Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,795 members, 7,831,577 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Am I Obsessed With Saving Money? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Am I Obsessed With Saving Money? (9277 Views)

Delay In Clearing My Cars At Lagos Port...am I Being Scammed? / Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? / Saving Money Techniques! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Obsessed With Saving Money? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 27, 2008
I don't spend much too.

My friends think I'm being stingy to myself but I don't get it.

I prefer to stay simple and be loaded (in the bank)  cool
Re: Am I Obsessed With Saving Money? by Shinatu: 10:11am On May 02, 2008
@nwando

God bless you for this thread, It  sounds exactly as if  I posted it.
I just got my own Camera phone two weeks ago and I am also waiting for the cost of Plasma TVs to go down!
In all my years of working, I have never bought a 'tear rubber'(New car), although that must change this year, I am tired of this Cotonou runs grin

I go on vacation regularly though (just like you!) and I am planning another one for this summer.

I am glad to hear of your contribution to other people's lives, I am also  sensitive to needs of people around me and there is hardly a month without reaching out to someone.

I do not think you are stingy like some people have pointed out, I have neighbours who drive flashy cars and will never use their Generators to pump water for the use of everybody anytime there is a prolonged power shortage despite the fact that they run their generators constantly for their own personal comfort but they will be the first to start storing up water whenever 'stingy' people like me decide to do it!

This example is just to show that many seemingly 'generous' people will not spare a dime unless it on themselves.
Re: Am I Obsessed With Saving Money? by desodgi(m): 5:03pm On May 04, 2008
wow people dey conscious of poverty O shocked

@nwando

Are u married and av you got kids?
And hope u dnt make ur kids look cheap O,cos dats d last thing I'll take from ma wife. After spendin half of half of ma life in sch. dat dey might hav d best. cheesy cheesy
Re: Am I Obsessed With Saving Money? by suze(f): 3:52pm On May 13, 2008
whao, i admire u nwando. I'm not 2good at saving. But I'm gonna start . I'm gonna discipline maself
Re: Am I Obsessed With Saving Money? by Emmyz: 10:06pm On May 14, 2008
@Poster

i believe u are in the rigth direction to success, but the question i would like to ask is this:

"what is the need of working, if you cant enjoy your money?"

u need to use good things so that you would be happy for working, dont get me

wrong, am not saying saving is bad rather take time to unwind and get good things

for yourself. Remember, if you die today, who knows what some people who did not know

how you save the money would squander it.

Meanwhile, i respect your courage to desuade from being xtravagant.
Re: Am I Obsessed With Saving Money? by joshjosh(m): 5:57pm On May 20, 2008
@ nwando. you are a gem. i always had you as one of my all time favourite here and your stock value just increased with this powerful write up.

what most people don't realize is that the jone's they are trying to keep up with get these things free.

i admit i spend but mostly on making people around me happy and having comfortable lives.

however i don't joke with where i sleep so i wont compromise on the hotel and travel bills.

life is better being a wise woman. it is wisdom not to spend what you cant earn.
Re: Am I Obsessed With Saving Money? by selencious(f): 12:14am On Jan 22, 2010
Good for you Poster!!!  As for me, I love to spend and go shopping a lot. I save though,and I make sure I don't owe anything;not even on credit card. But that doesn't stop me from buying new and good things for miself. I ain gonna take the money to the grave anyways. Money is meant to be spent;wisely. If It's not necessary, I don't spend, but if I find something I love and I gat the money;I would def buy it.

1 Like

Re: Am I Obsessed With Saving Money? by buzzme: 4:02am On Jan 22, 2010
You can now make money now online thru FACEBOOK. I will be giving this for a cheap prize for the next two weeks and after that, i will increase the prize by 25%. You can contact me on +2347063247376.
Re: Am I Obsessed With Saving Money? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 20, 2014
Re: Am I Obsessed With Saving Money? by jta2012(m): 5:33pm On Aug 20, 2014
U are on the right path baby,bt i wl advise u diversify into other investments
such as real estate which offer appreciated values much more than savings ,
mutual funds and the stock market.
I see the picture of a very comfortable and conservative person who is aversed to
risks in all its ramifications.
But your investments are all cramped up in conservative investments which only offer
meagre appreciation in terms of savings interests and stocks appreciation.
At jta consulting,we can assist u in real estate and other investments as it suit U.

Thank You

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much Is Cefa To Naira Exchange Rate Today Black Market / Bitter Kola/ginger Buyers In Canada / /where Can I Get A Quality Ankara Manufacturing Company Or Businesses In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.