Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion (3811 Views)

The Sun Of Righteousness Shall Arise With Healing In His Wings / Rw Schambach, Firm Preacher Of Righteousness Goes Home At 85 / Imputed Righteousness–a Transference Of Righteousness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 8:20am On Jun 11, 2013
11th June, 2013

Turn your bible with me to the book of 1sam 2: 20-21. I was very surprised when I read this place, I discovered that samuel that God gave to hannah was a loan and a test! How happy I am that hannah passed the test, she pay back her due, diligently and faithfully. God really planned to bless her, but wanted to see how faithful she will be with samuel. Verse 20 says 'and Eli blessed Elkanah and his wife, and said, THE LORD give thee seed of this woman for loan which is lent to the Lord...' If you read the following verses the Great God now visited Hannah, she gave birth to 3 sons and two daughters! Imagine how God rewards faithfulness.
Just for a moment, imagine what could happened if Hannah has held on to samuel and not fulfill her promise?
My brothers and sisters, how faithful have you been with the little God has given you? Do you believe that it is so small that you can't even spare a little out of it for God? Many of us are where we are today because we have not paid back the loan God gave us, which whould have naturally been a way to our prosperity. In anyway you know today, start given back your best to God. He deserved more than our best, and am sure He will always open the gate of heaven to us.
Pray that God will take away the spirit of greediness from you today, and help you to give back to Him a good part of what He has given you.
Good morning. Have a nice day.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 7:49am On Jun 12, 2013
This morning we will start to consider the life of one of my greatest mentor in the bible, the person I always which to be like, 'Samuel'!
I want you to take notice of the beginning of his life, he was totally dedicated to God by His mother, no wonder his life was special. Parents should therefore note that child's dedication to God is just more that xtian naming and the following party that ensue. It is given the child a very good spiritual name, and soaking the baby in the blood of Jesus.
Moving further to 1sam 2:12, Samuel lived among children of Eli, who bible wrote of them that they neither know God or reference God. You can imaging the kind of environment where Samuel grew up in, it was even recorded in the chapter that children of Eli stole from God and also forcefully slept whit people that came to worship God at the temple.
But at verse 18, it was recorded that samuel ministered before the Lord! What he has not seen anyone around him does. His environment wasn't an excuse for him to derail.
Is your environment having negative impact on you today? What you wouldn't have done on your own, now your so called boy friend and girl friend, and neighbor are making you do it? Learn from samuel. Do not be conform to this world, but be ye transformed by the renewer of your heart... And how can you stand out in the middle of negative environment? Accept Jesus as your Lord and personal saviour today, read bible always and ask for the help of holy spirit. It is well with you. Good morning.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 6:30am On Jun 13, 2013
13th June, 2013

I samuel 2:19 downward told us about the children of Eli and their satanic attitude. Am sure there are one or two things we can learn from their story.
Today we shall be considering the attitude of Eli, a prophet of God and their father. The bible said Eli was now very old when he heard about what his children have been doing, then one will naturally want to ask this questions, was it that he wasn't totally aware of his children behaviour and attitude all the while? Was he just careless about the attitude of the children? Or at what point did the children got of his control? No matter how we try to answer this questions, we will discover that Eli will still have to be blamed one way or the other.
We do not only have a responsibility for ourself alone, but we are also accountable for people that are directly connected to us, our spouses, children, siblings, parents, and neighbors. We should never be too busy to be interested in their spiritual life. If you ignore your children or spouse spiritual life today, tomorrow, you are going to be liable for their wrong deeds.
Improve yourself spiritually, and work on other people around you to also have a solid spiritual background.
Good morning. Have a wonderful day ahead.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 7:59am On Jun 14, 2013
14th June, 2013

If you read the book of Exodus chapter 7,8,9, to 12. They are all about the processes God took the isrealite through, in a bit to deliver them from the Egyptian. If you notice it well, you will discover something kept coming up in all these chapters. 'But pharaoh shall not hearken unto you, that I may lay my hand upon Egypt... If you read all these chapters, you will know that God intentionally did not make pharaoh change his mind because he was destined to be killed by God.
Let's relate this above case to the sons of Eli, 1sam 2:25. After Eli decided to address the stupidity of his children, despite the strong emotional and convincing words he used, the bible said ...notwithstanding they hearkened not unto the voice of their father, because the Lord would slay them! God has destined them to die, no matter how much Eli talked at that point, it won't matter any longer.
May be you have encounter a very wicked individual in the past or right now, may be some around you has been constantly abusing the grace of the Lord upon your life and you have tirelessly pray for the person to have a change of heart without a success. Relax! God knows what to do with people like that. They refused to change because God want to use their downfall to announce your glory. Pray very well today and be an overcomer!
Good morning. Have a fruitful day.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 6:59am On Jun 15, 2013
15th June, 2013

We are going to be considering the actions and consequencies of Eli.
Eli was only accused of a particular sin, 1sam 2:29b, he honoured his sons above God. Not that he did it intentionally or directly, but allowed his sons to desecrate and bring reproach to the name of the Lord. Most of us are also falling victim of this same sin, some of us has totally honoured our job, spouse, fashion, family and money above things of God.
Let's quickly look at the implication of what Eli did. In vs 30, God reminded Eli of his initial promise for him and his generations, but Eli failed God, he proved to God that he was not a responsible man. God passed a hot judgment not only on his two sons, but to all his coming generations.
There are things we should learn from this scenario. We are not only responsible for ourself, we are also responsible for our generations. What this means is that, we are not only going to be liable for our sins and mistakes now, our generations are also going to share of the consequencies that will come from it.
My brother and sisters, if you are still living your life in a way that is not pleasing unto God, if your life is still full of lies, pre marital sex, alcohol, smoking and every other type of sins, imagine what you are doing to your generations to come? Go to the Lord in prayers this morning and ask for forgiveness of sin. Tell Him you want to be more responsible to Him and your generations to come henceforth.
May God have mercy on us! Good morning.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 7:05am On Jun 18, 2013
18th June,2013

If you have been reading out bible text since last week, u would have noticed a sentence that kept showing up in all the chapters. 1samuel 3:1 also repeated the same sentence ... And samuel ministered before God... Samuel has been ministering before God not too long from when he got to the house of Eli.
I hope I won't shock you if I tell you that samuel has not known God at this stage? Despite his versatability, dedication and his up rightness in the house of God, but the bible told us that he didn't even have an idea who God is! What does this teach? You can be a church worker in the church for donkey of years, your father may be a pastor, you could have also have a perfect attendance in church, maybe you are even very good at speaking in tongues, but trust me, all these do not mean you know God.
If you have not have a personal encounter with God, if their is no day you can remember God visited you and change your life around, and make you a new spirit, a new heart and a new hope, then you have no idea who God is.
Even our mentor 'Paul' said it in one of his epistle, ...oh that I may know Him, with His power of salvation and fellowship of His suffering...! If paul can say this, even after he had a personal encounter with God, it means that knowing God is a continual process. A song says: I want more of you Jesus, the more I know you, the more I want to know you, Jesus, more of you... You can't possibly have enough of God, if you have had an encounter with Him in the past, you have to keep the relationship going always.
If you have never had a one on one experience with God before or you have lost your connection with God, if I were you, I won't let this opportunity pass me by, I will go to the Lord in prayer, and I won't let go until He visit me.
Pray until something happened bro and sis!
It is well with you. Have a wonderful Tuesday.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 6:59am On Jun 19, 2013
18th June, 2013

This morning we are going to consider the most common story about Samuel.
1sam 3:3 downward told us about the first encounter samuel had with God. God was calling him for 3 consecutive time, and he thought it was Eli calling him. Why did you think Samuel couldn't differentiate between God's voice and Samuel's voice? He couldn't because he didn't know God. This days a lot of us always which to hear from God as regard to a particular challenge that we are facing. Even if God speak at this situation to us, most of us won't hear because we have not known Him well enough.
As a good christian, we have to tune our ears to the voice of God and we have to be able to differentiate the voice of God from other voices that speak to our heart.
You may want to ask me, how do I tune my ears to hear from God? It follows a simple logic, it is not very difficult for you to identify the voice of any member of your household, is it? The more you walk with God in prayers and reading of bible and in holiness, the more you learn to hear more clearly from God.
God is always ready to speak to you, but if you don't know Him, you won't hear from Him.
Pray that God will sharpen your spiritual eyes and ears today henceforth.
Goodmorning. Have a nice day ahead.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 6:35am On Jun 20, 2013
June 20th, 2013

We are still going to talk about the same bible text we read yesterday, 1samuel 3: 3 downward.
Often time I have asked myself why did God not just continued talking after He called samuel? Why did He allowed samuel to go through all those ordeal of knowing who was calling him? But now, Holy spirit has revealed the answer to me.
A very unique gift that God has giving to human race is the power of CHOICE, God has never failed to respect this human power. God was patiently waiting for samuel's permission before He could continued talking, no wonder He called him 3 times before samuel gave Him his consent.
God can never speak to us unless we permit Him to do so, we have to choose to listen to him, we have to choose to open the door of our heart to Him.
Many often, Holy spirit made me realized that, we talk more than we listen to God, we never gave God chance to speak to us. God can work wonders in our life only if we allow Him speak to our situations. But remember, the voice of the Lord is very gentle and not forceful, if your heart is rowdy and not quite, you won't hear Him. Secondly, know that the Lord will not speak in a sinful environment, so if any sin can still be found in your life, do away with it instantly and invite God to speak to you.
Will you just close your eyes this morning and say ' Dear Lord, I surrender everything unto you, purge me clean and make me whole, come and speak with me, teach me to always listen to your gentle voice and to always do your bidding, thank you my dearest Holy spirit!
It is well with you! Good morning.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 10:32pm On Jun 21, 2013
21st june, 2013

Just as we are about to round off the study of the book of 1sam chapter 1 to 3, we will be considering the most foolish thing Eli did in his life time.
I sam 3:18, 'And samuel told him every whit, and hid nothing from him. And he said, IT IS LORD: LET HIM DO WHAT SEEMETH HIM GOOD!'
Imagine such irresponsible and naïve word from a prophet that was supposed to be an oracle of God!
One would have naturally expected Eli to cry to God, after God in His mercy, firstly sent a prophet to him, and secondly sent Samuel to him,to warn him of the coming punishment for his deed, but his pride took charge of him, and he found no place for repentance.
David did something that was greater than Eli's sin in gravity, and yet, he went to God for forgiveness, and God gave him a second chance. People of nineveh did worse thing than that, and they cried to the Lord for mercy and He answered them. Eli would have atleast pray for his children and beg God to turn away His anger, but instead, he dared the consequence.
It is surprising today that a lot of us are still doing this. Maybe God has been revealing your sins unto you, He has been sending people to you to warn you of the coming destruction, and yet you are saying God should do what He want?
This is an opportunity for you today to avoid the anger of God. Put your pride and naiveness aside and ask God for mercy.
It shall be well with you. Good evening.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 10:18am On Jun 22, 2013
22nd June, 2013

This morning we will be rounding off our study of Eli, Hannah, Children of Eli and Samuel by viewing the consequences of Eli and his children's actions.
1 Sam 4, Eli's actions and ignorance brought war upon israel, His two sons died, the ark of the Lord was taking away, about 34,000 foot soldier were killed, Eli died, the wife of one of Eli's son died, and the course was passed on to the next generation through the name 'Ichabor' given to the son at birth.
Consequence of sins are usually greater than we always imagine. Learn from Eli and his sons today, confess your sins to God today, save your life and your that of your generations.
Do not forget all the lessons we learnt from our study about Hannah, and the little we considered about Samuel. May God help us all. It is well with you! Happy weekend.

Please send any questions, suggestion or comments to toshine4u@yahoo.com
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 7:03am On Jun 24, 2013
24th June, 2013

Proverb 13:20 'The friend of a wise man shall be wise, but the companion of the foolish shall be destroyed'. Realization of your dream does not only lies in your hands but also on the type of associations you keep.
Often time when, parents, spiritual leaders and friends tries to warn us of a particular company we keep, we tend to be defensive, and most time,I have heard people say 'I can not be influence by what my friends are doing', well you may be right to some extent, but I tell you, you can not totally escape influences of a bad companions.
A lot of youth today have become what they never intended to be, simply because they choose wrong friends.
Companions in this context is not only limited to spiritual things, also our personal aspiration is only achieved by our determination and the array of friends that surrounds us.
This morning analyze your friends, do they have the same spiritual believe as you do? Does your personal aspiration and focus align with theirs? Are they wise or are they fools?
Pray to God to help you do away with all friends and association that will not help your destiny.
Happy new week. Good morning.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 7:29am On Jun 25, 2013
25th June, 2013

Gal 6:9 encourages us to keep doing good and not relent in our effort to always do good.
One of the most painful thing that can happen to people is for a person to sincerely be doing good, while people that do wicked things around him or her enjoys better life conditions than him or her. It is not fair! So we usually say. Yes, life is never fair, in this life, there are some natural power that works against goodness, they natural wants you to regret doing good and stop it. That is why you see your friends that never attended class for once have good result and you that read all night didn't have a good result to show for it, that is the reason why your friends that had lived a very sinful life before, and has had abortion on countless time still ends up to marry a good man and have a good home, and you who has dedicated your dignity to God is having issues in your relationship, yea, I agree with you, life is not fair at all.
But God have giving us hope. Keep doing good my brothers and sisters, even if this earthly world is not repaying your goodness, God says He will pay you if you don't relent. Please never stop being good, all is gonna turn out just fine someday!
Good morning! Have a wonderful day ahead!
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 9:20am On Jun 26, 2013
26th June, 2013

I am happy to welcome you to the realm of PEACE this morning! Phill 4:7, there is a level of peace that human's knowledge can't understand.
Troubles are all around, spiritual attacks here and there, poverty everywhere, sickness, calamity everywhere in the world. But there is a level of peace that the Prince of peace is offering us this morning.
How can you tap in to this peace? You may have Jesus in your in your life and still not enjoy this peace, am sure you remember the story of Jesus and His disciple in the boat during a stormy session.
You have to let the prince of peace take the wheel of your life and rock your life with special supernatural peace. Surrender your worries and troubles to God totally, let Him take care of it for you, and you'll experience this same peace.
Read our text for today and pray over it for peace to fill your heart up.
Good morning.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 8:20am On Jun 27, 2013
2zth June, 2013

'Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report, if there be any virtue, if there be any praise, THINK ON THESE THINGS'.
Am sure we all know there is a great power in thinking. Our life is just a finished product of our thought.
Minds, generally are like a large playing field, many thought stroll in to play, some stay longer than usual, while some disappear almost immediately. This phill 4:8 has expressly told us the kind of things that should be filling our heart at every time. These are the thought a good christian should allow in his or her heart always.
Do away with evil and ungodly thoughts, do away with thought that does not in anyway contribute to your christian life development. Be careful of what you allowed into your heart.
Goodmorning. Have a nice day ahead.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 1:49pm On Jun 29, 2013
Joshua 4:14 'On that day the Lord magnified Joshua in the sight of all Israel: and they feared him, as they feared Moses, all the days of his life'.
I will like you to pick up your bible and read very well about Joshua. He has been living in the presence of God almost all through his life, but people still see him as ordinary being, but on this very faithful day when it was time for his glorification on the timing scale of God, God announced him to his generation, and they feared him.
May be you have been serving God with all your heart and power and you still occur to people around you as an ordinary person, don't worry, just keep being faithful to God, at the appointed time, He will magnify you and announce you to your generation!
It doesn't matter your situation right now. Joshua was magnified when israelite was preparing for war and everywhere was hot. May be your situation does not look ok right now, but I can assure you if you are on the side of God, you will surely be magnified!
Pray to God this morning, tell God to announce you to your generation!. Have a nice day ahead.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 1:50pm On Jun 29, 2013
June 29, 2013

Phill 3:2-3 'Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision. For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh'
It is imperative that we watch out for people that we make our friend, simply because we were not bought with the same price, we were redeemed by the precious blood of Jesus. The holy spirit who lives in us teaches us the way of the Lord which is totally different from the worldly way.
Therefore, we can't afford to hang out with people who do not have same spirit with us. Be careful of the relationship you build with people henceforth.
Good afternoon, have a nice day.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 10:34pm On Jun 30, 2013
July 1, 2013

Please join me to sing this song of praise to our God.

Great is thy faithfulness, O Lord my Father,
There is no shadow of turning with Thee,
Thou changest not, Thy compassion they fail not,
As Thou has been, Thou forever will be.

Great is thy faithfulness. Great is thy faithfulness,
Morning by morning new mercies I see
All I have needed Thy hand has provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness Lord unto me

Summer and winter and springtime and harvest
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above,
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To thy faithfulness, mercy and love.

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
Thy own dear presence to cheer and to guild,
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside.

It is well with our soul! Happy new month!
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 7:39am On Jul 02, 2013
2 july 2013

Rev 22:11-12 " He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. And behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be."
After a wonderful sunday service two sundays ago, my friend was telling me that if only people can be as nice as they use to be on sunday service for the rest of the week, that this world would have been a better place.
The truth is that people has shielded themselves from the word of God, though they listen during services, but the words have no place in their life.
The word of God is coming to you this morning, that you have a power to choose, either to be strictly adhering to the instruction and leading of the Lord or you do whatever seems so convenient for you.
Am sure the verse 12 of today's text has been read to you over and over again, and you have told yourself that the 'quickly' will never be now, have you ever consider that our own quickly can be anytime God decides to take our life?
Tomorrow may definitely be too late, amend your ways today, let the death of Christ have impact in your life.
Pray well this morning, confess your sins, pray until you are justified by the spirit of God.
Good morning. Have a nice day ahead
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 6:42am On Jul 03, 2013
July 3, 2013

Eph 1:21 'Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come'.
Romans 8:17a ' And if children, then heirs of God, and joint-heirs with christ...'
More often than non, we christians under utilize the power that has been vested into us, no wonder we have suffered so much in the hands of evil powers, rulers in the high places of darkness.
The book of Eph(our text) confirmed to us the superiority of Jesus name over any form of other spiritual powers. Our second text gave us this POWER by implication. Once we are a true son of God, we automatically enjoy the same superior power over the devil and his cohort.
For how long will you continue to be a prey in the hands of evil and demonic powers? For how long will you continue to be terrified at the mention of the demonic names and power?
Wake up today! Come to the superior position that the Lord has prepared for you and exercise your power!
Pray that God teach you to know your spiritual worth in christ Jesus.
Good morning. Have a glorious day ahead.

Please you may help to rebroadcast to help spread this daily devotional message. God bless you as you do so.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 11:22am On Jul 04, 2013
July 4, 2013

Rev 22:1-5, Verse 2 'In the midst of the street of it, and either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month; and the leaves of the trees were for the healing of the nations. Verse 3a: and there shall be no more curse.'
God has made provisions for our eternal life, He has shown us a little idea of where we are going to spend eternity. There will no longer be hunger, insecurity, sickness, troubles and challenges. These promises should be our driving force, they should be what make you want to make heaven at all cost.
If you observe the last part of verse 2 of our text, ...were for the healing of the nations... Even before we get to heaven, God has made provision for the healing of our nation and has also made way for us to end every binding curse on us. So why should our country keep staying in a sick condition? Why should we keep living under curse?
Pray well for yourself and our dear country today.
Good morning. It is well with you.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 9:03am On Jul 05, 2013
July 5, 2013

1Cor 2:12-14 'Now we received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God: that we might know the things that are freely given to us by God. Vs 14 'But the natural man receiveth not the things of the spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Brothers and Sisters, there is a worldly spirit and there is a spirit of God. The spirit of the world make you understand the worldly way, makes you learn the worldly slang well, make you addicted to wordly song and movie, and make some other sinful things very easy for you to do. And to make the matter worse, it makes the things of God look foolish to you.
God has given us a lot of free things, but we can only know these things and access them if we have the spirit of God. It is also this same spirit that makes us understand the ways of the Lord and make it easier to walk in God's way.
It is however not possible not to have either of these spirit, the question now is, which of the spirits do you have in you?
Good morning. Have a nice day.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 5:20am On Jul 06, 2013
July 6, 2013

Colossians 2:13 ' Forbearing one another, and forgive one another, if any man has quarrel against any: even has Christ forgave you, so also do ye'.
A very important way by which satan is robbing us of our blessing and spiritual right is through Unforgiveness! The act of forgiving is a very simple act actually, but the human nature we carry make it almost impossible for us to do.
God is not saying that people will not offend us, He never said people will not betray us, He only said by all means, we should forgive these people.
By not forgiving someone you also put yourself into bondage and you have planted in your life a seed of bitterness.
I have to quickly say this, the act of forgiveness will never be easy for you to do if you still carry the worldy spirit. Forgiveness is naturally against human nature. You can only follow this principle of forgiveness through if you have Holy spirit in you.
Is there anyone you have refused the forgive in a way or the other? Pray to God to help you sincerely forgive them from your heart through the help of Holy spirit.
Good morning. Have a wonderful weekend.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 7:54am On Jul 08, 2013
This morning and for the next 2 weeks or there about, God will be taking us through teaching about our position has a leader in the body of christ. I want to believe that at the end of these devotions we will come to the understanding of our position and responsibility in christ.
1peter 2:9 'But you are a choosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people...'
The word 'spiritual leader' may be very strange to you, may be because you have no spiritual title you thought you are just a christian. Our text today has made us understand that as long as we are a genuine christian, we belong to the royal priesthood line, we are the special ones, natural leader by mode of new birth, we have been called out of the world. That means we used to have an old life that does not exist anymore, then if you think you are part of this royal line, can you quickly ask yourself, what God has saved you from? Can people around you also testify to your new being?
If you must be part of the LEADERS we will be talking about as from today, you have to quickly run to God, confess your sins to Him, tell him to save you totally from your old life and make you part of the royal priesthood.
May God bless you real good this morning and beyond! It is well with you. Happy new week.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 8:22am On Jul 09, 2013
As a continuation of our leadership devotion, we will be considering Eph 4:7-8 'But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of christ. Wherefor He said when he ascended up on high, He led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.
As a leader, God has given us a measure of grace and gift, these are not only for our usage, but also to benefit people around us.
Has a christian, we should be a gift to our generation. People should be able to look unto us and say, 'thank God for your life'. Your life should always be blessing either spiritually or materially to people around you.
Like a natural leader that you are, start living your life in a way that will glorify God, in a while that people will thank God for your life. Be a gift to your generation! Lead by example! Act right!
Good morning. How was your night?
Have a nice day ahead.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 6:30am On Jul 10, 2013
10th July, 2013

Matt 5:16 'Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your father which is in heaven'.
Before this verse could say 'let your light so shine...' It means we have something in us that can actually shine. God has deposited in our lives, gift, glory, wisdom and above all the spirit of truth(Holy spirit). Yesterday devotion told us to be a gift to our generation, today's devotion is telling us how we can do that.
We have to be icon of Godliness and righteousness, we have to draw many souls to christ through our life. We don't have to introduce our self before people see the light of Glory of God in our life.
Why should you do this? Because is the fundamental work of God you can ever do in your life. Its a commandment, it means if you shine your light well, everyone that sees it will glorify God, that means your life is a source of glory to God. But if its in other way around, you claim to be a christian but your life is saying otherwise, you are only radiating darkness to people, that means people will not give God the glory He deserve through your life, judge yourself, will God be happy with you?
Consider your life in the light of this devotion and pray for God to restore you to where you should be in him.
Good morning. Have a nice day ahead.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 3:03pm On Jul 11, 2013
11th July, 2013

Romans 1:12-13 'That is, that I may be comforted together with you by mutual faith both of you and me. Now I will not have you ignorant brethren, that often times I purpose to come unto you,(but was let hitherto,) that I might have some fruit among you also, even as among other gentiles'
Don't forget that we are still considering our leadership qualities and responsibilities. This morning we read from our text, how Paul was taking his time to groom other people through their christian life. As a christian leader, we need also to serve as a role model for other christian, you have to have at least one person that you are grooming spiritually. It may be your parent, your friends, your neighbors, your spouse etc. You have to be interested in their spiritual life, you have to keep teaching them more of the word of God and pray for them personally and keep using your life as an example for them.
Please in doing this, do not forget your own spiritual life growth.
Good afternoon. It is well with you.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 8:30pm On Jul 12, 2013
12th July, 2013

Things that a will enable you utilize the grace of Leadership is constant prayer.
Eph 3:14-19, here Paul was not only living as an example to the Ephesian, but was also going on his knee to pray for them, to pray for their spiritual life and that they may have the spirit of the Lord.
Wherever God has placed you, you are there as a Godly leader, part of your job is to pray for people around you. Pray for your class, pray for your family, pray for our country etc.
If you are in a place and things are not going well there, it means you are not exercising your supernatural right. Go on your knees and pray for God to make you a solution to the current problem.
Above all, be a prayerful individual.
Good evening, it is well with you.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 8:34am On Jul 13, 2013
13th of July

Josh 1:8 'This book of law shall not depart out thy mouth; but thou shalt mediate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shall make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success'
This is a commandment of the Lord to joshua, God has made him a leader, and God knows that one of the most important thing that will make him succeed in his leadership life is to be well grounded in the word of God.
Reading the word of God is not enough, as a leader, we have to read, meditate, say it and ruminate on it day and night.
For everyone that the Lord has placed around you, you must feed them with sufficient words of God. Your words, your life should be in accordance with the word of God.
But guess what! You can't give what you don't have. You have to have the living word of God and the spirit behind it, its when you do this you will have good success indeed and you will be able to pass life to people around you.
What are you waiting for? Get busy, start meditating on your bible! Be a true leader!
Good morning. Have a fun filled weekend.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 1:18pm On Jul 15, 2013
15th July, 2013

John 14:26 'But the comforter, which is the holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, He shall teach you all things and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
To be a spiritual leader, you need Holy spirit which will give you an edge over people around you. You basically have to know more than your mates if you must be a leader over them, and the best way to learn is to learn from the author of wisdom and knowledge. The Holy will interpret the scripture for you and give you an insight.
Do you want to be a leader that God has destined you to be? Get Holy spirit the perfect teacher.
It is well with you. Good afternoon.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 8:23am On Jul 16, 2013
16th July, 2013

Eph 4:11-12 ' And he gave some, apostles, and some, prophets; and some, evangelist; and some, pastors and teachers...
Been a leader does not mean you have to have a specific title. God has diversify the leadership in christiandom, the ultimate goal is to edify the saint. You may not have a clear voice enough to be a choir leader, or you may not have teaching skill to be a teacher, but I tell you this, whatever you do in the house of God and to anyone around you, God is watching you, and He will definitely repay you bountifully.
The way to the top is through selfless service. Start serving today in any capacity you find comfortable for you. And the Lord will bless you real good.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 7:59am On Jul 17, 2013
17th July, 2013

1tim 1:7, ' For God has not giving us the spirit of fear, but of power, and love, and of sound mind'
One of the most deadly thing for a christian leader is to allow spirit of fear in his or her life. Fear can make a leader become a slave. But fear is not part of our salvational package, God gave us the spirit of Love and of sound mind, in that, God want us to lead with confidence and love.
When God's spirit is in you, the spirit of fear will naturally disappear. Don't be afraid to show your God given talents, don't be scared to take your spiritual leadership place. Be a fearless leader!
Good morning, have a nice day ahead.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 10:23am On Jul 18, 2013
18th July, 2013

As a christian leader, there are three 3 'ships' that can either make or mar you easily. You have to be very careful and selective of them.
First is: FRIENDSHIP, your friends either directly or indirect makes you who you are to a large extent. You have to be total selective on your choice of friends. A friend that is not adding values to your life is definitely taking away something from your life. You have to be a friend whit someone who has similar vision whit yours, and are also passionate about realizing it. Check friends around you, you will noticed a very little number of them is contributing positively to your vision. A very little of them has potential to help you achieve your dream anytime soon, if you will be a successful leader, you need to strictly vet people you spend time with and people around.
Start make effort now, to change your friends and have a successful leadership experience.
Good morning. Have a wonderful day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Funny Church Signs / Atheist Is A Depressing Religion. Discuss / Why Are Prayers Not Answered? - A Challenge To Theists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.