Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,534 members, 7,816,304 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

My Wife And Facebook - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife And Facebook (3414 Views)

3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying / Man Who Abandoned His Wife And Twins Speaks Out / Could My Wife Be Cheating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife And Facebook by Bofemsky(f): 9:46am On Apr 29, 2013
abbk000:

Create a fake facebook page and add her as your friend, that way you can see what she's up to.
You should have allowed her to open the facebook account when she asked you and even opened it for her. That way you will have her password and there will be nothing to hide.
Like she can't change the password or what! I've already applauded what you first said about adding her as a friend with a different name, you come go spoil am with your mumu talk!

1 Like

Re: My Wife And Facebook by Bofemsky(f): 9:52am On Apr 29, 2013
delinb:
Create a fake facebook page and add her as your friend, that way you can see what she's up to.
You should have allowed her and even opened it for her. That way you will have her password and there will be nothing to hide.

Initially I wanted to but after having second thought I decided against it. Men facebook is not that safe for married couple.
why is it not safe, can you please enlighten me? This is a social network where you interact with old friends and make new ones. I am married, on facebook with my spouse and it hasn't change anything in our marriage; or am I missing something here!

1 Like

Re: My Wife And Facebook by Bofemsky(f): 9:55am On Apr 29, 2013
ibizgirl: I really don't understand, how is facebook bad for marriage? Why won't you allow your wife have a facebook account or do you have anything to hide.
My dear you are newly married and @ this stage the level of trust in your marriage should be @ its highest. Simply tell her you've noticed she is on facebook and ask her the password of her account. I know all my husband's passwords - Yahoo, hotmail, facebook and what have you and he knows mine.
Start your marriage on the right note.
A woman after my heart!

1 Like

Re: My Wife And Facebook by Bofemsky(f): 10:07am On Apr 29, 2013
Baba Oyo: All ye women saying his hand is not clean and all....i laugh in Oyo@ you all...add Ijebu laugh join am sef.
What i see is a wife disobeying her husband. Ahaa....master- slave relationship abi.....hell NO.
If she didn't ask him in the first place, goes to find someone to open it for her, then we can blow whistles of master and slave here.
What happened to convincing him to allow her open it ?
You see, ladies, when little stuff like this go on in marriages, it accumulates into bigger issues.
I for one will never take kindly to my wife going ahead to do something i had refused her behind my back.....she could do well to persuade me to allow her, not going behind, not so cool at all.
@Op.....tell her you know she opened an account and she should give you the password. No be by force o, talk amicably with madam abeg.
The Op only told us he refused her request to open a facebook account, but she went ahead to do it, he didn't tell us she tried to persuade him but I think she would have.
Re: My Wife And Facebook by ibizgirl(f): 12:49pm On Apr 29, 2013
There are so many things that can cause distractions - home video, mexicican soaps and other good television programs, friends, family, children (yes children can make a woman take her focus of her husband) in all moderation is the key not abstience.
Re: My Wife And Facebook by biolabee(m): 1:08pm On Apr 29, 2013
^^ good post
Moderation is key especially nowadays with bb

Damn some people just enter their space and neglect the world around them
Re: My Wife And Facebook by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 29, 2013
What kind of story is dis one, abeg?
Didn't she have a facebook account before you got married?
Why now?
Re: My Wife And Facebook by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 29, 2013
What kind of unreasonable jealousy or possesiveness is that,there should be freedom in marriage,abi does it mean because she is married to you she cannot have a facebook page.however,if you dont have a facebook page and you dont want her to have,thats fair enough but if you have a facebook page,you dont have the moral justification to tell her not to.number 3,your excuse is that facebook ruins relationships,you are just using that as a pretext for reasons why she shouldnt have a fb account because as far as i am concerned if you have a facebook account and you chat or jist with members of the opposit sex,why are you afraid of her doing the same?which means you are afraid that what you do to other ladies might be done to your wife.it just amazes me why you men are like this.this reminds me of one of the numerous reasons i dumped my ex ass,he is sooooo possesive,doesnt want me to talk to anything that has a penis and the height of it was that he told me that after he marries me fully,i will have to permanently close my fb and nairaland id when i know he himself uses fb and he said he might not close his.i mean what d' fvck! Mshewwww
Re: My Wife And Facebook by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 29, 2013
alutacontinua: What kind of story is dis one, abeg?
Didn't she have a facebook account before you got married?
Why now?
o sumi o.this is just one of the reasons i get tired of men's excesses
Re: My Wife And Facebook by debwealth: 2:08pm On Apr 29, 2013
Like seriously! How is FB bad for marriages, guess u have to check urself first aside who on earth is not on FB now sef even meat sellers av an account.
Guess u av ur best of game played on FB and u are afraid ur wife will fall prey.
Bros! Pls check urself
Re: My Wife And Facebook by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 29, 2013
ibizgirl: There are so many things that can cause distractions - home video, mexicican soaps and other good television programs, friends, family, children (yes children can make a woman take her focus of her husband) in all moderation is the key not abstience.
yeah thats true,i remember years back when i still used to live with my parents,mummy will come back from work like 7pm,daddy gets home earlier because his place of work is not far from home and so when mummy gets home,everybody knows shes at home because she is a very lively woman and likes jist a lot.anyway once she comes back,she will just drop her bag in the sitting room,greet my dad and go straight to the kitchen.(the unwritten rule in our house back then was once mummy enters the kitchen,everybody must be in the kitchen to help mummy out regardless of your gender)so we just go to the kitchen and while we are in the kitchen we will jist and jist and everyone will be exchanging jists of how his or her day went while working in the kitchen and so after the food is ready,mummy goes to serve daddy and before we know it,its 9pm,time for secret of the sand (one old tele novela) we will awtch that one till 1o pm,after that we will watch news from 1o pm to 11pm, after then everyone will go and sleep.we did not even know when we sidelined daddy,all these went on for months,so one day daddy called a family meeting after morning prayes on a saturday,he now asked kini mo shey fun gbo gbo yin( whta did i do for all of you that when you girls and boys come back from school,you will just greet me and go inside,so everyone had to give a good answer one after the other starting from the youngest to the eldest including mummy.my kid brother said whenever he comes back from school and he meets daddy in the sitting room reading news paper and sipping tea,he doesnt want to disturb him,when it go to my turn i said daddy emabinu (daddy dont be annoyed) it is mummys fault.mummy will say when i come back from school,i have to go and wash my school uniform and socks including that of my kid brother and after then i should start doing all my assignments they gave me in school before she comes so i always quickly do it because when she comes,she will first ask me whether i have done my assignments and start sending me to fetch water from down stairs,then my elder brother that was is not always in the house,he was in the university then,he only comes home once in a year,lol,then when it got to the turn of my mother,she said stress ni,anyway everyone apologized to him,the idea was that we excluded daddy in everything we did apart from serving him food,anyway we later incorporated him into our affairs and had to cut down on the soap operas we watch.so everything is just moderation,love,respect and undertanding for each other

4 Likes

Re: My Wife And Facebook by Nobody: 3:33pm On Apr 29, 2013
delinb: Facebook has made her a bit lazy. First time in anything comes with great excitement. In the morning she will not wake up without first rushing to her phone, I even remind her about early morning prayer this days and even preparing breakfast too all this has become second priority to Facebook.

This is some of the reason why I said is not too good for marriage.
The excitement will wane definetly! If ur concern is dat she don't hv enuf time 4 u,that's what u hv to discuss with her instead of this overcontrolling attitude.if u continue like dis with her,that means u won't enjoy ur marriage.its no case,don't make something out of it please
Re: My Wife And Facebook by delinb: 9:24pm On Apr 29, 2013
[b]yeah thats true,i remember years back when i still used to live with my parents,mummy will come back from work like 7pm,daddy gets home earlier because his place of work is not far from home and so when mummy gets home,everybody knows shes at home because she is a very lively woman and likes jist a lot.anyway once she comes back,she will just drop her bag in the sitting room,greet my dad and go straight to the kitchen.(the unwritten rule in our house back then was once mummy enters the kitchen,everybody must be in the kitchen to help mummy out regardless of your gender)so we just go to the kitchen and while we are in the kitchen we will jist and jist and everyone will be exchanging jists of how his or her day went while working in the kitchen and so after the food is ready,mummy goes to serve daddy and before we know it,its 9pm,time for secret of the sand (one old tele novela) we will awtch that one till 1o pm,after that we will watch news from 1o pm to 11pm, after then everyone will go and sleep.we did not even know when we sidelined daddy,all these went on for months,so one day daddy called a family meeting after morning prayes on a saturday,he now asked kini mo shey fun gbo gbo yin( whta did i do for all of you that when you girls and boys come back from school,you will just greet me and go inside,so everyone had to give a good answer one after the other starting from the youngest to the eldest including mummy.my kid brother said whenever he comes back from school and he meets daddy in the sitting room reading news paper and sipping tea,he doesnt want to disturb him,when it go to my turn i said daddy emabinu (daddy dont be annoyed) it is mummys fault.mummy will say when i come back from school,i have to go and wash my school uniform and socks including that of my kid brother and after then i should start doing all my assignments they gave me in school before she comes so i always quickly do it because when she comes,she will first ask me whether i have done my assignments and start sending me to fetch water from down stairs,then my elder brother that was is not always in the house,he was in the university then,he only comes home once in a year,lol,then when it got to the turn of my mother,she said stress ni,anyway everyone apologized to him,the idea was that we excluded daddy in everything we did apart from serving him food,anyway we later incorporated him into our affairs and had to cut down on the soap operas we watch.so everything is just moderation,love,respect and undertanding for each other

(Quote) (Report) 2 Likes (Like) [/b]

From the above post I understand that for marriage to work one needs moderation,love,respect and undertanding for each other.

1 Like

Re: My Wife And Facebook by Ferdinandu(m): 4:24am On Apr 30, 2013
Build a dog cage and lock up your wife because she is married to u.You what are u doing in Nairaland.Tyrant i pity for your wife

2 Likes

Re: My Wife And Facebook by dimeji37: 8:16pm On Apr 30, 2013
funny wit all the comments being read. anyway. im a married woman nd ive bin married for almost 8years. i hv a facebook account, twitter, tagged nd BB. i c it as an avenue to make friends, do business nd enlightend myself. my husby has never raised an eyebrow. its all about understanding nd trust. unless u hv something to hide, call her nd discuss it amicably between urselves. listen to her own point nd make her see urs to nd lay down ur fears to her. its not a show of weakness bt its to strenghten ur marriage. be blessd
Re: My Wife And Facebook by nikkyshyne(f): 7:31am On May 01, 2013
abbk000:

You should have allowed her to open the facebook account when she asked you and even opened it for her. That way you will have her password and there will be nothing to hide.
hmmm...the stalker.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Wife Secretly Told Her Friends I Was Loser. Now What? / Small Girls of Nowadays Having Boyfriends / Is It Still Important Teach Your Kids Your Tribal Language?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.