Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,930 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries (18577 Views)

If Old Age Is Bad What Is Serving California Governor Doing In The Office / My Family Is Safer In Nigeria Than In South Africa - South African Businessman / What Are Nigerians Known For Abroad, Good Or Bad, What Do You Think? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by honeric01(m): 7:50am On Apr 15, 2008
Nice one, well someone is sounding like Obama in here, ha ha, somebody shout ho ha ha, we need CHANGE,
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by Kobojunkie: 7:55am On Apr 15, 2008
honeric01:

Nice one, well someone is sounding like Obama in here, ha ha, somebody shout ho ha ha, we need CHANGE,

HECK NO!!!! please don't. That is not what I am saying at all. I happen to disagree with his CHANGE song a great deal cause if you ask me, it does not really apply much where he is singing it. My point is this, in most all black countries across the planet, the problem seems to be that government continues to control over 95% of development and so the people are extremely limited especially when government is seriously CORRUPT as it is Nigeria.

Take for instance what is happening in Zimbabwe, do you think that sort of thing would happen in America and people not revolt and cause change from the ground up Just yesterday the court in Zimbabwe, told the people outright that they had no right to demand they be respected. Mugabe sent out his army to scare the people into silence on the issue. This seems the trend all across the board and I believe it is the main deterant to change for decades now and not until that problem has been dealt with before we can see significant change in africa.
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by honeric01(m): 8:03am On Apr 15, 2008
Well we are in Africa and the mentality here is very far from what they have overthere, but we are just too afraid to take the bull by the horn, the educated always try to run out of the country leaving it like the way its, America and the rest use visa lottery to take away our manpower and the smart ones, yet we think change can come like that?
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by Kobojunkie: 8:14am On Apr 15, 2008
honeric01:

Well we are in Africa and the mentality here is very far from what they have overthere, but we are just too afraid to take the bull by the horn, the educated always try to run out of the country leaving it like the way its, America and the rest use visa lottery to take away our manpower and the smart ones, yet we think change can come like that?

Well, would you rather people not opt for a better life and sit with you in Nigeria just cause Manpower is not the problem . In a country, the size of Nigeria with over 140 million actually living there, manpower is far from problem.
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by ayomifull(f): 9:07am On Apr 15, 2008
What is bad about Nigeria?

The plots allocated to the Obasanjo family included one in Maitama on March 3, 1988, while the late Stella Obasanjo was allocated a residential plot in Jabi on September 17, 1993.

Other details showed that the Obasanjos got eight plots between 1988 and 2003 as well as 11 between 2004 and 2007.

The late Stella Obasanjo was allocated a residential plot in Maitama marked A06 (Plot 3446). She got another residential plot in Katampe, marked B19 (plot 150) on April 14, 2002.

Other land allocations to the Obasanjos include those of Olugbenga Obasanjo (Maitama), September 12, 2000, another plot in Guzape on April 11, 2002; Oludayo Obasanjo got a residential plot on May 10, 2003; Iyabo Obasanjo (Asokoro, residential plot on January 26, 2005); Oluwasegun Obasanjo (Jabi) January 26, 2005; Obasanjo Farms Nigeria Limited (Kuje) June 27, 2005; Adeboye Obasanjo (Maitama) June 27, 2005; Olusegun Babatunde Obasanjo (Maitama) January 13, 2006; and Oluwafunke Obihele Obasanjo (Garki II) March 25, 2006. Others include: Oludare Victor Obasanjo (Garki 11) November 9, 2006; Obasanjo Olufolake (Wuye) May 15, 2007 and Obasanjo Farms Nigeria Limited (a commercial plot at Gwarimpa) on May 24, 2007.

Things like these, the people in government sharing the rights of all of us within their family members, resources meant to better the lives of all being pocketed by few ones in govt and they still walk the street freely.
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by SENATORJD(m): 9:56am On Apr 15, 2008
Nigeria doesnt reward hardwork/sacrifice
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by babwilms(m): 10:08am On Apr 15, 2008
The problem is corruption. Someone said he can't wait for all the corrupt politicians to be dead, but the fact is every Nigerian is corrupted even a 5 year old child.

The question is how do we change the mindset of all Nigerians in diaspora?

My uncle once told me "for Nigeria to be a success story, every Nigerian needs to be MURDERED"

Another uncle of mine said "if all Nigerians are taken to USA to live and all US citizens brought to Nigeria to live, under six months USA will become current Nigeria.

So the problem is all Nigerian citizen.
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by angeleses: 10:48am On Apr 15, 2008
@Babatunde Williams(babwilms)

My heart is peculiarly sugary and honified at the fact that someone has seen the pertinent point I have been perenially vituperating concerning how Nigeria can accelerate towards a state of continous change and development - the mindset of Nigerians must take a 360degree rotation about the present axis - it must be juxtaposed completely and made to have a complete change - we have been a conglomeration of homo sapiens who expects things to be done for us, without a parallel recourse to what we can do for the country - we look at the lampoonable characters called politicians and public office holders and because of their corrupt fiendos and grotesquely tattered mindset at economically famishing the nation, we use that to judge the fact that the country can not accelerate towards gigiantic greatness? Says who? America is the most corrupt nation on earth - yet they are progressing - why, because of the patriotic zeal of the people - we as a people need to doubly beleive in our country and pray and work towards her dexteric greatness not to at every opportunity yell all manner of juraristic yobs and dastardly opinionated restitude at her which does nothing but to continually velocites her to a state of perilious destruction - we dont want these - lets all aggregate our hands to make it work.
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by Tgirl6: 10:55am On Apr 15, 2008
hmm, Nigeria, wel no matter how drab the situation is, in this country we can still single out some positivity' 419? we still have some honest Nigerians, evryone for himself? we still have some caring ones, i mean ive had a number of strangers help me, killing? wel, NiGERIA can hardly boast of psychos on the run killing pple which is a common scenerio in America. Politics dirty? at least there's some form of sanity as seen after the riggishly conducted election, unseat of some governors who created false votes, but still it is certain dat Nigeria has stil got a lengthy road to pass by, Electricity, infrastructure is stil on the decline' all good im proudly Nigerian**
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by wetinde(m): 11:01am On Apr 15, 2008
How many of you are actually watching the news to see what is happening with the UK and American economy . Do you know why the 2 countries are going into recession . Are you aware that a lot of Nigerians are moving back to Nigeria and are finding work and doing well. Some of you are not actually looking at things from a wholistic point of view. You become so emotional talking about corruption   The difference between the western world and Nigeria is the fact that we are not discreet about corruption. Corruption and politics go together in any economy,and it  affects the ordinary people in the western world it just takes a lot longer to be discovered and is experienced significantly for a very longtime. Look at donations for elections in the Uk or US. Look at the handout of contracts and how they fail on implementation . I can go on and on. Some of you need to watch and monitor the news of UK and US before you start ranting unnecessarily
    Nigeria is no worse than a lot of the western countries. Once Yaradua enforces due process and all the government parastatals become dependent on  technical infrastructure, then accountability can be traced. People will then become a lot more cautious. The major problem now is that fraud is difficult to trace at the moment but that is sure to change. The longer you stay in the western world and keep tabs on what is really going on in the US/UK where you live you then find out that Nigeria is not as bad.
The truth is we Nigerians are so ignorant that we wash our dirty laundery outside. It is like someone having AIDS and then the child going out to advertise it. The only people in the world who portray this attitude are we Nigerians. In this world there will always be leaders and followers . if it bothers you so much do something about it and stop slandering the name of your mother land.

I LOVE NIGERIA . IF NOT FOR NIGERIA A LOT OF US WILL NOT BE ON THIS FORUM. IF IT IS SO BAD WHY ARE OTHER AFRICAN COUNTRIES SCALLING OUR BOARDER TO COME THERE. WHY ARE OTHER WESTERN COUNTRIES COMING TO ESTABLISH THEMSELVES THERE AND WILL NOT LEAVE . PLEASE NIGERIA THOUGH COMPLEX IS A GREAT COUNTRY
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by tboy1(m): 11:06am On Apr 15, 2008
angeleses:

@Babatunde Williams(babwilms)

My heart is peculiarly sugary and honified at the fact that someone has seen the pertinent point I have been perenially vituperating concerning how Nigeria can accelerate towards a state of continous change and development - the mindset of Nigerians must take a 360degree rotation about the present axis - it must be juxtaposed completely and made to have a complete change - we have been a conglomeration of homo sapiens who expects things to be done for us, without a parallel recourse to what we can do for the country - we look at the lampoonable characters called politicians and public office holders and because of their corrupt fiendos and grotesquely tattered mindset at economically famishing the nation, we use that to judge the fact that the country can not accelerate towards gigiantic greatness? Says who? America is the most corrupt nation on earth - yet they are progressing - why, because of the patriotic zeal of the people - we as a people need to doubly beleive in our country and pray and work towards her dexteric greatness not to at every opportunity yell all manner of juraristic yobs and dastardly opinionated restitude at her which does nothing but to continually velocites her to a state of perilious destruction - we don't want these - lets all aggregate our hands to make it work.

Starting from you the poster - How do you intend to make it work i.e make nigeria a better place?

and can you stop with all the unnecessary english, no one is impressed and im still waiting for the answer to my question
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by angeleses: 11:17am On Apr 15, 2008
@kobojunkie

I think your main problem is the fact that you have been a wasted mamalian in the place you are and you just find it hard to beleive that Nigerian can be a better place than the so called America/Europe - which many of us lived and find not equal to anything for us and we came back home to make a better living - you have the right to become an american citizen or whatever - but beleive it when people have positive patriotism towards Nigeria - beleive it such things still exist.

The problem with the so called diasporic nin tendoes is because they have wasted their whole life abroad and when you try to tell them that they can find a better life living at home, they take every effort to disparage those possibilities and tell you Nigeria is not a place to live - they tell you - no light - no watter - no roads - no food - as if this was not the same country they lived before going abroad to do shit packing jobs and security jobs - they say - hell no - I cant live in Nigeria - no - ask them properly - they are afraid to come home and become a nobody - they are afraid to come home and see those people they left behind making it more than them - its not because the country is bad - its because they are so so so frustrated - they dont know where to fall in - in or out - so - dey will never see or say anything good about Nigeria -

A case in point - I have this friend who left Nigeria 24 years ago - and had only been to Nigeria maybe three times or so since then - and while he was in Nigeria - he used to live in one remote part of Nigeria - but now - when I am home and I tell him - oh - I am watching cable - he asks - do you have cable TV in Nigeria, or if I tell him I am in the fast food restarurant - he asks - do you have fast food restaurants in Nigeria - can you see - they have lost their sense to America/Europe.

shio.
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by angeleses: 11:19am On Apr 15, 2008
tboy1:

Starting from you the poster - How do you intend to make it work i.e make nigeria a better place?

and can you stop with all the unnecessary english, no one is impressed and im still waiting for the answer to my question

You live in Southampton of all places - a place I have lived while in the UK and you talk as if you are in paradise - I can write any English I like - I am not asking you to be impressed - Mr big lips.
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by Kobojunkie: 11:30am On Apr 15, 2008
angeleses:

@kobojunkie

I think your main problem is the fact that you have been a wasted mamalian in the place you are and you just find it hard to beleive that Nigerian can be a better place than the so called America/Europe - which many of us lived and find not equal to anything for us and we came back home to make a better living - you have the right to become an american citizen or whatever - but beleive it when people have positive patriotism towards Nigeria - beleive it such things still exist.

This happens to be the first stupid mistake that I believe people with conceited ideas of others, continue to make. I told you I am outside of the country. You were so quick to decide what group I should fall under that you never even took time to ask me

1)what I do
2)IF i am doing anything to come back or if I even hate Nigeria
3)I even stated that how long I have been out and that I have been back a couple myself
4)No where in my posts or the posts I have citied has anyone even claimed that Nigeria can never be better but idiots like you make it to place to READ THE MIND OF OTHERS ACCORDING TO YOUR MISERABLE SELF ISSUES. Are you even close to SANE?

You all appear to me as sanctimonious rats with nothing to offer but just your words which at the end of the day mean nothing in here. My Suggestion to you: Take time to actually learn what many of those Nigerians who live outside of Nigeria believe and what they do that may actually be contributing to you living a better life even in that country. I would even go as far as labelling people like you as the major problem with that country. People with nothing to offer but rhetoric. You opened up a thread asking people to tell you what it is that is bad about Nigeria and you immediately concluded that all persons who see something bad about the country HATE the country?? I am beginning to doubt if you have ever been in the four walls of a college cause you seem to have serious problems reading and understanding the English language.

The problem with the so called diasporic nin tendoes is because they have wasted their whole life abroad and when you try to tell them that they can find a better life living at home, they take every effort to disparage those possibilities and tell you Nigeria is not a place to live - they tell you - no light - no watter - no roads - no food - as if this was not the same country they lived before going abroad to do shit packing jobs and security jobs - they say - hell no - I can't live in Nigeria - no - ask them properly - they are afraid to come home and become a nobody - they are afraid to come home and see those people they left behind making it more than them - its not because the country is bad - its because they are so so so frustrated - they don't know where to fall in - in or out - so - dey will never see or say anything good about Nigeria -

What the heck?? Why don't you take it upon yourself to clean up the country yourself?? I mean since you seem to be quick to label everyone else are stupid, why have you not changed that country yourself?? Let me guess, you are going to come back with the claim that there is nothing wrong with Nigeria as it is and so nothing to change?? Something like , " NIGERIA is not the most Corrupt Country in the world. followed by something like, AMERICA happens to be the most corrupt country on the planet even though it HIDES its evils from the world. Nigeria is still a baby compared to America and so should not be expected to grow and develop in just 47 years, oh yeah, here is my favourite one, Just cause I know 5 Nigerians who went home this Springbreak means ALL NIGERIANS ARE NOW MOVING BACK HOME and getting good jobs and more, LMAO!!!

A case in point - I have this friend who left Nigeria 24 years ago - and had only been to Nigeria maybe three times or so since then - and while he was in Nigeria - he used to live in one remote part of Nigeria - but now - when I am home and I tell him - oh - I am watching cable - he asks - do you have cable TV in Nigeria, or if I tell him I am in the fast food restarurant - he asks - do you have fast food restaurants in Nigeria - can you see - they have lost their sense to America/Europe.

shio.

LMAO!!!! so every single time you are in Nigeria and you have to tell your friend that you have access to Cable and every single time you eat fast food, you have to tell your friend that fast food exists in Nigeria. Are you sure your friend's issue or maybe yours might be more a mental case and not a Nigeria related case since you have to do the same thing, I am guessing over 10 times now?? LMAO!! keep spewing
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by gentlegg(m): 11:39am On Apr 15, 2008
Well I like this topic a lot, I've taken time to go through many replies here.

Most people are somehow against the poster cos to them there is nothing good about Nigeria while a few probably are trying to be patriotic with our dear Nigeria.

But am standing between the proposers and the opposers of Nigeria, though partly in the opposers group. Nigerians generally are not all that bad as many people outside the country believe. Nigerians are not as immoral as the western world. I believe there are a lot of social ills among many other countries than Nigeria only that our own problem bothers much on corruption.

NIGERIA GOVERNMENT IS NIGERIA PROBLEM. This is where we rank the worst in the world. The rate and level of corruption, embezzlement, injustice, brutality, in Nigerian government and politics is heart-acheing. Being that most of our 'badness' comes from our top-placed devilish leaders, their shit is always smelt around the world hence Nigeria is bad. Most other country's 'badness' is so individualistic that they don't make news headlines. There are far more robbery, killings in south africa and in the western world than in Nigeria only that is just individual problems. Whereas most robbery(executive), killings in Nigeria are politically masterminded or governmentally connected, hence in the tabloid.

Verdict: Nigerians are just as bad as other country's citizens, not much difference, but Nigerian government, politics, evil-old-leaders are one of the worst in the world. God punish all of them. Na them put us into the wahala we dey today.
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by Kobojunkie: 11:41am On Apr 15, 2008
TOP FIVE THINGS ALL PATRIOTIC NIGERIANS MUST BELIEVE ARE TRUE,  EVEN WHEN FACTS SAY OTHERWISE  

[b]1) Do you know why the 2 countries, US AND UK, are going into recession .  Are you aware that a lot of Nigerians are moving back to Nigeria and are finding work and doing well. Some of you are not actually looking at things from a wholistic point of view. You become so emotional talking about corruption  I know 5 Nigerians who travelled back to Nigeria translates ALL NIGERIANS ARE NOW MOVING BACK TO NIGERIA AND LIVING BETTER LIVES THERE.

2)  The difference between the western world and Nigeria is the fact that we are not discreet about corruption. Corruption and politics go together in any economy,and it  affects the ordinary people in the western world it just takes a lot longer to be discovered and is experienced significantly for a very longtime. Look at donations for elections in the Uk or US. Look at the handout of contracts and how they fail on implementation . I can go on and on. Some of you need to watch and monitor the news of UK and US before you start ranting unnecessarily

3) Nigeria is no worse than a lot of the western countries. Once Yaradua enforces due process and all the government parastatals become dependent on  technical infrastructure, then accountability can be traced. People will then become a lot more cautious. The major problem now is that fraud is difficult to trace at the moment but that is sure to change. The longer you stay in the western world and keep tabs on what is really going on in the US/UK where you live you then find out that Nigeria is not as bad.

4) The truth is we Nigerians are so ignorant that we wash our dirty laundery outside. It is like someone having AIDS and then the child going out to advertise it. The only people in the world who portray this attitude are we Nigerians. In this world there will always be leaders and followers . if it bothers you so much do something about it and stop slandering the name of your mother land. --- The Reason why Nigeria is linked to corruption in the world today is ONLY CAUSE NIGERIANS ARE VERY HONEST ABOUT THEIR CORRUPT WAYS, LMAO!!!

5) The problem with the so called diasporic nin tendoes is because they have wasted their whole life abroad and when you try to tell them that they can find a better life living at home, they take every effort to disparage those possibilities and tell you Nigeria is not a place to live - they tell you - no light - no watter - no roads - no food - as if this was not the same country they lived before going abroad to do shit packing jobs and security jobs - they say - hell no - I can't live in Nigeria - no - ask them properly - they are afraid to come home and become a nobody - they are afraid to come home and see those people they left behind making it more than them - its not because the country is bad - its because they are so so so frustrated - they don't know where to fall in - in or out - so - dey will never see or say anything good about Nigeria -[/b]
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by angeleses: 11:44am On Apr 15, 2008
@Mr KoboJunkie

Your name says it all - KOBO - not even Naira or dollar or pounds - and then added to that - JUNKIE - hmmm - a junkie spending kobo --- hahahah - frustrated and harangued teetotaler.
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by Kobojunkie: 11:48am On Apr 15, 2008
angeleses:

@Mr KoboJunkie

Your name says it all - KOBO - not even Naira or dollar or pounds - and then added to that - JUNKIE - hmmm - a junkie spending kobo --- hahahah - frustrated and harangued teetotaler.

Actually, you happen to be the very one who comes off are being seriously frustrated and deluded as you continue to harp on others who are just doing exactly what you asked them to do while you continue to assume you have them all figured out when in fact you are not even close to getting a single thing right about anyone, even I. It is people like you that make me understand well why it may still be long before things actually change in that country. That I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT EVERYONE ELSE mentality is one of the major things that kills ideas in that country and you, my friend, have that disorder and may need to get rid of it first to understand that you may not have it all figured out when it comes to nigerians outside and inside of that country.
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by wetinde(m): 11:48am On Apr 15, 2008
@angeleses

Do not waste your time with the guy. Just ignore him. Empty barrels always make the loudest noise. I wonder why anyone would think that I should have to bring a dictionary with me to read a note on a forum. Unnecessary show off.

Please impress the court judge with your old school english. Judge might not even be impressed self.  
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by dremoney(m): 11:50am On Apr 15, 2008
Nigeria?

My country is Blessed,accepted!!!!! once d basic needs r fixed (security,electricity,infastrucure etc), Nigeria shuld be at par wit d western world asides technology,

Our Problems?

Bastard Leaders
(from Military to Democracy)
Corruption everywhere in d country including nairaland memebers.
Illiteracy level.
Greed
Wickedness (Imagine a politician with no registered company before assupmtion of office having properties worth billions     in  hard currency after office)

REVOLUTION IS THE SOLUTION.
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by tboy1(m): 12:01pm On Apr 15, 2008
angeleses:

You live in Southampton of all places - a place I have lived while in the UK and you talk as if you are in paradise - I can write any English I like - I am not asking you to be impressed - Mr big lips.

Now i've just confirmed you're just making noise for nothing. I'm not going to divert this topic by abusing you but i still need you to answer my question- How do u intend to change Nigeria?

FYI
I work in southampton during the weekdays and head back to London during the weekends tongue
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by angeleses: 12:11pm On Apr 15, 2008
tboy1:

Now i've just confirmed you're just making noise for nothing. I'm not going to divert this topic by abusing you but i still need you to answer my question- How do u intend to change Nigeria?

FYI
I work in southampton during the weekdays and head back to London during the weekends tongue

The topic is not about changing Nigeria - the topic is about what is it that is so peculiarly bad about Nigeria that people wont shut up their mouth and say something else about the country.

How many Nigerians are athletes in the UK, how many are in the NHS as medical doctors. How many are IT consultants? How many are business moguls? Loads of them - but these dont get mentioned when people speak about Nigeria - all they talk about are - bad roads, corruption - 419, as if those things are peculiar to Nigeria alone - - read the topic and read the first pose b4 you ask me any question Mr back seat of car seater.
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by dremoney(m): 12:12pm On Apr 15, 2008
Kobojunkie:

TOP FIVE THINGS ALL PATRIOTIC NIGERIANS MUST BELIEVE ARE TRUE,  EVEN WHEN FACTS SAY OTHERWISE  

[b]1) Do you know why the 2 countries, US AND UK, are going into recession .  Are you aware that a lot of Nigerians are moving back to Nigeria and are finding work and doing well. Some of you are not actually looking at things from a wholistic point of view. You become so emotional talking about corruption  I know 5 Nigerians who travelled back to Nigeria translates ALL NIGERIANS ARE NOW MOVING BACK TO NIGERIA AND LIVING BETTER LIVES THERE.

2)  The difference between the western world and Nigeria is the fact that we are not discreet about corruption. Corruption and politics go together in any economy,and it  affects the ordinary people in the western world it just takes a lot longer to be discovered and is experienced significantly for a very longtime. Look at donations for elections in the Uk or US. Look at the handout of contracts and how they fail on implementation . I can go on and on. Some of you need to watch and monitor the news of UK and US before you start ranting unnecessarily

3) Nigeria is no worse than a lot of the western countries. Once Yaradua enforces due process and all the government parastatals become dependent on  technical infrastructure, then accountability can be traced. People will then become a lot more cautious. The major problem now is that fraud is difficult to trace at the moment but that is sure to change. The longer you stay in the western world and keep tabs on what is really going on in the US/UK where you live you then find out that Nigeria is not as bad.

4) The truth is we Nigerians are so ignorant that we wash our dirty laundery outside. It is like someone having AIDS and then the child going out to advertise it. The only people in the world who portray this attitude are we Nigerians. In this world there will always be leaders and followers . if it bothers you so much do something about it and stop slandering the name of your mother land. --- The Reason why Nigeria is linked to corruption in the world today is ONLY CAUSE NIGERIANS ARE VERY HONEST ABOUT THEIR CORRUPT WAYS, LMAO!!!

5) The problem with the so called diasporic nin tendoes is because they have wasted their whole life abroad and when you try to tell them that they can find a better life living at home, they take every effort to disparage those possibilities and tell you Nigeria is not a place to live - they tell you - no light - no watter - no roads - no food - as if this was not the same country they lived before going abroad to do shit packing jobs and security jobs - they say - hell no - I can't live in Nigeria - no - ask them properly - they are afraid to come home and become a nobody - they are afraid to come home and see those people they left behind making it more than them - its not because the country is bad - its because they are so so so frustrated - they don't know where to fall in - in or out - so - dey will never see or say anything good about Nigeria -[/b]

uu jst dey talk rubbish, uv bn away 4 a long time n now uv gt a good job back in Nigeria,
y did u run away in d first place?u dey craze,
u wuld av stayed when u travelled n check if what u have nw wuld av bn urs had u stayed back then,
d level of reasoning i expect from isnt what u displaced here at all,

Like everyone's got a story n destiny,travelling out is all about gettn more exposed u shuld kw that, Nigeria get problems;y nt admit? we've gt basic issues to solve, people live happily here witout aving excessive cash bt in Nigeria d few employed  r oppressing d un-employed, nobodi dey se banker's here but in Nigeria, show-off too much because very few gt that kindda job, i can b a security here n build houses in Nigeria but its nt d same ova dere, wetin u dey yarn sef?
wats d ratio of employed to unemployed in Nigeria?even if employed,ow many get good jobs?
im sure your company's paying 4 your exposure(if uv gt one) nt what's in your brain because i doubt if anytin meaningful is dere,

Crime's everywhere in d world but ow do other countries solve it?d oda day,a speaker shot at opponents ojukoroju,what has bn done to him till nw? 300m bn shared jst like that? house dey share 407 like say na bicycle when people cnt even afford a room aprtment? no electricty 4 weeks? xtremely bad roads? robbers in operation 4 3hrs n nothing dey happen? all in Nigeria.

Infact,u mumu pass make i dey follow u argue, no wory,until them collect your palm-top on third mainland bridge,u no go sabi d mess we r in,

ehn,u kw 5 pple dat came back n got good jobs, ur reasoning is more dan low sef, wats bn used to measure d level of improvement in an economy?

OUR LEADERS TRADED D FUTURE OF DAT COUNTRY,WE R ONLY RICH IN PAPERS, THINK ABOUT D ORDINARY NIGERIANS.
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by Kobojunkie: 12:13pm On Apr 15, 2008
LMAO@!!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by angeleses: 12:33pm On Apr 15, 2008
dremoney:

uu jst dey talk rubbish, uv bn away 4 a long time n now uv gt a good job back in Nigeria,
y did u run away in d first place?u dey craze,
u wuld av stayed when u travelled n check if what u have nw wuld av bn urs had u stayed back then,
d level of reasoning i expect from  isnt what u displaced here at all,

Like everyone's got a story n destiny,travelling out is all about gettn more exposed u shuld kw that, Nigeria get problems;y nt admit? we've gt basic issues to solve, people live happily here witout aving excessive cash bt in Nigeria d few employed  r oppressing d un-employed, nobodi dey se banker's here but in Nigeria, show-off too much because very few gt that kindda job, i can b a security here n build houses in Nigeria but its nt d same ova dere, wetin u dey yarn sef?
wats d ratio of employed to unemployed in Nigeria?even if employed,ow many get good jobs?
im sure your company's paying 4 your exposure(if uv gt one) nt what's in your brain because i doubt if anytin meaningful is dere,

Crime's everywhere in d world but ow do other countries solve it?d oda day,a speaker shot at opponents ojukoroju,what has bn done to him till nw? 300m bn shared jst like that? house dey share 407 like say na bicycle when people cnt even afford a room aprtment? no electricty 4 weeks? xtremely bad roads? robbers in operation 4 3hrs n nothing dey happen? all in Nigeria.

Infact,u mumu pass make i dey follow u argue, no wory,until them collect your palm-top on third mainland bridge,u no go sabi d mess we r in,

ehn,u kw 5 people that came back n got good jobs, your reasoning is more dan low sef, wats bn used to measure d level of improvement  in an economy?

OUR LEADERS TRADED D FUTURE OF DAT COUNTRY,WE R ONLY RICH IN PAPERS, THINK ABOUT D ORDINARY NIGERIANS.

Excuse me - I can not peruse anything meaningful in all your vituperations and absolute jagons which cacophonically speaking smacks of irrational diasporic and meaningless expose.

Try say something more readable.

You are lucky where you are if one under 16 year old don't stab you on a public bus - you are lucky if you don't get mugged on Oxford Street while shopping - you are lucky if your phone hasnt been snatched on the street while walking and making phone calls - you are lucky if you have not been involved in a drive by shooting - you are lucky if the police hasnt arrested you for no just cause - you are lucky if you havent been called a black monkey - you are lucky if your old man/woman hasnt been stabbed just for the fun of it - you are so lucky living in paradise there -
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by furlee(m): 12:43pm On Apr 15, 2008
Anyone doing a research on negative perspective about Nigeria only needs to come to this thread and he will gather first hand information about the bad side of Nigeria. Every country in the world had their own fair share of "madness" but they always try to broadcast their good side. Nigeria is bad but not to the extent of a gunman shooting 33 students at a go (Remember Virginia Tech in America).

What we can do is to create an avenue where our advice and good reasons can be put across to our leaders. Nigeria has great potentials but we lack the leaders to utilize these human resources. Have your ever wondered why though many nairalanders never saw one another yet we discuss issues from a valuable intellectual point of view.

Let us "force" our leaders to have a feedback mechanism where we can reach them to tell them to their face their evil deeds peradventure one of them will give a listening ear and save us all from impending calamity.

Nigeria is my country, may be bad now but I believe my generation will reap the good of this land.
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by tboy1(m): 12:56pm On Apr 15, 2008
angeleses:

The topic is not about changing Nigeria - the topic is about what is it that is so peculiarly bad about Nigeria that people wont shut up their mouth and say something else about the country.

How many Nigerians are athletes in the UK, how many are in the NHS as medical doctors. How many are IT consultants? How many are business moguls? Loads of them - but these don't get mentioned when people speak about Nigeria - all they talk about are - bad roads, corruption - 419, as if those things are peculiar to Nigeria alone - - read the topic and read the first pose before you ask me any question Mr back seat of car seater.

grin grin grin grin grin Like i said earlier i wont reply by abusing you. Is all what everyone saying about Nigeria False?
To be honest i don't care if they talk about the good or bad things regarding Nigeria, the only thing I'm concerned about are the bad things that is affecting the country currently. Can you come back from abroad and decide you want to take public transport home with all your luggages? Can you decide to go to a party and leave your house at 1am without fasting or praying? Can you live in a house without calculating how long it will take before NEPA (or whatever they called them) mess up again?
The obvious reasons why the country is in such a mess has to be tackled first and its such a shame everyone knows what should be done but the people that can tackle this problems (EFCC,Nigerian Police,House of Rep/Assembly, even the president) will not be bothered so what do you expect anyone to do?

Currently apart from Hardworking People, there is nothing good about Nigeria. The main thing CORRUPTION has to be dealt with first.
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by Kobojunkie: 12:59pm On Apr 15, 2008
tboy1:

grin grin grin grin grin Like i said earlier i wont reply by abusing you. Is all what everyone saying about Nigeria False?
To be honest i don't care if they talk about the good or bad things regarding Nigeria, the only thing I'm concerned about are the bad things that is affecting the country currently. Can you come back from abroad and decide you want to take public transport home with all your luggages? Can you decide to go to a party and leave your house at 1am without fasting or praying? Can you live in a house without calculating how long it will take before NEPA (or whatever they called them) mess up again?
The obvious reasons why the country is in such a mess has to be tackled first and its such a shame everyone knows what should be done but the people that can tackle this problems (EFCC,Nigerian Police,House of Rep/Assembly, even the president) will not be bothered so what do you expect anyone to do?

Currently apart from Hardworking People, there is nothing good about Nigeria. The main thing CORRUPTION has to be dealt with first.

LMAO!!!! I am going to guess in response, you will be told that you are BLIND and brainwashed by the western world to believe all those problems exist in Nigeria, even if you live in South Africa or even Kenya or Ghana , LMAO!!!
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by angeleses: 1:04pm On Apr 15, 2008
Are you ever surprised that the people who live outside Nigeria are the ones that show and talk about their negative experience and negative sides to Nigeria?

I am not surprised, I am just AMAZED. If they are anything to be reckoned with in the first place, they wont live outside and throw stones at their own house - Yoruba people say - na bastard person they point to im papa house with the left finger.

These people talk about how bad Nigeria is - but when they come home, they are the first to dis -obey every rule in the book - but where they live, they dare not dis obey any rule because if they do - the white police will be happy to slam their black arse in jail - but in Nigeria - they act like kings - how wont they speak bad about Nigeria? Can you reason it yourself - the people that live in Nigeria - in the so called suffering, in the so called bad country - they still have hopes and at least are positive about Nigeria - but those nin tendoes who find it hard to come back home - dem no even get visa to stay where they are - they speak and boud mouth all things about Nigeria.

The question is - these things thou speaketh are not peculiar to Nigeria alone - so why the hell?
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by phabooluz(m): 2:17pm On Apr 15, 2008
insincerity makes d country sick.its a dog eat dog country.d disgruntled pple 2day are those kicked outta govt,nobody is sincere
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by muyii12: 2:28pm On Apr 15, 2008
@vivi ,did i hear you say developing nation?oh come off dat.nigeria has all the the resouces to be a developed nation by now,did you know why it took the already developed nations longer time to be developed,the simple answer is simply because they started from the scratch to find a way out to be developed,but we were first colonised by already developed nation which was britain and that gives us a better chance to even be developed much more faster,the senerio is this,take for instance somebody who decides to learn a program all by his or her self and someone who goes to a professional to teach him that same package,who do you think will learn faster.the only problem nigeria has is BAD LEADERS, period, or wat will you say in case of power generation,is nigeria still a developing nation in that sector,nigeria still generates less than 3000MW(megawatt) where we have a population of more than 140millionn.where as south africa generates about 40000MW with a population of about 34million.infact i still stand firm that the mproblem facing our dear country nigeria is nothing but that our leaders are heartless and wicked,just look at how our former president made a mess of his administration of the $16billion invested in power sector with nothing to show for it.thanks and God bless all naira landers.
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by almondjoy(f): 2:31pm On Apr 15, 2008
They tell a lot of lies even when they have no reason to and are very dishonest! Even a simple goodmorning is lie.  Yet they worship like they wrote the holy books. Stealing and telling lies just comes naturally from conception. Then have the unmitigated gall to open their filthy mouths in public to make noise instead of burying their heads in shame!

Never met a bunch of hypocrites God just collected in any and every part of the world and dumped in one place.  Gosh!  Very irritating!  No matter how educated they are. . .they end up in jail as petty thieves!  A country where a whole pediatrician can be reduced a petty thief with all the education and exposure.

Tufiakwa! angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law / EFCC Arrests Saminu Turaki / Simon Egbong Is Dead! Cross River Lawmaker Dies After Protracted Illness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.