Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,512 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Scientists On Brink Of HIV Cure - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Scientists On Brink Of HIV Cure (16225 Views)

A Young Nigerian With Possible HIV Cure Die In Isreal / New Form Of HIV Turns Into AIDS Before Victims Realise They Are Infected / HIV Cure To Be Ready In Months? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scientists On Brink Of HIV Cure by creativino: 5:12pm On Apr 29, 2013
Greatlydia: tnk God for dis break through

Oga give your damn life to Jesus Christ now that you have time because you don't even know if will be alive to see the cure!
Re: Scientists On Brink Of HIV Cure by creativino: 5:13pm On Apr 29, 2013
jackbauerspower: Nice one...

I will soon be able to do away with Durex for good angry

Oga give your damn life to Jesus Christ now that you have time because you don't even know if will be alive to see the cure!
Re: Scientists On Brink Of HIV Cure by Lusola15: 5:16pm On Apr 29, 2013
If dis is true den u will see a raise in d number of pple who want to know der HIV status.
Re: Scientists On Brink Of HIV Cure by obi4eze(m): 5:18pm On Apr 29, 2013
oluwadare26: With the HIV Cure news making rave of recent, i dont need any prophet now to prophecise that they will soon c its cure

Sorry sir, but is this a new word?

1 Like

Re: Scientists On Brink Of HIV Cure by HAH: 5:21pm On Apr 29, 2013
I was shocked when I learned that pharmaceutical companies creat disease then creat cure in order to get more revenue.

Example is birth flu that was created just to sell flu drugs.

I believe the companies that make aids treatment drugs have made enough profit so now they want to release the cure
Re: Scientists On Brink Of HIV Cure by Nobody: 5:23pm On Apr 29, 2013
I have read stories like this a thousand and one times . undecided
Re: Scientists On Brink Of HIV Cure by emmanuel4758(m): 5:27pm On Apr 29, 2013
CrushX: Do you think they would? I am very cynical and think that a lot of cures can be found but what they are really interested in is creating medicines to 'manage' diseases, so we can pour more money into the industry. Anybody else that cynical?
kai how many of u hav aids now just be prayin dnt dance azonto yet b4 god go vex bring d one wey pas aids and u know wetin god fit do oyibo cats make una no provokam
Re: Scientists On Brink Of HIV Cure by Gayigaskia(m): 5:33pm On Apr 29, 2013
Men even Maurice Iwu has had success long time ago on AIDS vaccine grin grin grin
Re: Scientists On Brink Of HIV Cure by Nobody: 5:35pm On Apr 29, 2013
creativino:

Hehehee.. Who gives their life to dead men?
Re: Scientists On Brink Of HIV Cure by IzyLuv(f): 5:37pm On Apr 29, 2013
Haba nah... Y re dis pple thinking Like this

HIV Viral genome gets intercalated with the host DNA, it stays dia nd replicates with d normal DNA... Tis practically impossible to extract the virus... I mean its being replicated into d individual's gene for Christ sake!!! As long as d individual is alive, nd dna replication is on... Hiv virus replication is on as well

I just wonder wah d scientists hve in mind..

D only cure to HIV, is to KiLL the Individual cus dats d only way d viral genome will stop replicating.
Re: Scientists On Brink Of HIV Cure by azpekuliar: 5:37pm On Apr 29, 2013
So na now dem ready to release the cure..... meshewwwww!
Re: Scientists On Brink Of HIV Cure by IzyLuv(f): 5:39pm On Apr 29, 2013
musKeeto:

Hehehee.. Who gives their life to dead men?

i'm praying for ur salvation.
Good News is, God Loves u even if u vomit all d venom in ur mouth against him...

2 Likes

Re: Scientists On Brink Of HIV Cure by trolling(m): 5:39pm On Apr 29, 2013
and who told u there is no cure for AIDS
Re: Scientists On Brink Of HIV Cure by imperiouxx(m): 5:41pm On Apr 29, 2013
IzyLuv: Haba nah... Y re dis pple thinking Like this

HIV Viral genome gets intercalated with the host DNA, it stays dia nd replicates with d normal DNA... Tis practically impossible to extract the virus... I mean its being replicated into d individual's gene for Christ sake!!! As long as d individual is alive, nd dna replication is on... Hiv virus replication is on as well

D only cure to HIV, is to KiLL the Individual cus dats d only way d viral genome will stop replicating.

Just like interaction between a bacterium and bacteriophage but still the Reverse Transcriptase can be inhibited. Only that some of the host genes will suffer along.
Re: Scientists On Brink Of HIV Cure by IzyLuv(f): 5:55pm On Apr 29, 2013
imperiouxx:

Just like interaction between a bacterium and bacteriophage but still the Reverse Transcriptase can be inhibited. Only that some of the host genes will suffer along.

reverse transcription is only inhibited by addin nucleoside analogs to d transcript so dat d chain is terminated... This however, does not get rid of d virus, it only reduces d viral load..

This is becus sum of d virus undergo mutation nd become resistant to treatment... And also, d hiv virus presents a different viral determinants on its surface @ evry given time so even d drugs find it hard to locate dem...

If u ask me, d viral genome is smart!!!
Re: Scientists On Brink Of HIV Cure by Nobody: 5:56pm On Apr 29, 2013
IzyLuv:
i'm praying for ur salvation.
Good News is, God Loves u even if u vomit all d venom in ur mouth against him...

PLEASE DON'T PRAY FOR MY SALVATION.. You Christians and your wahala, must everybody be saved? If I mistakenly enter heaven, I'll hold you responsible. Leave me on the highway to hell.. smiley
Re: Scientists On Brink Of HIV Cure by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 29, 2013
musKeeto:

PLEASE DON'T PRAY FOR MY SALVATION.. You Christians and your wahala, must everybody be saved? If I mistakenly enter heaven, I'll hold you responsible. Leave me on the highway to hell.. smiley

ROFL
Re: Scientists On Brink Of HIV Cure by megadonVJ(m): 6:33pm On Apr 29, 2013
This shows of what the human immune system is capable of and aside the vaccinations being produced, its a good source of knowledge.
MEDICAL STUDENTS HAVE DISPLAYED EXCEPTIONAL SKILLS AT FIELD OF MEDICAL, IT WILL BE GREAT TO HAVE THIS THOUGHT IN THE UNIVERSITIES.
Re: Scientists On Brink Of HIV Cure by Bozzy001(m): 6:44pm On Apr 29, 2013
DJDOLA: wat is hiv?
Are u a learner?
Re: Scientists On Brink Of HIV Cure by Pain(m): 7:17pm On Apr 29, 2013
The cure of HIV will lead to genetic mutation and usher in a new kind of beast like men.

Welcome to the Apocalypse ! Coming to a theater near you soon cheesy grin
Re: Scientists On Brink Of HIV Cure by Nobody: 7:37pm On Apr 29, 2013

You didn't read the article well. The reason there is no cure for Hiv is simply because HIV creates Reservoirs, which means it gets into the cells and remains hidden or undetected by the immune system and then gets reactivated at will. That's why the antiretroviral drugs cannot cure it cos they can't penetrate the dna, besides that it mutates very quickly thats also why they can't make vaccines for it. This cure they said releases the hiv from the reservoirs they form in the body's cells, meaning all inactive hiv come to the surface and are all exposed making them detectable by the immune system and by the retroviral drugs. If they are successful and can get them(hiv) out from the hide outs they form in the body then a cure is within reach.
Re: Scientists On Brink Of HIV Cure by tspun(m): 8:08pm On Apr 29, 2013
so dat prof for uniben way day dance azonto say e don c d cure we no come hear from am again?
Re: Scientists On Brink Of HIV Cure by plendil: 9:02pm On Apr 29, 2013
I posted this on a similar topic sometime ago. I believe it applicable here.

FOlks should realize is that there many agents in the market capable of bringing the virus down to undetectable levels (<40cell/ML), leading to the disappearance of opportunistic infections and concomitant increase in CD4. This will lead to dramatic improvement in the health of the individual, as I've personally witnessed on numerous occasions.

The problem is that the virus has been found to 'hide' in what known as latent cells VERY EARLY IN INFECTION, and since our conventional ARVs only attack viruses that are actively replicating, these viruses are spared and can remain so for many years, even decades. Once however therapy is discontinued, and the latent cells are triggered through a process not completely understood, they begin replicating again.

Therefore a cure should:

1.) Totally eradicate the virus from every reservoir in the body (known as sterilizing cure - not very promising).

2.) Prevent the latent cells from ever becoming active (functional cure - some progress in this regard)

3.) Force the latent cells to become active so they can be cleared by the conventional ARVs.

4.) Render CD4 cells immune from infection (Gene therapy)

Note that a person became sero negative does not imply he has been cured. It only means the body is no longer producing antibodies to the virus, the presence of which rapid tests rely on.

It appears this 'cure' will follow point 3.
Re: Scientists On Brink Of HIV Cure by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 29, 2013
plendil: I posted this on a similar topic sometime ago. I believe it applicable here.

It appears this 'cure' will follow point 3.

The body's immune system alone will probably be enough in dealing with it once they can successfully force all hiv from their hide outs
Re: Scientists On Brink Of HIV Cure by Fawklicant: 9:41pm On Apr 29, 2013

Despite all the attempt to appear smart, you still dont PULL IT OFF. As a scientist, you should know that impossibility is not in the realm of science, just a matter of time. Besides do you think that the same people that created HIV would not have a cure for it just like they experimented with bird flu, SARS, swine flu et al? I GUESS THEY HAVE A NEW HIV CALLED CANCER.
Re: Scientists On Brink Of HIV Cure by seunlayi(m): 10:14pm On Apr 29, 2013
kudos to the scientist
Re: Scientists On Brink Of HIV Cure by nwgoziri(m): 10:34pm On Apr 29, 2013
God is mercyfull....very soon Hiv wil be treatd lik ordinary malaria,2 God be d Glory
Re: Scientists On Brink Of HIV Cure by Mullah24(m): 10:38pm On Apr 29, 2013
if its true that mean i will be straffing skin to skin .no more if i put i will remove and check the condom.
Re: Scientists On Brink Of HIV Cure by bodee(m): 10:41pm On Apr 29, 2013
tpapi: which has a stronger quality rough rider or durex
candidates of hell
Re: Scientists On Brink Of HIV Cure by kaydee(m): 1:29am On Apr 30, 2013
"Jay had a problem with making LOVE/
especially fu*king without a penile GLOVE/
Jay married his sweetheart but couldn't fu*k without/
he's been made pathophobic by the use of CONDOM/
wife is frustrated cos she wants to be assured of her KINGDOM/
yeah she loves sex but she wants more than RECREATION/
they quarrel all the time talking about PROCREATION/
Jay told me he only regains erection inside a RUBBER/
a psychological derailment that has left wify SOBER/
ever thought of a better way to enhance human EXTINCTION/
it's slow and manipulative witha credit-given DISTINCTION/
coitus is best appreciated in a free-state of mind/
been made so clinical,fu*k a free-state of mind/
I hear of brovas who self-service witha CONDOM/
even all these STDs aint made us better than SODOM/
I wonder if HIV/AIDS was geniously INVENTED/
in order to wipe a race and have ma life RENTED/
word is Jay is now a proud father who is GLAD/
on the condom tip he bore a hole to be a DAD///" - Ghostic
Re: Scientists On Brink Of HIV Cure by smartg(m): 5:52am On Apr 30, 2013
Believe it or not, Hiv aids already has a cure from day one, the truth is that all dis condom manufacturing companies are the ones kicking against the cure. Simply because they want to reach their goals in the amount the want to make through the selling of these condoms.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Benue Records Suspected Case Of Monkeypox (Disturbing Photos) / Lily Ivf Price Offer/truth About Success Rates Of Ivf Clinics / Impact And Dangers Of Overthinking On Our Mental Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.