Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,834 members, 7,828,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria (55465 Views)

Vanguard : S-west Is Nigeria’s Kidnap Capital — Report / Really, How Far Behind India Is Nigeria? / Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Go Down)

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Watermelon(m): 4:26pm On Apr 29, 2013
It is very obvious that the poster has very ulterior motives for posting the above pictures, ALMOST 100% of the pictures are stale and majority of those places have been postively transformed. You can even verify that from some of Rossiki#s pictures which are more recent and the do date on which the pictures were taken boldly inscribed on the photos, and by the way the Ekiti picture is is a recent picture showing the rear area of the governor's lodge with heaps of human excreta and if the number one citizen's environs is this messed up, how much more the other parts of ekiti state.
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 29, 2013
django1:
You're such an illiterate, how did the bolded justify your rant against ALL nigerians?

You equate the agitation of less than 5% of the population to every member of that group! Do you see why you're silly now?

You need to get your a*ss away from that public school you attend in the UK.

You're a dummy and inbred reta.rd!! Now tell me how many people in SE/SS voted for GEJ during the last election just because he's from the South?

Answer that - inbred minger-faced git!!

Why am I even wasting time on this duffer who can't even put words together? - go play with ya mates in a hut somewhere, hillbilly.
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Watermelon(m): 4:28pm On Apr 29, 2013
It is very obvious that the poster has very ulterior motives for posting the above pictures, ALMOST 100% of the pictures are stale and majority of those places have been positively transformed. You can even verify that from some of Rossiki#s pictures which are more recent and the do date on which the pictures were taken boldly inscribed on the photos, and by the way the Ekiti picture is is a recent picture showing the rear area of the governor's lodge with heaps of human excreta and if the number one citizen's environs is this messed up, how much more the other parts of ekiti state.
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 29, 2013
Watermelon: It is very obvious that the poster has very ulterior motives for posting the above pictures, ALMOST 100% of the pictures are stale and majority of those places have been postively transformed. You can even verify that from some of Rossiki#s pictures which are more recent and the do date on which the pictures were taken boldly inscribed on the photos, and by the way the Ekiti picture is is a recent picture showing the rear area of the governor's lodge with heaps of human excreta and if the number one citizen's environs is this messed up, how much more the other parts of ekiti state.

It's usually the posters with less than 100 posts posting ignorant comments like this.

Later you'll all say that you're not using multiple IDs/multiple personality.

Everything comes to light when the sun rises.....this thread is a big ball of sun.
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by dare2think: 4:29pm On Apr 29, 2013
shalmen: i'm amazed & sad that someone decided not to fold her hands and complain but decided to post pictures of dirty places in nigeria starting from the east with the intent that it will spurr some reaction from you young pple to actually demand good governance from your so called leaders and some misguided idiots thought it was an attack on thier states, how stupid can we get? with young pple not standing and demanding anything from leadership . . . this is what we get!

How they fail to get the message is beyond me.

I guess tribe comes first.
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 29, 2013
django1:

You're such an illiterate, how did the bolded justify your rant against ALL nigerians?

You equate the agitation of less than 5% of the population to every member of that group! Do you see why you're silly now?

You need to get your a*ss away from that public school you attend in the UK.

Some of you just like to call someone illiterate when you have failed to convince the other guy to come to your side or when the other guy is having the best of you in a debate. Some of you just need to look-up the meaning of illiterate before using the word. I read that a lot on this forum.
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 29, 2013
Where's the Ekiti picture you're talking about?

Please post it lol.
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 29, 2013
payless:

Some of you just like to call someone illiterate when you have failed to convince the other guy to come to your side or when the other guy is having the best of you in a debate. Some of you just need to look-up the meaning of illiterate before using the word. I read that a lot on this forum.

That's the lousiness and emptiness I was alluding to on another thread two days ago...

Most of these people are ret.arded and they just throw words they don't understand around carelessly...lol
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by naptu2: 4:32pm On Apr 29, 2013
Dr Muzungu: Make no mistake, animals and people behaving like animals exist everywhere. Be it Africa, Europe or the rest of the planet. Just that... dare to drop an empty bottle in Germany, for instance, you would get a hefty fine and if you, god forbid, do it in Singapore, better shoot yourself. Few years ago, in my sweet European homeland, my Nigerian wife was shocked to see someone walking on the street and dumping an empty box of some biscuits on the walkway, just seconds after she walked some 30-40 meters to dump her bag in the garbage bin. So I had to explain that the animal couldn't know better and communal police was not nearby to give him a "ticket" worth some $100.

All in all, we should all behave like human beings, not like animals (but technically we are animals, lol). And for those that disobey the rules, there should be fines so heavy that they will never do the same thing again.

And before you mention tribalism again... I have lived in the Igbo land for long enough, and spent enough time in the Yoruba land, to say they are not so much different when it comes to keeping the environment clean. Abuja is like a different world, so that experience doesn't count and I haven't been to the north so I can't talk about that.

Just a honestly friendly advice for everyone who wants to hear it: Next time before you dump something to where it doesn't belong, think of how offended you were by the pictures posted here.

+100

You also mentioned something that's very important; punishment for environmental offences. When the government imposes a stiff fine for littering, the people complain that the government is only interested in making money. When the government seals up a place for environmental offences, rather than demand that the infraction is corrected, the people complain that the government is dictatorial. People must realise that if they don't want to pay the fine or they don't want their premises sealed up, then they need to keep their environment clean!

2 Likes

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 29, 2013
Abuja

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 29, 2013
ShyM-X:

You're a dummy and inbred reta.rd!! Now tell me how many people in SE/SS voted for GEJ during the last election just because he's from the South?

Answer that - inbred minger-faced git!!

Why am I even wasting time on this duffer who can't even put words together? - go play with ya mates in a hut somewhere, hillbilly.

You're a fool you this guy!

During elections, how many people do you think turns out? I worked as an electoral officer during the general elections, I know what went down.

Stop this your silly aggregate you're doing.

Obo mongido. Ozo dimgba. Monkey.

1 Like

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 29, 2013
ShyM-X:

That's the lousiness and emptiness I was alluding to on another thread two days ago...

Most of these people are ret.arded and they just throw words they don't understand around carelessly...lol

I was just wondering if he knew the meaning of illiterate before he used the word.
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 29, 2013
Abagworo, has Orji turned this area around?

Do you have the recent pictures?

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 29, 2013
I think what really blew people off is coming to the realization that "their" Nigeria is not the real Nigeria.

I guess pointing out the states involved was my #2 insensitive action when dealing with you sensitive human beings.

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 29, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Eledumare o!
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 29, 2013
payless:

I was just wondering if he knew the meaning of illiterate before he used the word.

Lmao... The guy is a hick...

I'll just ignore him...
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 29, 2013
payless:

Please tell me the meaning of illiterate dumb-bell.

Ma fi lomi nda si, gba ran mi de leru, soboloyoke eran ori atan.
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by dare2think: 4:42pm On Apr 29, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Is that a street or a bomb site??

Chineke!!

May Sango Strike the official that is responsible for repairing that road!
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 29, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Cowmilk,

You're a trouble-maker...lol

Am out, yo...Bwahahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 29, 2013
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 29, 2013
django1:

Please tell me the meaning of illiterate dumb-bell.

Ma fi lomi nda si, gba ran mi de leru, soboloyoke eran ori atan.

Oma se o!
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 4:47pm On Apr 29, 2013
Niger Delta

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 4:50pm On Apr 29, 2013
I hate people that make blanket statement and if I ever catch your a*ss shytmexx abi wetin u call urself again chatting shyt am going to drag you butt n.ked to the market square.
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 29, 2013
Ibadan

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by rodeo0070(m): 4:52pm On Apr 29, 2013
django1:

Sure!

Sugbon, prejudice and misinformation form the bulk of our perception of places, for example most of us in the south believe we're better than the northerners, whereas infact they have cleaner cities than most southern states!

That calabar ish for instance, where people equate calabar to the whole of cross river which is just too wrong, and what worked for calabar was that the governor took steps very early to clean up mainly the municiplality long before other states woke up to the idea of using aggressively street sweepers.

In all sha, I'll say things are getting better in most places, na only this over population stuff dey worry me, we too plenty for this country.
My friend, population no be issue @all! After all, some countries of the world are doing well, in spite of their number and level of resources. It is WE that is our own problem.. We've seen countries that av used their booming population as an advantage. We are bad in this country. And we do encourage our leaders to treat us the way we are...

1 Like

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 29, 2013
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Gboliwe: 4:59pm On Apr 29, 2013
CFCfan: Texas Cowgirl is working hard grin

The pictures on this thread are a testament to govt indolence at the State and Local Govt levels; and the general apathy towards PUBLIC sanitation in those places.

"I weep for some Nigerian places" cry
Personally, if I were in government, i'll see this as a call for duty. But, its hypocritical apportioning this dirt to a select part of the country.Not like there isnt heavy filth in the very area where you stand to 'weep for some places' no, you dont weep for 'some' you weep for the entire country! The country is in deep shiit (no pun intended).
By the way, I also saw pictures of the slums in some parts of the western world where the land is paved with gold. How come?
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Biafradiplomat: 4:59pm On Apr 29, 2013
django1:

This is ignorance, no city in nigeria is cleaner than ibadan, that's a fact and you can take it to the bank.
Are you freaking kidding me? Large swats of that shanty cornubation called Ibadan is not fit for human habitation, the whole place bar Bodija estate and a few hoods ought to be demolished because the sh!!t hole is nothing but a pigsty!
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by dare2think: 5:02pm On Apr 29, 2013
Gboliwe:
Personally, if I were in government, i'll see this as a call for duty. But, its hypocritical apportioning this dirt to a select part of the country.Not like there isnt heavy filth in the very area where you stand to 'weep for some places' no, you dont weep for 'some' you weep for the entire country! The country is in deep shiit (no pun intended).
By the way, I also saw pictures of the slums in some parts of the western world where the land is paved with gold. How come?

Let the westerners deal with their issues and we deal with ours. Pointing at their deficiencies does not make ours better or less deplorable.
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 5:03pm On Apr 29, 2013
rodeo0070:
My friend, population no be issue @all! After all, some countries of the world are doing well, in spite of their number and level of resources. It is WE that is our own problem.. We've seen countries that av used their booming population as an advantage. We are bad in this country. And we do encourage our leaders to treat us the way we are...

Population is not suppose to be a problem but when about 70% of your population are uneducated or ill educated they become a liability, our education sector is so bad we almost always produce negative results in education.

Our huge population is making it more difficult for this already incompetent government to even do anything for the people especially in the area of sanitation.

Consider a situation where the governor plants grasses in a bid to beautify the environment, but people will keep walking on it, trampling the whole damn thing ever before it grows.

Our huge population is more of a curse than a blessing.
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by imperiouxx(m): 5:07pm On Apr 29, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Where the hell is this? shocked shocked OMG!

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21)

Emeka Ihedioha Visits Prince Arthur Eze In Anambra (Pictures) / FG Excludes Lagos, Borno, Delta From Cash Transfer As N/W Gets Biggest Share / PDP Youths Follow Car Carrying Votes From Polling Unit To Prevent Rigging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.