Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,205 members, 7,860,339 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:37 AM

Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? (10510 Views)

If FIFA Give You a Vote, Who Would You Vote as Ballon D'or Winner / If FIFA Gives You A Vote, Who Would You Vote As Ballon 'dor Winner / Who Deserves World Best Player Btw Messi Nd Ronaldo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by dayokanu(m): 6:56am On Apr 28, 2008
In one single duel, A Messi who has been injured all season dwarfed Ronaldo whom fakers like Jackal thought was the next best thing after sliced bread.

All pundits got it wrong but Jackal got it right. How funny!! On that day in Camp Nou Ronaldo was not among the top 7 performers on the field. Messi, Yaya Toure, Xavi, Deco, Ferdinand, Zambrotta, Hargreaves, all performed better than Ronaldo.
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by Victorxl(m): 8:56am On Apr 28, 2008
Cristiano Ronaldo has been named Professional Footballers' Association Player of the Year for the second time in succession. Arsenal midfielder Fabregas was named Young Player of the Year - an award which Ronaldo also won in 2007. I really hope C. Ronaldo wins FIFA World Player of the Year. Premiership players dont win the coveted award but i hope he breaks the jinx this year.

Gunner for life.
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by mykali(m): 10:35am On May 01, 2008
did u guys watch the match on tuesday? although barca lost, messi was definitely the most industrious player on the pitch. ronaldo was absolutely, invisibe. undecided
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by WarfyBoy(m): 11:22am On May 01, 2008
CR is good, but Messi is 85% better, FIFA World player has never been given to a player in Engligh club, but notwitstanding, MESSI will win this time.

CR cannot play well against a better club, Though Barca loose against MU they still playe far better than MU, CR is not any were near Messi @ all

GIVE IT UPFOR MESSI!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by 9ja4eva: 4:10pm On May 06, 2008
ronaldo
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by nazzyon(m): 8:06pm On May 06, 2008
If Cristiano Ronaldo is not Crowned the World Best Footballer this year, lots of people will criticise whichever choice FIFA makes.

Right now every other contender for the position except for Ronaldo are either not performing or have no opportunity to show there talent
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by Tattooboy: 8:16pm On May 06, 2008
@poster
MESSI ALL D WAY
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by Jackal1(m): 8:27pm On May 06, 2008
@ Nazzyon,

No controversy. . . .

Messi has been injured for most parts of the season.
Besides that. . . . He hasn't won a single title for 2 seasons now. . . .He is becoming anutha Fabregas or Hleb. grin grin grin

Ronaldo on the other hand has been outstanding.
Highest goal scorer in the EPL, golden boot contender in the UCL, Golden shoe contender in the whole Europe!!!!!!
PFA Players' player of the year. . . .Football Writers Player of the year, Barclays player of the year . . . . . .

FIFA would be cheating if Cristiano Ronaldo does not win the award this season.
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by Tattooboy: 8:29pm On May 06, 2008
i wonder why people compare Messi with C.Ronaldo. Messi do perform against any team, player whatever but Ronaldo performance is due to the capability of the opposition. Ronaldo doesn't perform good against tough sides.
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by LASIEFAIRE(m): 8:34pm On May 06, 2008
Messi ko Tessi Akpam ni
I wonder why someone will compare Ronaldo to Messi this year, the record speaks for itself.
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by Jackal1(m): 8:40pm On May 06, 2008
@ Tattooboy,

It's obvious u started watching football 8 months ago. . . .

Ronaldo does not perform against big teams? Yea right!!!!!
Where were u when Ronaldo blazed EURO 2004 at the age of 18? Was he playing Derby County then?
He was one of the best players of that tournament.

@ the 2006 world cup, his performance dwarfed that of Leo Messi and even Kaka.
He single-handedly dragged Portugal to the Semis. . . . .How old was he then? He was just 21.
I am sure u think Ronaldo was playing Wigan and Dynamo Kiev at the world cup. . . .

All y'all plastic fans just come to an online forum and spew tosh. . . . .
If u think Messi should win the world player award based on 13 matches he has played this season then u are a doofus.
Leo Messi himself cannot utter the trumpery u are hurling right now. . . . .Ain't u ashamed of yourself?
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by vicade(m): 8:43pm On May 06, 2008
as an arsenal fan i have to admit that there have been only two calibre of players in europe this season:
RONALDO AND THE REST.
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by ndumart: 9:28pm On May 06, 2008
No doubt, messi is a fine player but what has he done this year? He has been out injured and hasnt made much of an impact since returning from injury. He played well against MU but what was the outcome?

CR has been outstanding this season, he has scattered all available scoring record for a winger. He will be playing in the CL finals, Messi wont, he will still showcase his talents at EURO 2008 while messi will be resting. No other player has attained what CR has this year, and without sounding immodest, if CR dosnt win it then the awards have been a charade all this while.

The fact remains, CR is the only worthy winner. He is on the verge of setting another record as the first player from the EPL to win the world footballer of the year award.
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by 9ja4eva: 2:53am On May 07, 2008
Ronaldo
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by dayokanu(m): 7:16am On May 07, 2008
@Jackal,
How many weeks of football did Ronaldo Lima play in 2002 before winning both awards. Injured pre world cup majority of the year in Inter Milan and post world cup begining of Real Madrid career.

What did Zidane do in 2000, In the 1999/2000 season he played with Juve in the UEFA cup where Juve lost out scandalously to Celta Vigo, did not win the league or any trophy, 2000/2001 UCL they were sent out of UCL coming last in their group he got 2 red cards in the group stage against deportivo and Hamburg Yet he won the awards.

You need more analogies?
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by Jackal1(m): 11:32am On May 07, 2008
@ Dayokanu,

Stop talking like a spoilt child. . . . . . .

I have told u times without number that when it comes to footie issues, don't play smart with me.

Ronaldo de Lima was injured for the most parts of 2002 BUT HE WON THE WORLD CUP and the GOLDEN BOOT in the world cup by scoring 8 goals.
He broke the 6-goal jinx of the world cup that prevailed from (1978-2002).

I cannot believe u think Zinedine Zidane did nuthing in 2000. . . .  .Were u blind when he led FRANCE to win EURO 2000?
He single-handedly dragged France to win the tournament after their exploits in the FRANCE 98 world cup.

Now, can u tell us what Messi WILL WIN in the next 7 months in 2008?? NUTHING.
The next La Liga title will not be dished out till 2009, so is the UCL and Messi will not play in EURO 2008.
Which other player comes next to Ronaldo? Podolski or Luca Toni? You are taking the piss.
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by dayokanu(m): 6:58am On May 08, 2008
Fact is the Euro's would decide what happens at the award not the dribbles and Performance against West Ham and Fulham.

Anyone who performs well at Euro's win the awards not those who dribble Derby and Fulham. In a tournament year, they would consider top performers

at the tournament before they consider the individual league performances.

Watch out for Luca Toni If Italy wins, Ballack if Germany wins or Ribery if France wins. C. Ronaldo ?? Nah Portugal can never win
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by pein(m): 7:28am On May 08, 2008
dayokanu:

Fact is the Euro's would decide what happens at the award not the dribbles and Performance against West Ham and Fulham.

Anyone who performs well at Euro's win the awards not those who dribble Derby and Fulham. In a tournament year, they would consider top performers

at the tournament before they consider the individual league performances.

Watch out for Luca Toni If Italy wins, Ballack if Germany wins or Ribery if France wins. C. Ronaldo ?? Nah Portugal can never win

, and when greece won it 4 years back was charisteas or any player from greece even nominated.what if a team nobody expects to win does.then what'll be your new excuse?!!! Ballack to be the best player ?? for doing what??!!sulking since the start of the season and then marginally hiting form towards the end. Ribery for playing for a wack-ass team and getting dumped out of the UEFA cup?!! . Toni?!! for playing in a league not even regarded as among the top leagues and scoring against worse teams than fulham and derby??!!!
Fact is unlike france,italy and germany,portugal have only ronaldo as the stand out player and they will get to the quarters at least,then what?!!you'll say messi is actually spanish and should have played for spain during the tournament. or that someone like del piero deserves it.
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by dayokanu(m): 8:33am On May 08, 2008
and when greece won it 4 years back was charisteas or any player from greece even nominated.what if a team nobody expects to win does.then what'll be your new excuse?!!!
Fact is unlike france,italy and germany,portugal have only ronaldo as the stand out player and they will get to the quarters at least,then what?!!you'll say messi is actually spanish and should have played for spain during the tournament. or that someone like del piero deserves it.

If an unexpected country win it then the performance in the club competition would matter. But if any of Italy germany or france win expect the best player in the team to win.

Ballack to be the best player ?? for doing what??!!sulking since the start of the season and then marginally hiting form towards the end. Ribery for playing for a wack-ass team and getting dumped out of the UEFA cup?!! . Toni?!! for playing in a league not even regarded as among the top leagues and scoring against worse teams than fulham and derby??!!!

What did Zidane do in 2000 to win World footballer of the year, What did Ronaldo do in 2002 to win world footballer . Ask jackal if you don't know.
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by pein(m): 10:17am On May 08, 2008
dayokanu:

What did Zidane do in 2000 to win World footballer of the year, What did Ronaldo do in 2002 to win world footballer . Ask jackal if you don't know.

i dnt need to ask anyone I KNOW what happened.world cup years are a given.even if you are crap,perform above all odds with your team winning the trophy and the title is yours.so to you zidane didnt do anything in 2000?who practically put france into the euro finals?!!whose freekick put out spain who were pre tournament favorites?!! who held his nerve to score against italy?!!who challenged him for the world player of the year?!! fact is there was no better player for the french team.figo and rivado;figo's portugal went out to france and rivaldo isnt european hence only had his league form to put him there and IIRC deportivo won the spanish league that year,so who was to go against zidane?henry?figo?del piero?rivaldo?
same this year,there is practially no one to go against ronaldo cause the argument would be what does he need to do to win it if not scoring goals(40) and as a winger.messi has been out injured, kaka is a shadow of himself.are you going to call luca toni?if so then we should be calling huntelaar or alfonso alves for thier prolific scoring records.
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by Jackal1(m): 10:32am On May 08, 2008
pein:

i dnt need to ask anyone I KNOW what happened.world cup years are a given.even if you are crap,perform above all odds with your team winning the trophy and the title is yours.so to you zidane didnt do anything in 2000?who practically put france into the euro finals?!!whose freekick put out spain who were pre tournament favorites?!! who held his nerve to score against italy?!!who challenged him for the world player of the year?!! fact is there was no better player for the french team.figo and rivado;figo's portugal went out to france and rivaldo isnt european hence only had his league form to put him there and IIRC deportivo won the spanish league that year,so who was to go against zidane?henry?figo?del piero?rivaldo?
same this year,there is practially no one to go against ronaldo cause the argument would be what does he need to do to win it if not scoring goals(40) and as a winger.messi has been out injured, kaka is a shadow of himself.are you going to call luca toni?if so then we should be calling huntelaar or alfonso alves for their prolific scoring records.

Touche.

There's no European player at the moment that comes close to Cristiano Ronaldo. . . . With or without EURO2008, Ronaldo has been the most consistent top performer in the last 18 months. . . .no injuries, he doesn't miss games and he has dragged Man Utd to the brink of winning 2 of the most prestigious club trophies in the world. It doesn't get better than that.

Whats more? His goal-scoring prowess!!! When a winger scores 40 goals in a season, he deserves to be mentioned. . . .Idiots like Dayokanu say Ronaldo freezes in big games but they forgot he was a ball of fire at Euro 2004 and 2006 World Cup. . . .I saw Messi against Real Madrid last night where he was clueless and was made to look like an idiot. . . . . If that was Ronaldo, people would open their loud-ass mouths to say he doesn't play well against big teams. . . . .

FIFA's reputation will be marred if Cristiano does not win it this year. . . . No club player in Europe compares to him this season.
Messi comes close but he has not won anything in the last 2 seasons!!!! Kaka is now a waste pipe. . . .
Ballack? Dayokanu must be an idiot!!!! Luca Toni? Toni Braxton has a better chance. grin grin grin
Ribery? He is the most over-rated Arrow in Europe. . . .Hleb is a better player.
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by dayokanu(m): 8:02pm On May 08, 2008
Raul had a wonderful UCL season in 2000. Zidane was wasted in the 1999/2000 season Early 2000/2001 He was wasted bagging 2 red cards in the first group stages yet he won.
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by ndumart: 10:53pm On May 09, 2008
Just cant believe some people have let sentiments get the better of them otherwise i see no reason why anyone will discredit CR this season.

whoever feels Ronaldo does not deserve the award when he eventually wins it come december knows where the lagoon is
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by oYaTo(m): 9:05am On May 10, 2008
The only reply i give pple that question whether CR7 will win is:

WHO ELSE HAS BEEN OUTSTANDING?
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by sisqology(m): 1:22pm On May 10, 2008
Idiots!!! Is there anybody playing better than Ronaldo this season? A fool said it the other time that Henry scored 40goals,Guess u scored it for him. Messi ddnt collect any cup for his club dis season! Luca toni Uefa cup, grrrr, Kaka? Where was he when they played ordinary arsnl, Flamini outshined him. Another fool said Ronaldo only plays whenever he's against a small team. Westham 2-man utd 1, man utd 0 -westham 1, Norwich 2- man utd 0. So,this teams are small teams, theere is nothing like 'small team' so far they train. Dumb people,reason b4 posting
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by oYaTo(m): 2:00pm On May 10, 2008
i feel ya
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by sisqology(m): 5:28pm On May 10, 2008
Another one said zambrotta,ferdinand and iniesta was ahead of ronaldo during the 1st leg, Accepted for Ferdinand and zambrotta, prove iniesta's own. When ever i see the best,i say it. I'm always for the reality nt for fake football fans that watch football wit sentiments.

Now,,the question is that-who made the ball easy for scholes to play it during the 2nd leg(zambrotta) prove it.

Can sumbdy tell me what messi actually played durin both legs. No shot on target,he was just dribblin. Jeez!!! U guys suck
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by kene20(m): 10:54pm On May 11, 2008
[color=#990000][/color] I hate to say this but that is the gospel truth, C. Ronaldo is the best. NO plus No minus
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by oYaTo(m): 11:14pm On May 11, 2008
well said
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by dayokanu(m): 6:36am On May 12, 2008
Some peoples footballing knowledge is appalling all these DSTV fans who don't know the nitty gritty of Euro football, Lucatoni UEFA cup?
In 2000 Zidane won world footballer playing in the UEFA cup.
Ronaldo Lima Played UEFA cup in 1997 and won World footballer and European footballer,
Baggio in 1993 played UEFA cup and won World and European footballer award,
2003/2004 Ronaldinho played UEFA cup and won world footballer of the year at the end of 2004
What cup did Zidane win for Juventus in 2000 to win player of the year
So what are you talking about.

The performance at the Euro cup would determine who wins Player of the year Platini said that much.
If nobody was outstanding at the Euros then they might come to the club performances
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by pein(m): 7:32am On May 12, 2008
dayokanu:

The performance at the Euro cup would determine who wins Player of the year Platini said that much.
If nobody was outstanding at the Euros then they might come to the club performances

Thank you for just shooting yourself in the foot!
now tell me who is going to compete with CR7 in Austria/Switzerland? luca toni?!! for winning the bundesliga compared to the EPL?!! Messi?!! for being Argentine and not competing at the euros?!! Oh wait! i know ,how about ribery or henry.if either really perform for France then they'll be regarded as the best in the world,wont they?!! wink hmmmmm, hw about del piero for reviving juve this season?maybe best bet has to be kahn if he does play for Germany through the tournament, i mean he has helped bayern win the bundesliga,the FA cup equivalent in Germany, crashed out of the UEFA cup shipping four goals in the process and if he doesn't get called up then it definitely has to be ballack for spending the entire season spouting shit bout how other teams would lose then end up without the EPL title. tongue

Dayokanu, dayokanu your parents must be really proud,actually spending money to educate a retarded mongrel like you ,hope you dnt go ahead and show them your stupidity cuz i bet they'll be so disappointed and probably head to the nearest lagoon.we've always known you to be an idiot but you just come here EVERY TIME and just stamp your superiority in stupidity.

CR7 is the highest goal scorer in the EPL this season and has matched the all-time record held by shearer(a striker) and he is a winger,even van nistelrooy and henry didn't reach that record or even think of matching it.
CR7 is the leading goal scorer in all of europe and dnt come hear and post shit bout luca toni we all know about the coefficients used by UEFA so its not my problem that he plays for a crap club in a crap league and his goal tally is essentially halved.Also dnt forget he is a STRIKER not WINGER.
CR7 is the leading goal scorer in the UCL with 7 goals along with fabiano and sevilla were knocked out ages ago,only drogba can surpass him and that's if he scores 2 goals which is'practically impossible,united back four ain't liverpools.
CR7 WILL perform at the EURO championship cuz he is portugals best player and will drag them to the quarters at least.

when he is given the best player award what then will you say?!! he's using steroids?!! he's not portugese?! his name isn't CRISTAINO RONALDO!!!
dude get a bleeping life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Who Will U Vote As Ur World Best Dis Yr: C. Ronaldo Or Who? by dayokanu(m): 8:05am On May 12, 2008
You stupidity shines through darkness.

Thank you for just shooting yourself in the foot!
now tell me who is going to compete with CR7 in Austria/Switzerland? luca toni?!! for winning the bundesliga compared to the EPL? !! Huh Messi?!! for being Argentina and not competing at the euros?!! Huh Oh wait! i know ,how about ribery or henry.if either really perform for France then they'll be regarded as the best in the world,wont they?!! Wink hmmmmm, hw about del piero for reviving juve this season?maybe Huh best bet has to be kahn Huh if he does play for Germany through the tournament, i mean he has helped bayern win the bundesliga,the FA cup equivalent in Germany, crashed out of the UEFA cup shipping four goals in the process and if he doesn't get called up then it definitely has to be ballack for spending the entire season spouting shit bout how other teams would lose then end up without the EPL title. Tongue

What was Zidane's performance at club level in 2000 before he won world best? He shone at the Euro cup and won easily.

CR7 is the highest goal scorer in the EPL this season and has matched the all-time record held by shearer(a striker) and he is a winger,even van nistelrooy and henry didn't reach that record or even think of matching it.
how many top scorers have won world footballer before?

CR7 is the leading goal scorer in all of europe and dnt come hear and post shit bout luca toni we all know about the coefficients used by UEFA so its not my problem that he plays for a crap club in a crap league and his goal tally is essentially halved.Also dnt forget he is a STRIKER not WINGER.
I should not be talking to you about Euro football until you upgrade your knowledge Imagine this saphead saying German league goals are halved!! I never knew you were this moronic and empty headed. Kudos to you. You are seriously threatening J Units title

CR7 is the leading goal scorer in the UCL with 7 goals along with fabiano and sevilla were knocked out ages ago,only drogba can surpass him and that's if he scores 2 goals which is'practically impossible,united back four ain't liverpools.

Goals in UCL ?? That must explain why Raul, Nistelrooy, Henry and Inzaghi who have scored the most goals in the competition have won several times. Luis Fabiano played fewer games you know.

CR7 WILL perform at the EURO championship because he is portugals best player and will drag them to the quarters at least.

Since when did Q-final appearances win Player of the year Most times only the winner is considered.

So go see a Doctor . You are losing it Maybe you never had it!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Osimhen scores as Napoli defeat Roma 2-1 / Nigeria Defeats Uganda 1-0 To Qualify For Under 20 World Cup / Injury Update: Mohamed Salah Is “confident” Of Being Fit For The World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.