Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,306 members, 7,826,211 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? (28925 Views)

Atheists: What Are Your Views On Miracles? / Why Atheists Reject The Concept Of Miracles And Supernatural Occurrences / Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by coputa(m): 12:50pm On May 02, 2013
I decide to join this thread,in order to correct some childish and ignorant posts i read.....there are indeed supernatural occurrences in the lives of humans as they (man) were created by the creator and must abide by the rules governing the universe..,your disbelief does not change it....for example,whenever a fire fly perches on me on my way home it means,there is a visitor in my house,or when i wear the back of my shirt on my way out of the house,this also signifies that i must be paid money that day....... science is a mere trial and error which the white scientist put together to hoodwink the blacks. As 80% of scientific postulations were not verify by the blacks,they push their theories down our throat and give them foreign names....they undermine our progress and devlopment... this has also given rise to all forms of exploitations.,...they will come here to buy traditional African deity (gods) take them to the west and use the powers to see into the astra planes and ,bring out physical discoveries for their benefits... It is time for us to harness these natural gifts.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Purist(m): 2:18pm On May 02, 2013
coputa: I decide to join this thread,in order to correct some childish and ignorant posts i read.....there are indeed supernatural occurrences in the lives of humans as they (man) were created by the creator and must abide by the rules governing the universe..,your disbelief does not change it....for example,whenever a fire fly perches on me on my way home it means,there is a visitor in my house,or when i wear the back of my shirt on my way out of the house,this also signifies that i must be paid money that day....... science is a mere trial and error which the white scientist put together to hoodwink the blacks. As 80% of scientific postulations were not verify by the blacks,they push their theories down our throat and give them foreign names....they undermine our progress and devlopment... this has also given rise to all forms of exploitations.,...they will come here to buy traditional African deity (gods) take them to the west and use the powers to see into the astra planes and ,bring out physical discoveries for their benefits... It is time for us to harness these natural gifts.

You really shouldn't have wasted your time joining this thread. You only succeeded in further stinking up the whole joint along with your voodoo-believing brethren.

You all claim voodoo/juju/jazz works, yet, NOT a single one of you can DEMONSTRATE its efficacy without resorting to stories about some baba in your village or some OPC that chested bullets, or demanding that doubters come to your area to see for themselves. You people are beginning to bore me.

@bolded: Yours is a mindset that is sadly prevalent in the entire African continent. When we have the majority who hold the conviction that science is a "mere" trial and error that is used to "hoodwink" blacks, is there any wonder then why Africa is the most backward continent in the whole world? I don't even know how to respond properly to this drivel. I'm vigorously shaking my head for you.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 02, 2013
lipsrsealed
Just when you think you've read it all...
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Inova(m): 3:39pm On May 02, 2013
dannyokec: Jesus walked on water then their was nothing like plexi glass explain?

Were you there when he walked on water? Explain?
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Purist(m): 4:00pm On May 02, 2013
jayriginal:

[size=18pt]I suggest you read about Jean Eugène Robert-Houdin. Please note his contribution in the Algerian war.[/size]

Never expect these jazz-believing folks to follow this kind of suggestion. If they're the types that read, they wouldn't believe in voodoo/juju/jazz in the first place. Indeed, many of the so-called "jazz" scenarios that FOLYKAZE and his ilk have inundated us with on this thread are nothing but illusions that have been performed 2 centuries ago by a certain Jean Eugène Robert-Houdin. Yet, over 200 years later, in this supposed age of enlightenment, my African brethren are still beating their chests, confidently assuring dogmatic "retards" and "fools" like us that all these things are supernatural. For the sake of the African continent and indeed, humanity, I'll post his exploits here as seen in Wikipedia:

Jean Eugène Robert-Houdin (December 6, 1805 – June 13, 1871) was a French magician. He is widely considered the father of the modern style of conjuring.
===
Major achievements

The Arabs of Algeria were said to be excited to rebel against French colonialists by miracles performed by their religious leaders. In 1856, Napoleon III's Second French Empire sent Robert-Houdin there, hoping that he might perform tricks that were far more impressive, thereby dissolving the excitement of the rebels. Robert-Houdin's tricks, it is said, succeeded in breaking up the influence of the mullahs. Moreover, the Arabs became afraid of Robert-Houdin. [size=14pt]In one trick, he allowed an Arab to shoot at him with a marked bullet, but instead of killing him, the bullet was found between his teeth. After that, they believed he could do anything.[/size] Robert-Houdin was not the first illusionist to perform the bullet catch, and many since him have adapted their own version of the effect.

He used another famous trick to prove that French magic was stronger than local shamanism techniques: [size=14pt]he presented an empty box with an iron bottom that anyone could lift. By turning on an electro-magnet hidden under the floor, he made it immovable, "proving" that through will power, he could make it impossible to lift for the strongest Algerian warriors.[/size] He found the trick was more impressive not when he claimed that he could make the trunk heavy, but when he claimed he could make the strong man too weak to lift a trunk that even a small child could lift.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Eug%C3%A8ne_Robert-Houdin#Major_achievements
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Purist(m): 4:14pm On May 02, 2013
More:

The magical mission began with an informal show at the Bab Azoun Theatre in Algeria, where he would give performances twice weekly. He also gave many special galas before the country's tribal chiefs. He used The Light and Heavy Chest during these performances, but instead of playing it for comedy as he had in Paris, here he played it straight. Robert-Houdin once invited the strongest tribesman on stage and asked the Arabian to pick up the wooden chest placed on stage. The Arabian picked it up with no problem. Then Robert-Houdin announced that he was going to sap his strength. He waved his wand and declared, "Contemplez! Maintenant vous êtes plus faible qu'une femme; essayez de soulever la boîte." ("Behold! Now you are weaker than a woman; try to lift the box." ) The Arabian pulled on the handle of the chest, but it would not budge. He tried and tried until he tried to rip it apart. Instead, he screamed in pain, as Robert-Houdin had rigged the box to give the Arabian an electrical shock if he tried to rip the handles off. The Arabian let go of the handle, ran off into the aisle, and ran screaming out of the theatre.

After his performances were done, he gave a special presentation for several chief men of their tribe. He was invited to the home of the head of the tribe of the desert interior, Bou-Allem. In dawn of the Arab desert, Robert-Houdin was challenged to do a special trick. He obliged by inviting one of the rebels to shoot at him with a marked bullet, which he caught between his teeth. He was given a certificate from Bou-Allem, who wore a red robe symbolizing his loyalty to France. With this scroll praising his mysterious manifestations, Robert-Houdin went back to France with the mission accomplished.

[size=14pt]"The blow was struck," Robert-Houdin said, "...henceforth the interpreters and all those who had dealings with the Arabs received orders to make them understand that my pretended miracles were only the result of skill, inspired and guided by an art called prestidigitation, in no way connected with sorcery."[/size] He went on to say, "The Arabs doubtless yielded to these arguments, for henceforth I was on the most friendly terms with them." He was rewarded for his services of the French government by suppressing any possible rebellion.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Eug%C3%A8ne_Robert-Houdin#The_magical_mission
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 02, 2013
Purist:

You really shouldn't have wasted your time joining this thread. You only succeeded in further stinking up the whole joint along with your voodoo-believing brethren.

You all claim voodoo/juju/jazz works, yet, NOT a single one of you can DEMONSTRATE its efficacy without resorting to stories about some baba in your village or some OPC that chested bullets, or demanding that doubters come to your area to see for themselves. You people are beginning to bore me.

@bolded: Yours is a mindset that is sadly prevalent in the entire African continent. When we have the majority who hold the conviction that science is a "mere" trial and error that is used to "hoodwink" blacks, is there any wonder then why Africa is the most backward continent in the whole world? I don't even know how to respond properly to this drivel. I'm vigorously shaking my head for you.
Why are you scared?? someone challenged you guys here https://www.nairaland.com/445085/chalenge-huxleykay-17ogaga4luv-other-atheists#6032335 accept the challenge and lets get this over with
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by wiegraf: 7:40pm On May 02, 2013
musKeeto: lipsrsealed
Just when you think you've read it all...

Anyone trying to verify the accuracy of the adage "reality is stranger than fiction" need not look further than here. You can't make this $hit up. Try.
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by jayriginal: 8:14pm On May 02, 2013
Toluwarni:
No body challenged you there, this is a challenge.. Someone is challenging you, accept the challenge, it's as simple as that.. Nothing more. grin grin

A total waste of time. Im not that idle.

Theres a better way. Go through the thread and read about the Randi Challenge. A million dollars is the stake. We can all learn and enrich ourselves at the same time. Win, Win!
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by coputa(m): 10:32pm On May 02, 2013
You seem to be blinded by the fictional books written by europeans....i have worked with multi-national companies who uses African traditional religion to protect their investment...the whites believes in it and they practice it... science which you claimed to be better than our natural endowment is the whitemans ways of working in harmony with nature.....the reasons why Africa is still lagging behind is because we still look up and listen to the whitemans fairy tales....they came to Africa,brainwashed people like you,destroyed our cultural values.,replaced them with their old version.....i am not suprised,it wil certainly take time for us to find the right part.,
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Purist(m): 12:14am On May 03, 2013
coputa: You seem to be blinded by the fictional books written by europeans....i have worked with multi-national companies who uses African traditional religion to protect their investment...the whites believes in it and they practice it... science which you claimed to be better than our natural endowment is the whitemans ways of working in harmony with nature.....the reasons why Africa is still lagging behind is because we still look up and listen to the whitemans fairy tales....they came to Africa,brainwashed people like you,destroyed our cultural values.,replaced them with their old version.....i am not suprised,it wil certainly take time for us to find the right part.,

wiegraf is right, you can't make this $hit up. You just can't. grin
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by bolaino(m): 8:21am On May 03, 2013
Hmmmmm, I've read lots of arguments here, some, very enlightening, others not so enlightening,

to my freethinking brethren, u guys shouldn't bother about testing any of these "juju", cos no mata what u see, u'll always look for a rational understanding for it, so it would be a waste of your time and money to try to prove something that is actually inconsequential after all is said and done, cos how does someone's body stopping bullets from penetrating it affect my life? It doesn't,

so we should just allow people to believe whatever they want, as long as their belief doesn't endanger the life of another human, it's their fundamental human right, one thing I know for certain, is that the supernatural exists, but I try not to make something big out of it, I just do my thing and live my life,

and I hope that one day my frEethinking brethren would come to acknowledge that fact, believing in the supernatural is not a weakness or a sign of gullibility, so

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by mazaje(m): 8:54am On May 03, 2013
^^

Bullet proof juju must and will be tested. . .

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by bolaino(m): 9:28am On May 03, 2013
mazaje: ^^

it seems you're very serious about this thing.
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by dare2think: 11:01am On May 03, 2013
bolaino:

and I hope that one day my frEethinking brethren would come to acknowledge that fact,

Of course it is everyone's right to believe what they want to believe, but the premise of this debate is summed up in your statement in the above.

Stop saying something is a 'fact' if you cannot prove it.
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by bolaino(m): 1:43pm On May 03, 2013
dare2think:

Of course it is everyone's right to believe what they want to believe, but the premise of this debate is summed up in your statement in the above.

Stop saying something is a 'fact' if you cannot prove it.
lol, I knew someone was gon pick up on the "fact", lol, and it so happened to be you.
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by dare2think: 1:56pm On May 03, 2013
bolaino: lol, I knew someone was gon pick up on the "fact", lol, and it so happened to be you.

If I lie, tell me say I lie now.

You cant be throwing up words like that in this discourse if you cant back it up.

We will all die someday = Fact
The plane has the ability to fly = Fact
NO society is perfect = Fact

These are all provable statements.

Juju exists =Facts..?

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by frank317: 2:06pm On May 03, 2013
coputa: I decide to join this thread,in order to correct some childish and ignorant posts i read.....there are indeed supernatural occurrences in the lives of humans as they (man) were created by the creator and must abide by the rules governing the universe..,your disbelief does not change it....for example,whenever a fire fly perches on me on my way home it means,there is a visitor in my house,or when i wear the back of my shirt on my way out of the house,this also signifies that i must be paid money that day....... science is a mere trial and error which the white scientist put together to hoodwink the blacks. As 80% of scientific postulations were not verify by the blacks,they push their theories down our throat and give them foreign names....they undermine our progress and devlopment... this has also given rise to all forms of exploitations.,...they will come here to buy traditional African deity (gods) take them to the west and use the powers to see into the astra planes and ,bring out physical discoveries for their benefits... It is time for us to harness these natural gifts.

i took my time read every post on this thread, and this got laughing till i almost fainted.

guy no vex, but pls i think you are the most foooooolish person on this post. ook, i didnt mean to insult you but... fire fly? lol
pls i am not sure you even know what a fire fly is. what has fire fly got to do with ur visitors. ha, nothing way person no go see for nairaland. wear ur cloth backward? and u must be paid money by whom? for what? what has wearing ur cloth backward got to do with the fact that u are paid for a work u did? guy pls this is a public forum, u must display ur ignorance anyhow.
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Nobody: 2:08pm On May 03, 2013
Oga Franky, I see you...

@bolaino: have you watched the masked magician videos? They're on youtube...

smiley
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by bolaino(m): 2:12pm On May 03, 2013
dare2think:

If I lie, tell me say I lie now.

You cant be throwing up words like that in this discourse if you cant back it up.

We will all die someday = Fact
The plane has the ability to fly = Fact
NO society is perfect = Fact

These are all provable statements.

Juju exists =Facts..?
lol, well juju existing is not really a fact though.

I believe it exists though, but I take that "fact" back,
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by frank317: 2:14pm On May 03, 2013
musKeeto: Oga Franky, I see you...

smiley

guy i deooooo... i cant help but shake my head, this nairaland no fit kill me
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by bolaino(m): 4:18pm On May 03, 2013
musKeeto: Oga Franky, I see you...

smiley
yes I have, and they are pretty impressive,
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by coputa(m): 4:30pm On May 03, 2013
The fire fly and clothes examples i gave are supernatural occurrences among others...every individual has different ways they are affected by supernatural occurrences in their lives..its now left for you to observe these things repeatedly and the attendant effects...some are warning signs while others are for approval...these are forces that man cannot comprehend,..science has no bearing close to it..you just told the whole world that you have a dormant brain....please think deeply and be free from bondage..
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by frank317: 4:50pm On May 03, 2013
coputa: The fire fly and clothes examples i gave are supernatural occurrences among others...every individual has different ways they are affected by supernatural occurrences in their lives..its now left for you to observe these things repeatedly and the attendant effects...some are warning signs while others are for approval...these are forces that man cannot comprehend,..science has no bearing close to it..you just told the whole world that you have a dormant brain....please think deeply and be free from bondage..

guy have u ever heard of self 'fulfilled prophesy'? it is a psychological term that explain how form strong impressions about things that happens on daily basis in our life. now let me explain.

when u are told that Mary is a prostittite(u are just seeing Mary for the first time and u are told this before u even speak to her), that initial information guides ur perception Mary, this is an involuntary psychological response to what u heard (the unconscious prophesy u have of Mary is that she is a prostitutte and when u speak with her she must act like one). now if u happen to speak to Mary, and she say i like clubbing. what happens? u will conclude that ur prophesy has been fulfilled. now Mary might give u genuine reason for her love for clubbing or u might even know nice girls that club, as long as u are concerned:
u believed(prophesied) may was a prosstitute
Mary likes clubbing
prosstitutes are found in clubs at night
that means ur belief (prophesy) about mare is true (has come to pass)

how do i relate this to ur firefly or cloth wearing syndrome.
as a kid u were told about fire flies and the cloth thing (not only u, a lot of us were told the same thing growing up)
it becomes ur belief (prophesy)
it actually happens(belief comes to pass) in one or two or even three occasions
u conclude and from a strong impression. do u notice that it does not matter that at times when u wear ur cloth backward, u get no money? u might even not remember because ur impression on ur belief is very strong.
come out of ur illusions man.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by coputa(m): 5:31pm On May 03, 2013
You got it wrong,..i am not talking about pre conceived belief system...its about supernatural experiences with things arround you..this is not about what you were told when you were young...its about personal encounter with divine forces..,as i said earlier,open your eyes and your brain and take record of your life...i bet you...a particular pattern will be revealed......
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by frank317: 6:16pm On May 03, 2013
coputa: You got it wrong,..i am not talking about pre conceived belief system...its about supernatural experiences with things arround you..this is not about what you were told when you were young...its about personal encounter with divine forces..,as i said earlier,open your eyes and your brain and take record of your life...i bet you...a particular pattern will be revealed......

a pattern dose not mean anything is supernatural
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Niflheim(m): 6:48pm On May 03, 2013
@Purist,thanks for the info on Houdin!!!It was very funny and at the same time very enlightening,to see how he deceived the gullible North Africans!!!

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:14am On May 04, 2013
mazaje: ^^

Im fully prepared for that. I got my bullet proof skin dude with me here. Just make sure you stand firm to your own words.

And hope you go forward me and my bullet proof skin guy to randi? I won get million for my account.

Well from my side, no failure coming. I stand on my word as promised
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by bolaino(m): 10:00am On May 04, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Im fully prepared for that. I got my bullet proof skin dude with me here. Just make sure you stand firm to your own words.

And hope you go forward me and my bullet proof skin guy to randi? I won get million for my account.

Well from my side, no failure coming. I stand on my word as promised
I wish u guys luck.
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by ijawkid(m): 1:00pm On May 04, 2013
bolaino: I wish u guys luck.

But folykaze na atheist abi??.....
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Lincolnburrows(m): 2:26pm On May 04, 2013
I thought that okija-juju and pagan4life were atheists. I didn't see their input in this thread. Anyway I don't have anything to prove to the likes of purists and mazaje.. I know what the Bible says about atheists. It amazes me that they think they are smarter than the likes of bill gates who believe in God.
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by bolaino(m): 2:46pm On May 04, 2013
Lincoln burrows: I thought that okija-juju and pagan4life were atheists. I didn't see their input in this thread. Anyway I don't have anything to prove to the likes of purists and mazaje.. I know what the Bible says about atheists. It amazes me that they think they are smarter than the likes of bill gates who believe in God.
who told u biLl gates is smart?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

Pastor Sam Adeyemi's Daughter Sophie Bags Masters Degree In Law At Atlanta. Pics / Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Declares SPIRITUAL WAR Against Marine Kingdom / Kumuyi Dedicates Bayelsa State New Governor's Office (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.