Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion (3808 Views)

The Sun Of Righteousness Shall Arise With Healing In His Wings / Rw Schambach, Firm Preacher Of Righteousness Goes Home At 85 / Imputed Righteousness–a Transference Of Righteousness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 10:35am On Apr 30, 2013
Good morning. I welcome you all back to the daily devotional message(voice of righteousness) after a short break.
This morning we shall be looking at the approach we have genarrally adopted to solve our challenges and to get our needs. I have realized that God has plans to supply our needs and make us fruitfull, howbeit, one will wonder y most of us has choosen not to go the way of the Lord to meet our needs and to address our challenges. John 6:35 made us understand that Jesus is the bread of Life, everyone dat cm after Him will neva go hunger and thirst! It simply means that to always have ur needs met, u only need to follow Jesus! And leave d rest for him. John 15:4 made us understand dat immediately we r detached from christ, we can neva bear fruit nomata hw we tried. Have u bn working harder dan d reward u get? Has life bn tuf for u dat u can't find a balance? Is ur life in costant trouble and chaos? This is the time to come take up ur cross and follow christ and let Him step into ur life and make u bear fruit and satisfy ur heart wit every gud tins.
It is well wit u!
Gud mrng!

1 Like

Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 10:17am On May 01, 2013
1st of may, 2013.

I av seen in countless time, where pple attempt to interpret d bible and d way of God wit their own understanding. How shallow nd confusing their understanding are in ds areas usually doesn't suprise me. A popular adage says 'where d use of smtn is nt knwn, abuse of d same cnt b avoided'. The scripture was writtn by inspiration of d Holy spirit and thus, to understand it, you need more dan ur natural thinking faculty. In Eph 1:17-18, we saw d prayer of apostle paul for d brethren at ephesus for God to gv dem d spirit of wisdom and revelation to understand d way of d Lord. Nowonder d bible says, d msg of d cross is foolishness to dose who will perish but to us, its d power unto salvation! This same spirit of wisdom and understanding will show u d way to your blessing, breakthrough and deliverance. Has message of salvation been like a mirage to u b4? Has d bible seems to u like a novel? Ask for d spirit of wisdom, revelation and understanding for d spiritual tins next time u listen to a gospel msg, read bible or meditate on d world of God, and u'll b surprise hw much God is will to reveal to u. But remember, any sin in ur life won't allow u enjoy d services of d Holy spirit, ask for forgivness rite nw and make sure u dnt go bck into sin. Having done ds, I welcome u into d fellowship of d Holy spirit! God bless u, it is well wit u.
Happy new month, and Good mrng!
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 7:53am On May 02, 2013
2nd May,2013

I want to welcome u to today's devotion. The essence of christianity is to be like christ in all d aspect of our life. But u will agree wit me dat by nature we were nt born perfect so by implication, we can't naturally be like christ. Sin bcoms our natural 1st choice of actions always which create a discord btw us and God. But God has made provision for us to be christlike, He has made provison for us to be perfect once again. 2cor 5:17, 'if any man is christ, he is a new creature, old tins hav passed away... To be qualified to be called a xtian, u mst av bcom a new creature entirely, wit new nature, new spirit. But wot we av today are reforbished xtian, dat are neva a new creature, they tend to fake d attribute and quality of xtian, dey try display a mango fruit on a cashew tree. To ds set of pple, the bible said 'do not be deceived, God is not mocked...' My bother and sister, God has not redeemed us to fake xtianity, He has made a provision for us to be a new creature in all. Let's examing our life ds mrng as a xtian, can we really say all d negative tins we used to do b4 we gave our life to Jesus has totally and trully disapear? U can gently say a prayer to ur creator ds morning, tell Him to create in u new heart. Confess ur shortcomings to God, and ask for forgiveness, ask for Grace to always live a holy life unto the Lord!
It shall be well wit u!
Good mrng. Have a wonderful day ahead of u today.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 9:03am On May 03, 2013
O3 May, 2013

I come to u this morning with a good news, I have come to introduce the God that specialized in doing the naturally imposible things. Luke 1:34, Mary was faced with the imposibility of her life and she said 'how shall these things be possible...? In her widest imagination she couldn't answer this question. Are there recalcitrant problems in ur life that refused to go? Are there things u have bn trusting God for and they seems they will never happen? Here is the reply of the Lord, which is the gud news I bring to u today in verse 37, 'for with God, nothing shall be impossible' and as at the last time I checked, your problems are part of the 'nothing'. But only one thing Mary did to make the impossible possible is in verse 38, ...'be it unto me, according to Thy word'. For as many of you that are opportuned to read this devotion today, open ur bible to luke 1:34-38 and pray with it seriously and have faith in those prayers. Am sure u will share your testimony with me soon.
I release the power of possibility over your recalcitrant situation right now in Jesus name. The mercy and grace of the Lord shall be readily available for you when necessary in Jesus name. God will single you out of your mates and you shall be blessed among all men! Go and prosper today and beyond in Jesus name!
It is well with u. Good morning!
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 8:53am On May 04, 2013
4th may, 2013

Prayer Part 1

Its amazing these days how we have neglected our direct line to heaven which is 'prayers'. Instead of taking our issues and challenges to the Lord in prayers we rather take it to people who can do little or nothing to help us, no wonder, devil is having swell time disturbing us today. Luke 18:1 says 'men ought to pray and not to faint' But why do we really prefer to faint than to pray? Almost all christian nowadays has made prayer as the last resort, it is only when they had tried every means known to them without any success that they will now remember the most potent means which is prayer.
Explore the way of prayer the more starting from today. Make sure you pray about any challenge first, before you will take any step. Pray always, and it shall be well with you.
God bless you. Good morning.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 8:29am On May 06, 2013
May 6th, 2013

I welcome u to the second part of this devotional series 'prayer'. We have seen importance of praying in part 1. You will agree with me that a lot of people pray without result. James 5:16 point our attention to 2 important characteristics our prayer must have before it can be answered. The 1st is ' Effectual fervent', being fervent in prayers does not necessarily mean shouting, but it means staying connected directly to heaven, being serious with our prayer and avoid distractions especially in our heart. Devil and God must know that u mean business, and be persistent in our request. The 2nd condition is being ' Righteous'. We can never be righteous by our work, righteousness is by the grace of God. To be connected to heaven and pray under open heaven, we need to be citizen of heaven. The bible says, if I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me. You can't possibly be in sin and expect your prayers to be answered.
Examine your prayer life today and make necessary amendment where necessary.
It is well with you! Good morning.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 8:10am On May 09, 2013
9th May, 2013

Can you remember the last time you have a personal time with God meditating on His word? Most of the time because of our busy schedules, we hardly give time to studying the word of God personally. We always want God to be consistently good to us, but we also want to consistently avoid giving Him a quality time to know His ways. Joshua 1:8, told us the express will of God for us as a christian. Col 1:9-10 also made us realized that you can only please God when you have a knowledge of Him, how would you have knowledge of Him if you didn't read and meditate on His word? It is not too late to dedicate your time to God this morning, you can start from checking up the bible quotation I wrote in this devotion, read it, pray about it, and the Lord will bless you real good. God bless you. Have a fulfilling day ahead of you. Good morning.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 7:54am On May 13, 2013
13th May, 2013

Are you running from the presence of God? The story of Jonah in Jonah chapter 1 depict many christian life these days. Some christian have enjoyed the presence and manifestation of God at one time or the other, but because they can not maintain the power of the holy spirit, He departed from them and these christian are in no hurry to have Him back. Some try to avoid the express and direct commandment of God to them, in a bit to silence their conscience they avoid any environment that can encourage the voice of God to them, they makes friends with unbelievers and take pleasure in this world and the entertainment its has to offer. Do you actually think you can run away from the presence of God? Somewhere, silently in your heart, the spirit is telling you that you are not at the right place in the Lord. The spirit will be telling you that you are failing the responsibility that the Lord has committed into your hand. Never takes God's silence for granted my brother and sister, my bible says, do not be deceived, God is not mocked... You can still make amendment today, you can still Lord I surrender all to Thee, Lord, am coming home. Say it sincerly with prayer and take a bold step to come back to the Lord. It is well with you. Have a wonderful week ahead of you.
Good morning!
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 1:31pm On May 14, 2013
May 14th, 2013
We are still considering the life of Jonah, in jonah 1:6, jonah was called 'O sleeper', God never destined him to be a sleeper, he was supposed to be a conduit pipe, receiving from God and delivering it to people, but he denied his responsibility and he that was destined to be a mighty prophet became 'O sleeper'. Has God placed any responsibility on you? Has God given you any gift or talent to minister to the lost soul? Are you not also an O sleeper right now? When you deny the responsibility God has placed on you, you won't only bring problem to yourself, but all around you. What kind of association are you keeping today? Are they people that can help you fulfill your spiritual responsibilities or people that will make you sink deeper into sin? How do you fill when an unbeliever is the one correcting you and telling you to call on your God just as Jonah was told? You can retrace your step this morning and come back to the Lord. Pray hard for God to reveal your spiritual status to you. It is well with you.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 6:52am On May 15, 2013
15th may, 2013.

We are now considering the second chapter of the book of Jonah. Jonah, having realized his mistake and foolishness, he came clean to the Lord, he humbled himself before God and clearly ask for forgiveness. The 1st step to restoration is the realization of how far you have gone away from your initial calling and the presence of God. The second is confessing your sins and asking for forgiveness, third is making a practical effort not to go back to the old sin. Eventually God saw the sincerity of Jonah, and He heard his cry.
God will also hear you today, no matter how far you have gone away from his presence, just come clean to Him in your heart and never go back to continue in the former things.
It is well with you. Good morning. Have a nice day ahead.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 7:21am On May 16, 2013
16th May, 2013

Am sure almost all of us are familiar with the book of Jonah chapter 1-3, but mostly we skip the most amazing chapter of the book, which is chapter 4.
This chapter described how desperate Jonah was for his prophesy of doom to come to pass no matter what. After he has delivered the message the Lord sent him to the people, the bible said they humbled themselves in sack clothes and in ashes with fasting throughout the land to seek for God forgiveness, and God saw their sincerity and He forgave them. Surprisinly jonah was very angry that the Lord forgave them, he wanted the land to be consumed, he wanted anger of the Lord to be spent on the Land, and you will wonder why a prophet of the Lord would wanted something like that. As we will be rounding off this aspect tomorrow morning, let me quickly pray for you.
The mercy of the Lord shall always be available for you when you need it in Jesus name! The Lord in His mercy will always reveal His intentions to you in Jesus name. And the prophet the Lord has put in charge of you will not turn to your agent of destruction in Jesus name.
Have a nice day ahead. Good morning
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 8:02am On May 17, 2013
17th May,2013

I welcome you all to the concluding devotional message on the book of Jonah. It is so amazing how Jonah was so interested in his prophesy coming to pass than the well being of the people concerned. May be he would have been very happy if the people had been begging him to speak to God on their behalf, but the people went straight to the Lord their creator to make amendment. May be you are in this position, mayb God has sent a warning to you at a time or the other, warning you of an impending danger, note that the word of the prophet is not final, but the word of God is, why don't you go to the Lord in serious prayer and ask for mercy from the merciful God.
I will like you to pray these prayers seriously this morning:
* That the Lord will make all the prophet that has prophecised negative thing into your life beg for mercy on your behalf.
* That God will deal with any prophet that insisted on your doom without giving you a way of an escape, just like God dealt with Jonah in chapter 4.
* Sincerely and genuinely ask for the mercy of God over your life.
It is well with you. Good morning.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 8:40am On May 18, 2013
18th May, 2013

This morning we are going to be considering the 1st past of Hebrew 12:14. "Follow peace with all man" I strongly believed that if all christian truly know the meaning of this sentence, and we put it into action, life would have been better than what we have now. The word "pursue" is used in some other versions of the bible. You can't possibly pursue what is ready available with you, this simply means that, sometimes, it takes extra effort, will, courage and humbleness to achieve peace. Most of the time, pursuing peace is not a reasonable thing to do at that time considering facts that are on ground, but remember, its the will of God for you to pursue peace, no matter how difficult it is to achieve. Know for sure that you can only have peace with God when you have peace with everyone around you.
Make an effort today to start obeying the commandment of God concerning peace with all men.
May the peace of the Lord be with you. Good morning.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 7:39am On May 20, 2013
May 20, 2013

I welcome you all to a new week. Don't forget that on saturday we started considering the book of Hebrew 12:14, we have considered "follow peace". This morning we shall be considering "...with all men..." To ensure peace with everyone sometimes seems unreasonable because some human being are embodiment of trouble. But the bible insisted that you should pursue peace no matter the condition. Pride is the number one thing that can keep us from keeping peace. Pride which is a fruit of the flesh always wants to stay on the winning side, always want to fight for his/her right and will never take cheating. Peace with everyone can do 3 things in our life:
1) Gives you rest and peace of mind and make you live longer and healthier.
2) Served as a means of preaching to the unbiliever. Because people are constantly observing our behavior.
3) It gives us peace with God.
But you can't ensure peace with all men if you don't have Jesus Christ the prince of prince. He can come into your life today and make your life a peaceful place through the work of Holy Spirit if you invite Him. Pray seriously to God this morning and it shall be well with you.
Happy new week. Good morning.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 6:50am On May 21, 2013
May 21, 2013

This morning we shall be considering the second part of Heb 12:14, '...and holiness without which, no man shall see the Lord'. Just as the 1st part instructed us to pursue peace with all man, this part is also instructing us pursue holiness. I have heard several times where say that, it is not possible to be holy. It can only be impossible for you to be holy if you attempt it by yourself alone. God has made provision for us to be righteous, holy and perfect. Don't forget, that God called out to Abraham, instructing him to walk before Him and be perfect. It is God that cloth us with righteousness and Holiness once we are walking before Him. It is the Holy spirit that teaches us the way of Holiness. However, holiness is what we have to constantly pursue, because daily, satan will attempt to dent and destroy our holiness, so that we can be far away from God. To be holy, just keep walking before God, follow the leading of the Holy spirit perfectly and definitely God will make you perfect.
It shall be well with you and your family.
Good morning.

For questions, suggestions and prayer request, please forward them through this bbm pin or toshine4u@yahoo.com.
GOD CARES!
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 7:17am On May 22, 2013
May 22, 2013

One of the sophistication that God invested into the creation of man is a high level of thinking and a power of choice.
Deut 30:15 talks about God reminding the people of israel their power of choice. 'I place before you this day life and death...' This is not the only type of choice we do come across in our life time. But one thing that baffles me is that, most of us are not even aware of our choices, we conform to a particular way of life simply because that is what we saw people doing. Our power of choice is very powerful, even God can not do a miracle in our life if we don't want it, we can not be delivered from sins and demons if we don't choose to be delivered. You won't be surprised that a lot of person chose poverty and a mean life? Jesus in His ministry on earth delivered a mad man possessed by legion of evil spirit and casted the spirit into the nearby swine, the bible made us understand that the people of the community, having seen all the miracle Jesus did, the people of the town all came to Him and begged Him to leave their community! That was power of choice, they choose to send prince of peace away from their life.
Take a time this morning to think about the choice you have in every aspect of your life, and you will be surprised that you have not been aware of some choice that are before.
It shall be well with you! Good morning.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 7:49am On May 23, 2013
May 23, 2013

Yesterday we considered the choice that God place in front of us in Deut 30:15, which is option of life and death. Today we will consider verse 16 and 17 of the same chapter. Obviously almost everybody will naturally choose life over death, but God explained in details what choosing life implies.
It simply means that its not enough to choose life by mouth declaration but to specifically by following all what God instructed in verse 16, which are: love the Lord, walk in His ways, keep his commandment and status and His judgment. Its simply means that if you are not following all these things that God listed, you might not be choosing life. Vs 17 tell us conditions of choosing death.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 8:14am On May 24, 2013
May 24th, 2013

For the next few days, the Holy spirit will be taking us through 2thess 2:7-14.
Have you ever wonder why things are going upside down in the world today and it seems God is not paying attention to it? Verse 7 says 'For the mystery of iniquity doth already work...' The other versions of the bible referred to iniquity as sin. The mystery of iniquity can therefore be called the deep things of sin. What we are seeing in our world today has deeper meaning than we merely see. Satan, who is the author of sin and confusion is the ruler of this present world, therefore, it is needless to hope that this world will be a better place without all these iniquity we see around.
But, even if we can not take the whole world away from satan, we can take our life away from him, we can decide to hide ourselves in Jesus, the author of peace and the deliverer, He is our only hope in this sinful and confused world.
Pray to God this morning, tell Him to grant you peace, rest and hope for your mind in this sinful world, work with Him and abide in Him daily.
It shall be well with you. Good morning!
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 7:37am On May 25, 2013
Yesterday we discussed that satan rules this world, and cause all sort of sin mysteries. Verse 8 and 9 talk about the eventual coming of God. ...then shall that wicked be revealed... The 'wicked here referred to satan and his cohort, and also everyone that followed his precept. 'Revealed' showed us that it is not all the wicked work of satan and his people that we understand now, all the things that were done in secret places shall be brought to light. Verse 9 says ...even Him, whose coming is after the working of satan with all power and signs and lying wonders. Imagine satan having power for signs and wonder? And bible is saying that Jesus will only come after he must have deceived a lot of people with his powers. My brothers and sisters, miracle, signs and wonders should not be your yard stick of knowing the real servant of God these days. There are a lot of miracles that are happening today that are not from God, but satan made people to believed it simply because of his lying wonders.
Come over to God's camp today, let the Holy spirit guild you to avoid been carried away by the lying wonders of satan and his cohort. Make a wise choice today and pray about it.
It shall be well with you. Good morning and happy weekend!
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 7:44am On May 27, 2013
May 27th, 2013

On friday and saturday last week we have been analyzing 2thess 2:7-12. Today we shall be considering verse 10.
This verse talks about how people can be deceived to continue in their unrighteousness. These days you see people going to a great extent to defend their unrighteous behavior. Why are they this deceived? In that same verse, 'because they receive not the love of the truth, that they might be saved'. The bible says 'and you shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free...' The most painful things in this matter is that, people that are deceived in their unrighteousness will always believe their actions are wrong, they may even find justification for the actions in the bible or among a spiritual leaders. Jesus christ is the truth, if you don't receive the gift of His love, you will definitely become a slave to unrighteousness without you knowing.
This morning, it is not only enough to believe you are not been deceived into unrighteousness, but ask the spirit of God to reveal your spiritual status to you, it is after then you will know if you are walking in the truth or not.
Pray very well this morning and it shall be well with you.
Good morning. Happy new week.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 7:00am On May 28, 2013
May 28, 2013

'But He was wounded for our transgression, He was bruised for iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed' isa 53:5. Am sure you can recite this verse even in your dream. But have you really observed each word of the verse? If you observed the verse well you will discover that the verse was written in past tense! Why? The past tense meant something significantly great.
When Jesus gave up the ghost on the cross of calvary, and said 'it is finished' it means the work of your healing, peace, freedom from sin etc had been completed. He has paid for our sickness, he has paid for our iniquities and we need not pay for all these again. Most of us are ignorant of this provisions.
This verse implied that when satan inflicted sickness on us, we need not run from pillar to post looking for healing, all we need do is claim the healing Jesus had already purchased for us. The knowledge of this fact is power. Don't let satan keep defeating you on a battle that had already been won by Jesus.
Is their any infirmity, trouble, iniquity in your life today? Go on your knees and claim your victory by faith. Tell satan the battled had already been won by Jesus, and it is time for you to enjoy the victory!
I join my faith with yours this morning, and I declare that any sickness, problem, difficulties, iniquities in your life this morning, as long as you believe in the power of God and you are a new creature, you are set free in Jesus name!
Go and enjoy the peace of God! It shall be well with.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 4:40pm On May 29, 2013
May 29, 2013

I was in the midst of some ministers yesterday and they were discussing a woman who was also part of their ministers. A successful woman indeed with a very good job and a lot of other goodies attached to her office. However, it was suddenly discoverd that she has been cheating seriously on her husband. Those ministers were wondering why on health she would do that, and to make the matter worse for up to 2years that she has been having this illicit affair, she has been ministering in the church.
I can not but wonder at which point this woman lost the battle of her soul to satan. It is obvious that she didn't start that way. A lot of christian today started well, but along the line, they forgot that satan is never tired of competing for their soul, no matter how powerful or anointed you are, his only project is to bring you down.
A lot of people we see today in the house of God has missed it somewhere along their christian life, and because people did not notice, they keep on pretending.
But how can you keep yourself going on the christian way and not loose steam or look back and be distracted? The bible says, 'Thy word have I hidden in my heart, that I may not sin against you'. Joshua1:8 'this book of law must not depart from your mouth...meditate their in day and night...' ' Watch and pray' you have to constantly renew yourself in the word of God daily ask for new anoiting everyday and pray violently for your christian life. God will see us all through.
Good morning. Happy Democracy day
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 10:37am On May 30, 2013
May 30, 2013

Psalm 127:1-2 'except the Lord build the house, they Labour in vain that build it... A lot of us have believed that a good success is totally by hard work, we may be right to an extent, but what is the place of God in given success?
My early days in the university, I refused to be associated with any fellowship activities, all I do is read all through including sunday. I was doing this because I wanted to top my class academically, however, the more I tried this, the more I didn't have anything to show for it.
Any hard work that doesn't have God at its center, its a good energy spent in a wrong way, because only God can give good success.
God eventually thought me this lesson towards the end of my school years when I was heavily involved in the work of God and fellowship activities, with the little contribution I was puting in place, God rewarded me with wonderful results.
Are you presently pursuing something now that is almost taking God and church activities from you, or you don't even have time to pray and read the bible in the morning before you set out for the days' work? Remember, it is only the grace of God that can make you succeed without adding sorrow. Create more time for God as from this morning, and let Him lead your life to the promised land.
Good morning. Have a nice day ahead.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 4:14pm On May 31, 2013
May 30th, 2013

Reading through the book of Romans 6. The Holy spirit gave me another perspection to the chapter.
Yielding to sin is by choice. The whole chapter is emphasizing the need to be dead to sin. When christ died, He has defeated satan and sin, and it is expected of us to be also dead to sin, and rise again as a new creature just like 2cor 5:17 has told us. Verse 12 of our today text says 'let not sin reign in your mortal body that you should obey its lust thereof' it means we can allow just a little sin into our life by choice, and soon it gradually becomes a giant force that we will have to obey. The bible says beware of little vices... When you therefore make a choice to commit a 'little' sin, u are directly surrendering yourself as a slave to satan to rule you.
Make a better choice this morning, choose to say the truth instead of saying a little lie, choose to give your body to God instead to fornication and lust, choose to worship God with your life style instead dragging His name in the mud, choose to fill your heart with the words of God and spiritual songs than to read and listen to immoral books and songs. You can decide not to obey sin any longer, u can decide not to be a slave to sin again.
Ask Holy spirit to help uphold you in your decision.
Good evening.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 7:08am On Jun 01, 2013
June 1, 2013

Psalms 46:1-3 talks about God as our refuge and strength, a present help in times of trouble. Refuge is like a safe house, a place of security and comfort in the face of danger and insecurity. The bible say the name of the Lord is a strong tower, the righteous runs in, and they are safe. Someone can not build a refuge without a potential danger. The world as we have it today is full of dangers both physically and spiritually.
The good new is that God is always present at your beckon through it all. God won't jump to save you, He won't beg u to come and make use of the already available refuge, you have to ask for His help, have faith in Him and believe He can save you.
Most of the time we face challenges this days, we tend to find solutions on our own first, we tend to find refuge in other people like spouse, parent and friend. We only remember God as a last option. God is telling you today that He is always present, very close to you than you can imagine during your trials and difficulties. Call on Him today, and he will give you rest.
Good morning. Happy new month.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 7:38am On Jun 03, 2013
Today, we will be looking at 'strength' as seen in our text on saturday. As it was written in psalm 46: 1-3, God is our refuge and strength. Strength means; ability to do something or withstand a pressure. I
If we have the most powerful God has our strength, we will not only be able to withstand the pressure thrown to us by the world and kingdom of darkness, but we will also be able to attack where necessary. We will be able to command, exercise power and carry on successfully in our christian race.
Brethren, trials will come, persecution will come, temptation will come, attack from the kingdom of darkness will come, but we don't have to worry, all we need do is to make God our refuge and strength, then we not only be able to escape all these but we will be able to make an onslaught.
Enter into the realm of refuge and strength of God today, and be victorious.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 6:52am On Jun 04, 2013
4th, June, 2013

Gen 18, Abraham had an encounter with God, where he entertained them and got favoured in their sight. Shortly after the heavenly being headed to the town of Sodom where lot was living.
Abraham began the process of negotiating the number of righteous people that could be found there. Please is you have your bible around you, read this chapter of the scripture. The more abraham was bringing down the number, the more God agrees to his proposition.
And suddenly Abraham stopped to keep bringing the numbers down. One would expected him to keep bringing down until the number is one, because lot was there.
God stop saying yes to his demand when he stopped asking.
That is excatly what is happening to we christian today, we sudden stop relationship with God, simply because He has answered our prayer in some aspect.
Brothers and sisters, keep asking until your joy is full. Keep your relationship with God going consistently.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 7:17am On Jun 05, 2013
5th June, 2013

Proverb 31:30-31, Proverb 31:30-31. Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised. Give her out of the fruit of her hand, and let her own work praise her at the gate.
Though woman, was mentioned in the verses we are considering today, but that does not mean that this message is limited to ladies only. The bible told us here that favour is deceitful, a lot of favour we enjoy today are not from God. Our anxiety in life has made us to all opportunity has God's way, we no longer confirm it from God.
The bible also says, beauty is in vain; my brother and sisters, do you spend unnecessary time to look beautiful or handsome? Do you remember to take your packs of make up material while you forget to carry along your bible while you are traveling? Bros, how many time do you spend in front of a mirror or trying to have a perfect hair cut to look acceptable from people? Looking good is not bad in its real sense, but we have to know that what matters most is how we are beautiful in the sight of God, not how much people commend us. The bible says give her of the work of her hands... And let her work praise her... If God decided to pay you by how much you are spiritually beautiful, how pretty do you think you'll be?
Pray this morning that God should give grace to live a life pleasing unto Him in every part of your life.
Good morning. Have a wonderful day ahead.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 7:59am On Jun 06, 2013
I samuel 1:15 ...I am a woman with a sorrowful spirit... This was Hannah speaking in this verse when she went to shiloh to pray. Hannah has always been sorrowful for a good part of her life. Am sure she must have been praying for a while, she must have gone to the shiloh several time in the past to pray and yet nothing changed in her life.
But on this faithful instance, she decided to adopt another approach to receiving from God. Though she used combination of different strategies, but the one that is of interest to me today is 'faith'. Vs 18 says ...and she said, let thine handmaid find grace in thy sight, so the woman went her way, and did eat, and her contenance was no more sad. She choose to trust word of God through His servant(Eli) this time around, and she trusted totally, her heart, her mindset and her contenance changed immediately.
Many of us, after fasting and praying for several days still lack the 'faith' to believe it is done. Even when men of God prophesy, we say amen but our mind won't agree with it.
Pour your heart today, and choose to trust Him. Pray this morning that God will give you grace to trust Him more.
Good morning.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 11:36am On Jun 07, 2013
7th June, 2013

This morning, we will be considering the other method Hannah used to addressed her issue with God.
1sam 1:11, make us understand the conversation between Hannah and God. Hannah did what I will like to call a post dated commitment promise. If you observed it well, u will discovered she was talking from her heart, she has had time to consider all other option and she decided to have one on one conversation with God.
Showing a sincere commitment is one thing that moves God easily. God had always wanted to give a Hannah a child, He wanted to give her Samuel, samuel was a special son, and God wanted to give him to a commited individual, who can help in shaping his destiny. It was until Hannah decided to make a commitment of responsibility, not only for her alone, but also for the unborn child that God opened her womb.
Ask yourself today, what kind of commitment are u offering for what you have been praying for? If God gives you the desire of your heart, what assurance are you giving God that you will be responsible not only for yourself after the gift but also for the gift that God has giving unto you.
Good morning and have a nice day ahead.

For questions, comments or suggestion, please contact: toshine4u@yahoo.com
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 11:13am On Jun 08, 2013
8th June, 2013

For the past two days, we have been considering the life of Hanna in 1sam chapter 1. Today, we will also consider how she redeemed her pledge.
If you read through the chapter, you will know that she pledge to give her son to God when he is born. Just according to her promise, she gave back the child totally and voluntarily to God. Notice that she wasn't reminded, even when her husband forgot her pledge, she kept it in mind.
One thing that also interest me in the passage is that, Hanna did not only bring back Samuel, she came back with samuel and some other offering to the Lord. tell me, how won't God bless her more? Why won't she her record make a page in the bible?
We have to learn from this, when we are in a tight situation, we pledge a lot of things only to default in paying it back fully when God answer our prayer. Some people gives a lot of good excuses not to redeem their pledge, know that if God can no trust you with what He has given you, He won't also trust you with what you are asking for.
Pray for God to forgive you for all the ways you have defaulted in your pledges and make a conscious effort to make amendment.
Good morning.
Re: Voice Of Righteousness Daily Devotion by toshine1(m): 7:04am On Jun 10, 2013
Just when I thought the devotion on saturday will be the last on the story of Hannah, the Holy spirit revealed some certain thing about her life to me.
Open your bible with me to the book of 1sam 2:1-10. If you remember, the whole conversation between Hanna and God was short and even when she came to redeem her pledge in chapter 1, but immediately after all that, she conviniently used ten solid verses to praise God for what He has done. She extol the name of the Lord, saying all His attributes. What a thoughtful thing to do.
How much do you praise God for all He has done for you? Even the little you believe He has only done, He deserves our praise always!
I use to tell people, that we cry harder than we thank God. If someone close to us dies, or was involved in an accident, most of us we throw caution in the air and cry like a baby, but when that person was alive, we never thank God on his or behalf. Just imagine the if the little things and people you have today are taking away from you all, imagine how bad you will definately feel, praise God in the same level of emotion now for given you all those things and people.
Learn to praise God with passion and emotion, not for fashion and show off.
It is well with you, happy new week.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Concept Of God Is Absurd / The Jerusalem Shopkeeper's Assertion: What Really (matters In) Religion. / Muhammad Was An Abolitionist. He Purchased The Freedom Of Slaves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.