Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

We’re Ready For Dialogue, Militants Reply Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’re Ready For Dialogue, Militants Reply Buhari (17891 Views)

Why We’re Accepting Buhari’s GCON Award To Gani Fawehinmi — Family / “I Am In The Village, When I Come Back" - Orubebe Vows To Reply Buhari / "We Are Not Lazy". Nigerian Youths Reply Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’re Ready For Dialogue, Militants Reply Buhari by sarrki(m): 6:07am On Dec 28, 2016
Chukwudi Akasike, Port Harcourt

NIGER Delta militants on Tuesday expressed their readiness to engage the Federal Government in dialogue to ensure that peace reigned in the oil-rich region.

The militants said the decision to embrace dialogue was reached after a meeting held on Tuesday under the auspices of the Coalition of Niger Delta Groups.

The militants, who made their position known in a statement via an electronic mail to The PUNCH, said they had no personal grudge against President Muhammadu Buhari and were ready to work together with his administration to make Nigeria better.

President Buhari had on Sunday called on the militants to come forward for dialogue over the Niger Delta crisis.

The leader of the Niger Delta Watchdogs, General John Duku; General Ekpo Ekpo of the Niger Delta Volunteers, Commander Henry Okon Etete of the Niger Delta Peoples Fighters and Commander Asukwo Henshaw, the spokesperson for the Bakassi Freedom Fighters who signed the statement, agreed to embrace peace.

“We wish to assure Mr. President that the Niger Delta militants and the people are 100 per cent ready for dialogue. We have no personal grudge against him and his government and we promise to work together to make Nigeria better,” the agitators said.

The militants commended President Buhari for calling on the Niger Delta militants to negotiate with the Federal Government.

They, however, condemned the call by the Senate for the resignation of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Dr. Babachir Lawal, saying such a call was not in the interest of the country.

Explaining that they had uncovered a plot by some politicians to sponsor militants to protest for the removal of Lawal, the militants warned that they would resist any attempt to sack the SGF.

“We strongly condemn the recent call for the resignation of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation by the Senate. The call on Mr. President to remove the SGF is uncalled for, unpatriotic and not in the interest of the nation.

“The allegation levelled against Mr. Lawal is baseless, without facts and the handiwork of saboteurs, who are planning to bring down and destroy this government by all means, knowing very well that the SGF is the engine room of this government, hard working, 100 per cent loyal to the President and a threat to some self-centred politicians.

“It is on record that the SGF has resigned his position as the Managing Director of the company (his accusers talked about) as soon as he was appointed as the SGF.

“He neither presided over nor acted on behalf of the company anymore. However, a Senate committee refused to invite the SGF for public hearing because they know what they were up to and must deliver based on the directive from their paymasters,” the statement read.

The agitators stated that they were aware of plans to move millions of naira into the Niger Delta to mobilise some youths and militants to protest against the SGF, using some powerful governors in the oil-rich region.

http://punchng.com/ready-dialogue-militants-reply-buhari/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’re Ready For Dialogue, Militants Reply Buhari by sarrki(m): 6:10am On Dec 28, 2016
Good one

God bless Muhammadu buhari

God bless federal Republic of Nigeria

Enemies of Nigeria won't be happy at this news

73 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We’re Ready For Dialogue, Militants Reply Buhari by kilode100(f): 6:10am On Dec 28, 2016
Yawns

5 Likes

Re: We’re Ready For Dialogue, Militants Reply Buhari by midolian(m): 6:16am On Dec 28, 2016
Awon weyrey! Una for no ready. By the time our soldiers finish giving you the Boko treatment, y'all will be crying foul through the anus.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We’re Ready For Dialogue, Militants Reply Buhari by nzeobi(m): 6:18am On Dec 28, 2016
Let's now see if government, is ready for genuine dialogue or this is going to be another mouth action.

The militants quoted above talk like political contractors. Why business do they've with the SGF.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Ready For Dialogue, Militants Reply Buhari by malakus(m): 6:24am On Dec 28, 2016
Good morning NLanders

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Ready For Dialogue, Militants Reply Buhari by AgbenuAnna(f): 6:25am On Dec 28, 2016
Buhari d militants wants to dialogue. *we need to talk*

1 Like

Re: We’re Ready For Dialogue, Militants Reply Buhari by Atiku2019: 6:30am On Dec 28, 2016
Militants becoming Billionaires, while the average Niger-Delta youth who doesn't want to indulge in Militant activities goes hungry without a penny in his pocket...

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Ready For Dialogue, Militants Reply Buhari by fiizznation: 6:36am On Dec 28, 2016
The fear of "Operation crocodile smile" is the beginning of wisdom. I guess they are tired of seeing the crocodile smile at them and so embracing dialogue was the best thing they could have done. And what I find funny about the militants activities is the foolish way they blow up their own lands with their own hands thinking they are hurting the president. Of course buhari won't remain in Asovilla forever. He will eventually leave some day.

So what is the logic behind burning your own house just to spite your neighbour? Foolish militants, you shouldn't have embraced dialogue, rather you should have blown the entire Niger/delta back to the stone-age.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We’re Ready For Dialogue, Militants Reply Buhari by Corrinthians(m): 6:38am On Dec 28, 2016
Some people who see the instability in the niger delta as a valuble catalyst for sustenance and promotion of their uncanny agenda would frawn at this news.

Waiting for them to come insult the president and get their daily dose of likes.

Nigeria will rise again i believe.

25 Likes

Re: We’re Ready For Dialogue, Militants Reply Buhari by fiizznation: 6:38am On Dec 28, 2016
Atiku2019:
Militants becoming Billionaires, while the average Niger-Delta youth who doesn't want to indulge in Militant activities goes hungry without a penny in his pocket...
I guess you are tired of hailing them whenever they blow up their lands

24 Likes

Re: We’re Ready For Dialogue, Militants Reply Buhari by Atiku2019: 6:42am On Dec 28, 2016
fiizznation:

You can never see me hailing Bokoharam or Militancy Bro.. Go through my posts

10 Likes

Re: We’re Ready For Dialogue, Militants Reply Buhari by bayelsaowei(m): 6:42am On Dec 28, 2016
midolian:
Awon weyrey! Una for no ready. By the time our soldiers finish giving you the Boko treatment, y'all will be crying foul through the anus.
shatap.......

The army and buhari can do zilch but negotiate...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Ready For Dialogue, Militants Reply Buhari by bayelsaowei(m): 6:44am On Dec 28, 2016
fiizznation:
The fear of "Operation crocodile smile" is the beginning of wisdom. I guess they are tired of seeing the crocodile smile at them and so embracing dialogue was the best thing they could have done. And what I find funny about the militants activities is the foolish way they blow up their own lands with their own hands thinking they are hurting the president. Of course buhari won't remain in Asovilla forever. He will eventually leave some day.

So what is the logic behind burning your own house just to spite your neighbour? Foolish militants, you shouldn't have embraced dialogue, rather you should have blown the entire Niger/delta back to the stone-age.
what useless operation crocodile..crocodiles that can't even swim..abeg make we hear word..

Buhari begged for talks and they are just creating room for that..no sucker can joke with the Niger delta...

Especially individuals or tribes that are non Niger deltan..

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We’re Ready For Dialogue, Militants Reply Buhari by KidsNEXTdoor: 6:47am On Dec 28, 2016
sarrki:
Good one

Are the so called enemies of Nigeria also Nigerians ?
If yes..then.. There are enemies within ..
A country with enemies within can never prosper......

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We’re Ready For Dialogue, Militants Reply Buhari by Stalwert: 6:48am On Dec 28, 2016
I thought they wanted beerfraud? Useless ipob will be left isolated with their stewpidity.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Ready For Dialogue, Militants Reply Buhari by fiizznation: 6:49am On Dec 28, 2016
Atiku2019:

You might not have hailed them on nairaland, but you hailed them somewhere else, maybe in some social gathering, etc.

6 Likes

Re: We’re Ready For Dialogue, Militants Reply Buhari by KidsNEXTdoor: 6:49am On Dec 28, 2016
fiizznation:

Sunni Muslim
Weldone work

8 Likes

Re: We’re Ready For Dialogue, Militants Reply Buhari by Seriousboy: 6:50am On Dec 28, 2016
When did these millitants became SGF spokesperson?
Whatever will increase my bank accounts and make lives more enjoable to masses, let this corrupt government do it.

#WE ARE TIRED OF BEING LIED TO#

4 Likes

Re: We’re Ready For Dialogue, Militants Reply Buhari by donbrowser(m): 6:52am On Dec 28, 2016
sarrki:
Good one
Oga forget that thing. We have heard this story many times. I don't see any dialogue happening.

6 Likes

Re: We’re Ready For Dialogue, Militants Reply Buhari by sarrki(m): 6:53am On Dec 28, 2016
Atiku2019:

You are a patriot

Morning bro
Re: We’re Ready For Dialogue, Militants Reply Buhari by onnenka: 6:53am On Dec 28, 2016
Wetin concern militants with SGF? Which kind APC militants be that one?
Fake news.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Ready For Dialogue, Militants Reply Buhari by fiizznation: 6:54am On Dec 28, 2016
KidsNEXTdoor:

Sunni Muslim
Weldone work
No you have forgotten, I'm not only a "sunni muslim" but the leader of all sunni muslims

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Ready For Dialogue, Militants Reply Buhari by donbrowser(m): 6:55am On Dec 28, 2016
fiizznation:
You might not have hailed them on nairaland, but you hailed them somewhere else, maybe in some social gathering, etc.
Some people like you will come to Nairaland, type rubbish and lay emphasis on it by making it bold and adding colour.
Mtcheew

13 Likes

Re: We’re Ready For Dialogue, Militants Reply Buhari by sarrki(m): 6:55am On Dec 28, 2016
KidsNEXTdoor:

Sunni Muslim
Weldone work

Must you bring religion into everything

Please grow up

9 Likes

Re: We’re Ready For Dialogue, Militants Reply Buhari by KidsNEXTdoor: 6:55am On Dec 28, 2016
Stalwert:
I thought they wanted beerfraud? Useless ipob will be left isolated with their stewpidity.
Wat is ur concern
If we are isolated
U heard Buhari begging ystday...crocodile smile my foot
Look at the innocent 3sc player they murdered in cold blood ....
Useless country

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Ready For Dialogue, Militants Reply Buhari by Aufbauh(m): 6:55am On Dec 28, 2016
And we've conquered our fight in every sides,
from Borno to Bayelsa.
God bless Nigeria!

6 Likes

Re: We’re Ready For Dialogue, Militants Reply Buhari by sarrki(m): 6:56am On Dec 28, 2016
donbrowser:

Some people like you will come to Nairaland, type rubbish and lay emphasis on it by making it bold and adding colour.
Mtcheew

Write your own nah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We’re Ready For Dialogue, Militants Reply Buhari by shaggy007(m): 6:57am On Dec 28, 2016
fiizznation:

grin guy you just want find trouble this bright morning.

1 Like

Re: We’re Ready For Dialogue, Militants Reply Buhari by Agimor(m): 6:58am On Dec 28, 2016
Same mistake will be made again. They keep addressing the symptoms instead of the root cause. I pray Bubu get it right this time around.

3 Likes

Re: We’re Ready For Dialogue, Militants Reply Buhari by Stalwert: 6:58am On Dec 28, 2016
fiizznation:

grin cheesy lol you sabi say na persin wey dey celebrate bad news

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ochereome Nnanna Apologizes To Yoruba Nation / Remembering James Ocholi: One Year After His Death (Photos) / Yakasai Blasts Obasanjo Over Latest Open Letter To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.