Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,833 members, 7,824,465 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

A “SEW ALONG” THREAD For Sewing Enthusiasts/Tailors/Fashion Designers:DECEMBER - Fashion (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / A “SEW ALONG” THREAD For Sewing Enthusiasts/Tailors/Fashion Designers:DECEMBER (148205 Views)

Looking For Styles To Sew Check In Here / DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along / That's Sew Naija! - Fashion Designers,tailors,accessory/jewelry Makers, Join In! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A “SEW ALONG” THREAD For Sewing Enthusiasts/Tailors/Fashion Designers:DECEMBER by yodiyokun(f): 10:01pm On Jun 28, 2014
Oonari gone too soon. Though I never knew you but you impacted me and rekindled my love for sewing.
Bless you and I hope you rest in the bossom of our Lord.
Re: A “SEW ALONG” THREAD For Sewing Enthusiasts/Tailors/Fashion Designers:DECEMBER by Bimther: 12:04am On Jun 30, 2014
hummm. Such a pity
Re: A “SEW ALONG” THREAD For Sewing Enthusiasts/Tailors/Fashion Designers:DECEMBER by mona83(f): 7:43am On Jul 06, 2014
Hello Ladies!

I"ll be showcasing designs from my Ready-To-Wear label : O'Kett!!!, today at The Banquet Hall of Sheraton Hotel and Towers, Ikeja, Lagos.
There will also be a few other designers doing same.
You are all cordially invited.

Please visit clifecentre.com/fashionshow to register for the event.

Thanks.

O'Kett Designs.

Re: A “SEW ALONG” THREAD For Sewing Enthusiasts/Tailors/Fashion Designers:DECEMBER by EFOSAVAL(f): 9:03am On Jul 06, 2014
Oh dear wish this was posted earlier would have made plans.............pls how much is ticket to the event.? Just incase I am done with my previous appointment so I can still come.
Re: A “SEW ALONG” THREAD For Sewing Enthusiasts/Tailors/Fashion Designers:DECEMBER by mona83(f): 3:49pm On Jul 09, 2014
EFOSAVAL: Oh dear wish this was posted earlier would have made plans.............pls how much is ticket to the event.? Just incase I am done with my previous appointment so I can still come.

So sorry.
I just saw your reply.
It was actually free to attend.
I'll post pictures from the event when my photograher sends them.

Thanks for the interest.
I didn't know this much was going on in NairaLand, oh!
Well done!
Re: A “SEW ALONG” THREAD For Sewing Enthusiasts/Tailors/Fashion Designers:DECEMBER by EFOSAVAL(f): 3:13pm On Jul 29, 2014
Oh thanks so much sis.really appreciate. wink

[size=18pt] I really miss you Onarri. If only words could bring you back.sleep on my dear friend.[/size] cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: A “SEW ALONG” THREAD For Sewing Enthusiasts/Tailors/Fashion Designers:DECEMBER by BHM01: 6:15pm On Jul 31, 2014
Pls, wat happened to Onarri and when OMG! I jst opened the last page 2day. Jst too bad
Re: A “SEW ALONG” THREAD For Sewing Enthusiasts/Tailors/Fashion Designers:DECEMBER by babybird82(f): 12:28pm On Aug 28, 2014
It breaks my heart to know that a very energetic and enthusiastic lady will just be snatched away by the cold hands of death. I just stumbled across this thread sometime last month and started following it. I was wondering why there were no more posts until i saw the last comments. I never even knew you, never even know how you passed on but i am sure you are in the bossom of our good Lord.

May you continue to rest in perfect peace dear Onarri.
Re: A “SEW ALONG” THREAD For Sewing Enthusiasts/Tailors/Fashion Designers:DECEMBER by CuteXclaim(f): 11:59pm On Aug 28, 2014
What! This life is so cruel. It's been a while I opened this thread, only to do so now and saw gone too soon on Onari. This is so painful, so painful, my God when did this happened. Onari may your gentle soul rest in peace.
Re: A “SEW ALONG” THREAD For Sewing Enthusiasts/Tailors/Fashion Designers:DECEMBER by maki(f): 11:56am On Sep 02, 2014
Fairly used adjustable body forms and full figured mannequins are up for sale in Lagos....Contact Makioba 08033090968
Re: A “SEW ALONG” THREAD For Sewing Enthusiasts/Tailors/Fashion Designers:DECEMBER by LCDD: 6:56am On Sep 03, 2014
CuteXclaim: What! This life is so cruel. It's been a while I opened this thread, only to do so now and saw gone too soon on Onari. This is so painful, so painful, my God when did this happened. Onari may your gentle soul rest in peace.

Nawaoo! May her gentle soul rest in peace, amen.
Re: A “SEW ALONG” THREAD For Sewing Enthusiasts/Tailors/Fashion Designers:DECEMBER by leemarhsparkz(f): 2:04pm On Sep 03, 2014
Ya Allah..i pray you grant her aljanat firdaus!...i was a quiet follower of this thread its so sad that onari z gone!....she has impacted positively in so many lives through this thread....mayALLAH grant her paradise..forgive her sins n make her rest in perfect peace!..Aameen

1 Like

Re: A “SEW ALONG” THREAD For Sewing Enthusiasts/Tailors/Fashion Designers:DECEMBER by maki(f): 9:10am On Sep 05, 2014
Fairly used adjustable bodyforms for bespoke tailoring and dreaping and full figured window display mannequins are up for sale.... Call 08033090968 for more info

Re: A “SEW ALONG” THREAD For Sewing Enthusiasts/Tailors/Fashion Designers:DECEMBER by winie(f): 2:56am On Sep 23, 2014
I am one of those greatly impacted by this thread. I stumbled upon thiss thread not so long ago, and was rushing to finish it so that I could say weldon to Onari, alas! So so sad. Onari, onari, Onari, may your magnanimous soul rest in the bosom of our heavenly Father in Jesus name amen. @ Efosa Val, can you continnue where she stopped in honour of this lady? I think we owe it to her.
Re: A “SEW ALONG” THREAD For Sewing Enthusiasts/Tailors/Fashion Designers:DECEMBER by EFOSAVAL(f): 8:10am On Sep 23, 2014
winie: I am one of those greatly impacted by this thread. I stumbled upon thiss thread not so long ago, and was rushing to finish it so that I could say weldon to Onari, alas! So so sad. Onari, onari, Onari, may your magnanimous soul rest in the bosom of our heavenly Father in Jesus name amen. @ Efosa Val, can you continnue where she stopped in honour of this lady? I think we owe it to her.

winkwould really love to.....but even my "let's sew for fun thread I don't post in as regularly as I want to because of my supper busy schedule. But at least there is a guarantee that some how I eventually I will post there.so my advice is you follow that one coz it's more likely I will post on it.

really do appreciate all ornarri's effort here for us coz she made this a possibility may she rest in peace. I was planning to visit her in Benni for us to arrange a seminar in lagos and Benni so as to encourage young fashion designers .

God knows how pained I felt when I heard the news of her passing.but well the plans are still there and if God says it will still happen then it will.

As for teaching on this thread I really wish I could but like I said it's time that's my only problem. Please kindly join the let's sew for fun thread.

I miss you ornarri. RIP dear.u did so much for me without meeting me face to face.that to me is what I call being selfless.its no wonder we still cry for you even after months.

7 Likes

Re: A “SEW ALONG” THREAD For Sewing Enthusiasts/Tailors/Fashion Designers:DECEMBER by winie(f): 12:35pm On Sep 24, 2014
GOD bless you dear, I will do just that. I didn't know Onari personally, yet I know she had a big heart.
EFOSAVAL:

winkwould really love to.....but even my "let's sew for fun thread I don't post in as regularly as I want to because of my supper busy schedule. But at least there is a guarantee that some how I eventually I will post there.so my advice is you follow that one coz it's more likely I will post on it.

really do appreciate all ornarri's effort here for us coz she made this a possibility may she rest in peace. I was planning to visit her in Benni for us to arrange a seminar in lagos and Benni so as to encourage young fashion designers .

God knows how pained I felt when I heard the news of her passing.but well the plans are still there and if God says it will still happen then it will.

As for teaching on this thread I really wish I could but like I said it's time that's my only problem. Please kindly join the let's sew for fun thread.

I miss you ornarri. RIP dear.u did so much for me without meeting me face to face.that to me is what I call being selfless.its no wonder we still cry for you even after months.
Re: A “SEW ALONG” THREAD For Sewing Enthusiasts/Tailors/Fashion Designers:DECEMBER by omaimoje(f): 4:27pm On Sep 26, 2014
R.I.P onari
Re: A “SEW ALONG” THREAD For Sewing Enthusiasts/Tailors/Fashion Designers:DECEMBER by Kemmy06(f): 12:17pm On Oct 08, 2014
may soul rest in peace

1 Like

Re: A “SEW ALONG” THREAD For Sewing Enthusiasts/Tailors/Fashion Designers:DECEMBER by Kemmy06(f): 2:23pm On Oct 09, 2014
RIP
winie:
GOD bless you dear, I will do just that. I didn't know Onari personally, yet I know she had a big heart.
Re: A “SEW ALONG” THREAD For Sewing Enthusiasts/Tailors/Fashion Designers:DECEMBER by chinamims(f): 7:52am On Oct 15, 2014
Hello ladies, I'm inspired by all dis works, so sorry we lost a lady on this thread, may her good soul rest in peace. I need a clue on ow to make a baba or oleku, I don't sew, I wanna try something by myself. Please some one should help me please. Thanks.
Re: A “SEW ALONG” THREAD For Sewing Enthusiasts/Tailors/Fashion Designers:DECEMBER by ECSpee(f): 1:09pm On Oct 16, 2014
Hmmm....Onnari, the news of ur death is shocking!.you tutored me via the social media without meeting me in person..I had thought of coming over to u in Benin in order to see the big hearted angel...until it was all "silence" I could hear...I fondly called u onnari "duke"..u will forever live in my heart! u were a rare kind, U were selfless!...Goodnight Onnari!..God bless your eternal rest!

3 Likes

Re: A “SEW ALONG” THREAD For Sewing Enthusiasts/Tailors/Fashion Designers:DECEMBER by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 13, 2014
cry cry cry cry cry
Re: A “SEW ALONG” THREAD For Sewing Enthusiasts/Tailors/Fashion Designers:DECEMBER by CuteXclaim(f): 12:33am On Nov 24, 2014
Each time I open this page I cry and feel pain in my heart. How could people like Onari go too soon. Onari I don't think I will ever stop mourning you. Though we did not meet face to face, but as long as this thread is still on Nairaland, you live on. As long as people you tutored on this thread still live with d knowledge, Onari you live on.

2 Likes

Re: A “SEW ALONG” THREAD For Sewing Enthusiasts/Tailors/Fashion Designers:DECEMBER by charispersnifid: 7:14am On Nov 24, 2014
R.I.P Onnari
Re: A “SEW ALONG” THREAD For Sewing Enthusiasts/Tailors/Fashion Designers:DECEMBER by joyce01(f): 6:44pm On Dec 02, 2014
Gosh! I feel pain. RIP Onarri cry
Re: A “SEW ALONG” THREAD For Sewing Enthusiasts/Tailors/Fashion Designers:DECEMBER by Lilimax(f): 9:14pm On Dec 16, 2014
I stumbled on this thread once again . Continue to rest in perfect peace Onari cry
Re: A “SEW ALONG” THREAD For Sewing Enthusiasts/Tailors/Fashion Designers:DECEMBER by oduamine: 9:57am On Dec 17, 2014
onnari will definitely be missed but please can someone continue from where she stopped because she wouldnt want the thread to die just like that
Re: A “SEW ALONG” THREAD For Sewing Enthusiasts/Tailors/Fashion Designers:DECEMBER by tenajtek(f): 5:28am On Jan 06, 2015
Stumbled on this thread and continued reading and enjoying the post of the originator not knowing she was no more. Onari you were great because your work testifies of your greatness even in your absence. Rest on peace!!
Re: A “SEW ALONG” THREAD For Sewing Enthusiasts/Tailors/Fashion Designers:DECEMBER by abisolaarshow(f): 12:55pm On Feb 12, 2015
to imagine i even sent her a message to hook me up for training before i saw rip. This is really sad. I can only pray that she would be among the jouyous on the last day.
Re: A “SEW ALONG” THREAD For Sewing Enthusiasts/Tailors/Fashion Designers:DECEMBER by MymothersKeeper(f): 3:04pm On Feb 18, 2015
Professional Dressmakers needed to join a clothing line company. The parent company Aqua by Aqua a UK celebrity cotoure company is expanding a high fashion line in Nigeria . Applicants preferred will have experience in making designer couture & apparel because the materials and techniques are different from basic dressmaking. Therefore, if you are confident in your abilities please email verytee01@outlook.com
Contract Type : Seasonal (spring / summer, Fall / prefall collection, autumn, beach wear etc)
Email with helpful details .
Ciao & good luck
Re: A “SEW ALONG” THREAD For Sewing Enthusiasts/Tailors/Fashion Designers:DECEMBER by kemesty(f): 5:17pm On Mar 27, 2015
Good day everyone. It's with a deep sense of loss that we have lost someone so dear to us and our consolation is that she is resting in the bosom of the Lord.
As some of us have suggested, i would want to take up the task of continuing our sewing tutorials voluntarily on this thread. I personally benefitted a lot from this selfless lady. May her soul rest in perfect peace. Amen
So if you are game, please indicate by dropping a comment.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply)

Lingerie! A Must Have! / Sonam Kapoor Style Diva / Black Women Rocking Their Natural Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.