Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,297 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

Injury Update: Mohamed Salah Is “confident” Of Being Fit For The World Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Injury Update: Mohamed Salah Is “confident” Of Being Fit For The World Cup (10469 Views)

Salah Is Not World Class – Aiyegbeni Names Six Best African Players / Jurgen Klopp Insists Mohammed Salah Is Better Than Ronaldo & Messi / Arsene Wenger Says Is Confident Of Winning Chelsea Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Injury Update: Mohamed Salah Is “confident” Of Being Fit For The World Cup by Codedrock(m): 1:35am On May 28, 2018

Salah was forced off in tears during the first half of the 3-1 loss in Kiev on Saturday, sparking fears he wouldn’t make it to next month’s World Cup

The 25-year-old sustained the problem when he was dragged awkwardly to the turf following a challenge with Sergio Ramos, leading some to claim the Madrid defender had deliberately tried to injure Liverpool’s star forward.

Speaking after the final, Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp had described the injury as “serious” amid fears Salah had suffered a dislocated shoulder.

That would have ruled him out of Egypt’s first appearance in the World Cup since 1990.

Salah was pictured with his shoulder in a sling when he got off Liverpool’s plane at John Lennon Airport on Sunday.

But it now appears there is a good chance Salah will be able to join his country for the tournament in Russia.

“It was a very tough night, but I’m a fighter. Despite the odds, I’m confident that I’ll be in Russia to make you all proud,” Salah wrote on his official Twitter account on Sunday.

“Your love and support will give me the strength I need.”

Egypt’s team doctor Mohamed Abou El-Ela said in a statement that, according to information from Liverpool’s medical staff, Salah has sustained only ligament damage.

And, just as Salah tweeted his fitness update, fresh reports in Egypt claimed he had only suffered a strain in the shoulder ligaments and is expected to be back in action in three weeks.

Salah’s injury played a major role in Liverpool’s failure to win a sixth European Cup.

Ramos apologised after the match, but Liverpool defender Andrew Robertson hinted the Madrid captain knew what he was doing when he collided with the Egyptian.

“I think it is just how he (Salah) has landed but Ramos is quite clever, isn’t he?” Robertson said.

“It’s unfortunate. It just disrupted our rhythm a wee bit.”

Salah had been instrumental in Liverpool’s unexpected run to their Champions League final since 2007.

In an incredible first season with the Premier League club following his transfer from Roma last year, Salah broke a host of record as he scored 44 goals in all competitions.

He was voted Liverpool’s Players of the Year and also scooped the PFA and Football Writers’ Player of the Year awards.

Salah had also scored the goal that took Egypt to the World Cup when he netted a dramatic late penalty in a qualifier against Congo in October.

“He has done unbelievable this season and for it to end that way for him was devastating,” Robertson added.

“I hope he goes to the World Cup because a nation is relying on him.

“Hopefully he’ll come back bigger and stronger.”

Egypt’s opening World Cup group stage match is against Uruguay on June 15.

The Pharaohs will then play against Russia and Saudi Arabia on June 19 and June 25.

Before that, Egypt will play friendlies, almost certainly without Salah, against Belgium and Colombia on June 1 and June 6.

More African News Like This From Source Below
SOURCE: https://tinamagazine.com/2018/05/injury-update-mohamed-salah-is-confident-of-being-fit-for-the-world-cup.html
Lalasticlala

Re: Injury Update: Mohamed Salah Is “confident” Of Being Fit For The World Cup by Codedrock(m): 1:36am On May 28, 2018
I am really happy to see this

8 Likes

Re: Injury Update: Mohamed Salah Is “confident” Of Being Fit For The World Cup by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:24am On May 28, 2018
GOOD NEWS. cheesy grin wink

God punish devil!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Injury Update: Mohamed Salah Is “confident” Of Being Fit For The World Cup by madridguy(m): 7:24am On May 28, 2018
grin
Re: Injury Update: Mohamed Salah Is “confident” Of Being Fit For The World Cup by Trendy247: 7:24am On May 28, 2018
Go Salah!.. God punish Ramos

10 Likes

Re: Injury Update: Mohamed Salah Is “confident” Of Being Fit For The World Cup by mmb(m): 7:25am On May 28, 2018
I know they will just package him to play at the world cup by all means whether he is fit or not.

Africans I hail thee!

8 Likes

Re: Injury Update: Mohamed Salah Is “confident” Of Being Fit For The World Cup by ViaFast: 7:25am On May 28, 2018
grin grin
Re: Injury Update: Mohamed Salah Is “confident” Of Being Fit For The World Cup by Nobody: 7:26am On May 28, 2018
God punish Ramos

6 Likes

Re: Injury Update: Mohamed Salah Is “confident” Of Being Fit For The World Cup by Nobody: 7:27am On May 28, 2018
grin pikin wey go lock arms with elder

Swift recovery but don't be stupid in world cup

As for those shouting Liverpool this Liverpool that,
If salah had played to the end it would have been worse for Liverpool because they would have used all their energy in the first 54 minutes as they always do and we all know that Madrid normally start their scoring spree from 60 minutes.

The match would have been 4-2 or 5-2 in favor of Madrid.

There is no way on earth Liverpool would beat a Madrid team( whether athletico or Real) in final

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Injury Update: Mohamed Salah Is “confident” Of Being Fit For The World Cup by neolboy(m): 7:27am On May 28, 2018
Get well and be the highest goal scorer and the MVP of the tournament

1 Like

Re: Injury Update: Mohamed Salah Is “confident” Of Being Fit For The World Cup by lonelydora: 7:27am On May 28, 2018
Good. I want to see Sallah in Russia 2018.

Why do these footballers get injured easily on turfs?

Back in secondary school during football matches, we play on ordinary sand + stony fields without better boots, some even play barefooted. We get injured with blood gushing out but still carry on till 90 minutes.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Injury Update: Mohamed Salah Is “confident” Of Being Fit For The World Cup by iamharkinwaley: 7:27am On May 28, 2018
I knew he will be fit, some hyperbolic mumu just dey carry am for head like it wont play world cup

I sabi this kind injury nah

Nah pop sure pass.

1 Like

Re: Injury Update: Mohamed Salah Is “confident” Of Being Fit For The World Cup by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:28am On May 28, 2018
Ramos should be taken to a dark alley in the Bronx, tied to a barrel and left to the mercy of 20 sex-starved inmates.

2 Likes

Re: Injury Update: Mohamed Salah Is “confident” Of Being Fit For The World Cup by mclorenzo(m): 7:28am On May 28, 2018
Hope to see you in Russia Mo Sallah
Re: Injury Update: Mohamed Salah Is “confident” Of Being Fit For The World Cup by Kingdollar28(m): 7:29am On May 28, 2018
During world cup, Ramos will break his Spinal cord.#amen!! sad

1 Like

Re: Injury Update: Mohamed Salah Is “confident” Of Being Fit For The World Cup by Nobody: 7:29am On May 28, 2018
EMMAUGOH:
God punish Ramos
why?

4 Likes

Re: Injury Update: Mohamed Salah Is “confident” Of Being Fit For The World Cup by AustineCJ: 7:29am On May 28, 2018
If strikers dive to win penalty then defenders play dirty too at times,Next time please avoid the likes of Ramos, Pique, Otamendi, Suarez, Costa in the World Cup. . this guys play with their hrt.Quick recovery man.... hala Madrid, God bless my captain fantastic.

4 Likes

Re: Injury Update: Mohamed Salah Is “confident” Of Being Fit For The World Cup by Nobody: 7:30am On May 28, 2018
Argument go full this thread later, make I book space jare. tongue

I hate you Ramos people dey come

1 Like

Re: Injury Update: Mohamed Salah Is “confident” Of Being Fit For The World Cup by dammieco(m): 7:31am On May 28, 2018
lonelydora:
Good. I want to sew Sallah in Russia 2018
Just make sure you go with your needle and thread...

8 Likes

Re: Injury Update: Mohamed Salah Is “confident” Of Being Fit For The World Cup by emmanuelpopson(m): 7:32am On May 28, 2018
God is wonderful... only ligament damage... you won our hearts dear kopite.
Re: Injury Update: Mohamed Salah Is “confident” Of Being Fit For The World Cup by Seun360(m): 7:34am On May 28, 2018
Kingdollar28:
During world cup, Ramos will break his Spinal cord.#amen!! sad

Cursing a blessed man?

Hope the curse doesn't ricochet right back at you.

6 Likes

Re: Injury Update: Mohamed Salah Is “confident” Of Being Fit For The World Cup by chukwuibuipob: 7:35am On May 28, 2018
wink MO sallah. May Almighty God strengthen u.

2 Likes

Re: Injury Update: Mohamed Salah Is “confident” Of Being Fit For The World Cup by Crossbow(m): 7:41am On May 28, 2018
The thing here now is Salah undoubtedly is a good player, but a quality of an extraordinary player like Messi is the ability to avoid a scene that will put you out of play in very important matches.. Salah should learn to protect himself. I remember one el classico when Ramos almost killed Messi, Messi just simply escaped the deadly tackle and over emphasized his fall, it was a red card from the Ref to Ramos.. Salah should protect himself.. He has won my heart.

1 Like

Re: Injury Update: Mohamed Salah Is “confident” Of Being Fit For The World Cup by lonelydora: 7:45am On May 28, 2018
dammieco:

Just make sure you go with your needle and thread...

As long as you understand the message
Re: Injury Update: Mohamed Salah Is “confident” Of Being Fit For The World Cup by freeman95(m): 7:49am On May 28, 2018
lilbest4:
grin pikin wey go lock arms with elder

Swift recovery but don't be stupid in world cup

As for those shouting Liverpool this Liverpool that,
If salah had played to the end it would have been worse for Liverpool because they would have used all their energy in the first 54 minutes as they always do and we all know that Madrid normally start their scoring spree from 60 minutes.

The match would have been 4-2 or 5-2 in favor of Madrid.

There is no way on earth Liverpool would beat a Madrid team( whether athletico or Real) in final

Who is Salah sef?
The one ordinary Rudiger pocketed during Chelsea match?

Chelsea match to champions league final?

Mtcheww

2 Likes

Re: Injury Update: Mohamed Salah Is “confident” Of Being Fit For The World Cup by Sunkyphil(m): 7:52am On May 28, 2018
I no say dem go shook am injection with painkillers
Re: Injury Update: Mohamed Salah Is “confident” Of Being Fit For The World Cup by Nobody: 7:52am On May 28, 2018
freeman95:

Chelsea match to champions league final?

Mtcheww
that was one of their most important match because it was to decide their champions league qualification for next season. If Chelsea had beaten Newcastle and Hudersfield, Liverpool would be planning for Europa league
Re: Injury Update: Mohamed Salah Is “confident” Of Being Fit For The World Cup by talk2percy(m): 7:53am On May 28, 2018
This news just made my day! That guy is simply at his best of bests!
Re: Injury Update: Mohamed Salah Is “confident” Of Being Fit For The World Cup by Nobody: 8:06am On May 28, 2018
Codedrock:

SOURCE: https://tinamagazine.com/2018/05/injury-update-mohamed-salah-is-confident-of-being-fit-for-the-world-cup.html
Lalasticlala

anti Salah fans and pro Ramos fans wouldnt like this development at all.

check my signature and take decision now...
Re: Injury Update: Mohamed Salah Is “confident” Of Being Fit For The World Cup by Moreoffaith(m): 8:06am On May 28, 2018
lilbest4:
that was one of their most important match because it was to decide their champions league qualification for next season. If Chelsea had beaten Newcastle and Hudersfield, Liverpool would be planning for Europa league now

The same Chelsea could not beat Newcastle and Huddersfield to qualify

Hear yourself.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us / Onuachu Voted Man Of The Match In Genk’s Win Vs Mechelen / Mali Vs Burkina Faso, AFCON Round Of 16 (2 - 1) On 30th January 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.