Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

The Religion - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Religion (50344 Views)

In Defence Of Religion - Pt 1. [The Necessity Of Religion In Churches And Homes] / Why Yoruba Movies Promotes Traditional Religion Ethics Than Xtians And Islamic? / Teach Yourself The Philosophy Of Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Religion by frank317: 2:50pm On May 02, 2013
oyestephen: nice one bro but Please work on this

lol, i didnt type thatoooo, ok, i think its nairaland censor thing. let me apply some tricks there
Re: The Religion by Uniquexty(f): 3:24pm On May 02, 2013
I'm enjoying the twist here. This write-up is suspence filled, and should not end up on Nl alone. This is classic. Beware of copyright and piracy. Nl is no longer safe for writers.
Re: The Religion by rofemiguwa(f): 4:23pm On May 02, 2013
Frank wat else can I say.Ur good.fullstop.I love ur novels and dy will defintely make best sellers anyday.more ink to ur pen.please more updates.thank u
Re: The Religion by kunmibola(m): 5:07pm On May 02, 2013
Frank, well done my brother... Keep 'em coming. All the best!
Re: The Religion by iebanehita(m): 11:41pm On May 02, 2013
They were also better in mathematics than right handers who tend to be better in English language.

is there any theory that proves that left handed people are better in maths thn the right handed?

1 Like

Re: The Religion by iebanehita(m): 11:54pm On May 02, 2013
frank3.16:

if you notice, the perfectness described there was Daniel's perception... he had every reason to see their relationship as perfect. personally i thought the relationship between me and my late girl was perfect, despite very few backdrops. thats how life is my bro. he loved her and if it were u, will you describe the negative side of someone you love to another person when talking about them? wont u want to paint it as perfect especally when it has to do with the one you love? do i make sense? pls correct me if i am wrong

m inclined to agree wit d bolded, evn if its nt perfect.
Re: The Religion by princesa(f): 5:27pm On May 05, 2013
Plot......spell bounding
Narrative......natural following. Though i must add that your subsequent chapters was riddled with typo errors and mix up in sentence construction. Keep up the perfect job, that's how you get a thrilling fulfilment at the end. you write real well.smiley

#so you are also from Imo? Nwane kedu?wink#
Re: The Religion by Dstar4u(m): 1:25pm On May 06, 2013
Oga Frank why u no tel me say u don start another story now. I dey follow follow you ni.
I haven't begun to read this, but I know it'll be interesting.
Re: The Religion by Emeralddan(f): 8:28pm On May 06, 2013
U're awesome......cant wait for ur next update sweerie!!!
Re: The Religion by repogirl(f): 9:29pm On May 06, 2013
Loving the story, you are a seasoned writer so we expect no less. :-P

What caught my attention was the plot set in Owerri, love the town. Aladinma, Ikenegbu, Control, Works, world bank even hardel, orji...brings back some memories.
Re: The Religion by frank317: 6:58am On May 07, 2013
princesa: Plot......spell bounding
Narrative......natural following. Though i must add that your subsequent chapters was riddled with typo errors and mix up in sentence construction. Keep up the perfect job, that's how you get a thrilling fulfilment at the end. you write real well.smiley

#so you are also from Imo? Nwane kedu?wink#
Thanks girl for pointing out errors, I will try and minimize such in my nxt update.
Ya, I am from imo state, hope we hook up some day (as per my sisooo)

Dstar4u: Oga Frank why u no tel me say u don start another story now. I dey follow follow you ni.
I haven't begun to read this, but I know it'll be interesting.

Sorry my brother... Abeg try and read it and tell me what u think, ur comment will b very much appreciated
Re: The Religion by frank317: 7:03am On May 07, 2013
Emerald dan: U're awesome......cant wait for ur next update sweerie!!!

Thanks, I have been a little busy, but I think I should update by tomorrow, hope u will still be there by then.
repogirl: Loving the story, you are a seasoned writer so we expect no less. :-P

What caught my attention was the plot set in Owerri, love the town. Aladinma, Ikenegbu, Control, Works, world bank even hardel, orji...brings back some memories.

Ha all these fine girls way de hia na owerri people. No wonder u girls are so much fun and fine.

Well thanks repogirl, u are in abj, I am still looking foward to meeting u someday.

Pls guys, I am sorry for not updating for almost a week now, u know that's not my style. I promise I will do sometin by tomorrow or nxt. Thanks for hangin on
Re: The Religion by Mynd44: 8:12am On May 07, 2013
Interesting.......
Re: The Religion by Emeralddan(f): 10:27am On May 07, 2013
I sure will..
Re: The Religion by iebanehita(m): 5:13pm On May 07, 2013
iebanehita: They were also better in mathematics than right handers who tend to be better in English language.

is there any theory that proves that left handed people are better in maths thn the right handed?

Frank,, Pls answer to ds questn b4 any further update. Thanks.
Re: The Religion by Nobody: 7:26pm On May 07, 2013
iebanehita:

. Y must he answer d question before he proceeds with his update? Is it a perequesite? Abeg,na story we dey read,if u like accept n if u like dont,pls dont come and disturb our next update...
Re: The Religion by frank317: 7:53pm On May 07, 2013
iebanehita:

lol, u are just a funny guy... i thought you would have googled it by now, Wikipedia is ur friend
Re: The Religion by frank317: 7:54pm On May 07, 2013
Candis009: . Y must he answer d question before he proceeds with his update? Is it a perequesite? Abeg,na story we dey read,if u like accept n if u like dont,pls dont come and disturb our next update...

thanks girly, my next update will be coming in the morning... would have done it today, but i am a little fagged out
Re: The Religion by iebanehita(m): 10:02pm On May 07, 2013
Candis009: . Y must he answer d question before he proceeds with his update? Is it a perequesite? Abeg,na story we dey read,if u like accept n if u like dont,pls dont come and disturb our next update...

na whch 1 b ur own??!
Na u b d writer??!
Abeg, i nor wan insult anybody.
I like having a good understanding of evrytn i do/read b4 proceeding.
If ur blood dey hot, i go help u cool am o!.
Re: The Religion by iebanehita(m): 10:20pm On May 07, 2013
frank3.16:

lol, u are just a funny guy... i thought you would have googled it by now, Wikipedia is ur friend

I got ds frm Wikipedia...

'Chris McManus of University College, London says dt d genes that determine left-handedness also governs d development of d language centre of d brain'

My reason for ds is cz,,years bck wen i was in sec schl, ders a frnd of myn who is left handed and VERY GOOD in English, bt average in Maths. She won d Best English Student Award in SSS3.

Isn't ds opposed to ur theory?
I would appreciate ur response.
Re: The Religion by frank317: 8:00am On May 08, 2013
iebanehita:

I got ds frm Wikipedia...

'Chris McManus of University College, London says dt d genes that determine left-handedness also governs d development of d language centre of d brain'

My reason for ds is cz,,years bck wen i was in sec schl, ders a frnd of myn who is left handed and VERY GOOD in English, bt average in Maths. She won d Best English Student Award in SSS3.

Isn't ds opposed to ur theory?
I would appreciate ur response.

Some studies have shown, as John Santrock points out, that "...left-handers also tend to have unusually good visual-spatial skills and the ability to imagine spatial layouts." Santrock goes on to point out that "mathematicians, musicians, architects, and artists are more commonly left-handers than would be expected." In one study of more than 100,000 students taking the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT), 20% of the top-scoring group was left-handed, twice the rate of left-handedness found in the general population (10%). Left-handedness may also reduce the risk of developing arthritis.[8] However, Hardyck and Petrinovich[30] reviewed a large amount of literature and found no overall differences in mental ability in right-handers and non-right-handers.

it is not a theory per say... but there are other literature suggesting that most left handers are better in mathematics than rigth handers. and vice versa. as pointed above some social scientist have pointed out that there is no over all difference in literature ability between the two.

however, one thing you should understand about social theories that relate to humans is that it is not an 'All or none' law(unlike core scientific laws). this is why social scientist leave five percent chance for erroe, some even leave ten percent. this is because the study of humans is more complicated than study of matter or inanimate objects. there are always exceptions in humans. there always people who are different. your friend could be one.

also remember that i pointed this 'fact' out for Priest's sake in my story. seeing it that way is more appealing to him.

thanks, i appreciate your curiosity.

2 Likes

Re: The Religion by frank317: 8:02am On May 08, 2013
iebanehita:

na whch 1 b ur own??!
Na u b d writer??!
Abeg, i nor wan insult anybody.
I like having a good understanding of evrytn i do/read b4 proceeding.
If ur blood dey hot, i go help u cool am o!.

easy there on the lady, she is speaking for me remember...

@Candis, pls do me a favour and ignore the above... thankss.
Re: The Religion by frank317: 8:05am On May 08, 2013
double
Re: The Religion by frank317: 8:06am On May 08, 2013
Nkiru was in tears when Chidi drove out of the police station. Chidi felt her pain and it hurt him to see her cry. They drove for some seconds in silence.

“Why don’t we do a little digging on our own?” He suggested.

“A little digging? How do you mean? Nkiru asked, dabbing her eyes with her hanky.

“Let’s go to the hospital and ask the staff questions, we could find something useful.”

They approached Modotel Roundabout and he drove straight into Wetheral Road.

“But is that necessary? What do we intend to find there? The police have already swept the area and I don’t think people will willingly give us information knowing we are not cops.”

“We have got nothing to lose. Let’s just keep our mind occupied at the moment instead of going home to do nothing but wait.”

In a few minutes they drove into the hospital compound.

City hospital was a private medical center that was structured for the average citizens of Owerri. It had up to date equipments yet the medical fees was affordable for the citizens of Owerri.

Although both Chidi and Nkiru had never patronized the hospital, they were very much aware of its location. It was popular, partly because it was located in the central part of the city and because most citizens generally preferred going there than any other medical center.

“Please we want to make some inquiries concerning the lady that escaped this hospital yesterday morning… she was supposed to…”

“The mad lady that killed three of our staff?” the receptionist incautiously cut him.

She had a careless physical outlook, even her makeup were done carelessly. She looked like someone who knew she evoked no attention from her observers.

Chidi was glad she did because he didn’t know how else he could describe Adanna without mentioning that she was out of touch with reality. He was sure that such statement would hurt Nkiru.

“Well, I think she is the one we are asking about but…”

“Are you people with the police or are you her relatives?” she asked, cutting his statement short once again.

“I am her sister… we are trying to locate her.” Nkiru quickly said.

“Ha, you will have to see the administrator; I can’t talk to you about it.” She rashly said.

“Please how do we locate the administrator?” Chidi asked politely.

She pointed to a white door by her right hand side without saying a word.

“Thank you, Chidi said and walked with Nkiru towards the office.

They were just about to open the door when the door opened before them. A dark, slime and tall man with middle bald hair came out of the office. He looked like he was busy.

“Hello… can I help you?” he asked as he looked at the curiously and then quickly made to lock his office door.

They waited for him to finish up with the door.

“Good day Sir, I am Chidi and this is Nkiru, we are relatives of the lady that was brought to this hospital on Sunday… for some reasons, she disappeared on Monday morning and is now being accused of killing three staff. We would like to have a word with you on that issue sir.” Chidi politely said, as the man slowly led them to the reception.

He stopped at the reception and took a more critical look at the two. “Her relatives, you said. Well, she left the hospital after which three staff was found dead… although the hospital is yet to confirm that she killed them. Do you have any idea where she could be?”

“We don’t know where she is now sir,” Nkiru put in, “did you say you are not yet sure she was the killer? But the police are of the view that my sister was mentally disturbed and actually committed the murders.”

“That’s what happens when the police can’t do their work. I have information that two guys were after her and that was why she ran away. Only the witnesses refused to talk to the police for fear of being arrested, you know how people keep away from the police in situations like this. Besides, the police are okay with believing that she killed them and are sticking to that. How many times have they even come here since the incident? They are not even taking the matter serious.” He said shaking his head. “You said she was your sister? What’s her mental state like? If I may ask.”

“She left the house on Sunday evening to make her hair in a sound and perfect mental state… I am surprised she is being labeled mentally disturbed.” Nkiru cried.

“Have you been to the police? Were they able to help? What did they say they are doing about the case?” the Administrator asked.

“They said they will visit the case when they have the chance, right now they are busier with Chief Orji’s murder case.” Chidi answered.

“Well, we are waiting for answers, we don’t know where she went to and we are looking unto the same police.” He made to leave. “I have a meeting to attend, perhaps you can come back later and we put our heads together. This incident is giving our hospital a bad publicity; we will definitely like to get over with it. You can call me if you have more questions or any answer. ”

He handed them his complimentary card and left, wondering what might have become of the lady.

They watched him leave.

Nkiru already knew that there was not going to be any favourable outcome from this trip, so she thought.

“So that girl is your sister? Somehow I can actually see the resemblance. Sorry, she looked very nice; I wonder what happened to her. Some people said they saw her running towards that direction,” the receptionist pointed towards the exit left of the hospital. The words were rushing so fast out of her mouth. “Some said they saw three men after her, but there weren’t sure if they were staff or not. I hope you can find her.”

“Thank you very much,” Chidi said as they walked out of the building, “At least we now know that some men were after her and she did not kill anyone… I wonder why they could be after her.” Chidi said, thoughtfully.

After Chidi and Nkiru had left the hospital building into the compound, Chidi suddenly stopped and looked intensely towards the direction the receptionist had pointed.

“Let’s go towards that direction and ask a few people, perhaps they might have seen something.” He moved towards the direction as he spoke.

Nkiru quickly followed behind. She was really glad he was with her.

“I am afraid that those men might have gotten to her. Could they be kidnappers or ritualist? Oh my God” Tears rolled down Nkiru’s eyes as she spoke. She wondered what kind of ordeal her lovely and good sister might have gone through and could still be going through even at this moment.

“We just have to be optimistic, just hope for the best and pray that something good we don’t know might have happened.”
“I am just afraid… why would she be silent for more than 24 hours now?”

They got to a spot which was about fifty meters from the hospital and felt lost. Chidi didn’t know if they should go further or ask people around the spot they were on.

Nkiru saw a beggar a few meters from them, “Why don’t we ask that man over there,” she said, pointing to the beggar.
They walked up to him and Chidi brought out two hundred naira note and gave it to him.

The beggar collected it and looked at them suspiciously as they didn’t make any move to leave.
“Oga, please we want to ask you something.” Nkiru said.

“Ok,” the beggar replied.

He seemed willing to help, Nkiru thought, “I am looking for my sister, she ran through this way on Monday morning and it seemed some men were after her. Did you by chance notice anything like that on Monday?” she asked, hoping that he was actually here on Monday. Sometimes, these people move around.

The man nodded his head in agreement, “I saw her, she got into my friend’s big ash coloured Toyota bus and they drove away… the men couldn’t get her.

Nkiru’s heart started to beat faster, she couldn’t believe her ears. What was this very unkempt man saying?

“Your friend? Do you know the man with the big car?” Chidi asked as all hopes began to rise.

“He comes here every day with his car and stares at that building,” the beggar said as he pointed towards Omenka plaza that housed Benson’s office. He was hoping that this information might earn him more money. Perhaps they have more in their pocket to spare. “He is my friend because he always gives me some money.”

“Why does he come here every day? Does he wait for someone?” Chidi asked. He was afraid that the car Adanna might have entered might have been her abductor’s.

“I don’t know… how could I know what he does here? He just watches that building, I think he is following somebody or something. Well, that morning, she came running to his car begging him to help her, claiming that some guys were after her.”

“Did you see them? Did you see the guys?” Chidi asked.

“Off course. Two mean looking guys. They couldn’t reach her because he finally took off with her, leaving the guys visibly unhappy. That is all I know.” He concluded, obviously expecting some token from them.

“Thank you very much.” Nkiru said, feeling that her sister might be safe after all. “But if the car comes here every day… do you happen to have the car plate number?”

The man hesitated.

“Please, I will be glad if you help me. The girl in question is my only sister, I have been through a lot of pain searching for her and praying she comes home. I will really appreciate any help you can render.” Nkiru pleaded.

“I memorized the number, I always play with it in my mind whenever it comes here by comparing it with other numbers… you know, out of boredom.”

Nkiru dipped her hand in her purse and brought out a small jotter and a pen. She wrote down the number as the beggar called it from his memory.

2 Likes

Re: The Religion by frank317: 8:07am On May 08, 2013
Benson had been in his office all morning. His meeting with Hon. Iwu had been set up by two. They meant to meet by 12pm as earlier planned, but the Honourable member had shifted it with excuse that he wouldn’t be free by then. It was shifted to 2pm, venue: Owerri Hotel Suit along Port Harcourt road.

The big barrister decided to do some paper work before then. He had deliberately cancelled all other meetings, knowing how important this particular meeting was to the family.

He was glad Emeka and Joe had tied all lose ends and nothing could point to the family as the murderers of Chief Orji, the best the police can do was to assume they are suspects, but would never find them guilty. His duty was to ensure it remains like that and nothing more.

Sources from the police force had already confirmed that they were nothing but suspects and there wasn’t enough evidence to even bring any of the family members in. That was funny, the whole police force were clowns. None of them understood the law, just a bunch of zombies as the late Fela Kuti would call them.

Soon the family would be in so much money. The drug deal proposed by Hon. Iwu looked promising; the man sure had contacts and has seen the Omenka family as reliable people that could help him execute the deal. They had proven it by doing away with that pest called Orji.

Now he was ready to give them the detail. Benson was optimistic at this stage because Iwu had promised that the deal would go through just as long as Orji was out of the picture.

Soon everybody will be happy.

The sound of his mobile phone interrupted his thought.

“I am heading there now; I guess you should start coming too.”

“Okay, I am on my way.” Benson dropped the phone and quickly left the office. He intended to reach there before the Iwu. He was determined to give him the impression that he was a serious business minded barrister.

He got into his E-class and drove off. And he was too excited to notice a white Sedan follow him behind.

1 Like

Re: The Religion by frank317: 8:09am On May 08, 2013
Chinedu and Jack had been waiting for the barrister since noon. They had ensured that he was in his office before waiting. The afternoon sun didn’t make staying in the car easy but they waited all the same. The man will not know what hit him.

“How do we do it? Shoot him or hit him with our car and run.” Chinedu had asked, opening up discussion while they waited.

“We will beat him to death; I mean break his skull with our hammer.” He has always hated the Omenkas mainly because they had always acted like Owerri was theirs. Jack was going to show the fat rich fool that they were nothing but ordinary humans who didn’t even know their main purpose of being on earth. They haven’t even discovered that they were gods who were meant to have their own universe in the world beyond. Life wasn’t all about drinking, partying and oppression, Jack thought. Those who didn’t know this were fools, likewise the Omenka’s. Well, they were going to take their loving Barrister’s life, they were going to give him the opportunity to reincarnate back into this world as an ordinary person, hopefully he will discover his purpose in life then.

“That means we have to watch him until he is alone, that might take longer than necessary. Remember that Priest will be anxiously waiting,” Chinedu said.

“Patience brother, patience, we will get him alone. Let’s just follow him. Just get the note ready, we wouldn’t want to delay after he is dead.

The opportunity to strike presented itself when Benson drove into the parking lot of the Hotel. It seemed as if the hot afternoon sun had made everyone stay indoors.

They slowly followed him behind as he carefully looked for a space to park his luxurious car. As he made his car comfortable in an open space and opened his car to come out, Chinedu and Jack quickly came out of their car with a very big hammer.

Benson didn’t even get the chance to look at the faces of his killers.

Jack hit him three times on his head with the large hammer, breaking the big skull with the second him. The third hit shattered it. Chinedu stuffed a piece of paper in him mouth before they left the scene.

The operation didn’t take them more than two minutes and they were gone.

Nobody saw them.

Benson’s body was left on the floor of the parking lot with the door of his E-class opened. Soon his mobile phone started to ring as if singing a funeral song for him.

5 Likes

Re: The Religion by Nobody: 9:00am On May 08, 2013
frank3.16:

easy there on the lady, she is speaking for me remember...

@Candis, pls do me a favour and ignore the above... thankss.
For ur sake Frank,i pretend not to see it.
Re: The Religion by iebanehita(m): 11:19am On May 08, 2013
Candis009: For ur sake Frank,i pretend not to see it.

Better..!!
Re: The Religion by iebanehita(m): 11:20am On May 08, 2013
Thanks for the response..@Frank..
Re: The Religion by Nobody: 11:57am On May 08, 2013
Tanx 4 d update,ds s getin more interestin,give us moooreee...
Re: The Religion by frank317: 11:57am On May 08, 2013
iebanehita:

Better..!!

now that wasnt even necessary, remember u would have used that effort in telling me what u think about my update so far.. the response here is scanty and honestly u guys are not motivating me... can somebody please point out what i am doing wrong? remember i want to be a better writer and ur silence weather positive or negative is not helping me (even though u owe me no obligation

1 Like

Re: The Religion by frank317: 11:59am On May 08, 2013
Candis009: Tanx 4 d update,ds s getin more interestin,give us moooreee...

thanks babe... it seems i have to buckle up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Collins Oscar Wedding Dress (Pictures) / My Childhood Life With My Spoilt Neighbours- SEASON 2 / Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.