Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,445 members, 7,823,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

How Do You Cope Living With A Hot Tempered Person In The Same Room? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Cope Living With A Hot Tempered Person In The Same Room? (2632 Views)

Help! My Wife Won't Sleep In The Same Room With Me / Hot Tempered Married Man!i Want To Run Away / Bearded Ladies, How Do You Cope? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Cope Living With A Hot Tempered Person In The Same Room? by Cheks01(f): 10:34am On Apr 29, 2013
?
Re: How Do You Cope Living With A Hot Tempered Person In The Same Room? by Cheks01(f): 10:38am On Apr 29, 2013
?
Re: How Do You Cope Living With A Hot Tempered Person In The Same Room? by Gratia(f): 10:43am On Apr 29, 2013
Are u married to her or something?
Re: How Do You Cope Living With A Hot Tempered Person In The Same Room? by biolabee(m): 10:45am On Apr 29, 2013
The companion of an angry person will be angry also

Don't let it get to you
Be positive yet be assertive on your principles where your values are trampled upon

Remember though humans are different and this person may really be frustrated

You can be more specific though so we can give more relevant advice
Re: How Do You Cope Living With A Hot Tempered Person In The Same Room? by taryour(f): 11:04am On Apr 29, 2013
Cheks01: Pls I need some advice on ds or has any1 been same situation hw did u manage t

Yes I have been in your shoes n I must tell u it wasn't an easy game at all but at the end of it all her bad temper changed cause I realy dealt her the taste of her own bile, I can be very wicked n nasty if I want to be (I have a bad anger too) n I can b quiet n pretend as long as I want to be.

Back in school days my room mate was worse than bad tempered,but I kept my cool all d while cause if I dint,blood would have spilled. Each time she gets on a ranting and anger I would just turn on d music to d loudest volume to over ride her voice or listen to loud music on my fone with my earphone stucked in my ears and she could go on and damage all she likes in the room as long as she dosnt touch mine, at times I just leave the door opened for neighbors and passer by to see her foolish display while I just take a sit and quitely sit outside n smile, people tought she was nuts and she thought I was a dunce that she was bullying, my neighbors know her well and just beg me not to fight her. This went on for months and I always told her one day I would teach her a lesson and the day eventually came.

I was writing my exams and left home in a hurry,forgot to luck the windows, rain fell got into d room though not much, she was so angry and started her usual game. I apologized cause I knew iwas wrong but she wouldn't have that,next thin she started throwing out my things in a room we both paid for, that realy got me angry. I pushed her in,looked d room and kept d keys in my jean pocket and we got violent,I really dealt with her o,I broke a plate on her head and almost strangled her before my neighbors broke d door in.
Yes no one blamed me cause they her too well but I felt realy bad cause I had learnt to control my anger over d years. From that day henceforth she has realy changed and her sis and friends keep asking me how it happend.
Today we are best of friends again even after marriage and kids.

Sorry my story is long.
Re: How Do You Cope Living With A Hot Tempered Person In The Same Room? by biolabee(m): 11:18am On Apr 29, 2013
Woo... @taryour that was some ish
Lucky the violence did not have more consequences

I will only advocate physical violence as a last resort for which I guess you were in..that lady was really something else

OP, please avoid violence to the best of your ability

It can only lead to more escalation
Re: How Do You Cope Living With A Hot Tempered Person In The Same Room? by taryour(f): 11:36am On Apr 29, 2013
biolabee: Woo... @taryour that was some ish
Lucky the violence did not have more consequences

I will only advocate physical violence as a last resort for which I guess you were in..that lady was really something else

OP, please avoid violence to the best of your ability

It can only lead to more escalation

Yes oo you are very right,I just kept thanking God she dint collapse before they broke d door in, I cried later in the night and apologized to her. I tell you this lady is so insultive not minding that I was older than her o. In fact a male friend of her actually told me I did a good job and I needed to see her in class after that event,though I was glad I made an impact I regretted I went overboard with my anger. She later apologized too for her past deed and asked why always kept quite for her.

I simply told her Getting angry not being able to control your anger makes you look mad and a bigger fool than the person attacking you.
Re: How Do You Cope Living With A Hot Tempered Person In The Same Room? by biolabee(m): 11:49am On Apr 29, 2013
Eh yah.. Pele
She really must have pushed the final button lol

From time I've always learned to fear quiet people
Once they go off na wire smiley

But it's good it ended well
grin cheesy

OP... Where are you
Can you give us more info on your situation
Re: How Do You Cope Living With A Hot Tempered Person In The Same Room? by Cheks01(f): 1:43pm On Apr 29, 2013
@biolabee tnks 4 ur advice, @taryo emm js cldnt stop laughin @ ur story bt sure learnt som stuffs 4rm t, tnx. We r room mates as well in my place of primary assign(corpers). I js let go most times knowin we ll soon go our separate ways
Re: How Do You Cope Living With A Hot Tempered Person In The Same Room? by Cheks01(f): 1:53pm On Apr 29, 2013
?
Re: How Do You Cope Living With A Hot Tempered Person In The Same Room? by dasparrow: 9:56pm On Apr 29, 2013
Cheks01: I live in same room wit such a person, n d experience havent been funny. She gets angry over nothing n t hurts me a lot. Ppl 1da @ times hw I cope wit her. I v come 2 realiz dt wen two ppl r livin 2geda 4 peace 2 exist one must dance 2 d tone of d other, even tho ts hard.

You see, I don't have that problem because my home is my sanctuary where God and peace reigns. Aggressive souls are never welcome into my home and if I were to share my space with a so-called roommate, then it has to be with a really mild tempered individual. Personally, I don't like shared living arrangements. Next time, watch whom you choose to share your space with because over familiarity they say breeds contempt.

(1) (Reply)

Is Anything Wrong With Me? / I Am Dying Slowly, I Need Help Seriously / Best wedding pics and video. Natural

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.