Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

The Change Of Name By Colonial Missionaries was a fraud. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Change Of Name By Colonial Missionaries was a fraud. (504 Views)

Why Did Christian Missionaries Claim That The Panare Indians Killed Jesus? / King Leopold's Letter To The Christian Missionaries.an Interesting Read / Letter from King Leopold II of Belgium to Colonial Missionaries, 1883 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Change Of Name By Colonial Missionaries was a fraud. by kufre2010: 5:56pm On Apr 29, 2013
A name is a word or a term use for identification.­ If u are in UK and u heard somebody being called ;Ikechukwu, what wil come into your mind is that the person is a Nigerian because Ikechukwu is a Nigeria name. The same thing will happen if somebody is being called ;Smart Fork, u will think he is a Briton or an American. After the religious invassion the invassioners were engaged in the business of changing Africans names. They decieves our forefathers that God do not like African names. I wonder why God that gave us our languages wil not like our native names. Fellow Africans lets carry our African identity, lets bear and give our children African names because it is our heritage, it is our identity. Changing of names was part of the manipulations.
Re: The Change Of Name By Colonial Missionaries was a fraud. by alfaman2: 6:05pm On Apr 29, 2013
I think paul and james are jewish names given to the chosen people of god.
jesus did not have african disciples so no olumidelegun amongst the saints.

who will you worship? the god of david or the god of olukoya?
the lion of the tribe of judah or the lion of the tribe of ofonnagbuo?
should you adore mary the mother of god or mgbekeolisa the mother of god?
should we bow down to the god of abraham, isaac and jacob or to the god of olatunji, chidimma and badamosi?

think well before you chose. slave.
Re: The Change Of Name By Colonial Missionaries was a fraud. by Nobody: 6:35pm On Apr 29, 2013
Hi Kufre,

It might interest you to know that some persons received baptism with their native names...I know of some persons who did this actually.
Re: The Change Of Name By Colonial Missionaries was a fraud. by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 29, 2013
striktlymi: Hi Kufre,

It might interest you to know that some persons received baptism with their native names...I know of some persons who did this actually.

Yeah, I did. I have two Igbo names. No English name. grin
Re: The Change Of Name By Colonial Missionaries was a fraud. by kufre2010: 8:59pm On Jul 01, 2013
alfaman2: I think paul and james are jewish names given to the chosen people of god.
jesus did not have african disciples so no olumidelegun amongst the saints.

who will you worship? the god of david or the god of olukoya?
the lion of the tribe of judah or the lion of the tribe of ofonnagbuo?
should you adore mary the mother of god or mgbekeolisa the mother of god?
should we bow down to the god of abraham, isaac and jacob or to the god of olatunji, chidimma and badamosi?

think well before you chose. slave.
look who is a slave here. Is it not you who is a servant of the slave master who does what so ever they ask you to do? Don't it occur to u that as an African they are robbing you of your identity? Is it not God that created ur local dialect and that same God wil not like ur dialect name? Can't u understand the fraud ? So if japanese bring buddaism today u wil start bearing Japanese name abi.

(1) (Reply)

Racing For The Tape / Every Christian Can Cast Out Demons – That Includes You. / Sharia In The Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.