Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,087 members, 7,821,750 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria (42498 Views)

China Builds First 600-feet High, Glass-bottomed Bridge In The World (photos) / Former Lagos Governor Fashola In Mecca (Photo) / N29billion Lagos Suspension Bridge Is A Huge Fraud!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 30, 2013
I am quite surprised there aint no bicycle lane on this bridge.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:42am On Apr 30, 2013
Evestar200: Hmmm! Yoruba pple can quick attack odas wey dy oppose dem,,bt wait o na every body were here na come 4rm lagos? No ekiti,,ondo,,osun,,ogun and ibadan 4 here? All of una just dy claim lagos 4getting d real ghettos wey una come 4rm 4 d remaining southwest states,,,
this igbo girl is so daft at least we have a state to brag about na which one u people fit brag about anambra i guess lwkmd
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by OneNaira6: 11:44am On Apr 30, 2013
redsun: Things should be seen fundamentally.City building starts from the basics to the sumptuous.The romans or the egyptians used the aquaeducts to supply their cities with safe useable and drinkable water.But in 21st century nigeria,half of city dwellers still can't get useable and drinkable water without enormous fuss and life threatening diseases. And in the same city,the marvel and height of bridge building technology and knowhow is being showcased,just because they can simply pay oyinbos enormously to come and mount it,while the people still lack the basics.

@ redsun you actually spoke my mind. Thank you, you do not know how many months I've been waiting to see if someone in that country, that is if you live in that country, would say this. Thank you for being the first to ask for the damn basic survival skills first!!! I SMH anytime I come on this website and I see Nigerians living in that country rejoicing over road, bridge, etc built for them disregarding everything else that suppose to matter first. Hunger dey everywhere in that country, clean water no dey, light no dey, healthcare sucks, homeless dey too much, beggars dey too much, illiteracy is too damn high, unemployment is too damn high which is the main reason why criminals are too damn high in that country, child workers is too damn high, poverty is too damn high and yet what I noticed is the politicians are rarely focusing on that. They are busy building roads and showcasing that as some kind of improvement instead of fixing the basic stuff and the people rejoice instead of asking for the simple things that most countries have. I pity that country but hey if the citizen residing in it are okay with it, then I guess they really do not care about the basic.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by adelaja70(m): 11:45am On Apr 30, 2013
shymexx: ^^^^How come GEJ and other governors aren't signing the same papers?

Are they amputees?

Just give credit where it's due, or ignore the darn thread... undecided undecided
LMAO!...God Bless You My Brotha!...Their Oga is busy fighting with state governors.
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 30, 2013
And as usual, the petty propaganda bridge is built in Ikoyi, Lagos Island, a place teeming with so many bridges and fly overs already.

Would it be a crime if the so called suspension bridge is built to connect say Mushin and Isolo? You know, where the actual people who need such developments reside? Are those people not citizens of Lagos State? Or has Lagos State stopped existing on their own side?

Useless folks. With the bullsh*t propaganda they propagate here online, you would think Lagos is one hell of a city and Fashola, a kryptonian.

The last time I visited Nigeria, which is a couple of months ago, the stench emanating from that city alone, due to blocked sewage paths coupled with the atrocious roads and street couldn't keep me there for a single night. Had to take the next available luxury bus down to the Coal City, a city which actually feels like humans live in them.

Fashola and his propaganda machine should realise that everybody is not a fool and quit trying to deceive himself thinking he is impressing anybody.

His so called wonder projects (laughable) should be extended to the real Lagosians on the mainland not his fellow corrupt and rich cohorts and henchmen on the Island, then we could acknowledge he has even started doing anything worth noticing.

Clowns.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by Venchy: 11:51am On Apr 30, 2013
redsun: Things should be seen fundamentally.City building starts from the basics to the sumptuous.The romans or the egyptians used the aquaeducts to supply their cities with safe useable and drinkable water thousands of years ago.But in 21st century nigeria,half of city dwellers still can't get useable and drinkable water without enormous fuss and life threatening diseases. And in the same city,the marvel and height of bridge building technology and knowhow is being showcased,just because they can simply pay oyinbos enormously to come and mount it,while the people still lack the basics.

You are right in every sense and the construction of the bridge is also a necessity in reducing congestion around that area if you know IKOYI / OZUMBA NBADIWE.

Haven't said that, things should have been planned and placed in order of preference but embezzlement have put us behind and everything have gone bad.

Nigerians are the most flexible creature on the planet, they know how to improvise because they are use to suffering and can't ask for what they entitled to....yes there's a ministry that deals with water but Oga at the top doesn't care, as long as there's Bo hole, they feel it's not a priority but good water is the key to good health.

I am expecting such alternative options for Badagry residential area because the on going road construction won't be enough because there will be a massive movement of people in couple of years as it's already starts building up.

So my brother let's soak in whatever goodies they are proving and hope that they'll continue.

Eko for show, Eko Aromisa legbe legbe, Eko Oni Baje Oo, Obaje ti.

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by Paentera(m): 11:57am On Apr 30, 2013
naptu2:

About the boat thing

1) Like I said, I've seen Otedola's yacht, Prest Lunch Cruise and SeaCat sail under this bridge (with my own eyes). These are the largest boats in Lagos.

2) It's not just about the height of this bridge. Before you get to this section of Five Cowry Creek, you must sail under Onikan and Five Cowry (Falomo) bridges. Even if you are coming from the other direction (Lagos Lagoon), you must sail under Eko, Carter and Third Mainland Bridges. Any boat that can sail under these bridges can sail under the Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge.

This guy ehn, I too dey gbadun your posts - always educating, reasonable, thoughtful and calm - no abusive words, no tribal rants, just dishing out knowledge. Wa sere o jare.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by LuluSparklez(f): 11:58am On Apr 30, 2013
God bless Fashola

Infact Ayam moving to lagos
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by Evestar200(f): 12:16pm On Apr 30, 2013
ayswags: this igbo girl is so daft at least we have a state to brag about na which one u people fit brag about anambra i guess lwkmd
mumu! Ekpa na!,,so na everybody wey oppose una nai b igbo abi? Wey u luk me,,u luk lyk igbo person? Na nw i knw una hatred 4 igbo pple,,ekpa ige ege! Ewre iwho
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by Evestar200(f): 12:23pm On Apr 30, 2013
davades:

Madam, we talk say Amosun build bridge for Ogun ur people talk say dt one no be development now this u still talk say no be everybody come from Lagos. That shows u that southwest is united! So go sidon
united in what? In a biased and sentimental way abi? Hey! Am nt 4rm southeast neither am an igbo person,,am 4rm d region of the Foundation of nigeria,,,, nonsense
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by naptu2: 12:33pm On Apr 30, 2013
ebosed: FASHOLA AND TINUBU ARE GOOD MEN NO DOUBT. BUT CAN I ASK SOME QUESTIONS?

1. WHY WAS THE BRIDGE BUILT BEHIND ORIENTAL HOTEL?

2. WHY WAS THE BRIDGE BUILT TO LINK TINUBU HOUSE ON BURDILONE ROAD? (NOTE NOT ALEXANDER ROAD)

3. WAS THIS PROJECT MORE IMPORTANT TO THE MASSES THAN THE 4TH MAINLAND BRIDE?

4. WAS IS NOT OUR TAX PAYER MONEY THAT WAS USED TO BUILD THIS BRIDGE? 17BILLIONS IGR AND WE STILL PAY TO PLY THE ROAD?

EKO ONI BAJE OOOO.

The bridge is no where near Oriental Hotel and it does not terminate at Bourdillon. Check the satellite picture that I posted (now I'm beginning to sound like Musiwa). The bridge links Admiralty Way, Lekki Phase 1 with Alexander Avenue Ikoyi.

(Scratching my head) there's no bridge behind Oriental Hotel (what's behind Oriental is Five Cowry Creek). Maybe you are thinking of the Five Cowry (Falomo) Bridge ramp, but that's not behind Oriental.
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by naptu2: 12:34pm On Apr 30, 2013
Paentera:

This guy ehn, I too dey gbadun your posts - always educating, reasonable, thoughtful and calm - no abusive words, no tribal rants, just dishing out knowledge. Wa sere o jare.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by naptu2: 12:42pm On Apr 30, 2013
Five Cowry Creek - Oriental Hotel (no bridge there).

Oriental Hotel

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by Boboedom: 12:43pm On Apr 30, 2013
Nice one my Gov.
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by Zet72(m): 12:46pm On Apr 30, 2013
musiwa24: that is not a suspension bridge..

this is a suspension bridge

I was about saying that, what I saw in that pic is more like a design or beautification rather than suspension....Anyway kudos him....
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by RICHIEBOI1(m): 12:47pm On Apr 30, 2013
i wonder why the state govt is collecting 500 naira for toll. that bridge runs through a federal waterway and cannot be tolled. Oga fash should have a rethink. though i commend him for creating access as a link from lekki to ikoyi. wink
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by yuzedo: 12:49pm On Apr 30, 2013
Paentera:

Naptu2 is a god, no doubt! cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by armadeo(m): 12:50pm On Apr 30, 2013
Personally I don't like fashola on some decisions he has made in the past, but u gotta give credit when its due. The guy thinks forward and he amazes even me sometimes.
Eweta see ur mate oh.
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by armadeo(m): 12:51pm On Apr 30, 2013
Personally I don't like fashola on some decisions he has made in the past, but u gotta give credit when its due. The guy thinks forward and he amazes even me sometimes.
Eweta see ur mate oh be there using diesel to power street light ode.
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by naptu2: 12:54pm On Apr 30, 2013
yuzedo:
Naptu2 is a god, no doubt! cool cool cool

Where have you been? I've been searching all over for you. I need info from you.

In 2009/2010 I heard that this bridge would take off from Admiralty Road and terminate on Banana Island (linking Third Mainland Bridge through Osborne and Gerard Road). However, some months later, I heard that people like you, Dantata and the American ambassador protested against the move. I heard that you didn't want we commoners clogging up your roads.

Lo and behold, I discovered that the route of the bridge was changed and it finally terminated on Alexander. Is this true and how did you accomplish this?
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by Fishout(m): 12:55pm On Apr 30, 2013
Fashola,may God bless u.
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by kross01(m): 1:03pm On Apr 30, 2013
wonder how the image of the bridge posted by the op is supposed to translate to a suspension bridge while columns are very visible under the bridge. Please where are the suspending cables cos i'm yet to see them. BRF's gvt built a ramp bridge not suspension
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by yuzedo: 1:05pm On Apr 30, 2013
naptu2:

Where have you been? I've been searching all over for you. I need info from you.

In 2009/2010 I heard that this bridge would take off from Admiralty Road and terminate on Banana Island (linking Third Mainland Bridge through Osborne and Gerard Road). However, some months later, I heard that people like you, Dantata and the American ambassador protested against the move. I heard that you didn't want we commoners clogging up your roads.

Lo and behold, I discovered that the route of the bridge was changed and it finally terminated on Alexander. Is this true and how did you accomplish this?
tenk u. cool cool cool see, i leave in BANANA ISLAND. we are Reach men dere. My add dress is Plot 1 Jnr. Chief Yuzedo Sweetus Oyoyo Avenue, Off Mike Adenuga Street, Off Aliko Dangote Road, Banana Island, Ikoyi Lagos. Soooo, my good FRIEND Alhaji Dangote or Okwulotoekeneze of Hausa Banana iceland colled me, he said, kai mai friend and broda, my grate yuzedo 1, i respet u sooo much. help me so poeple only hears Banana eyeland banana eyeland, but car shud not drive her kaji kwo? plis only u can do eat. les drink mowet shampain bro. u are my guy anyday. tenks for helping me be reach man and tenks for helping me get house in dis fine iceland true ur anty Opra Wiffry.
So i say Danny-boy (i call Dangote danny boy or "Alika" cos he my good friend) i say i will call my people to call Alausa and Abuja. fear not. is me dat is Amuneke Uto 1 of Nigerian and diaspora! angry angry angry angry angry
TO BE CONTINUED, JESUS IS LORD.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by Tedpgrass: 1:06pm On Apr 30, 2013
Well done on this achievement.....
Good stuff!!

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:09pm On Apr 30, 2013
Evestar200: mumu! Ekpa na!,,so na everybody wey oppose una nai b igbo abi? Wey u luk me,,u luk lyk igbo person? Na nw i knw una hatred 4 igbo pple,,ekpa ige ege! Ewre iwho
whatever that means back to sender oloriburuku
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by joe1975: 1:09pm On Apr 30, 2013
Nigerian online marketplace for manufacturers, suppliers, importers, exporters and buyers. http://www.youandbuyer.com
Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by anonimi: 1:19pm On Apr 30, 2013
Bandit C.:
And as usual, the petty propaganda bridge is built in Ikoyi, Lagos Island, a place teeming with so many bridges and fly overs already.

Would it be a crime if the so called suspension bridge is built to connect say Mushin and Isolo? You know, where the actual people who need such developments reside? Are those people not citizens of Lagos State? Or has Lagos State stopped existing on their own side?

Useless folks. With the bullsh*t propaganda they propagate here online, you would think Lagos is one hell of a city and Fashola, a kryptonian.

The last time I visited Nigeria, which is a couple of months ago, the stench emanating from that city alone, due to blocked sewage paths coupled with the atrocious roads and street couldn't keep me there for a single night. Had to take the next available luxury bus down to the Coal City, a city which actually feels like humans live in them.

Fashola and his propaganda machine should realise that everybody is not a fool and quit trying to deceive himself thinking he is impressing anybody.

His so called wonder projects (laughable) should be extended to the real Lagosians on the mainland not his fellow corrupt and rich cohorts and henchmen on the Island, then we could acknowledge he has even started doing anything worth noticing.

Clowns.

Don't worry most of us are fools and carried away easily by yoyo shiny things of the cheap & cheerful type even though they are hyper expensive such as this 1.35Km bridge contracted at 29billion naira ($180million dollars). And there will be a toll paid even!
When we are mostly intelectually lazy and greedy in a short-sighted manner what can you expect

Meanwhile vast areas of the state are without pipeborne water, well maintained primary & secondary schools, adequate primary health centres, clean gutters and other VERY BASIC things.
14 years after Tinubu and Fashola administration!
No wonder the oyinbos and others we invite to impress tweet the reality after they are safely away from our shores.

This does not take away from the BEAUTY of the bridge, suspension or not, but pertinent accountability questions remain on:

* Cost
* Priority

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by Tstark(m): 1:20pm On Apr 30, 2013
Bandit C.:

Clowns.

GBAM!!!

2 Likes

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by tevinsolt: 1:29pm On Apr 30, 2013
that is not a suspension bridge rather it's a normal bridge with cables as decoration.

this is a suspension bridge, can some of you stop being gullible. sheesh

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by brabus(m): 1:31pm On Apr 30, 2013
Lekki - Ikoyi Link Bridge

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:31pm On Apr 30, 2013
eko ilee:

lmao.... Una no dey disappoint, they call you people villagers for a reason.

Ewu he is correct suspension bridge its not supposed to have holding pillars under it with just one suspension tower like this one but two or three suspension pillars holding the bridge

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria by olabode89(m): 1:32pm On Apr 30, 2013
Kudos should be given to Gov. Fashola and LSG, but the bridge is not a 'full suspension bridge'. A suspension bridge should have at least 2 cable towers and cables running through the whole length of the bridge to support its weight. Also a suspension bridge should not have supports under the span of the bridge (apart from those supporting the towers).

Further more How can a 1.5km(approx) bridge cost 29Billion naira na wa o..... 19Million per metre....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Aisha Yesufu's Gift To Her Daughter For Making 8As In WAEC / Oshodi Violence: MC Oluomo Reacts / Jimi In Lekki Admiralty To Inspect Incident (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.