Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,043 members, 7,835,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

The Religion - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Religion (50398 Views)

In Defence Of Religion - Pt 1. [The Necessity Of Religion In Churches And Homes] / Why Yoruba Movies Promotes Traditional Religion Ethics Than Xtians And Islamic? / Teach Yourself The Philosophy Of Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Religion by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 17, 2013
Interesting. Stil following
Re: The Religion by Otosdd: 5:59pm On May 17, 2013
Nice write up susbcribing...................
Re: The Religion by oyestephen(m): 9:10pm On May 17, 2013
Nice work frank...... cheesy
Re: The Religion by kodylicky(f): 5:48am On May 18, 2013
Nice one.

Keep it up!!
Re: The Religion by Jiteshell(f): 2:51pm On May 18, 2013
Love the story. Pls update ASAP.
Re: The Religion by frank317: 7:18pm On May 18, 2013
deleted

1 Like

Re: The Religion by Nobody: 8:37pm On May 18, 2013
It was chidi's phone dat rang not daniel's. And good one, keep it coming.
Re: The Religion by frank317: 9:08pm On May 18, 2013
Damex333: It was chidi's phone dat rang not daniel's. And good one, keep it coming.

thanks Damexx, nice to know u always got my back
Re: The Religion by frank317: 9:12pm On May 18, 2013
deleted

3 Likes

Re: The Religion by frank317: 9:15pm On May 18, 2013
alright guys, chapter 9 ends here.

i will need three ot two days to work on chapter ten. thanks... and pls tell me how u feel about the update thanks. i really appreciate all those who comment.
u indirectly give me the motivation for writing when u comment and criticize and approve.
Re: The Religion by weezii(m): 10:17pm On May 18, 2013
nice one once again Frank, errors have reduced. Really enjoying this piece
Re: The Religion by oyestephen(m): 1:22am On May 19, 2013
Nice storyline... cheesy
Re: The Religion by luvmijeje(f): 9:59am On May 19, 2013
Frank, well done. We are getting to the end of story.
Lets have another discussion. There was a mole in the police force but the inspector still sent 2 policemen to guard Daniel and Adanna. He also sent policemen to take jack to the hospital. How was he sure thoes he sent were not the mole?
Also Adanna telling Daniel about the rape case and few min later Chidi's call came in was too neat, it was too far reaching.
Re: The Religion by Nobody: 10:45am On May 19, 2013
Surprisingly,d way d story always captivates me makes d errors go unnoticed on my side... I leave d@ to those who are more careful to bring out the d errors but i must say d story s "Captivating"
Re: The Religion by frank317: 12:13pm On May 19, 2013
luvmijeje: Frank, well done. We are getting to the end of story.
Lets have another discussion. There was a mole in the police force but the inspector still sent 2 policemen to guard Daniel and Adanna. He also sent policemen to take jack to the hospital. How was he sure thoes he sent were not the mole?
Also Adanna telling Daniel about the rape case and few min later Chidi's call came in was too neat, it was too far reaching.

ok luvmi... lets see.

he didnt know the mole... but police work must be done, mole or no mole. i mean, should police work stop because there is a mole in the force?
besides, we know the mole is working with the omenkas(in a different case in which they are still trying to establish whether it had connection with Daniel and Adanna's) and remember he told Chidi that he was going to send TRUSTED people in the force to follow Daniel and Adanna around. even if his most trusted man is a mole, what would he have done anything about it? wouldnt that mean that he will continue to be deceived until he finds the mole? all i am saying is that, yes there is a mole, but we wouldnt close the police work and not so anything about it. i have seen films where the mole was even top police officers who were most trusted. yet police work must be done.
so what do you suggest, should he have decided not to have his men follow Daniel and Adanna or could he have not tried his own best to be discrete about Jack's whereabout(healthwise) because there was a mole. remember... he was on a mission to find the mole. so life goes on until the mole is found.

Adanna's r.ape story and Chidi's call was just a mere coincidence. remember there was a process which i described already(catching of Jack, his interaction with Bassey, his call to Chidi) before chidi called Daniel. remember also, that she was telling Daniel her story just out of her fondness for him, not because she thought it had anything to do with the case. while she was telling the story, she had no idea Chidi knew anything about Jack's statement. well like i said, it was a mere coincidence.
its just like asking why Daisy should be in the swimming pool when Jide's friends came along, in Prince's story(in another thread). our life is full or coincidence. its also like asking, why should i go and asking someone for help and it happens to be that he needed someone with my skill just before i asked him for help.

thanks for making me look at my work critically, pls still tell me what u think
Re: The Religion by luvmijeje(f): 3:46pm On May 19, 2013
The inspector work was to solve crime and to do that the perpetrators need to be taken to court and for him to do that, he definitely need witnesses. Due to leakages under his watch, a witness was brutally mudered, then Daniel and Adanna were nearly mudered. If he was as smart as you said, he was not suppose to entrust the lives of his main witnesses in the hands of his colleague until d mole is caught. Now I will suggest a trusted retired police officer or a friend that is in the bussiness of body guarding.
Daniel ask her do you have a bf? The next thing is for her to say no and jump to the rape story. Frank, it didn't gel or is that the reason why she doesn't have a bf?
Re: The Religion by frank317: 4:04pm On May 19, 2013
luvmijeje: The inspector work was to solve crime and to do that the perpetrators need to be taken to court and for him to do that, he definitely need witnesses. Due to leakages under his watch, a witness was brutally mudered, then Daniel and Adanna were nearly mudered. If he was as smart as you said, he was not suppose to entrust the lives of his main witnesses in the hands of his colleague until d mole is caught. Now I will suggest a trusted retired police officer or a friend that is in the bussiness of body guarding.
Daniel ask her do you have a bf? The next thing is for her to say no and jump to the rape story. Frank, it didn't gel or is that the reason why she doesn't have a bf?

Luvmi darling, I nver said Bassey was an intelligent cop. U are d one who tink he must b intelligent because he is a cop. I didn't potray this character of mine as intelligent. I even made him regret not being as wise as some detective as he saw on foreign movies. He admitted he wasn't intelligent. Get something from this story, I potrayed the average nigerian police. But even at that, he could only rely on the people he trusts and do his work. He can't leave the police force for that, it would have been a wrong move as an inspector, if anythin should happen based on such decision, what do u think would happen?

She decided to tell him the story because she had statted liking him and she knew so much about his past. Remember he told her about himself when when he hardly knew her. Now when she said no, but proceeded to tell him something deeper. She knew he would ask her why and she didn't want to talk about it at the such personal issue in such a place. She wanted them to b alone. Now is that why she didn't have aboyfriend? Trust me, I will never answer that question in this story... U as a reader will have to use ur own discretion.
Re: The Religion by rofemiguwa(f): 5:24pm On May 19, 2013
Luvmi d plot is perfect.for someone u v bin 2gada dis. Long talking abt ur experience wnt v come at a better tym dan wen he asked.dy didn't jus meet remember and even if deres a mole.inspector sent his own mehn meaning pple he can vouch for not some random. Police officer.franko u r my bestest.can't wait for more.abeg don't keep me waiting for long
Re: The Religion by luvmijeje(f): 5:26pm On May 19, 2013
Bros Frank, you have to do better in potraying the inspector as unintelligent. If I am ask to list the attribute of the inspector, it will go like these:
uncorruptible-cos if he is not the Omnekas would have bribe him.
Deligent- he is passionate about his job which is crime solving.
Critical Thinker- his ability to discovered there was a mole among his men.
Wise- show me a man's friend and I will tell you who he is-Chidi.
Now back to Adanna- I want you to research the phschological effect of rape. I know she is not raped but almost no lady will narrate that kind of story willingly except if she was specifically ask.
Re: The Religion by luvmijeje(f): 5:34pm On May 19, 2013
rofemiguwa: Luvmi d plot is perfect.for someone u v bin 2gada dis. Long talking abt ur experience wnt v come at a better tym dan wen he asked.dy didn't jus meet remember and even if deres a mole.inspector sent his own mehn meaning pple he can vouch for not some random. Police officer.franko u r my bestest.can't wait for more.abeg don't keep me waiting for long
Bros Frank,u are bestest too o
Re: The Religion by rofemiguwa(f): 6:03pm On May 19, 2013
Luvmi for a man dt has told u all about himself tinz he neva told anybody and den someone u have stayed with for so long.I don't tink its out of place to tell him that ur kinda scared of men becos u were almost raped .besides he asked her why she gat no boifriend.I tink d story follows.also inspector bassey doesn't nid to be a thoinker to knw deres a mole.once u have information knw only to d police given out u must knw dt it can only come from ur pple.dt doesn't stop u from having pple u trust.if he has 20police men to work with he shud be able to vouch for 3 or more.and also I cant remember him discussing his findings with chidi with his entire team showing that he is also conscious of the fact that all his men are not his men.the character has being potrayed well enough for a good police officer.both in reality and ficitous too.he has acted well
luvmijeje: Bros Frank, you have to do better in potraying the inspector as unintelligent. If I am ask to list the attribute of the inspector, it will go like these:
Now back to Adanna- I want you to research the phschological effect of rape. I know she is not raped but almost no lady will narrate that kind of story willingly except if she was specifically ask.
Re: The Religion by frank317: 6:14pm On May 19, 2013
rofemiguwa: Luvmi for a man dt has told u all about himself tinz he neva told anybody and den someone u have stayed with for so long.I don't tink its out of place to tell him that ur kinda scared of men becos u were almost raped .besides he asked her why she gat no boifriend.I tink d story follows.also inspector bassey doesn't nid to be a thoinker to knw deres a mole.once u have information knw only to d police given out u must knw dt it can only come from ur pple.dt doesn't stop u from having pple u trust.if he has 20police men to work with he shud be able to vouch for 3 or more.and also I cant remember him discussing his findings with chidi with his entire team showing that he is also conscious of the fact that all his men are not his men.the character has being potrayed well enough for a good police officer.both in reality and ficitous too.he has acted well

Wow, what else can I say... Thanks for that. And luvmi, u are really doing a great job here, see what u have made me seen.
Re: The Religion by frank317: 6:30pm On May 19, 2013
luvmijeje: Bros Frank, you have to do better in potraying the inspector as unintelligent. If I am ask to list the attribute of the inspector, it will go like these:

Luvmi, luvemi, stop calling me bros, remember I will soon have ur hAnd in marriage(xcept u are less than 18), is that what u will call me when we want to make l...? I will threat u like jideooo,

Bassey incurrptible? Well, u can guess that, but anybody could have been a mole for any reason, even bassey, I didn't potray him as thatn but u could. But dat does nt make him intelligent.

Deligent? Ya he is, but that does nt make him intelligent.

Critical tinker? Remember chidi has a role to play in realizing that there was a mole. Well any body oulld have also guessed that given what happened, that's nt wisdom but its ok if u chose to call It that.

Wise? Chidi is much wiser to me.

Now I studied psychology and I know much about such trauma as attempted ra.pe or ra.pe itself. Most of them die slowly because of the build up inside. Nt telling anyone could be as bad as the ra.pe itself. If adanna can't tell daniel who she had started taking a liken on, who else will she tell. He has been open to her all these while, she felt she could open up.

Now luvmi, u are really loveable.
Re: The Religion by Nobody: 7:45pm On May 19, 2013
Hmmm. Luvmi n Frank,make una do am smal smal. Luvmi,take it easy on frank na*winks*
Re: The Religion by luvmijeje(f): 8:21pm On May 19, 2013
rofemiguwa: Luvmi for a man dt has told u all about himself tinz he neva told anybody and den someone u have stayed with for so long.I don't tink its out of place to tell him that ur kinda scared of men becos u were almost raped .besides he asked her why she gat no boifriend.I tink d story follows.also inspector bassey doesn't nid to be a thoinker to knw deres a mole.once u have information knw only to d police given out u must knw dt it can only come from ur pple.dt doesn't stop u from having pple u trust.if he has 20police men to work with he shud be able to vouch for 3 or more.and also I cant remember him discussing his findings with chidi with his entire team showing that he is also conscious of the fact that all his men are not his men.the character has being potrayed well enough for a good police officer.both in reality and ficitous too.he has acted well

Rofe,thanks for joining us. I definitely agree with u dat is not odd for Adanna to tell Daniel what happen. I am simply saying the dialogue and the timing could have been done better.
Now to the inspector, he discovered there was a mole when the first witness was brutally mudered. If he was not a critical thinker, he would have jumped to the conclusion that he was murdered by cult, arm robbered or he wouldn't see anything odd about it.
Re: The Religion by Neduzze5(m): 8:44pm On May 19, 2013
Thumbs up Oga Frank. I've been following this story but it seems like I've not commented before or so I thought. You're doing a great job. I would have loved to point out some errors but I can't because of my touch screen phone. It's really hard typing with it. Once more, thumbs up. I tried to forsee the end of the story and I could see Chidi and Daniel marrying Nkiru and Adanna the same day. Hope none of them will die oh!
Re: The Religion by frank317: 9:07pm On May 19, 2013
luvmijeje:

Rofe,thanks for joining us. I definitely agree with u dat is not odd for Adanna to tell Daniel what happen. I am simply saying the dialogue and the timing could have been done better.
Now to the inspector, he discovered there was a mole when the first witness was brutally mudered. If he was not a critical thinker, he would have jumped to the conclusion that he was murdered by cult, arm robbered or he wouldn't see anything odd about it.
[quote author=luvmijeje]

darling, u fail to understand that Adanna on her own told Daniel what she felt based on the romantic situation growing between them. its only think its couldnt have been done better because us are reading the story and feeling both sides. do u think adanna or daniel or chidi think so? even if adanna hadnt told daniel anything before the call, dont u think she would have recalled on her own that she used to know someone like priest? nkiru would have known but i though she could have been much younger and immature then. the conversation between them was started by daniel because he liked her and wanted her. it was just a perfect coincidence.
Re: The Religion by frank317: 9:14pm On May 19, 2013
Re: The Religion by frank317: 9:23pm On May 19, 2013
Neduzze5: Thumbs up Oga Frank. I've been following this story but it seems like I've not commented before or so I thought. You're doing a great job. I would have loved to point out some errors but I can't because of my touch screen phone. It's really hard typing with it. Once more, thumbs up. I tried to forsee the end of the story and I could see Chidi and Daniel marrying Nkiru and Adanna the same day. Hope none of them will die oh!

pls do comment on the errors, criticisms are my backbone. i need them because i am just a good story teller but not a good writer. i need to b criticized to be good. meanwhile i m glad u are here.

well, it seems my errors are discouraging my readers... this story is nt going well... i no even get strenght to continue... well, all who have encouraged me so far, thanks.
Re: The Religion by Phatkemi: 10:23pm On May 19, 2013
pleaseee dont stop. Ive been waiting for ur update since am
Re: The Religion by konklushun(f): 10:24pm On May 19, 2013
*Comes out of hiding* Oga frank dnt say soo o, ur errors are minimal and can't discourage ur readers cos we love u and ur stories wella. Kip up d gud work
Re: The Religion by konklushun(f): 10:27pm On May 19, 2013
*Comes out of her hiding* Oga Frank pls don't say so. Ur errors r minimal and can't discourage us ur readers. Kip up d good work

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply)

The Murder Case- A short story / My Childhood Life With My Spoilt Neighbours- SEASON 2 / Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.