Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,310 members, 7,811,918 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

I Dont Thm - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Dont Thm (1536 Views)

I Dont Think Their Is .......GOD / I Dont think u have ever think about This, Have You ?? / "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Dont Thm by zilon12(m): 1:22pm On Apr 28, 2013
I've come
Re: I Dont Thm by sigmond: 1:39pm On Apr 28, 2013
there is G-d and it's the old testament
Re: I Dont Thm by benodic: 3:34pm On Apr 28, 2013
and so? who cares?
Re: I Dont Thm by Lovethywilbedon: 4:20pm On Apr 28, 2013
zilon12: I've come to terms with the fact that God doesnt exist. All that happens in life is just physical and there is always somebody human behind it.

Most christian keep using God to achieve their personal desires because in Africa, majority still believe in God

I want to stop pretending
As you can see brother Zilon12, in nairaland, EVERYBODY is FREE to THINK WHATEVER HE/SHE LIKES, but in reality, NOBODY is FREE to FORCE me to take WHATEVER HE THINKS as TRUTH. You said that "All that happens in life is just physical" and "there is always somebody human behind it." So you want me to belive that this statement is correct? okay, let me ask you 2 question which I just hope you will answer, What is physical about "The Dark Matter" and how is someone "human" behind its existence, or behind the ROTATION OF THE EARTH?
Re: I Dont Thm by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 28, 2013
awe...poor thing. sad
you gotta be stronger than that.
Re: I Dont Thm by zilon12(m): 6:47pm On Apr 28, 2013
Lovethywilbedon: As you can see brother Zilon12, in nairaland, EVERYBODY is FREE to THINK WHATEVER HE/SHE LIKES, but in reality, NOBODY is FREE to FORCE me to take WHATEVER HE THINKS as TRUTH. You said that "All that happens in life is just physical" and "there is always somebody human behind it." So you want me to belive that this statement is correct? okay, let me ask you 2 question which I just hope you will answer, What is physical about "The Dark Matter" and how is someone "human" behind its existence, or behind the ROTATION OF THE EARTH?
@ least because of science, you now know a little about dark matter and rotation of the earth

I wonder if the bible would have ever revealed that to you
Re: I Dont Thm by zilon12(m): 6:50pm On Apr 28, 2013
benodic:
and so? who cares?

I always expect dumb behaviour from Christians
Re: I Dont Thm by Nobody: 6:54pm On Apr 28, 2013
zilon12:

[size=20pt]To whom brain is given...common sense is expected![/size]
Re: I Dont Thm by zilon12(m): 6:59pm On Apr 28, 2013
striktlymi:

[size=20pt]To whom brain is given...common sense is expected![/size]

Seems my comment affected you, accept my sincere apology
Re: I Dont Thm by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 28, 2013
zilon12:

...I guessed right...you do have common sense smiley

Generalization can be a b*tch...

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: I Dont Thm by ooman(m): 7:14pm On Apr 28, 2013
You dont need to think it, its a fact - There is no god or spirits, they cant exist.
Re: I Dont Thm by wiegraf: 7:14pm On Apr 28, 2013
zilon12:

No, the vast majority are indeed incredulously foolish when it comes to dogs, that's a fact. Just tell them the truth, it won't change much. They'll hang on to their delusions regardless.

Striktly....vex

C'mon, you can do it. vex! vex!! vex!!!
Re: I Dont Thm by Nobody: 7:17pm On Apr 28, 2013
Good evening zilon,

Now that we have gotten the small ish out of the way, let's get down to business...

zilon12: I've come to terms with the fact that God doesn't exist.

I respect this opinion of yours...sincerely I do! It's not very pretty to pretend...it's cool to think that there is no God but my ish with the comment is: How do you know?

zilon12:
All that happens in life is just physical and there is always somebody human behind it.

Hmmmm...everything that happens is physical? I love the Sciences for so many reasons...it affords us the opportunity of knowing how stuff works in the physical world...it really leaves one yearning for more but zilon are you sure that everything in life is physical? If you are...I will really appreciate it of you would let me in on the reason why you hold this view.

zilon12:
Most christian keep using God to achieve their personal desires because in Africa, majority still believe in God

Apart from the bold, the rest is sadly true...some individuals see Christianity as a means of getting quick, cool and assured cash...some even run it as a ponzi scheme but is this enough reason to hold the rather extreme view that there is no God?

zilon12:
I want to stop pretending

The above is cool...you should not pretend for whatever reason.

1 Like

Re: I Dont Thm by ooman(m): 7:19pm On Apr 28, 2013
^^^ another beggar of soul for a dead god.
Re: I Dont Thm by Nobody: 7:22pm On Apr 28, 2013
wiegraf:

No, the vast majority are indeed incredulously foolish when it comes to dogs, that's a fact. Just tell them the truth, it won't change much. They'll hang on to their delusions regardless.

The above is empty!

wiegraf:
Striktly....vex

C'mon, you can do it. vex! vex!! vex!!!

grin grin grin

Why would I be upset by the truth? As regards me, I say zilon is right in his comment but I know a number of Christians who do not match that description...I made my comment for their sake.
Re: I Dont Thm by Lovethywilbedon: 7:22pm On Apr 28, 2013
zilon12:
@ least because of science, you now know a little about dark matter and rotation of the earth

I wonder if the bible would have ever revealed that to you
so this is how you cowardly avoided answering the simple question, atleast you should have HONOUREBLY said that you dont know. So you have known now that "all that happens in life are not physical and humans are not behind everything". okay I will ask you another question, I hope this time you will become man enough and answer the simple question. Now those things that happen which no human is behind, eg THE ROTATION OF THE EARTH, WHO IS BEHIND THEM? PLEASE be man enough.
Re: I Dont Thm by Nobody: 7:23pm On Apr 28, 2013
zilon12:

grin grin

omg.
Re: I Dont Thm by ooman(m): 7:26pm On Apr 28, 2013
Lovethywilbedon: so this is how you cowardly avoided answering the simple question, atleast you should have HONOUREBLY said that you dont know. So you have known now that "all that happens in life are not physical and humans are not behind everything". okay I will ask you another question, I hope this time you will become man enough and answer the simple question. Now those things that happen which no human is behind, eg THE ROTATION OF THE EARTH, WHO IS BEHIND THEM? PLEASE be man enough.

everyone knows you are up against a strawman here.

no one, not even god is behind the rotation.
Re: I Dont Thm by Heatblast(m): 8:05pm On Apr 28, 2013
Lovethywilbedon: so this is how you cowardly avoided answering the simple question, atleast you should have HONOUREBLY said that you dont know. So you have known now that "all that happens in life are not physical and humans are not behind everything". okay I will ask you another question, I hope this time you will become man enough and answer the simple question. Now those things that happen which no human is behind, eg THE ROTATION OF THE EARTH, WHO IS BEHIND THEM? PLEASE be man enough.

You might as well ask who is behind a speeding bullet :-/

1 Like

Re: I Dont Thm by zilon12(m): 9:57pm On Apr 28, 2013

I really dont know who is behind them but do you?

Maybe we can stop assuming that a mysterious God is behind them and forge ahead with useful research to find out, maybe in time we can know how to control some of these things

But in Africa, Nigeria precisely, pastors prefer to use such notions to threaten their members in a bid to enrich themselves, it pitiful

1 Like

Re: I Dont Thm by kambo(m): 1:06am On Apr 29, 2013
@Heatblast the speeding bullet question. Depends on how u look at it. 1.) who set the bullet in motion? Chance? Or a gunman? Ans: a gunman 2.) wat kept d bullet on course. Ans: physical laws (gravity). So who's responsible for d bullet? Depends on how u look at it. But one thing is certain, the physical laws didnt put a bullet in a gun, cock it, aim it and pull d trigger (and at d end kill a game roast and cook it for d hunter). Som1 exercised his will to set dat bullet in motion. Underscoring wat the OP said everythg is caused by man , in way, every phenomena is a resultant. If we ar so logical abt a bullet and a gun , Y is it dat u take leave of ur senses in applying d same reasoning to d existence of a more intricate object (planet earth). Which is hurtling thru space and adheres to physical laws too? Who fired d speeding bullet? Who set earth in motion? . Jesus used physical things to explain Spiritual truths. The worlds ar similar and d same principles apply. If u heard a gunshot and spied a dead game, though u never saw d hunter u'd believe he's near (or in d vicinity barring use of any other advanced technology). Well, God is near and He's watching over this world.
Re: I Dont Thm by Jadeice: 1:14am On Apr 29, 2013
Broad u r on ur own.... grin am a Muslim by d way I Dunn give a rats ass wat u think it's ur " fate" or funeral.... Now stop trying to get ppls attention n go do smthng useful wif ur life afterol it's a free world believe In whatever u want undecided no one efffng cares.... Grow up stop whining its not becoming grin peace man one love
Re: I Dont Thm by kambo(m): 1:19am On Apr 29, 2013
paranoid forum. I said c.ock it. Not rooster it!
Re: I Dont Thm by Mudley313: 2:18am On Apr 29, 2013
Heatblast:

You might as well ask who is behind a speeding bullet :-/

more appropiately, who is behind your god we all know ancient illiterate nomadic jewish goat herders created yahweh; barbaric middle easterners created allah; the greeks created zeus; the vikings created troy; yorubas created olodumare etc

like the quote above, the jewish n arabian god was sexist, homphobi, intolerant, violent, and misogynistic just like the ancient savages who created them; he forbade eating of pork which he himself supposedly created, just becos the people who created him/her/it never had a hygienic means of preparing pork without incurring some worm disease etc

so remember...

...and

1 Like

Re: I Dont Thm by Nobody: 6:39am On Apr 29, 2013
grin grin grin
Re: I Dont Thm by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 29, 2013
butthurt everywhere...
Re: I Dont Thm by Heatblast(m): 11:53am On Apr 29, 2013
If we ar so logical abt a bullet and a gun , Y is it dat u take leave of ur senses in applying d same reasoning to d existence of a more intricate object (planet earth). Which is hurtling thru space and adheres to physical laws too? Who fired d speeding bullet? Who set earth in motion?.Jesus used physical things to explain Spiritual truths.

Physical laws like thermodynamics(death of a star) and gravity are the main causes of the earth's formation.

The religions only seem to have a case when it comes to the origin of the universe.
But their answer "god did it" is as baseless as all other hypothesis
Re: I Dont Thm by benodic: 3:39pm On Apr 29, 2013
@ zilon12(m):

benodic:
and so? who cares?

sorry to disappoint you. i am not a christian. and i still repeat what i said earlier. who cares? i said it because i know that knowing God is a personal thing and strictly between you and God. so really i don't care if God is dead to you, that is your own personal conviction and have no effect on me whatever. so i wonder why it seems a dumb behaviour to you and i still don't care anyway.
Re: I Dont Thm by zilon12(m): 3:59pm On Apr 29, 2013
benodic:
@ zilon12(m):

sorry to disappoint you. i am not a christian. and i still repeat what i said earlier. who cares? i said it because i know that knowing God is a personal thing and strictly between you and God. so really i don't care if God is dead to you, that is your own personal conviction and have no effect on me whatever. so i wonder why it seems a dumb behaviour to you and i still don't care anyway.

You could simply just ignore the post, that's the best way to show you dont care

1 Like

Re: I Dont Thm by kambo(m): 10:46pm On Apr 29, 2013
physical laws came into existence to Maintain the planetary bodies not to originate them. The answer to d origin of d universe is also d answer to d origin of physical laws keepg it in motion. Religion (christianity) aint science and shdnt meddle with un necessary physical details thts y u hav science. If d bible contained excessive information it wouldnt b portable. Tht's y it plainly states that God created the heavens and the earth- not How he did it . Leavg d reader to believe or reject that claim.

(1) (Reply)

Pillars Of Christianity / True Christians Is September Truly The End Of The World (rapture) / Jw.org Hacked By A Nigerian "Apostate"? Watchtower Sends Warning 2 Nigerian Jw's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.