Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,157 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. (17891 Views)

Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) / Jonathan Performs Ground Breaking Of Gas Industrial Plant In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by EkoIle1: 12:13pm On Apr 30, 2013

LAGOS State Governor, Babatunde Raji Fashola, has lamented that the harsh operating environment and other challenges have become major factors facing local assembly plants in the country.

According to him, establishing local assembly plant in the country has been tough for local automobile companies including some state governments who wish to establish assembly plants.

He gave some of the problems as government’s inconsistent policies, power failure, non-protection of local market, bank’s high interest rate and lack of local sources of raw materials.

Besides, he said government policies still allow foreign importation of finished vehicles into the country, the heavy reliance on foreign input and other factors was the reason why most of the country’s renowned auto plants became moribund and collapsed of local markets.

The governor said that the sector remains a veritable development yardstick in measuring development of the country’s economy, adding the sector was only contributing as low as five per cent to the nation’s Gross Domestic Product and providing employment to about 10 per cent of the country’s workforce.

Fashola, however, said that his administration has begun the process of establishing a bus production plant in Epe for the manufacture of big buses to support the BRT vehicles in the state.

Specifically, he said the plant would be solely for the production of locally made buses, adding that the pilot scheme for the project has reached an advanced stage.

He noted that the Epe plant would consist of state-of-the-art facility, where buses and spare parts would be manufactured and assembled for local markets.

The Managing Director, Zahav Automobile Nigeria Limited, Nasser Jammal, said the Federal Government’s clarion call for local companies to come in and set up assembly plants in the country was far from the truth, pointing out that government has not done enough to protect local manufacturers towards such patronage, since some automobile companies are still being allowed to import finished vehicles into the country.

Jammal, whose company is into the production of locally-made-in-Nigeria pick-up vehicles, blamed the government for the challenges facing manufacturers, adding that the sector cannot thrive unless government comes up with robust policy that will give first of right refusal to local manufacturers to dominate the local market.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by EkoIle1: 12:15pm On Apr 30, 2013
l

Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by OmoTier1(m): 12:47pm On Apr 30, 2013
Tell me why this man shoukd not be Nigeria's president cone 2015

15 Likes

Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by slimming: 1:00pm On Apr 30, 2013
Fashola is a type of a leader who know what to do
Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by blacksta(m): 1:04pm On Apr 30, 2013
I hope Innoson gets involved grin

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by fkaz(m): 1:15pm On Apr 30, 2013
Good initiative from the state govt, with time i won't be surprised to see other state govt patronising their product.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by tsomething: 1:24pm On Apr 30, 2013
After this story of this so called plant which is at an advanced stage, the only pictures you could attach to support this story was Fashola's face and the picture of the 3 wise men. And already gullible Nigerians have already believed this scam and wish he was their President .

31 Likes

Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by Nobody: 1:28pm On Apr 30, 2013
blacksta: I hope Innoson gets involved grin

Why should Innoson be involve, let them grow on their own and make the industry vibrant, Thats what the economy needs!

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by vizboy(m): 1:35pm On Apr 30, 2013
Fashola. Hmmmm Nice one you are working for the good of ur people
Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by RickyRoss1(m): 2:12pm On Apr 30, 2013
If GEJ made this announcement these ACN thugs would be here calling him names like retardeeen etc, but since na Fashola they are ready to even call him Jesu Kristi. I hate people that are biased and selfish. Fashola is working, he is one of the best governors in Nigeria but believe me he is over hyped.

This project is a welcomed development if it will materialize. These days I dont believe any politician till I see with my own naked eyes. Enough of these fake promises. Show us the factory when it is commissioned and we will praise and shout.

13 Likes

Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by biafransoul: 2:14pm On Apr 30, 2013
the hypocricy on this forum ala some peeps is so unbelievable. imagine it was FG that made that pronounciation without any tangible evidence..

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by ekoilee: 2:37pm On Apr 30, 2013
biafran soul: the hypocricy on this forum ala some peeps is so unbelievable. imagine it was FG that made that pronounciation without any tangible evidence..

The only problem with your rubbish is GEJ can not make such pronouncement simply because he's too dull and incompetent,and he has no vision so its very impossible.

GEJ used to be a governor like fashola and he did not build a single bird cage so how is going to build buses?

His best vision and pronouncement so far is cassava bread.

Btw.. is GEJ your state governor? what about your own state governor? how come you people don't talk about them?

Because you people know they are useless and worthless so you don't even bother to talk about them...

Fashola is the least of your worries, you losers should pay more attention to your villages and your isi ewu do nothing governors..

35 Likes

Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 30, 2013
I thought I was the only person that noticed the foul smelling hypocrisy of these ACN e-warriors. Many more people are taking note

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by RickyRoss1(m): 3:52pm On Apr 30, 2013
eko ilee:

The only problem with your rubbish is GEJ can not make such pronouncement simply because he's too dull and incompetent,and he has no vision so its very impossible.

GEJ used to be a governor like fashola and he did not build a single bird cage so how is going to build buses?

His best vision and pronouncement so far is cassava bread.

Btw.. is GEJ your state governor? what about your own state governor? how come you people don't talk about them?

Because you people know they are useless and worthless so you don't even bother to talk about them...

Fashola is the least of your worries, you losers should pay more attention to your villages and your isi ewu do nothing governors..

Guy I will advise u go check your BP, the way you shiver at the mention of GEJ name is alarming. OBJ misruled Nigeria for 8 years and you didnt say anything. GEJ is under 4 yrs and you are already crying fowl.

So far, GEJ is the best Nigerian president ever. No other Nigerian president has ever delivered so much projects under 3 years. I know bc I just left Nigeria last month. No matter how you rant online, GEJ will rule Nigeria beyond 2015. GEJ is not arrogant like OBJ and the rest, he is cool headed and doesn't make noise. We know the empty vessels makes the most noise. If GEJ decides to contests the next general election, he will win by a BIG margin and there is nothing you can do about it other than ranting on nairaland.

20 Likes

Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by oderemo(m): 3:56pm On Apr 30, 2013
Fashola, however, said that his administration has begun the process of establishing a bus production plant in Epe for the manufacture of big buses to support the BRT vehicles in the state.
i hope we are all clear on the diff. btw. manufacturing plant and assembly plant.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by kingingkinging: 5:18pm On Apr 30, 2013
t-something:
After this story of this so called plant which is at an advanced stage, the only pictures you could attach to support this story was Fashola's face and the picture of the 3 wise men. And already gullible Nigerians have already believed this scam and wish he was their President .

You should have known Mr Fash by now. He does not talk before action.

He does not set committee for issues that need urgent action.

My gov

7 Likes

Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by ekoilee: 5:27pm On Apr 30, 2013
Ricky_Ross:

Guy I will advise u go check your BP, the way you shiver at the mention of GEJ name is alarming. OBJ misruled Nigeria for 8 years and you didnt say anything. GEJ is under 4 yrs and you are already crying fowl.

So far, GEJ is the best Nigerian president ever. No other Nigerian president has ever delivered so much projects under 3 years. I know bc I just left Nigeria last month. No matter how you rant online, GEJ will rule Nigeria beyond 2015. GEJ is not arrogant like OBJ and the rest, he is cool headed and doesn't make noise. We know the empty vessels makes the most noise. If GEJ decides to contests the next general election, he will win by a BIG margin and there is nothing you can do about it other than ranting on nairaland.

I'll Ignore the rest of your Reterdeen nonsense and even if you label him the president in the world, you are allowed that level of stupidity, ignorance and delusions, but ill ask you just one question...

GEJ was a governor like fashola, so please show us one single thing the dullard archived as a governor, ill take even a dog cage if he built one...?

13 Likes

Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by Fhemmmy: 5:44pm On Apr 30, 2013
Nice one, but could start with nice way to make sure those buses are always on the road with good maintenance, but i give this guy kudo for great work
Buses purchased by BRT wont be enough to sustain a bus production plant

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by slimfit1(m): 5:45pm On Apr 30, 2013
It's not going to last we don't have the will
Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 30, 2013
A lot of people might call him names, some can even proov he is a fraud..... But my goodness, this man has surpassed any Nigerian(at worst, Lagos) governor by miles when it comes to performance.....

Now I know there's still a lot to do, but had tinubu's tenure been this progressive, imagine how far Lagos would have come.

I just hope whoever(pdp,acn or whatever party) comes on after this guy sustains and continue in these giant strides.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by GeneralJ(m): 5:46pm On Apr 30, 2013
Abeg, the people that are calling this scam, how is this a scam, show us proof that its a scam abeg please... Lagos state is developing, you are here calling it a scam, instead of you to be trying to motivate other state govnernors to folloow in OGA fash's footsteps you are hating.
Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by yuzedo: 5:47pm On Apr 30, 2013
Bus Production or ASSEMBLY Plant?? undecided undecided undecided undecided Stop this lubbish.
Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by 32D: 5:51pm On Apr 30, 2013
[size=18pt]THIS IS THE MAN[/size]

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by nl1stmadmann: 5:51pm On Apr 30, 2013
[size=18pt]Sopara nakiun sontafanamapakala falapa ?[/size]
Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by nl1stmadmann: 5:53pm On Apr 30, 2013
Fhemmmy: Nice one, but could start with nice way to make sure those buses are always on the road with good maintenance, but i give this guy kudo for great work
Buses purchased by BRT wont be enough to sustain a bus production plant

[size=18pt]supayanma sako folokomukatafiamaka ?[/size]
Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by brabus(m): 5:58pm On Apr 30, 2013
This is Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 30, 2013
Fash for 2015

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by PHIPEX(m): 6:08pm On Apr 30, 2013
I like Fashola but at times he sounds like a regular politician. I passed through the State Secretariat this morning and saw several staff buses but one question that ran through my mind was how come a Gov that wants improvements in Nigeria Auto-mobile Industry couldn't afford to buy A SINGLE LOCALLY MADE STAFF BUS when private firms do that? What better support and advert will these firms employ than for Govts and its agencies to patronise them even if it's just one or two buses?
If he establishes this Manufacturing/assembling plants will it only be patronised by the state govt?
If he expects other State govts or private individuals to patronise it what stops him from patronising the existing local makers of automobile?
I wonder how economically viable it will be to establish a manufacturing plants just for Lagos BRT considering that plenty of the current BRT buses are owned by private companies, will he force them to patronise it?

Am afraid, what goes around could come around here.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by vanunu: 6:08pm On Apr 30, 2013
I don't support state or federal government diving into car manufacturing due to past experiences, Fashola should instead invest in infrastructure, that is what government all over the world do, what is the point establishing a factory that will collapse immediately you leave office.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by Nobody: 6:08pm On Apr 30, 2013
Epe gatts the juice!!

Big ups to the governor for remembering the hometown.
Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by Ucheosefoh(m): 6:11pm On Apr 30, 2013
t-something:
I wonder oh. No source yet the op want us to believe this news, no doubt Fashola is working but a news without a source is nothing but a rumour
Re: Lagos State Bus Production Plant In Epe. by ceejay05(m): 6:12pm On Apr 30, 2013
Ricky_Ross: If GEJ made this announcement these ACN thugs would be here calling him names like retardeeen etc, but since na Fashola they are ready to even call him Jesu Kristi. I hate people that are biased and selfish. Fashola is working, he is one of the best governors in Nigeria but believe me he is over hyped.

This project is a welcomed development if it will materialize. These days I dont believe any politician till I see with my own naked eyes. Enough of these fake promises. Show us the factory when it is commissioned and we will praise and shout.
shut up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Civilians Among Dead In Nigeria's Boko-Haram Offensive - Aljazeera / Ali Modu Sheriff Arrives Akure, Ondo To Flag Off Campaign For Jimoh Ibrahim / We’re Ready For Dialogue, Militants Reply Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.