Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,160 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. (17899 Views)

Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) / Jonathan Performs Ground Breaking Of Gas Industrial Plant In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by OgbuefiNegro: 4:04am On May 01, 2013
PHIPEX: This you attempt at defending this huge error from Fashola doesn't make you look smart. Since when did our govt become a competitor in a business arena? Haven't you heard that "govt has no business being in business"? What stops Fashola from creating an enabling environmrnt for private auto-makers to thrive in his state? Can you mention any sector of the economy where a govt agency is in competition with private coys and how have they performed?

If Fashola can't patronise the local autos because they are owned by Igbos then he should stop talking as if he has the interest of the nation at heart. This project is more political than economic and I wouldn't be surprised if it's left as another abandoned project.

if states are encouraged to diversify and be self-sufficient and self-sustaining it removes over dependency on oil. dont you agree?

look at this diversification as a good thing and clap for Fashola.
Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by RickyRoss1(m): 6:33am On May 01, 2013
koruji: Why not? He will win if only people like you are in the voting booth come 2015.
You guys never fail to develop amnesia when it comes to OBJ's tenure.

Do you know how much debt Nigeria had hanging on its neck when OBJ came in?

I am not even going to go into the ramifications of OBJ's effort that almost "completely" wiped away that debt overhang. Safe to say that Mr. GEJ, the maker of phantom transformations, is already digging that "fateful" hole that will take decades upon decades to resolve.

[size=14pt]Quote of the day:[/size]
" It was noticed that they wagged their tails to him in the same way as the other dogs had been used to do to Mr. Jones." Animal Farm Ch. 5

I wanted to drag this far to get una true picture. I thought you people said Okonjo Iweala is evil simply bc shes of Igbo Extractor? So now you all have admitted NOI did marvelous job by wiping Nigeria's debt under OBJ? Hehehe, una never seize to amaze me

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by Angel778(f): 6:47am On May 01, 2013
The igbo people never seize to amaze me, why is it dat anytime fashola sneeze you people wil catch cold? why is it dat when fashola spit, u people will start coughing? no matter d good work dat man do in lagos, which d world see as laudable and credible, you people will be ready to bring him down and condemn it. assuming fashola is from south east now, i know u noisemakers will not allow us to rest. u'l be ranting "ibo's are innovativ, intelligent, smart, blablablabla.... u are always fast to condemn any goodthin dat happd in Lagos bt u still stay in lagos and even south west to enjoy every benefit there witout problem 4rm anybody. how many yoruba's are there in d east, compare to the populatn of d easterner in d west? how many hausa's are there in d east compare to the easterner in d north. You will never stay and develop ur region bt will be ready to put down and condemn those who develop theirs in which u are benefiting from.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by RickyRoss1(m): 6:56am On May 01, 2013
Angel_777: The igbo people never seize to amaze me, why is it dat anytime fashola sneeze you people wil catch cold? why is it dat when fashola spit, u people will start coughing? no matter d good work dat man do in lagos, which d world see as laudable and credible, you people will be ready to bring him down and condemn it. assuming fashola is from south east now, i know u noisemakers will not allow us to rest. u'l be ranting "ibo's are innovativ, intelligent, smart, blablablabla.... u are always fast to condemn any goodthin dat happd in Lagos bt u still stay in lagos and even south west to enjoy every benefit there witout problem 4rm anybody. how many yoruba's are there in d east, compare to the populatn of d easterner in d west? how many hausa's are there in d east compare to the easterner in d north. You will never stay and develop ur region bt will be ready to put down and condemn those who develop theirs in which u are benefiting from.

This is not Igbo vs Yoruba thread. It is you lots that catch cold each time GEJ name is mentioned.
Nobody is saying Fashola is not trying. In all my posts I always commend him, I know how dirty Lagos used to be and I know how it is now, he is doing good work in Lagos, but he is over hyped.

Go to AkwaIbom state and see action governor, see road and world class projects. Many of the projects were posted here and we know what your people said about it.

This project is good if it will come to fruition. Infact I have always wondered why Lagos never compelled the likes of Tata to establish assembly plants in Lagos bc of the number of Tata buses on Lagos roads.

What I have said and will keep saying is, if someone outside yoroberland made this same announcement without pictures you people will be calling him names. I know what you lots said when Rochas said he is going to build Africas tallest tower in owerri. Thats what am talking about.
Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by omenka(m): 7:48am On May 01, 2013
There must be something outstandingly fantastic about this State governor for the agents of the killer party to always wanna compare him (a mere state govnor) with the president (leader of 36 states).

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by OgbuefiNegro: 7:54am On May 01, 2013
Ricky_Ross:

This is not Igbo vs Yoruba thread. It is you lots that catch cold each time GEJ name is mentioned.
Nobody is saying Fashola is not trying. In all my posts I always commend him, I know how dirty Lagos used to be and I know how it is now, he is doing good work in Lagos, but he is over hyped.

Go to AkwaIbom state and see action governor, see road and world class projects. Many of the projects were posted here and we know what your people said about it.

This project is good if it will come to fruition. Infact I have always wondered why Lagos never compelled the likes of Tata to establish assembly plants in Lagos bc of the number of Tata buses on Lagos roads.

What I have said and will keep saying is, if someone outside yoroberland made this same announcement without pictures you people will be calling him names. I know what you lots said when Rochas said he is going to build Africas tallest tower in owerri. Thats what am talking about.

in every civilized society in which heroes are discovered, their heroism is always overhyped. thats the way of human nature! Fashola is a hero.

please let him enjoy the hype to whatever scale the people will confer it upon him.

Akwa Ibom does not have one third the size of population in Lagos. per square mile of city block, Orlando, Florida, is far more aesthetically pleasant and beautiful than New York City. If you remove Manhattan from NY everything else is an eyesore.....but yet, NY City is the place to be. Orlando has no standing when talking of NY. Stop mentioning Akwa Ibom where Lagos is in discussion.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by OgbuefiNegro: 7:56am On May 01, 2013
omenka: There must be something outstandingly fantastic about this State governor for the agents of the killer party to always wanna compare him (a mere state govnor) with the president (leader of 36 states).

we are not comparing thrones.....we are measuring output!
Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by lekkie073(m): 8:42am On May 01, 2013
vanunu: There is a company in the south east that is manufacturing buses for city transportation and this company is privatel owned what stops Fashola from patronizing this company, this is very serious.
Did u just said south east? Land of fakes! shocked

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by DaLover(m): 8:48am On May 01, 2013
The champion governor and the pride of the Yorubas can never be seen directly promoting Igbo business acumen...
His runs against all established laws of Igbo-Yoruba supremacy competition.

Convenient excuses will always be found as to why it cannot be so.
Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by ibabz(m): 9:49am On May 01, 2013
The resources are there for him to chop, sorry I mean share wit Tinubu, I mean use wit Tinubu.
Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by anonimi: 10:23am On May 01, 2013
ode remo:
i hope we are all clear on the diff. btw. manufacturing plant and assembly plant.

Nor mind the propaganda team of the Association of Conmen in Nigeria, ACN.
Anything and everything must be exagerated if not outright lie.

BTW, why is CLUELESS Fashola having government do business directly
When others are privatising government moribund businesses so they can be run efficiently and government makes more money through taxes as was the case with telephones and now power!

He should focus his energy and resources on providing the BASIC services of pipeborne water, clean gutter to avoid flooding, primary health centres, primary & secondary school buildings etc. Those are the things that DEFINE a society.
That is why Kim Kardashian can call Nigeria DISGUSTING after receiving $500,000 to appear for a few hours here.

Bunch of lootocratic clowns!!!

Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by RickyRoss1(m): 10:33am On May 01, 2013
Ogbuefi_Negro:

in every civilized society in which heroes are discovered, their heroism is always overhyped. thats the way of human nature! Fashola is a hero.

please let him enjoy the hype to whatever scale the people will confer it upon him.

Akwa Ibom does not have one third the size of population in Lagos. per square mile of city block, Orlando, Florida, is far more aesthetically pleasant and beautiful than New York City. If you remove Manhattan from NY everything else is an eyesore.....but yet, NY City is the place to be. Orlando has no standing when talking of NY. Stop mentioning Akwa Ibom where Lagos is in discussion.

What you are saying is the opposite. The most developed parts of Lagos cannot measure with even the dirties parts of NYC. Lagos ranks amongst the dirties cities in the world. I CANNOT live in Lagos, I hate the way of life there, the noise, the pollution, the dirt's, the noise making, the crazy driving and everything that has to do with Lagos. Lagos is a place to make quick money and thats it. When you talk of cities to live, Lagos cannot be mentioned. Calabar, Enugu, Uyo, Jos etc takes the lead before Lagos and this is a FACT.

As for Hyping you are free to hype your own as much as you want, but can you lots allow others to even mention the names of the other better leaders in Nigeria? With or without hyping, The state governors of Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Enugu has out performed Fashola by far. For example, the types of primary and secondary schools Amaechi has built in rivers state cannot be found anywhere in Lagos state and these are 100% free with free school uniforms, textbooks/notebooks etc. Rivers students receive monthly bursary while the Lagos state owned university fees has been increased by more than 150% by Fashola, if it were PDP governor we for nor hear word.

The best road in Lagos is the Lekki road but it is tolled, same thing will happen to the bridge they are about to commission in Ikoyi. But go to Akwa Ibom state and see better road networks done by JULIUS BERGER and the roads are 100% free.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by RickyRoss1(m): 10:34am On May 01, 2013
anonimi:

Nor mind the propaganda team of the Association of Conmen in Nigeria, ACN.
Anything and everything must be exagerated if not outright lie.

BTW, why is CLUELESS Fashola having government do business directly
When others are privatising government moribund businesses so they can be run efficiently and government makes more money through taxes as was the case with telephones and now power!

He should focus his energy and resources on providing the BASIC services of pipeborne water, clean gutter to avoid flooding, primary health centres, primary & secondary school buildings etc. Those are the things that DEFINE a society.
That is why Kim Kardashian can call Nigeria DISGUSTING after receiving $500,000 to appear for a few hours here.

Bunch of lootocratic clowns!!!

WORD
Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by Nobody: 11:31am On May 01, 2013
Omo_Tier1: Tell me why this man shoukd not be Nigeria's president cone 2015

Because while Innocent Chukwuma is producing vehicles and selling, he is busy ranting like a baby that govt supports importation of finshed products..

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by Nobody: 11:32am On May 01, 2013
blacksta: I hope Innoson gets involved grin

For where, do you want them to run him down
Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by Nobody: 11:33am On May 01, 2013
t-something:
After this story of this so called plant which is at an advanced stage, the only pictures you could attach to support this story was Fashola's face and the picture of the 3 wise men. And already gullible Nigerians have already believed this scam and wish he was their President .

Tell me something...
Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by Nobody: 11:41am On May 01, 2013
vanunu: I don't support state or federal government diving into car manufacturing due to past experiences, Fashola should instead invest in infrastructure, that is what government all over the world do, what is the point establishing a factory that will collapse immediately you leave office.

He is not a businessman so let him learn by doing...
Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by basadenet: 11:53am On May 01, 2013
welcome development but we want to see the impact on the citizenry.
Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by Angel778(f): 12:05pm On May 01, 2013
ibabz: The resources are there for him to chop, sorry I mean share wit Tinubu, I mean use wit Tinubu.
As ur own state govnnr dey chop ur own resource. i no no wetin concern nna agbero wth overload, abi na ur south east money den dey chop. come to think of it, we can see glaringly all wat they did in lagos n which every lagosians be it 4rm d east, west, north and south benefit from.
Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by opendo21(m): 12:27pm On May 01, 2013
Db boy: Nigeria politician scoring cheap point America grew from a harsh environment so also can we,<b>government never built multinational companies so also can we, henry Ford produced more than 10millions cars from his production line without the use of electricity in 1930s so also can we,JP morgan first investment banker to bail the bankrupt US government so also can we, Rockerfella became th richest man in the world from nothing without goverment help so also can we,andrew carnegie became the first steel magnet from nothing no government grant no policy making on government side no electricity by then but he defied all odds so also can we only if we fix our mind to a solution,there is a solution for every problem,</b>neccesity breed genius black man wake up our destiny is in our hand we musnt wait for things to be in place b4 we get up and work goverment would never be the answer we all end up getting F*u*c*ked allover by the self asserting mesiah (politician) trust me black man no body cares about you it all about survival the weak ones are left to roast so wake up and work rather than expecting goverment do every thing for you which would never happen .
This is arguably the best comment I've ever seen been made on this forum. If every political commentator would just put him/herself in a governor's shoes for just 1 month, what do you think you can achieve that would transform your country forever? I know most of u will say 1 month is not enough, but really I ask, how long will it take to transform the world's most populous black nation? 1 year, 10 years? 100 years? I rest my case
Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by drnoel: 12:45pm On May 01, 2013
t-something:
After this story of this so called plant which is at an advanced stage, the only pictures you could attach to support this story was Fashola's face and the picture of the 3 wise men. And already gullible Nigerians have already believed this scam and wish he was their President .
Ma broda thank you. Yet people that commented above u are screaming fashola for 2015. When the man is only just talking and talking and we are yet to see actions. He will talk himself to death.
Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by bloggernaija: 12:58pm On May 01, 2013
rhymz: Fashola is a good leader no doubt but at times, you Yoruba folks like to exaggerate the man's work and turn him into a tin god. He is not the only performing governor you know?

Exaggerate?It seems you have no clue the kind of work and how hard it is to get things done in Lagos. First of all, he has to source for funds to embark on project. Do you think the 10 billion naira a month allocation from FG is even enough to pay the salaries,gratuities and pensions of lagos civil servants.He then has to go to his angry already overtaxed constituency to generate tax revenues.
Then he has to embark on projects bearing in mind that the ones he just completed will be in need of maintenance very soon due to over population, theft,vandalism etc .then he has to do the job(security) of the useless federal government for GEJ .
Fashola's handling of everything from the environment to road construction has been class by itself considering the little resources he has. Lagos budget is less than the budget of the New York City transport department.
Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by omenka(m): 1:17pm On May 01, 2013
Ogbuefi_Negro:

we are not comparing thrones.....we are measuring output!

Is one's output not suposed to be judged based on the resources at one's disposal Granted, the president's scope of responsibility by far surpases that of a state govnor, but on a head to head basis (resources against liability), the govnor beats tha president hands down!
Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by phellycia2013(f): 1:27pm On May 01, 2013
PHIPEX: I like Fashola but at times he sounds like a regular politician. I passed through the State Secretariat this morning and saw several staff buses but one question that ran through my mind was how come a Gov that wants improvements in Nigeria Auto-mobile Industry couldn't afford to buy A SINGLE LOCALLY MADE STAFF BUS when private firms do that? What better support and advert will these firms employ than for Govts and its agencies to patronise them even if it's just one or two buses?
If he establishes this Manufacturing/assembling plants will it only be patronised by the state govt?
If he expects other State govts or private individuals to patronise it what stops him from patronising the existing local makers of automobile?
I wonder how economically viable it will be to establish a manufacturing plants just for Lagos BRT considering that plenty of the current BRT buses are owned by private companies, will he force them to patronise it?

Am afraid, what goes around could come around here.
mƔ dear! Fashola is a phucking politician! Both ACN n PDP aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ thieves, jx dt one Ơ̴͡Ƒ̶̷̩̥̊͡ em is stealing stylishly and D̶̲̥̅̊ other is nt! Dey want Ƭo̶̲̥̅̊ assemble cars, sth we once tried and it failed, well there is ₪☺ harm I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ trying again, but dunno ♓☺W sincere his intentions aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥. We av so many things Ƭo̶̲̥̅̊ try n manufacture. Let em look I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ other dimensions

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by rhymz(m): 1:34pm On May 01, 2013
bloggernaija:

Exaggerate?It seems you have no clue the kind of work and how hard it is to get things done in Lagos. First of all, he has to source for funds to embark on project. Do you think the 10 billion naira a month allocation from FG is even enough to pay the salaries,gratuities and pensions of lagos civil servants.He then has to go to his angry already overtaxed constituency to generate tax revenues.
Then he has to embark on projects bearing in mind that the ones he just completed will be in need of maintenance very soon due to over population, theft,vandalism etc .then he has to do the job(security) of the useless federal government for GEJ .
Fashola's handling of everything from the environment to road construction has been class by itself considering the little resources he has. Lagos budget is less than the budget of the New York City transport department.
You lot like to forget the fact that unlike others, Lagos has a lot of advantages and avenues to make money. Besides, the 10billion monthly allocation from the FG, Lagos has the added advantages and large pool to Tax both formal and informal businesses, something most states can not do, Lagos by Landmass is one of the smallest states second to Bayelsa state so it is easy to have an all-round development impression, compare that to the landmass of Akwa Ibom, Enugu, Rivers, Imo State, Anambra or Cross-Rivers and see how much development they need in comparison. Lagos by virtue of its former status has been the core recipient of most of the FDI and private fundings from Multinationals, we can't all tie every development to Fashola. Unlike in places like Uyo, Owerri, Enugu and Calabar where their developments are largely government driven, Lagos has all the support from these third parties coupled with the huge Monthly amounts from both Tax and FG yet all we see are moderate developmental strides with misplaced elitist projects and huge propaganda work.
Guy, there is nothing you can tell me about Lagos, I live here in Lagos, right here in surulere, Ojuelegba area, this is like the centre part of Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by OgbuefiNegro: 1:39pm On May 01, 2013
Ricky_Ross:

What you are saying is the opposite. The most developed parts of Lagos cannot measure with even the dirties parts of NYC. Lagos ranks amongst the dirties cities in the world. I CANNOT live in Lagos, I hate the way of life there, the noise, the pollution, the dirt's, the noise making, the crazy driving and everything that has to do with Lagos. Lagos is a place to make quick money and thats it. When you talk of cities to live, Lagos cannot be mentioned. Calabar, Enugu, Uyo, Jos etc takes the lead before Lagos and this is a FACT.

As for Hyping you are free to hype your own as much as you want, but can you lots allow others to even mention the names of the other better leaders in Nigeria? With or without hyping, The state governors of Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Enugu has out performed Fashola by far. For example, the types of primary and secondary schools Amaechi has built in rivers state cannot be found anywhere in Lagos state and these are 100% free with free school uniforms, textbooks/notebooks etc. Rivers students receive monthly bursary while the Lagos state owned university fees has been increased by more than 150% by Fashola, if it were PDP governor we for nor hear word.

The best road in Lagos is the Lekki road but it is tolled, same thing will happen to the bridge they are about to commission in Ikoyi. But go to Akwa Ibom state and see better road networks done by JULIUS BERGER and the roads are 100% free.

if Americans were looking for a clean and sane place to live NY City would be empty. If Nigerians were needing a safe and clean place to live Akwa Ibom would be more populated than Lagos.

Stop twisting this rope around your neck. Your brothers vote with their feet. Akwa Ibom is next door to you. Why do they risk lives and limbs to travel long distance on unsafe roads, abandoning Akwa Ibom, to go settle in Lagos? There is an enchantment. It is called EKO FOR SHOW!

nobody does it like Lagos does.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by rhymz(m): 1:49pm On May 01, 2013
Ogbuefi_Negro:

if Americans were looking for a clean and sane place to live NY City would be empty. If Nigerians were needing a safe and clean place to live Akwa Ibom would be more populated than Lagos.

Stop twisting this rope around your neck. Your brothers vote with their feet. Akwa Ibom is next door to you. Why do they risk lives and limbs to travel long distance on unsafe roads, abandoning Akwa Ibom, to go settle in Lagos? There is an enchantment. It is called EKO FOR SHOW!

nobody does it like Lagos does.
hahahahah. . . Talk of Ignorance! Go to Uyo and see how many Igbo people live there. You Yoruba folks need to leave Lagos and the SW region to realize that Lagos is not the only place where there is a large population of non-indigenes especially Igbo people. You go to Abuja, Kaduna, Kano, PortHarcourt, Sokoto, Zamfara, Uyo, Calabar there is a large population of both Igbos and other southern tribes, I don't know why you lot seem to think it is only in Lagos that people go to or only Lagos has a lot of non-indigenes. . .lol. Abeg comot for that Lagos waka small.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by OgbuefiNegro: 1:59pm On May 01, 2013
rhymz: hahahahah. . . Talk of Ignorance! Go to Uyo and see how many Igbo people live there. You Yoruba folks need to leave Lagos and the SW region to realize that Lagos is not the only place where there is a large population of non-indigenes especially Igbo people. You go to Abuja, Kaduna, Kano, PortHarcourt, Sokoto, Zamfara, Uyo, Calabar there is a large population of both Igbos and other southern tribes, I don't know why you lot seem to think it is only in Lagos that people go to or only Lagos has a lot of non-indigenes. . .lol. Abeg comot for that Lagos waka small.

we don't claim it......your own people claim it for us, they put the CROWN on our head and made us the most attractive city for Igbo business and living. When Igbos vote Uyo, Calabar, Zamfara as the most business friendly we will put the CROWN down and shut our mouth.

until that time....EKO FOR SHOW !

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by dederocs(m): 2:12pm On May 01, 2013
Eko'ile...Fashola for president-for a civilized,developing Nigeria.
Fashola is always doing big things and 10years ahead of other lame criminal governors whose people will come here talking down Fashola.
I love you Fashola,you are a great man-greater than Jonathan and the other Governors put together.so proud of being a lagosian.
Fashola has set a big precedent,Lagos state deserves the best mind,and atitude for the job after his dispensation rolls over.
Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by dederocs(m): 2:16pm On May 01, 2013
phellycia2013: mƔ dear! Fashola is a phucking politician! Both ACN n PDP aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ thieves, jx dt one Ơ̴͡Ƒ̶̷̩̥̊͡ em is stealing stylishly and D̶̲̥̅̊ other is nt! Dey want Ƭo̶̲̥̅̊ assemble cars, sth we once tried and it failed, well there is ₪☺ harm I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ trying again, but dunno ♓☺W sincere his intentions aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥. We av so many things Ƭo̶̲̥̅̊ try n manufacture. Let em look I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ other dimensions
Stop being a pesimist,Fashola has not yet failed,we must give him a chance.
Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by dederocs(m): 2:18pm On May 01, 2013
rhymz: You lot like to forget the fact that unlike others, Lagos has a lot of advantages and avenues to make money. Besides, the 10billion monthly allocation from the FG, Lagos has the added advantages and large pool to Tax both formal and informal businesses, something most states can not do, Lagos by Landmass is one of the smallest states second to Bayelsa state so it is easy to have an all-round development impression, compare that to the landmass of Akwa Ibom, Enugu, Rivers, Imo State, Anambra or Cross-Rivers and see how much development they need in comparison. Lagos by virtue of its former status has been the core recipient of most of the FDI and private fundings from Multinationals, we can't all tie every development to Fashola. Unlike in places like Uyo, Owerri, Enugu and Calabar where their developments are largely government driven, Lagos has all the support from these third parties coupled with the huge Monthly amounts from both Tax and FG yet all we see are moderate developmental strides with misplaced elitist projects and huge propaganda work.
Guy, there is nothing you can tell me about Lagos, I live here in Lagos, right here in surulere, Ojuelegba area, this is like the centre part of Lagos.
Your point is baseless...point one Governor doing better than Fashola?
Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by ekoilee: 2:35pm On May 01, 2013
rhymz: hahahahah. . . Talk of Ignorance! Go to Uyo and see how many Igbo people live there. You Yoruba folks need to leave Lagos and the SW region to realize that Lagos is not the only place where there is a large population of non-indigenes especially Igbo people. You go to Abuja, Kaduna, Kano, PortHarcourt, Sokoto, Zamfara, Uyo, Calabar there is a large population of both Igbos and other southern tribes, I don't know why you lot seem to think it is only in Lagos that people go to or only Lagos has a lot of non-indigenes. . .lol. Abeg comot for that Lagos waka small.

Going by your peoples claim about your population in Lagos, there are more ibo people in Lagos than the entire population of Akwa Ibom?

You people obviously love to fool and deceive yourselves sha.

Its a sad shame that you people can not hold up any of your any of your states or your leaders and you have to always go to Akwa ibom of all places for reference when talking about lagos as if your own land doesn't exist in Nigeria. A glorified village that's 50 years behind lagos....smh

Is Akwa ibom iboland?

This clearly highlights your problem, your leadership failure and lack of importance and relevance in today's Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Zakzaky's Brother Supports Army's Actions During Zaria Clash / We’re Ready For Dialogue, Militants Reply Buhari / Fayose Rejects Dickson Committee Report, Vows Never To Work With Modu Sheriff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.