Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,519 members, 7,826,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? (2470 Views)

The Religious Mind? / Theists And Atheists What Do U Think Of Pascal's Wager. / The Religious Symbolism Of The Twelve Days Of Christmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by ooman(m): 10:16am On May 04, 2013
striktlymi: Morning guy,

its not morning here, keep your greetings for the "Holy Father" tongue

striktlymi: Your opinion! Your right!!

It's all 'garbage in, garbage out' man...if you use a vehicle like a boat what do you get? If an invention is not used for what it is not designed for, you get garbage in return...man was not designed to commit sin...man did commit sin and discovered his folly only too late.

what is this ooo??

Striky said "because a child lied about eating a meat in the pot, therefore he is doomed to contract STDs immediately spontaneously"

Nice logic

btw, what exactly is the sin of man?

striktlymi: So you don't even know my positions and you are still posting? Anyways, whatever I give here is what I as an individual believes and affirms...I don't know what a deist would argue in this circumstance.

I know your position, i just want to confirm. I know you to be a theist-deist cagey catholic tongue

striktlymi: [size=15pt]This is laughable...what has reproducing your kind has to do with evolving? Don't tell me you believe that a human being can reproduce a lion through s*x...
[/size]
shocked grin shocked grin shocked grin shocked grin shocked grin grin shocked grin shocked grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked
After reading this, I have decided i need salvation

Yes, I need to be saved from Striktlymi who obviously doesnt know what "reproduce YOUR kind" and "reproduce other kinds" means. grin grin

And also doesnt know that evolution means reproducing other kinds with time, and so, evolution destroys creation.

Religious people love to be willingly dumb

striktlymi: You still can't understand what I mean...your words below should describe what you are:

macro computers are still very much alive

striktlymi: I guess you can do a better job with nature since you are soooooo intelligent?

better than god (if there is one), yes man is

striktlymi: bold is empty man...

Empty!

why am i not surprised!

striktlymi: Of-course I am dumb...I am so dumb that my dumbness made the Guinness book of world record...but despite I still understand that the human brain is more complex than a computer...I wonder why a smart guy like you do not know this.

because i know computer does more work than the human brain.

striktlymi: So according to your logic, the bold is the same as the person being non-existent?

ON NL? YES

striktlymi: I have explained the above before...

your answer was nothing to take seriously!

striktlymi: The above is silly...refer to my earlier comment on this

refer above

striktlymi: The above is really touching...coming from one who thinks that the human brain is less complex.

than a titan? yes

striktlymi: Look into the mirror and the definition of OLODO will jump right at you...tell that computer to post on nairaland without the input from a human brain and let's see how it can do that...

I laugh in tongues!!!

you know you dont have anymore argument. What we started debating was complexity of the brain and now you are drifting to freewill?

And dont worry about that, effort is underway to make a processor with human dna, when that becomes successful, i wonder where you will put your face then and what you will do with your god.
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by Nobody: 10:26am On May 04, 2013
ooman:

its not morning here, keep your greetings for the "Holy Father" tongue

You don't even realize that nairaland is a 'virtual world'...and in this 'world' it is morning.

ooman:
what is this ooo??

Striky said "because a child lied about eating a meat in the pot, therefore he is doomed to contract STDs immediately spontaneously"btw, what exactly is the sin of man?

I know your position, i just want to confirm. I know you to be a theist-deist cagey catholic tongue

shocked grin shocked grin shocked grin shocked grin shocked grin grin shocked grin shocked grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked
After reading this, I have decided i need salvation

Yes, I need to be saved from Striktlymi who obviously doesnt know what "reproduce YOUR kind" and "reproduce other kinds" means. grin grin

And also doesnt know that evolution means reproducing other kinds with time, and so, evolution destroys creation.

Religious people love to be willingly dumb

macro computers are still very much alive

better than god (if there is one), yes man is

why am i not surprised!

because i know computer does more work than the human brain.

ON NL? YES

your answer was nothing to take seriously!

refer above

than a titan? yes

you know you dont have anymore argument. What we started debating was complexity of the brain and now you are drifting to freewill?

And dont worry about that, effort is underway to make a processor with human dna, when that becomes successful, i wonder where you will put your face then and what you will do with your god.

Nice logic
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by Nobody: 10:28am On May 04, 2013
Microwave or Yahweh, which of the two can warm up my plate of rice?
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by Nobody: 10:32am On May 04, 2013
ifeness: Microwave or Yahweh, which of the two can warm up my plate of rice?

Yaweh could do that but he died with the invention of cameras and modern science.

Remember the good old days when he blew up sodom like a terrorist

1 Like

Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 04, 2013
ifeness: Microwave or Yahweh, which of the two can warm up my plate of rice?
Yahweh...

He sent down a wave of fire to roast some bulls Elijah sacrificed.. 1 Kings 18

He ain't much use for anything else though...

1 Like

Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by ooman(m): 2:03pm On May 04, 2013
striktlymi:

You don't even realize that nairaland is a 'virtual world'...and in this 'world' it is morning.

Nice logic

^^^is this yahweh?? shocked

1 Like

Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 04, 2013
ooman:

^^^is this yahweh?? shocked

You don't recognise your cousin? Thought you claim you evolved from the 'beast'?

2 Likes

Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by ooman(m): 2:31pm On May 04, 2013
striktlymi:

You don't recognise your cousin? Thought you claim you evolved from the 'beast'?

sorry but if yahweh made me, then he would look like that

and we didnt evolve from chimps olodo
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 04, 2013
ooman:

sorry but if yahweh made me, then he would look like that

and we didnt evolve from chimps olodo

Ah mehn...do I need to teach you everything?

Okay, since you are my pal, I will do just that...

**speaking very slowly**...I said "beast" not "chimp"...

Chimps and 'Apes' are related hence the relationship I used i.e cousin...
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by ooman(m): 2:49pm On May 04, 2013
striktlymi:

Ah mehn...do I need to teach you everything?

Okay, since you are my pal, I will do just that...

**speaking very slowly**...I said "beast" not "chimp"...

Chimps and 'Apes' are related hence the relationship I used i.e cousin...

see me see trouble.

do i need to teach you english again?

you said

striktlymi: You don't recognise your cousin? Thought you claim you evolved from [size=15pt]the[/size] 'beast'?

do you not know the application of the word 'the' that it refers to the subject ??

na wa ooo
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by Nobody: 2:53pm On May 04, 2013
ooman:

see me see trouble.

do i need to teach you english again?

you said

do you not know the application of the word 'the' that it refers to the subject ??

na wa ooo

LWKMD!!! Because I used the definite article?

This is so laughable...don't worry, there is hope! Go back and read my statement again...
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by ooman(m): 2:58pm On May 04, 2013
striktlymi:

LWKMD!!! Because I used the definite article?

This is so laughable...don't worry, there is hope! Go back and read my statement again...

you go and read it again

smh
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 04, 2013
ooman:

you go and read it again

smh

Would have schooled you on the use of the definite article but I will pass...I aint your teacher you know...
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by ooman(m): 8:21pm On May 04, 2013
striktlymi:

Would have schooled you on the use of the definite article but I will pass...I aint your teacher you know...

but you just did that, schooled me wrongfully
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 04, 2013
ooman:

but you just did that, schooled me wrongfully

Hmmm...
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by ooman(m): 9:04pm On May 04, 2013
striktlymi:

Hmmm...

rubbish for defeat
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by Nobody: 9:15pm On May 04, 2013
ooman:

rubbish for defeat

It's not about winning for me but you really believe you won?

Delusions man!
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by ooman(m): 9:19pm On May 04, 2013
striktlymi:

It's not about winning for me but you really believe you won?

Delusions man!

defeat does not necessarily mean win, its about you accepting the truth, which you did anyway, and thats defeat for you right there.
grab your dictionary to check to entries of defeat.
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by Nobody: 9:38pm On May 04, 2013
ooman:

defeat does not necessarily mean win, its about you accepting the truth, which you did anyway, and thats defeat for you right there.
grab your dictionary to check to entries of defeat.

Which truth?
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by ooman(m): 9:45pm On May 04, 2013
striktlymi:

Which truth?

that the human brain is not the most complex thing in all of nature

that there is no god

that the atheist wager is just too cool and sure
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by Nobody: 9:48pm On May 04, 2013
ooman:

that the human brain is not the most complex thing in all of nature

that there is no god

that the atheist wager is just too cool and sure

See delusions o!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by ooman(m): 9:49pm On May 04, 2013
striktlymi:

See delusions o!!! shocked shocked shocked

see lies o!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by Nobody: 9:53pm On May 04, 2013
ooman:

see lies o!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

Point out the lies from my posts and shame me...
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by ooman(m): 9:55pm On May 04, 2013
striktlymi:

Point out the lies from my posts and shame me...

tongue

striktlymi: [size=15pt]This is laughable...what has reproducing your kind has to do with evolving? Don't tell me you believe that a human being can reproduce a lion through s*x...
[/size]

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

among others
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by Nobody: 9:58pm On May 04, 2013
ooman:

tongue

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

among others

[size=20pt]OLODO!!![/size]
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by ooman(m): 10:00pm On May 04, 2013
striktlymi:

[size=20pt]OLODO!!![/size]

PERFECT NAME TO QUALIFY YOURSELF tongue tongue
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by Nobody: 10:02pm On May 04, 2013
ooman:

PERFECT NAME TO QUALIFY YOURSELF tongue tongue

Complete waste of time man...
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by ooman(m): 10:35pm On May 04, 2013
striktlymi:

Complete waste of time man...

exactly what you are

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Incredible In Unilorin / Discussion Of Whether The Watchtower Society Is A Cult Group / What Is Your Favorite Story In The Old Testament Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.