Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,434 members, 7,836,739 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election (11804 Views)

Whoever Said GEJ Was Clueless? Tambuwal To/May Be Impeached Tomorrow / APC: Pressure Mounts On Tambuwal To Quit Presidential Race / Meaning Of "Status Quo": Court Ruling On Tambuwal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by omomame: 12:25pm On Apr 28, 2013
teskyg: Why must Northern presidential candidate always come from Hausa- Fulani muslim extraction?So we don't have a competent candidate from the middle belt aned a christian to compete as well.We will have to draw the line in the North.We in the middle belt have our eyes wide open and won't support any attempt to mislead us into this 19 Northern states alliance anymore.We know who to support when the time comes.

Its not all about tribalism or religion bro.... Its all about competency and a good patriot who can serve with the high interest of the masses
Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by Nobody: 12:25pm On Apr 28, 2013
lacasa: Tambuwal can pass for Nigeria, i'm oк with this arrangement if it is eventually agreed upon
agreed upon what?
Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by gerald09(m): 12:26pm On Apr 28, 2013
teskyg: Why must Northern presidential candidate always come from Hausa- Fulani muslim extraction?So we don't have a competent candidate from the middle belt aned a christian to compete as well.We will have to draw the line in the North.We in the middle belt have our eyes wide open and won't support any attempt to mislead us into this 19 Northern states alliance anymore.We know who to support when the time comes.
God bless u for this comment. I really don't understand why for the whole 6 geographical zone Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ have in Nigeria the hausa-fulani are still seen as the best people to rule Nigeria. Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ shuld be careful oh they will take us back 20yrs. I believe Nigeria have so many people from sw, ss, sw, Nc, that can rule us. If PDP or APC put another Hausa-Fulani for candidate they shuld jt be ready to lose the election.

3 Likes

Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by Nobody: 12:27pm On Apr 28, 2013
omo mame:

Its not all about tribalism or religion bro.... Its all about competency and a good patriot who can serve with the high interest of the masses
do you think tambuwal can make the difference? Is there any nairalander from his constituency to tell the house about his achievements for far.

1 Like

Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by guruobinna: 12:27pm On Apr 28, 2013
tambuwal dat dumb state creatn al because it didn't favor d core north

3 Likes

Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by taharqa: 12:29pm On Apr 28, 2013
lacasa: Tambuwal can pass for Nigeria, i'm oк with this arrangement if it is eventually agreed upon

Any NORTHERN MUSLIM, even if he is the Devil himself, is ok by you now as long as he removes hated GEJ from office. We fully understand. No surprises there.

All your constant rambling about PDP this, PDP that, is just that: Rambling. Rambling from a BIGOTED mind who only belief a NORTHERN MUSLIM is ONLY good as Nigeria's President. It is just a quest for POWER, just as some of those HYPOCRITES from una APC who would not mind to welcome a Presidential Candidate from PDP, the same party that they tell us is the problem of Nigeria!!!

Who is FOOOLING who.

7 Likes

Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by omomame: 12:30pm On Apr 28, 2013
Afam4eva:
[size=14pt]I was also wondering why they didn't consider Senator David Mark who is even closer to Aso Rock by the virtue of the fact that he currently wields a more powerful office. It seems the core North does not regard the middle-belt.[/size]

Does closer to Aso rock or holding a powerful office signify competency
Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by taharqa: 12:31pm On Apr 28, 2013
omo mame:

Plz, SHUT your mouth. Spare us some of those jargons who guys use to deceive yourself. Abeg

1 Like

Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by Noblechyk: 12:38pm On Apr 28, 2013
I quote Junaid Mohammed, "we have seen how Gej has performed or under-performed & we have seen how Tambuwal performed." so Tambuwal only performed & couldnot have underperformed? Hipocrisy!

2 Likes

Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by Nobody: 12:43pm On Apr 28, 2013
when will Tambuwal stand on the podium and tell Nigerians in a live press conference how he will be better than the current occupant of Aso Rock?

Are we in for another arangee election?

1 Like

Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by laoluakeeb: 12:57pm On Apr 28, 2013
@Billyonaire, If someone really understood politics, shopping for a candidate with good record is just part of electoral process, and doing so from the papa deceive pikin party can't be totally overruled. Pdp is just a party with mostly corrupt members, with full disrespect for the rule of law, and at worst, not having a sincerely-determined blueprint for Nigeria. In a clear-cut statement, and not to be wrongly misunderstood, pdp has few well meaning members. Among is Tanbuwal, and I seek a minute silence for Late Funso Williams among others. So sincerely, our desired growth is not about which party, but the known credibility of individual. Let me tell you today that if pdp has good/right candidate, many forces will align.
Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by Noblechyk: 1:06pm On Apr 28, 2013
omo mame:

And who could that be? Tambuwal? He could be good but not a better potion. If u can leave sentiment out of this, u'll agree with me that what made Tambuwal popurlar was d rift between d House of Rep & d presidency mainly of which were selfish on path of d House. E.g Presindency after Lawan. D question is, did Lawan take bribe? U have d answer. Secondly. Presidency should sack Arunah Oteh. D question is, Is Aruna Oteh competent or not? U hav d answer. Thirdly, bugdet should b on 80 dollar per barrel so to facilitate consticuency capital projects. D question is, what happened to abandoned constituency projects? I guess u hav d answer. Personally, I want a vibrant opposition not cos I want PDP to go but for them to sit up & give Nigerians what they truly deserve. APC is no better alternative.

4 Likes

Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by kennydee05(m): 1:20pm On Apr 28, 2013
Scarpon: I will not vote for anybody above 40
Has .̸Ɣõú.̸Ϟ.̸-̶̶.-̶̶. Voted for Damage Bankole (Former Speaker) who later went on Τ̅☺ disgrace .̸Ɣõú.̸Ϟ.̸-̶̶.-̶̶.
Faroul Lawal was voted Τ̅☺ Τ̲̅ђέ House of rep before he clock 40 and he went on Τ̅☺ involve in bribery....
Age is not a consideration in politics rather capability
Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by Yomsol: 1:38pm On Apr 28, 2013
The choice of Hon Aminu Tambuwal won't be a bad idea as a presidential candidate, provided the APC fields him, and not PDP. I might give a change of nationality serious thought if a PDP candidate wins 2015 presidential election in Nigeria. The party is full of vampires and individuals who don't want progress for the country. We have quite a handful of them who have been in government plundering our collective wealth since I was in primary school. GEJ might have good, sincere and genuine intentions before being voted in as the president but because of these political jobbers who have constituted themselves into a nuisance and political liability to our great country and also a clug in the wheel of our national development, he suddenly turned to a "go slow " and "weak" sycophant leader.[img][/img]
Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by funnyx(m): 1:50pm On Apr 28, 2013
mikeansy: I think we need to get out of the habit of pressuring people who dont want to run to contest election

this has been the bain to our current democratic experiment

OBJ was in Jail and had no plans to run and he was plucked from no where
Yar'adua was planning to go back to classroom after Katsina Governorship and we drafted him from No where
Jonathan was not talking about Federal Politics when he was made VP and dumped on the Nation

All of these leaders were clearly not prepared for leadership because they were not thinking about it.

If Tambuwal wants to run let him come out and say so and also tell us his policies!!!! This madness about pressuring people to run for office they are not wishing for is killing our democracy

If Tambuwal wants to run let him grant a press conference and tell Nigerians how he will be better than Jonathan!!!!!

Very sensible comment
Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by Toktee(m): 1:57pm On Apr 28, 2013
gen2briz:

PLs ignore my post and post yours
You need a brain transplant,or maybe you escape from psycheatric home.
Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by musiwa24: 2:01pm On Apr 28, 2013
mi o mo re, he does not stand any chance of winning.. satellite picture.

1 Like

Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by igala1(m): 2:38pm On Apr 28, 2013
U said GEJ would take SS,SE and MB. Have u calculated the votes he may need NE,NW and SW? He would have to perform to convince me.
Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by miqos02(m): 3:23pm On Apr 28, 2013
guruobinna: tambuwal dat dumb state creatn al because it didn't favor d core north
state creation is not what nigeria needs at the moment
Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by prost80(m): 3:28pm On Apr 28, 2013
So who is Tambuwal? What has he achieved? Let him go and run a state and show his performance credentials. What we need are people that perform. I don't know why they can settle on the best man for the job. Fashola seems to have performed a great deal and will be an ideal candidate to vie for the Presidency in 2015

2 Likes

Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by miqos02(m): 3:28pm On Apr 28, 2013
Noblechyk:
And who could that be? Tambuwal? He could be good but not a better potion. If u can leave sentiment out of this, u'll agree with me that what made Tambuwal popurlar was d rift between d House of Rep & d presidency mainly of which were selfish on path of d House. E.g Presindency after Lawan. D question is, did Lawan take bribe? U have d answer. Secondly. Presidency should sack Arunah Oteh. D question is, Is Aruna Oteh competent or not? U hav d answer. Thirdly, bugdet should b on 80 dollar per barrel so to facilitate consticuency capital projects. D question is, what happened to abandoned constituency projects? I guess u hav d answer. Personally, I want a vibrant opposition not cos I want PDP to go but for them to sit up & give Nigerians what they truly deserve. APC is no better alternative.
u are wrong sir, what made him popular was the process that led to his election as speaker, against the wishes of pdp,obj and jonathan. Remember mulikat akande was favoured for the position
Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by PapaBrowne(m): 3:32pm On Apr 28, 2013
[size=14pt]ONE SERIOUS QUESTION:[/size]

Why does the opposition always go over to PDP to pick a Presidential Candidate? Is there a lack of capable hands in the opposition? The continous act actually betrays the constant speech that PDP is the problem of Nigeria.

In 2003... the AD choose to abstain from the elections in order to support a PDP candidate.
In 2007... the AD transformed to AC and welcomed the PDP vice President, Atiku as its Presidential candidate.
In 2011... the AC transformed to ACN and borrowed Ribadu who served PDP's attack dog up until 2009.
In 2015... the ACN has become APC and is again looking for candidates from the fold of the PDP.

Is there a lack of nationally acceptable capable hands in the Opposition? Is this an admission by the opposition that the PDP is the only national party in the country? I feel the opposition keeps shooting its feet with this one.

The best way to win an election of this type is to create a messianic figure out of an unknown personality and bring him to the fore way before the elections. Why the opposition cant think outside the PDP I dont get it.

7 Likes

Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 28, 2013
PapaBrowne: [size=14pt]ONE SERIOUS QUESTION:[/size]

Why does the opposition always go over to PDP to pick a Presidential Candidate? Is there a lack of capable hands in the opposition? The continous act actually betrays the constant speech that PDP is the problem of Nigeria.

In 2003... the AD choose to abstain from the elections in order to support a PDP candidate.
In 2007... the AD transformed to AC and welcomed the PDP vice President, Atiku as its Presidential candidate.
In 2011... the AC transformed to ACN and borrowed Ribadu who served PDP's attack dog up until 2009.
In 2015... the ACN has become APC and is again looking for candidates from the fold of the PDP.

Is there a lack of nationally acceptable capable hands in the Opposition? Is this an admission by the opposition that the PDP is the only national party in the country? I feel the opposition keeps shooting its feet with this one.

The best way to win an election of this type is to create a messianic figure out of an unknown personality and bring him to the fore way before the elections. Why the opposition cant think outside the PDP I dont get it.

on point!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by meforyou1(m): 3:39pm On Apr 28, 2013
Is it not the same tambuwal that condemned the christain counter attack of muslims in kaduna, but failed to condemn the twin terrorist attacks on 2 churches in kaduna and zaria that led to the action? Mallams are all the same boko sponsors or sympathisers

1 Like

Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by Afam4eva(m): 3:40pm On Apr 28, 2013
PapaBrowne: [size=14pt]ONE SERIOUS QUESTION:[/size]

[size=14pt]GBAM
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by Tracetruth: 3:59pm On Apr 28, 2013
Hope am not getting it wrong, I thought the aim of the merging parties is to dislodge pdp, how is it that they now seek help from the party they dream to defeat. It's clear that, their intention is to create trouble in pdp.
Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by idriis: 5:04pm On Apr 28, 2013
victorD3: TB Joshua should please predict who will contest or win now o not coming after 2015 election to claim he predicted GEJ will massively win.
lool! So... Guy na your own contribution be dis abi?

No worry TBJ dey hear you!
Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by bethnals: 5:42pm On Apr 28, 2013
Man phuck pdp. We need a change.

If tambuwal runs under pdp I aint backing.
Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by 1MCN: 5:50pm On Apr 28, 2013
In my wild thoughts, it does appear that the north is embarassingly lacking very strong and credible and saleable candidates. If Tambuwal is selected for presidency against GEJ then forget it. It'll be a smooth cruise for GEJ.
Have they forgotten that under Tambuwal the House of Reps has been wading in and out of controversies of colossal magnitude? The Arunma Otteh saga, the Farouk Lawan disgrace, their refusal to swear in the guy from Anambra state, etc.
By the time electioneering begins in essence you'd understand the true interpretations of these and many more.
But then, what is this northern obsession for power? They have been there for over 38years and yet they are maniac about it.
I think David Mark would be a stronger force against GEJ than Tambuwal, but can core north muslim allow a (middle belt) north central christian, even when they have immorally encumbered them into their number just for the sake of the numbers? Am not also seeing Mark, a more level-headed courageous, intelligent gentleman running against his (family) friend GEJ. And that's why nobody will make the attempt of inviting him.
Finally, is it true that the APC is shopping for a helmsman from the 'corrupt' PDP? What new then will that bring if not new jobbers and new godfathers? And, what waters will they use to cleanse him of the crimson corruption he must carry from the PDP they have demonized? If APC fields any candidate from their recycle bin or from the party in power which they have corrosively criticized then Nigerians should damn them and their rebuilding Nig campaign.
God Bless Nigeria and Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by maclatunji: 6:06pm On Apr 28, 2013
Hehehe, can you smell what the APC is cooking? I would like to see a debate between GEJ and Tambuwal.
Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by maclatunji: 6:12pm On Apr 28, 2013
1MCN: In my wild thoughts, it does appear that the north is embarassingly lacking very strong and credible and saleable candidates. If Tambuwal is selected for presidency against GEJ then forget it. It'll be a smooth cruise for GEJ.
Have they forgotten that under Tambuwal the House of Reps has been wading in and out of controversies of colossal magnitude? The Arunma Otteh saga, the Farouk Lawan disgrace, their refusal to swear in the guy from Anambra state, etc.
By the time electioneering begins in essence you'd understand the true interpretations of these and many more.
But then, what is this northern obsession for power? They have been there for over 38years and yet they are maniac about it.
I think David Mark would be a stronger force against GEJ than Tambuwal, but can core north muslim allow a (middle belt) north central christian, even when they have immorally encumbered them into their number just for the sake of the numbers? Am not also seeing Mark, a more level-headed courageous, intelligent gentleman running against his (family) friend GEJ. And that's why nobody will make the attempt of inviting him.
Finally, is it true that the APC is shopping for a helmsman from the 'corrupt' PDP? What new then will that bring if not new jobbers and new godfathers? And, what waters will they use to cleanse him of the crimson corruption he must carry from the PDP they have demonized? If APC fields any candidate from their recycle bin or from the party in power which they have corrosively criticized then Nigerians should damn them and their rebuilding Nig campaign.
God Bless Nigeria and Nigerians

The 'corrupt' PDP voted against Tambuwal in the election for the post of Speaker of the House of Representatives. It is only a matter of time before the PDP schemes against him again. He will have little choice than to leave to maintain relevance and dignity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jubilation As Ugwuanyi Flags Off Abakpa Nike-emene Link Road / Judge Requests COVID-19 Test From Protesters Before They Can Be Bailed In Lagos / Lagos Government Warns On Ocean Surge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.