular aspect. Something in your life may not be consistent with how you feel things should be.    

ABORIGINE

To see an Aborigine in your dream represents both your untamed, natural self and your pure, innocent side. You need to be more in touch with your intuition and inner forces.  It also suggests that you are being overindulgent or overly emotional. You may be harming yourself and jeopardizing your well-being due to your un restraint.   

ABORTION

To dream that you have an abortion suggests that you are hindering and blocking your own growth. You may be hesitant in pursuing a new direction in your life due to fear, pressure, personal conflict or moral obligation. The dream may also be a reflection of your own real-life abortion and thus serves as  a way of healing from the trauma and working towards self-acceptance. Alternatively, this dream may also be a message for you to take care and look after your health.

To dream that someone has an abortion refers to an aspect of your relationship with this person is not growing or maturing. If you do not know this person, then the dream may be about your own personal views on abortion.

To dream that you or someone has an illegal or unsafe abortion indicates that you are desperate to keep things the exact same way. You hate change. If the abortion results in death, then it means that your approach to a problem is all wrong. 

ABOVE

To see something above you in your dream suggests that you need to set your goals higher. Aim high! Alternatively, the dream indicates that you are feeling inferior or inadequate.  

ABRAHAM LINCOLN

To see Abraham Lincoln in your dream refers to your solid character and leadership ability. Known as "Honest Abe", the dream may also be telling you to be truthful or to come clean about something.   

ABROAD

To dream of being or going abroad  indicates unbalance and chaos in your current situation and condition. Consequently, your dream may represent your need for a change in scenery or a desire to escape from a current situation. You need to make some drastic changes in your life. Alternatively,  the dream may suggest that you need to expand your horizons or experience a new sense of spirituality. 

ABSENCE

To dream that someone is absent, especially if you expect to find them, suggests that you are looking for something that is already lost to you. Alternatively, you may be looking to fill a void in your life. Something is missing from your life.  

ABSCESS

To dream that you have an abscess suggests that there is something that you need to express and get out into the open.  

ABSCOND

To dream that you have absconded with something indicates your failed accomplishments. You may also be feeling insecure about your achievements. You feel that you are never good enough. Consider the significance or value of what you have absconded.  

ABSORD

To be absorbed in whatever you are doing suggests that you may be too focused on your own thing and risk alienating others around you. The dream may also be a metaphor that you need to integrate and adapt to your various surroundings.  

ABSTINENCE

To dream that you practice abstinence from drinking, sex  or any other sort of sensual temptation is a warning against being over confidant.  You need to take things more slowly.  

ABUNDANCE
To dream of having an abundance of a certain item indicates that you need to conserve your resources and energies.  

ABUSE

To dream you are abusing someone suggests that your past actions will come back to haunt you. You may be expressing some regret or remorse over your actions.

To dream you are being verbally or physically abused suggests that you are feeling victimized in  a waking situation. You are being taking advantage of.  

ABYSS

To dream of an abyss signifies an obstacle that is creating much anxiety for you. You need to work through the difficulty and overcome this obstacle in your life.  Perhaps you are afraid of  "taking the plunge".

To dream that you are falling into an abyss symbolizes the depths of your subconscious.  You are afraid and/or uncertain as to what you will discover about yourself and about your hidden feelings and fears. The abyss may also represent your primal fears and feelings of "falling into a pit of despair". Perhaps you are in a state of depression or wallowing in your negative feelings. Alternatively, the dream could denote your lack of spirituality.  

ACACIA

To see an acacia tree in your dream symbolises your attitudes with death and your sense of mortality.  

ACADEMY

To dream of an academy signifies new friendships and opportunities.  

ACADEMY AWARDS

To dream that you at the Academy Awards indicates that you need to add some glamour into your life. If you win an Oscar, then it implies that you are looking for some sort of acknowledgment in your waking life.  

ACCELERATOR

To see an accelerator in your dream indicates that you will achieve your goals through your own efforts. The dream may also be telling you to slow down.

To dream that the accelerator is jammed or broken indicates a loss of control in some aspect of your life. You maybe trying to rush through things.  

ACCENT

To speak with an accent in your dream suggests that you are having difficulties conveying your thoughts. Consider how you feel about the accent. If you feel the accent makes you stand out in a negative way, then it signifies feelings of insecurities. If the accent makes you stand out in a positive way, then it symbolizes an air of confidence. 

To hear someone speaking with an accent in your dream represents something familiar yet different. You are getting the gist of a message, but you still do not completely understand all of it.  

ACCEPTANCE

To dream about acceptance indicates issues of self-esteem and measuring up to the expectations of others. There is a waking situation where you are seeking acceptance and wanting to be a part of.   

ACCESSORIES

To dream of accessorizing yourself suggests that you are feeling incomplete. Something is missing in your life.  

ACCIDENT
To dream that you are in an accident signifies pent-up guilt in which you are subconsciously punishing yourself over. Perhaps you are not proud of something you have done. Alternatively, the accident may symbolize an error or mistake you have made. Accident dreams also represent your fears of being in an actual, physical accident. You may simply be nervous about getting behind the wheel. Or the dream is trying to warn you of some accident.

To dream of a car accident symbolizes your emotional state. You may be harboring deep anxieties and fears. Are you "driving" yourself too hard? Perhaps you need to slow down before you hit disaster. You need to rethink or re-plan your course of actions and set yourself on a better path. 

To dream that a loved one dies in an accident indicates that something within your own Self is no longer functional and is "dead". It is also symbolic of your own relationship with that person. Perhaps you need to let go of this relationship. If you dream that you die from the car accident and actually see the reactions of your loved ones, then it suggests that your reckless activity is affecting those around you. This dream is a wake-up call.  Accomplice

To dream that you are an accomplice to a crime suggests that someone in your waking life is having a negative influence on you. You may be experiencing feelings of guilt with something that you have done.   

ACCORDION

To hear the music of an accordion signifies some saddening and depressing matter. You need to focus on more joyous moments.

To dream that you play the accordion denotes intense emotions that are causing physical strain to your body. You are feeling weary. Alternatively, the dream suggests that you need to work hard to achieve your goals.  

ACCOUNTANT

To see or dream that you are an accountant represents your objectivity toward some situation. You are taking a step back and looking carefully at the facts.  

ACCOUNTS

To dream about your bank accounts
indicates financial worries.  
ACCUSE

To dream that you are being accused of something indicates overwhelming feelings of guilt.  It may also mean that you are having some doubts about yourself and the choices you are making.

To dream that you accuse others signifies disagreements and dissension with those around you. 
ACE

To see the ace in the deck of cards suggests ambiguity in your life. You need some clarity. In particular, the ace of hearts means that you are involved in some love affair. If you see the ace of spades in your dream, then it means that you are involved in a scandal. If you see the ace of diamonds, then it symbolizes your legacy or reputation. And if you see the ace of clubs, then it indicates that you will be involved in some legal matter.

Alternatively, the dream may be a metaphor that you are an "ace". Or the dream is a pun on "acing" a test.   
Aches

To dream that you have aches indicate some hesitation and reluctance in the pursuit of your goals. If you wait too long, then the opportunity may escape.  

ACHIEVEMENT

To dream of an achievement denotes that you will be greatly satisfied with the outcome of a situation or project. The bigger the achievement, the greater the satisfaction.  

ACID

To see acid in your dream represents feelings of hatred, rage, and/or revenge. Your integrity may be compromised or called into question.  Alternatively, seeing acid in your dream indicates that you are being manipulated by a situation or by someone. The dream may also be a metaphor to symbolize a negative influence in your life. Something or someone is eating away at you. 

To dream that you drink acid indicates that you are emotionally paralyzed and need to learn how to express yourself.

What dream horrors are haunting you?do u ever woke up sreaming,sweating or heart pounding ?and note that,our dreams can be connected to our own reality,but how true is that?

Now,what do you think about these facts...
Re: Facts You Dont Know About Dreams! by Originalsly: 12:11am On Apr 27, 2013
The fact is Nairaland is not a site for publishing ebooks.
Re: Facts You Dont Know About Dreams! by nikkypearl(f): 4:35am On Apr 27, 2013
Originalsly: The fact is Nairaland is not a site for publishing ebooks.
I posted the thread 4pple who can sit,read and comprehend.if u cannot read no problem,but u are missing a lot,d facts are not only insteresting but real!am a living proof of the last 3facts,d reason y I posted it!
Re: Facts You Dont Know About Dreams! by jeffizy(m): 4:47am On Apr 27, 2013
Nice write up. Nikky, what do u know about dreaming about being in filth?
Re: Facts You Dont Know About Dreams! by nikkypearl(f): 5:16am On Apr 27, 2013
jeffizy: Nice write up. Nikky, what do u know about dreaming about being in filth?
tnkss! ;DI knw a lot o,but can't start saying all.
Re: Facts You Dont Know About Dreams! by biolabee(m): 5:28am On Apr 27, 2013
Voodoo zodiac ish

Unfollows promptly
Re: Facts You Dont Know About Dreams! by Nobody: 8:48am On Apr 27, 2013
biolabee: Voodoo zodiac ish

Unfollows promptly
lmao cheesy me too cheesy
Re: Facts You Dont Know About Dreams! by nikkypearl(f): 11:46am On Apr 27, 2013
kulyie: lmao cheesy me too cheesy
hahay nw grin
Re: Facts You Dont Know About Dreams! by Nobody: 11:53am On Apr 27, 2013
I don't believe dreams have general interpretations. I think they come in different forms to different individuals to convey different messages at different times. Didn't read the write-up but the whole thing about "if you see this in your dream, it means this" always sound like trash to me. cool cool
Re: Facts You Dont Know About Dreams! by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 27, 2013
nikkypearl: hahay nw grin
i dont want my day spoiled ni cheesy
Re: Facts You Dont Know About Dreams! by nikkypearl(f): 3:21pm On Apr 27, 2013
kulyie: i dont want my day spoiled ni cheesy
Re: Facts You Dont Know About Dreams! by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 27, 2013
Somebody said one day dat dreams r fragments of our imagination and I believe him.if I'm hungry,I dream abt food,feelin honey,dream abt honey, when I go to church and there is enof binding and castin,I will c flying skeletons and his bros, if I read motivational write-up,I might become dangote overnight.never bothered about dem. I remembered they told us dat if u c urself swimmin,u r mammy water or something like that.so after going for a swim,u squeze tight ur eye so u will not c urself swimmin while sleeping. Naija!we too much

(1) (Reply)

In Abuja If The Price Isn’t High, The Stuff Ain’t Fly / An Honest And Admirable View Of Marriage A Man Must Consider... / How Young Is Too Young?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.