Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries (18580 Views)

If Old Age Is Bad What Is Serving California Governor Doing In The Office / My Family Is Safer In Nigeria Than In South Africa - South African Businessman / What Are Nigerians Known For Abroad, Good Or Bad, What Do You Think? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by Epiphany(m): 2:50pm On Apr 15, 2008
Man, with all the comments i have read thus far, IF I SAY I AM ASHAMED TO BE A NIGERIAN, WILL I BE JUSTIFIED?

I was at the international airport in Singapore the other day and when the immigration people were obviously delaying one 'rough' looking passenger, he started screaming at them, "gaddemit, you cant do this to me, I AM AN AMERICAN CITIZEN". Needless to say, the officers quietly stamped his passport and allowed him into their country.

We, as Nigerians do not have that luxury of shouting down immigration officers anywhere (sadly, even in our own country).

I make bold to say that at least Half of our population, if given the chance, will denounce our nigerian citizenship and accept others. I stand corrected, will anyone challenge me?
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by almondjoy(f): 2:52pm On Apr 15, 2008
Nothing to be ashamed of. . . just do your part and sleep well at night that's all.  Let the others worry about themselves if they ever find out who or what they are!

I can never denouce my Nigerian heritage. . .just to prove that most Nigerians may be trash. . . but I am not one. That alone will make the whole world realize that one size does not fit all after all!

Not bothered at all! It will all work out in the end, even if not in ma lifetime!

To me it is a personal responsiblity not a communual or national one.  Every man or woman for himself.  Not in the "we" mentality of salvation at all!

People who move back to Nigeria are those who have definitely "overstayed" their welcome in foreign countries by living above their means and maxing out their credit with borrowing left, right and center.  If you make the right choices. . .no need to move back to Nigeria to become a petty thief looking for government contract or "ashewo" political appointment after being screwed in the front and back!  If you do not belong in the western world after making fools of yourselves here. . .you have no damn choice but to crawl back into the verminous hole you escaped from. . .Nigeria!  Good riddance to bad rubbish!  You should never have left in the first or second place.  Since no "ODU" or credit card fraud again. . .many have decided to go back to continue stealing so they can be rewarded in Nigeria.

Who cares? Good riddance I say!

Move on where you belong, so the rest of us can live in peace over here.  Borrow borrow make me fines!

Shikena!
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by Tstark(m): 3:19pm On Apr 15, 2008
@ almondjoy
I don't get you, so are you trying to say the only reason for someone to move back to Nigeria is cos they are failures in the country where they live? If so i guess you're one of those who think the USA is their home and cos they're "comfortable" out here then they are living the life.
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by muyii12: 3:32pm On Apr 15, 2008
naira landers,what do we call corruption,is it only embezzlement,no,what am saying is that nigerians should change their mentality and i believe this forum is not for us to come and learn how to rain abuses on people wen they lay their opinion,nobody wants to believe that what he or she is contributing is wrong,so there i urge ANGELES TO STOP ABUSING KOBOJUNKIE cos he is trying to air his views considering the fact that you angeles brought up this topic.cheers
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by almondjoy(f): 4:17pm On Apr 15, 2008
Tstark:

@ almondjoy
I don't get you, so are you trying to say the only reason for someone to move back to Nigeria is because they are failures in the country where they live? If so i guess you're one of those who think the USA is their home and because they're "comfortable" out here then they are living the life.

Correct!  Look at the people moving back and tell me what you see. . .a bunch of drifters!  USA is ma home. . .no doubt about that!  Let those who have failed here move back to their real homes. . .Nigeria! So those remaining here can live in peace so the name Nigeria will have a chance at some form of redemption.

You think I got comfortable by picking ma nose?  I am living the life. . .No amount of money in Nigeria can give me that. Who wants to live amongst thieves for crying out loud? cry
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by crazylegs(m): 4:34pm On Apr 15, 2008
Don't quite agree. People often move back simply because they feel more respected here. You may be comfortable and relatively successful outside the country, but here in Naija, you really at home. You can shout in the middle of the road if you want. If things are really tight you can take a piss in a corner.

I have to admit that its not really easy to feel perfectly at home outside Nigeria no matter how comfortable I may be.

@ topic
I'm one of those that badmouth Nigeria a lot. Things are bad: Crime, corruption and a lot of laziness. Its not patriotism to not see the obvious. Just go to Ghana for a week and on coming back to Naija you'll realise how wretched things are. To fix things you have to admit they are bad first
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by angeleses: 4:49pm On Apr 15, 2008
@almondjoy

you are certainly one sick person - to say it is those people who cant make it abroad or overstayed their welscome or amass huge credit bills that go back home to Nigeria is nothing but arrant nonsence from a hugely frustrated and gorilla looking woman - you are one demented ashewo nincompoop who runs her mouth just the way the engine of my car runs - I bet you are living as a prositute - mad with HIV and obsessed with men - thats why you can say what you say about Nigeria - no wonder - you are from Sapele of all places.

If you dont know what you are saying - visit the immigration, visit the department of commerce, visit the corporate affairs commision and ask to find out how many Nigerians have shifted base from your so called Ameica and have foud a good life living and running their business in Nigeria - I am one - and FYI - I have no credit card bill, I have no unpaid mortgages, I travel worldwide whenever I like - and I live good - and I dont run after government money - or government contract.

Beside - is it not the Nigerians that live abroad that go to jail for Credit Card fraud - are they not the ones in jail for forged documents - are they not the ones in jail for currecny offences? are they the ones in Nigeria - rather - the ones like yourself who has staayed abroad are the ones who cant come to Nigeria as a somebody -

Just look at the ones who run down Nigeria onthis forum - they are the ones who live in America/Europe - they can never become something in Nigeria - so they stay away and run down Nigeria - just like your ugly faced dracula normally does .

The well meaning Nigeriams that mean good for their country come back home to invest in the economy - to contribute their own quota to the well being and greatness of the country rather than priding themselves in being a Nigerian American. Even the black American are struggling for an identity - talkless of you who only became an America by virtue of how long u have stayed there - bollocks like yah.
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by tboy1(m): 5:19pm On Apr 15, 2008
almondjoy:

People who move back to Nigeria are those who have definitely "overstayed" their welcome in foreign countries by living above their means and maxing out their credit with borrowing left, right and center.  If you make the right choices. . .no need to move back to Nigeria to become a petty thieve looking for government contract or "ashewo" political appointment after being screwed in the front and back!  If you do not belong in the western world after making fools of yourselves here. . .you have no damn choice but to crawl back into the verminous hole you escaped from. . .Nigeria!  Good riddance to bad rubbish!  You should never have left in the first or second place.  Since no "[b]ODU" or credit card fraud again. . .many have decided to go back to continue stealing so they can be rewarded in Nigeria.
Who cares? Good riddance I say![/b]
Move on where you belong, so the rest of us can live in peace over here.  Borrow borrow make me fines!
Shikena!

Even though i fully agree nigeria is in a bad state i do not agree with your statement.
What of the people that went abroad to study, got a couple years of experience and then decided to go back home and make better use of their qualifications and experiences to make nigeria better place
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by bawomolo(m): 5:41pm On Apr 15, 2008
with all the above vituperations and passionately renders elizabethan discourses, noone has actually been able to conjure a set of reasons why people say the country is an anomaly - all the reasons postulated are reasons that are not myopically connoted to the country alone - same things abide in all other conglomerations called nations - from the developed to the undeveloped nations - these things are applauded, take China for example - is the human right abuse in Nigeria as gigiantic as it is in China? Is the yuletide of crime and apocalypse of murder in South Africa not worse than it is in Nigeria? Is ethnic rigmarole and economic conodrums not worse in Zimbabwe, Kenya, Egypt etc than it is in Nigeria? Is corruption not the same globally as it is in a federated entity like it is Nigeria - so - I still havent seen - what is uniquely a mis adventure for a country like ours - it shows visually that the condomium of problematic dexterity is in the way the people themselves has find it to reason - a reason that algeraically summarises to lack of patriotic zeal and lack of passionate patriotism in the part of the citizens - worse for it are those who have found themselves out of the entity.

We all need a gigiantic overturn of our medula oblongata in a way that will bring a parallel recourse to egotism and remove every iota of obtuse hatred and return it to a condrum of applaudable patriotism - Nigeria is not yet uhuru - but I am certain that the way to uhuru is not paved with gold, it is a miniature of the biblical camel passing through the highway of the needle eye - we just have to concur to a change of patriotic aggradisement in a way that will bring political forwardness and economic upwardness.

Reacting further, I summise that the maximal conflic and attitudinal egotism protrudes from those Nigerians that have found themselves out to other nations like America/Europe - these set of people out of their lampoonable parameters, resort to comparing Nigerian with these developed nations, they paste their thinking faculty with facades of good life, facades that block their mentality and they in adequately try to assuge everyone of the need for Nigeria to be in parallel algorithm with Nigeria - they forget with utmost recluse that Nigeria and these countries are not in the same league - they blind themselves with inimical obrobrium. They should be made to meticulously renege on their hell bent threat to undermine our loving country - it is a shame.

chia, oga abeg. take am small small. high school level english please grin grin
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by bawomolo(m): 5:44pm On Apr 15, 2008
I dnt think Nigeria is that bad because, I live in Georgia and weneva i remeba anything i use 2 do in Nigeria, I always miss ma homeland.SO Omo Nigga please be satisfied with whatever u got.

trust me, u won't be deep down south america if naija was that good. why don't u run home permanently if u miss it. do u see mass emigration into or out of naija. that should give u a clue. instability in the nigerian goverment is a big issue and not piecemeal contributions by NGO's. abi na doctors without borders go save us??
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by almondjoy(f): 5:54pm On Apr 15, 2008
angeleses:

@almondjoy

you are certainly one sick person - to say it is those people who can't make it abroad or overstayed their welscome or amass huge credit bills that go back home to Nigeria is nothing but arrant nonsence from a hugely frustrated and gorilla looking woman - you are one demented ashewo nincompoop who runs her mouth just the way the engine of my car runs - I bet you are living as a prositute - mad with HIV and obsessed with men - thats why you can say what you say about Nigeria - no wonder - you are from Sapele of all places.

If you don't know what you are saying - visit the immigration, visit the department of commerce, visit the corporate affairs commision and ask to find out how many Nigerians have shifted base from your so called Ameica and have foud a good life living and running their business in Nigeria - I am one - and FYI - I have no credit card bill, I have no unpaid mortgages, I travel worldwide whenever I like - and I live good - and I don't run after government money - or government contract.

Beside - is it not the Nigerians that live abroad that go to jail for Credit Card fraud - are they not the ones in jail for forged documents - are they not the ones in jail for currecny offences? are they the ones in Nigeria - rather - the ones like yourself who has staayed abroad are the ones who can't come to Nigeria as a somebody -

Just look at the ones who run down Nigeria onthis forum - they are the ones who live in America/Europe - they can never become something in Nigeria - so they stay away and run down Nigeria - just like your ugly faced dracula normally does .

The well meaning Nigeriams that mean good for their country come back home to invest in the economy - to contribute their own quota to the well being and greatness of the country rather than priding themselves in being a Nigerian American. Even the black American are struggling for an identity - talkless of you who only became an America by virtue of how long u have stayed there - bollocks like yah.

he he he he he! cheesy

Laff wan finishy me! Sufferhead like you!  Go make Yaradua sleep with you once in your rear end and become minister of "fineyansh!"  Mumu!

grin grin grin

tboy1:

Even though i fully agree nigeria is in a bad state i do not agree with your statement.
What of the people that went abroad to study, got a couple years of experience and then decided to go back home and make better use of their qualifications and experiences to make nigeria better place

All they are going to do is steal like the people who are providing them the "contract jobs"!

Na so so thieves full for thia! What kind of people in their right states of mind go back to Nigeria if not to go and steal? To make Nigeria a better place. . .how?  When they have not bettered themselves in a "normal" environment?  I am happy you know Nigeria is in a bad state.  All my relatives there especially in "governmental" positions are all rogues! grin  No exceptions.  How can anyone to and salvage himself or herself in a "bad state" if not to become a criminal?  grin All the people who have moved back ended up being perfect criminals in the end. Just look around you I say. You become a believer of corruption and start baptizing others like you and you godfathers.

Let us not even discuss the shady business men selling fake drugs and spare parts all over Nigeria. I will pray for death first before I move back over there! cheesy
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by bawomolo(m): 5:58pm On Apr 15, 2008
NIGERIA GOVERNMENT IS NIGERIA PROBLEM. This is where we rank the worst in the world

who makes the nigerian government, aliens or humans. the government is corrupt from the federal to the local level. why is it that even the most intelligent Nigerians with PHD's(and their numerous titles) are sucked into one scandal or another the minute they get into power. the naija mentality of cash and carry is a problem. corrupt is ingrained into nigerian society just like in the Philippines or in Bangladesh. i think nigerians from the primary school level should be taught financial management, political theory, world religions classes etc's. nigeria is lacking when it comes to tolerance and governance. the government is of the people and not vice versa.

Excuse me - I can not peruse anything meaningful in all your vituperations and absolute jagons which cacophonically speaking smacks of irrational diasporic and meaningless expose.

damn, all talk and no substance. your phonetics gallore isn't fulling anyone. you are just another semi-illiterate.
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by bawomolo(m): 6:00pm On Apr 15, 2008
Nigeria is bad but not to the extent of a gunman shooting 33 students at a go (Remember Virginia Tech in America).

those killings were solved in a matter of weeks. pls list the number of nigerian cultists killings that have been solved. oh wait, did the campus police even attempt to solve them?? you blind patriots are ridiculous. the standard of living in nigeria is relatively poor.
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by almondjoy(f): 6:03pm On Apr 15, 2008
Trying using the Nigerian Police to solve the crimes. . .you become the victim yourself while the perpetrators massage the police commissioners and IGs/AIGs at night in the shanty barracks called mansions they live in, with deisel generating carbon dioxide all over the place in the almighty name of "big man" pot belle!!!
Rubbish!
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by TheSly: 6:16pm On Apr 15, 2008
I make bold to say that at least Half of our population, if given the chance, will denounce our nigerian citizenship and accept others. I stand corrected,
You are 100% Correct!
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 15, 2008
almondjoy:

People who move back to Nigeria are those who have definitely "overstayed" their welcome in foreign countries by living above their means and maxing out their credit with borrowing left, right and center.  If you make the right choices. . .no need to move back to Nigeria to become a petty thief looking for government contract or "ashewo" political appointment after being screwed in the front and back!  If you do not belong in the western world after making fools of yourselves here. . .you have no damn choice but to crawl back into the verminous hole you escaped from. . .Nigeria!  Good riddance to bad rubbish!  You should never have left in the first or second place.  Since no "ODU" or credit card fraud again. . .many have decided to go back to continue stealing so they can be rewarded in Nigeria.

Who cares? Good riddance I say!

Move on where you belong, so the rest of us can live in peace over here.  Borrow borrow make me fines!

Shikena!

That is definitely not true.!!

The ones that move back home willingly are those who have amassed wealth here.
Most of the ones still here can't even afford to visit Nigeria once in 5 years.
Those who have no plans of visiting or even living in Nigeria are totally lost  and are most likely not doing too well financially and up to their eyebals in debt
I know 2 families with 20 something year olds who have never ever visited their fatherland.
That is a  big shame.
I don't know about others but heaven forbid that I spend my golden years in a strange land.
that's why I save like crazy today because my heart will always be in Nigeria and to her I will return someday
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by Echeozo(m): 6:28pm On Apr 15, 2008
It's a shame to see what the leaders in Nigeria has turned Nigeria into: A laughing stock.All for their selfish purposes. But, the fact remains; Nigeria is a great country.It's left to the citizens of Nigeria to stand for change,to believe that Nigeria could rise from the gallows to the peak.It won't come easy,it has to come with a revolution(which might never happen).The mentality in Nigeria has to change.Change comes from the leaders.
Re: Nigeria Is Bad - Nigeria Is Bad - What Is Bad About Nigeria Than Other Countries by TheSly: 6:32pm On Apr 15, 2008
Nigeria is bad but not to the extent of a gunman shooting 33 students at a go (Remember Virginia Tech in America).
It is synonymous to. . ''cultists killings. . . . . .The worst case is killing of lecturers.
How many lecturers have been beheaded in any of the US universities

Nigeria's Problem can NEVER be solved. . . . .pls believe that!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Fuel Scarcity in Osun State - Photo / Ugwuanyi Inspects Enugu Government's First Flyover Construction / Mohbad: Sympathisers ‘Dispersed With Teargas’ At Lekki Tollgate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.