Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,670 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria (42486 Views)

China Builds First 600-feet High, Glass-bottomed Bridge In The World (photos) / Former Lagos Governor Fashola In Mecca (Photo) / N29billion Lagos Suspension Bridge Is A Huge Fraud!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by stebell(m): 10:16am On Apr 30, 2013
Kennyblues: Lagos State Governor, Babatunde has finished building the first suspension bridge in
Nigeria. The 1.358km bridge, which will link Ikoyi (Alexander Street) to Lekki (Admiralty Way), cost about N29 billion to build and a toll will be collected to recoup the investment. The

http://sturvs.com.ng/1044866/governor-fashola-builds-first-suspension-bridge-in-nigeria/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook
My broda try find out de meaning of suspension/suspended bridge. Look for a structural/civil engr text book and ckeck up de meaning. Don't deceive peeps here.
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by Bsmartt(m): 10:23am On Apr 30, 2013
let us consider this giant stride as a challenge to other governors and probably our otu-oke man.instead of politicizing and ethnicizing this great development.NAIJA WAKE-UP!
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by Bsmartt(m): 10:24am On Apr 30, 2013
let us consider this giant stride as a challenge to other governors and probably our otu-oke man.instead of politicizing and ethnicizing this great development.NAIJA WAKE-UP!
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by twilliamx(m): 10:31am On Apr 30, 2013
naptu2:

Okota Link Bridge?

And no toll...and yet they complain and keep shouting mainland. Na by force 2 pass d bridge from lekki 2 ikoyi, other routes no dey there and besides na rch man area and they can afford it. I have been to many nook and cranny of this state due to my job, and places u don't even know exist, lagos state is there doing road or proper drainage, from core badagry, 2 pedro shomolu, 2 ayobo, 2 ejigbo and areas I can't even pronounce...
Give this man some props...daft heads.. Nice one naptu2..educate this dumb peeps

3 Likes

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by mapet: 10:31am On Apr 30, 2013
1. I have been on PREST LUNCH CRUISE and we did pass under the bridge to u-turn shortly before the dridge that links Bonny Camp; which obviously was too low for the Prest Boat. But I confirm, PREST, the biggest cruise boat around in Lagos can conveniently pass under the bridge

2. I lived in Ikorodu for 8yrs (moved out mid 2011). I used to take ferries to VI, dropping off at Addax @ Ozumba. Ferries pass under the bridge quit easily even when construction was at its peak, it did not disturb flow of water traffic
naptu2:

About the boat thing

1) Like I said, I've seen Otedola's yacht, Prest Lunch Cruise and SeaCat sail under this bridge (with my own eyes). These are the largest boats in Lagos.

2) It's not just about the height of this bridge. Before you get to this section of Five Cowry Creek, you must sail under Onikan and Five Cowry (Falomo) bridges. Even if you are coming from the other direction (Lagos Lagoon), you must sail under Eko, Carter and Third Mainland Bridges. Any boat that can sail under these bridges can sail under the Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge.
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by rotech77: 10:32am On Apr 30, 2013
Wow lagos is working....
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by rubyno(m): 10:32am On Apr 30, 2013
IGBO-SON:
Nice one! Though i think your thread title could do with a little tweaking, as Fashola didn't build anything (he'd have to be Superman to perform such a feat)......he signed the contract papers for Julius Berger to build it using Lagos tax payers money.
Nna meh, don't make me hv d slightest thought of you being a bush goat. Don't other state governors collect tax? What do dey do with our money? Appreciate good things and good things will follow you. Stop affirming and criticizing. Ifono

3 Likes

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by davades(m): 10:32am On Apr 30, 2013
redsun: Things should be seen fundamentally.City building starts from the basics to the sumptuous.The romans or the egyptians used the aquaeducts to supply their cities with safe useable and drinkable water.But in 21st century nigeria,half of city dwellers still can't get useable and drinkable water without enormous fuss and life threatening diseases. And in the same city,the marvel and height of bridge building technology and knowhow is being showcased,just because they can simply pay oyinbos enormously to come and mount it,while the people still lack the basics.

Brother sun, how many people complained abt water in Lagos ?
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by mapet: 10:34am On Apr 30, 2013
esere826:

Great
If you've seen those boats meander past the bridge in low tides and high tides
then the commitee of NL engineers (with all objectivity) hereby declare the bridge a suspension bridge at some parts
for indeed having some utility

Apparently, the available pix's are quite deceptful

"Deceptfully" explain what that means??
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by Evestar200(f): 10:37am On Apr 30, 2013
Hmmm! Yoruba pple can quick attack odas wey dy oppose dem,,bt wait o na every body were here na come 4rm lagos? No ekiti,,ondo,,osun,,ogun and ibadan 4 here? All of una just dy claim lagos 4getting d real ghettos wey una come 4rm 4 d remaining southwest states,,,
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by Two4Two(m): 10:39am On Apr 30, 2013
Wise up people this is not suspension bridge this is like any other bridge we have in Nigeria, that pillar and the railings you see on the background is just designs. If you cut off the extended pillar the bridge will still remain. If you call this suspension bridge, what will you call the one in San Francisco, Akashi kaikyo
bridge in kobe Japan, Xihoumen bridge in China Runyan bridge China etc.
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by Ehizze(m): 10:43am On Apr 30, 2013
Young man u r definately a learner! Gov Fash is d authority, visioneer and financer behind d project n damm right is d builder! That offcourse is not in literary terms, cos it does nt mean he used his hands physically 2 erect d said bridge.. Young man, who do u say built his house (building), ur father or d bricklayer..? Put sense 4 ur head my friend no dey form sabi..

2 Likes

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by AKO1(m): 10:47am On Apr 30, 2013
I heaved such a huge sigh of relief after reading from the first line that the bridge is actually completed. Not another pre-election promise or agenda item. Kudos to Fashola

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by addey(m): 10:54am On Apr 30, 2013
IGBO-SON:
Nice one! Though i think your thread title could do with a little tweaking, as Fashola didn't build anything (he'd have to be Superman to perf orm such a feat)......he signed the contract papers for Julius Berger to build it using Lagos tax payers money.

Fool what has your brothers done since they have been in Government.

The length of this bridge is more than Onistha bridge but you people are still waiting for the FG.

ODE

3 Likes

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by 2jideofor(m): 10:58am On Apr 30, 2013
Where are they?
IGBO-SON:

^^^You need to quit getting so emotional all the time.....not good for your BP mate. Abi you no see where due credit was given in my previous post?

And where do you come off thinking other Governors and GEJ aren't signing contract papers as well?; you're acting so defensive/possessive with that statement.
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by fr3do(m): 11:00am On Apr 30, 2013
eko ilee:

If educating yourself about suspension bridge is what you desire, don't be lazy, get on Google and satisfy your urge. You don't have to derail the thread with your suspension bridge ignorance....

and u derailed further with ur hate and intolerance...

Fashola thumbs up
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by dammytosh: 11:01am On Apr 30, 2013
Kennyblues: Lagos State Governor, Babatunde has finished building the first suspension bridge in
Nigeria. The 1.358km bridge, which will link Ikoyi (Alexander Street) to Lekki (Admiralty Way), cost about N29 billion to build and a toll will be collected to recoup the investment. The

http://sturvs.com.ng/1044866/governor-fashola-builds-first-suspension-bridge-in-nigeria/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

What type of useless Government builds 1.358km of bridge for 29Billion naira. $180million +. Jesus Christ !!!! shocked shocked shocked

And reason why i fear voting for APC abi na OPC is the fact that all basic ammenities provided would be tolled. After all these tax ?

Unfortunately , there is no hope as the Government in Abuja is clueless and lacks direction.

Prosterity will judge all these Leaders and sycophant and ignorant followers. sad cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by Angel778(f): 11:05am On Apr 30, 2013
shymexx: ^^^^How come GEJ and other governors aren't signing the same papers?

Are they amputees?

Just give credit where it's due, or ignore the darn thread... undecided undecided
God bless u man!
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by fr3do(m): 11:06am On Apr 30, 2013
Whats the stress with differentiating between building a structure and signing papers for it.

If signing paper is that easy why hasn't my honourable gov. Uduaghan signed many papers.

Fyi i'm delta igbo
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by Delafruita(m): 11:06am On Apr 30, 2013
Two4Two: Wise up people this is not suspension bridge this is like any other bridge we have in Nigeria, that pillar and the railings you see on the background is just designs. If you cut off the extended pillar the bridge will still remain. If you call this suspension bridge, what will you call the one in San Francisco, Akashi kaikyo

its amazing how people think.do you expect an exact replica?cant we construct our own suspension bridge in a way that takes into account our own requirements?
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by Silvawazza(m): 11:08am On Apr 30, 2013
The bridge is called lekki by pass.
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by davades(m): 11:11am On Apr 30, 2013
Evestar200: Hmmm! Yoruba pple can quick attack odas wey dy oppose dem,,bt wait o na every body were here na come 4rm lagos? No ekiti,,ondo,,osun,,ogun and ibadan 4 here? All of una just dy claim lagos 4getting d real ghettos wey una come 4rm 4 d remaining southwest states,,,

Madam, we talk say Amosun build bridge for Ogun ur people talk say dt one no be development now this u still talk say no be everybody come from Lagos. That shows u that southwest is united! So go sidon

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by donLEXY(m): 11:11am On Apr 30, 2013
Two4Two: Wise up people this is not suspension bridge this is like any other bridge we have in Nigeria, that pillar and the railings you see on the background is just designs. If you cut off the extended pillar the bridge will still remain. If you call this suspension bridge, what will you call the one in San Francisco, Akashi kaikyo

When was the last time you visited the ones mentioned above? just be quiet and appreciate something.

quote author=Silvawazza]The bridge is called lekki by pass.[/quote]
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by Itsalphaa(m): 11:15am On Apr 30, 2013
shymexx: Suspension bridges are cheaper and safer than other bridges and they have been in existence since the 15th century... I don't get where the "trying to copy Dubai" thing is coming from...

^^^^That's all you need to know about suspension bridges!! undecided
thnx jare beta person, nt lyk 'someguy' claiming 2 knw wat it is nd even callin anoda a villager. When finally askd had nothing 2 say. Sm ppl ehn
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by rapmike(m): 11:23am On Apr 30, 2013
redsun: Things should be seen fundamentally.City building starts from the basics to the sumptuous.The romans or the egyptians used the aquaeducts to supply their cities with safe useable and drinkable water thousands of years ago.But in 21st century nigeria,half of city dwellers still can't get useable and drinkable water without enormous fuss and life threatening diseases. And in the same city,the marvel and height of bridge building technology and knowhow is being showcased,just because they can simply pay oyinbos enormously to come and mount it,while the people still lack the basics.
true.. u are on point. even though i like fashola and wat he has been doing since, i think he has missed it in that aspect.at least instead of a suspension bridge, he could has bettered the drainages in places that are terrible like ajegunle(if it is still that b4).
but bros, i don't blame him 100%. i remember when he wanted to change lagos around and he had to demolish buildings, a particular town caused some much uproar(magodo or markoko), even to the extent that their town head died. i guess he won't be trying anything beneficial after that
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by rapmike(m): 11:24am On Apr 30, 2013
it good[b] BUT PLEASE LAGOSIANS AND NIGERIANS, MAINTAIN IT OOOOO[/b] angry angry angry
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by jpphilips(m): 11:24am On Apr 30, 2013
byteem: SUSPENDED MY FOOT.. 29 BILLION... .. FOR THAT OLD FASHIONED BRIDGE THAT IS LESS THAN 500 METERS... WHO IS FOOLING WHO HERE .. BLOODHY CRIMINALS.... DOES THIS GUY THINK WE ARE SO DAFT..SO NOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO GIVE A STANDING OVATION TO THESE CRIMINALS THAT HAVE TURNED LAGOS TO A BUSINESS EMPIRE... HISTORY WILL JUDGE.. ..

obviously you are daft, what kinda mathematics converted 1.35km to 500m?
what kinda people hang out here anyways

2 Likes

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by dramendra: 11:25am On Apr 30, 2013
IGBO-SON:
Nice one! Though i think your thread title could do with a little tweaking, as Fashola didn't build anything (he'd have to be Superman to perform such a feat)......he signed the contract papers for Julius Berger to build it using Lagos tax payers money.

Its obvious comon sense is not comon... When you build your house do you built it yourself?

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by dammytosh: 11:25am On Apr 30, 2013
jp philips:

obviously you are daft, what kinda mathematics converted 1.35km to 500m?
what kinda people hang out here anyways

SO 1.35Km bridge is worth 29billion naira ? $180million dollars ?

Was it built with gold ?
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by duwell(m): 11:28am On Apr 30, 2013
Scarpon: like this post if u support fashola for president

LIKE THIS POST IF YOU THINK FASHOLA CANT BE PRESIDENT IN 2015

2 Likes

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by esere826: 11:32am On Apr 30, 2013
mapet:

"Deceptfully" explain what that means??

its an ancient language that is hid from heathens wink
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 30, 2013
No matter how beautiful anything may be, trust nler to taint it with tribal statements and hate....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria's First State House, Old Residency, Calabar. [picture]. / Buhari Appoints New Acting Controller General, Federal Fire Service / Kidnappers Of Islamiyyan Students Arrested In Niger State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.