Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,024 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? (2465 Views)

The Religious Mind? / Theists And Atheists What Do U Think Of Pascal's Wager. / The Religious Symbolism Of The Twelve Days Of Christmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by Nobody: 8:45pm On May 02, 2013
ooman:

waiting.....

I said no break dance tongue
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 02, 2013
ooman: ^^^in case thats too complicated here is one for you kid tongue

Complicated ke? You wish...
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by ooman(m): 9:40pm On May 02, 2013
striktlymi: Now let's see what you have here...

Well guy, I am of the opinion that Paschal's wager cannot really be termed a 'religious wager' because his thoughts actually encompasses the religious and irreligious point of view (which includes the view point of some Atheists), though he tried to see it from the perspective of religion,...

OK, but we focus on his religious view now and you religious religists (google religism) love to use it against atheists and so, since it has become a general theist against atheist parlance, it becomes religious against nonreligious parlance tongue

striktlymi: What logic thinks? This is going to be interesting surely...

...c'mon now ooman, is that the dictate of logic? Logic tends towards the realm of science i.e. it deals with the principles and criteria of validity. Now will you say it would be valid to conclude that there is no God? This really will be a very wrong conclusion given the premise you have up there...

Your argument really is thus:

For something/someone etc to exist there must be some form of evidence...

There is no evidence for God...

Hence there is no God...

A critical review of the above argument would reveal the flaw inherent in it...for starters, the premise is false and when a conclusion is derived from a false premise, then that conclusion is necessarily false...lack of evidence does not prove that something or someone does not exist. Since this argument is not valid, it falls outside the realm of logic...

though the above is absolute hair splitting, lets see how your analogy differs from god.

For starters, you religious apologetic religists seem to always forget that your god is claimed to be a living god.

You love to use analogy of a non living thing in place of a living thing, god, and that is what normally kills your argument.

God is the most conscious complex being that could ever exist, you claim, therefore, if such a being exist, the whole universe will be bleeding for the evidence of such a person.

I am not god, yet, nairaland religious section (at least) bleed for the evidence that i am real somewhere, but this is not true for god, its not true for any god.

So if god exist, i repeat, he wont be so elusive to find, so, in the case of god - absence of proof means absolute evidence of his non existence.

striktlymi: This still falls outside the realm of logic because the argument lacks validity...the fact that we have so many religions who have various views about God does not negate the fact that there exist one creator from whom everything came to be.

and you gave a reply that shows you misconstrued point number 2.

Do i have to send you back to your english teacher so that he/she/it can teach you again that saying
ooman: Even if there is a god

means the speaker is giving room for the existence of the subject in that sentence?

striktlymi: C'mon now, do you honestly know the view of religious folks? Okay let's have a look...

A simple question is: do you consider the individual who invented the automobile more complex than his invention? If your answer is 'yes' why then is this difficult to accept?

duh??!!!!!!!!! see me see trouble oooooo shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

just another question, do you consider the individual who invented/built the first rocket MORE complex than his invention?? or those who invented the plane ? ?? ?? ?? fastest computer that contains billions of processors?? ?? ?? ?? ??

now to your question - if by complex, you mean - has more parts (which it should be), then yes. Adult human body have limited organs below 20 in number and about 203 bones. But do you know how many parts is in contained in a car, not to talk of trailer, or luxurious bus, counting the number of seats in a luxurious bus, BRT, is enough to show that automobiles are more complex than human body. And what more, they are larger, stronger, durable, stable, shaped etc etc etc.

striktlymi: I have seen a number of individuals who claim to know a friend and when I asked them to tell me a bit about this friend, they gave me different accounts of this friend...each account says a little about this friend but nothing encompassing...if this can happen to an individual who we can see and touch, how much more God?

well, if that is true, muslims will not tell christians they will burn in hell and vice versa tongue

striktlymi: Only one God is true, we only have different perspectives of this one true God.

yea, i know about three in one of the xtian god and i take it that is what you mean because i see no way different perspective of a perfect god should cause confusion, murder and war.

striktlymi: ...and you would know this? A number of persons have experienced God...at least I know I have.

yea, i also thought i experienced god. Remember i was a xtian. I also spoke in tongues (madness - always feel embarrassed to say that but its ineluctable), thought i heard god, even thought i saw jesus. But now, thanks to nature, i now know that such experiences are just our brains playing pranks on us.

and even devil worshipers have visions of satan, a zeus worshiper once claimed zeus came to him etc etc etc so why should i take you seriously about that

striktlymi: The probability of worshiping God when one decides to worship him is always one i.e P(G) = 1; the only ish would be how an individual decides to worship him...the ways are different but God is always worshiped irrespective of the ways...I might need to expound on this later.

yea you would say this because now you are putting yahweh and other 'idols' in the same category, yahweh will be angry at you for that remember Exo 20v4 tongue your hell is certain

striktlymi: The above is not what I believe...I believe firmly that everyone has an equal opportunity of making heaven...all that is needed is sincerity...everyone need not be a Christian or Muslim etc before he or she makes heaven...even Atheists can make heaven given the right circumstances.

now you are beginning to see the points of the OP

striktlymi: yes an Atheist can make heaven if and only if that Atheist is sincere in his convictions and does right in line with the principles of right conscience...one does not make heaven simply because he is an Atheist, the Atheist must work to merit heaven...

Striky, here now i may agree with you. I will even give you a bible verse to prove your point (which you should have done) Job 40 v 10 - 14 says (precis)-If you are righteous, then even I would praise you, for our own strength would save you. NLT

striktlymi: Now, if an individual who was a Christian and in all sincerity he believes Christianity is the way to God but decides to become an Atheist because of the 'easy life' then from the onset, that individual is not sincere and does wrong by God...this individual can only make heaven by following the way God has carved out for him e.g Christianity.

Ok, here i disagree. Atheists dont disbelieve because of 'easy life' - whatever that means - but for lack of evidence of god.

So, if nature lacks evidence of god, if god is so elusive to find, whose fault is that? man's or god's?
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by Nobody: 10:57pm On May 02, 2013
Hmmm...

ooman:

OK, but we focus on his religious view now and you religious religists (google religism) love to use it against atheists and so, since it has become a general theist against atheist parlance, it becomes religious against nonreligious parlance tongue

I take exception to the term: "religists" for obvious reasons...I do not dislike people on the grounds of religion or creed.

ooman:
though the above is absolute hair splitting, lets see how your analogy differs from god.

Let's go there...

ooman:
For starters, you religious apologetic religists seem to always forget that your god is claimed to be a living god.

First of, I aint smart enough to be an apologist and like I have expressed before, I do take exception at being called a "religists"...call me a f00l instead; and of-course God is alive.

ooman:
You love to use analogy of a non living thing in place of a living thing, god, and that is what normally kills your argument.

Using the known as a means of explaining the unknown shouldn't come as something strange to you...

ooman:
God is the most conscious complex being that could ever exist, you claim, therefore, if such a being exist, the whole universe will be bleeding for the evidence of such a person.

This is where you get it wrong my friend...the Universe is filled with evidence of a creator and hence God.

ooman:
I am not god, yet, nairaland religious section (at least) bleed for the evidence that i am real somewhere, but this is not true for god, its not true for any god.

Now look at it this way...we know that the id: ooman exists cause we can see threads (and posts) opened (created) by that id...in the same way, the world (nay, the Universe) is evidence that someone or something put it there by one means or the other. Just as ooman's threads are proofs, so too the Universe is a proof of God.

ooman's threads or posts cannot just jump out of the blues without ooman making the effort to create them...the Universe too did not just jump out of the blues...God is responsible for it.

ooman:
So if god exist, i repeat, he wont be so elusive to find, so, in the case of god - absence of proof means absolute evidence of his non existence.

That is grossly incorrect...God is not elusive, you just choose to ignore him (whether willingly or not, I don't know). Anyways, your argument is very flawed because if ooman stops posting on nairaland today (i.e he becomes 'elusive') does this mean that ooman has seized to exist?

ooman:
and you gave a reply that shows you misconstrued point number 2.

Do i have to send you back to your english teacher so that he/she/it can teach you again that saying

means the speaker is giving room for the existence of the subject in that sentence?

duh??!!!!!!!!! see me see trouble oooooo shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Empty man! Just empty!!

ooman:
just another question, do you consider the individual who invented/built the first rocket MORE complex than his invention?? or those who invented the plane ? ?? ?? ?? fastest computer that contains billions of processors?? ?? ?? ?? ??

Are you honestly asking this question? What can be more complex than the human brain as regards the items you mentioned up there?

ooman:
now to your question - if by complex, you mean - has more parts (which it should be), then yes. Adult human body have limited organs below 20 in number and about 203 bones. But do you know how many parts is in contained in a car, not to talk of trailer, or luxurious bus, counting the number of seats in a luxurious bus, BRT, is enough to show that automobiles are more complex than human body. And what more, they are larger, stronger, durable, stable, shaped etc etc etc.

Now see here ooman, I need to let out a laugh...are you defining complex in terms of what has more parts? Are you saying that God is complex because he has more parts than what we have in the Universe? This indeed is laughable man!

ooman:
well, if that is true, muslims will not tell christians they will burn in hell and vice versa tongue

If I tell you that you will burn in hell, does that mean that you would? Or I tell you that tomorrow you will fall from the Earth, does that mean that it would happen like that? You should know that talk is cheap...

ooman:
yea, i know about three in one of the xtian god and i take it that is what you mean because i see no way different perspective of a perfect god should cause confusion, murder and war.

Different perspectives are really not what is responsible for the murders and wars...man is!!!

ooman:
yea, i also thought i experienced god. Remember i was a xtian. I also spoke in tongues (madness - always feel embarrassed to say that but its ineluctable), thought i heard god, even thought i saw jesus. But now, thanks to nature, i now know that such experiences are just our brains playing pranks on us.

Nah men...you chased after shadows man. I have never spoken in tongues but this does not mean that I do not have the gifts or fruits of the spirit...I really am not one Christian to deceive himself all in the name of 'holy pretext'...

ooman:
and even devil worshipers have visions of satan, a zeus worshiper once claimed zeus came to him etc etc etc so why should i take you seriously about that

I don't know what some other person sees man and really you need not believe what I say...you are not under any obligation to believe or take me seriously. I also do not take personal 'revelations' seriously, unless I experience them first hand.

ooman:
yea you would say this because now you are putting yahweh and other 'idols' in the same category, yahweh will be angry at you for that remember Exo 20v4 tongue your hell is certain

Your opinion man! Your right!!

ooman:
now you are beginning to see the points of the OP

Nope!

ooman:
Striky, here now i may agree with you. I will even give you a bible verse to prove your point (which you should have done) Job 40 v 10 - 14 says (precis)-If you are righteous, then even I would praise you, for our own strength would save you. NLT

I hear you!

ooman:
Ok, here i disagree. Atheists dont disbelieve because of 'easy life' - whatever that means - but for lack of evidence of god.

People do things for different reasons man...anyways, I didn't say every Atheist do that because of the 'easy life'.

ooman:
So, if nature lacks evidence of god, if god is so elusive to find, whose fault is that? man's or god's?

Who ever seeks MUST find...we are only lazy at seeking. God is closer than we realize.

1 Like

Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by ooman(m): 1:05am On May 03, 2013
striktlymi: Hmmm...

I take exception to the term: "religists" for obvious reasons...I do not dislike people on the grounds of religion or creed.

If you say so...

striktlymi:
Let's go there...

First of, I aint smart enough to be an apologist and like I have expressed before, I do take exception at being called a "religists"...call me a f00l instead; and of-course God is alive.

definition of an apologist : defender of belief: somebody who defends a doctrine or ideology
Microsoft® Encarta®

this is exactly what you do, so, you are an apologist of the dumb xtian faith

@bold - why not?? my flying pig is also alive!

striktlymi: Using the known as a means of explaining the unknown shouldn't come as something strange to you...

why not, just like using nonliving things to explain living things shouldnt come as strange to me, smh

striktlymi: This is where you get it wrong my friend...the Universe is filled with evidence of a creator and hence God.

Spits out .... thats irritating!!

Krauss tells us how the laws of nature are reactions based on possibilities and how imperfection of the universe destroys a designer God.

The major argument from me being: if the universe was created to be inhabited, why isnt life so common in the universe?? why is life hard to find if the universe was simply designed for life??

striktlymi: Now look at it this way...we know that the id: ooman exists cause we can see threads (and posts) opened (created) by that id...in the same way, the world (nay, the Universe) is evidence that someone or something put it there by one means or the other. Just as ooman's threads are proofs, so too the Universe is a proof of God.

except words cant form on the screen without my effort, but chemicals spontaneously form in nature

and my posts - syntax- shows intelligence behind the avatar ooman, which is never available in nature

and only one ooman can exist on NL, there cant be two to talk of thousands

and i always come around to update my status, which god never does, am not as lazy as a god that would start a work and abandon it.

striktlymi: ooman's threads or posts cannot just jump out of the blues without ooman making the effort to create them...the Universe too did not just jump out of the blues...God is responsible for it.

yea right, just like God too cannot simply come out of the blues and make everything!

striktlymi: That is grossly incorrect...God is not elusive, you just choose to ignore him (whether willingly or not, I don't know). Anyways, your argument is very flawed because if ooman stops posting on nairaland today (i.e he becomes 'elusive') does this mean that ooman has seized to exist?

i dont choose to ignore god, if i do i wont be debating his existence.

the most complex one in all of existence should be the most obvious, but this is not the case about god.

@bold - on NL, yes

in some other places, no

so if ooman stops posting, that immediately means hes no more on NL, just like your god is wanting in nature.

striktlymi: Empty man! Just empty!!

striktlymi: Are you honestly asking this question? What can be more complex than the human brain as regards the items you mentioned up there?

the human brain is just one organ in one body containing billions of cells, the processor is another 'organ' of a computer also containing billions of other units. Now multiple processors can be in a computer, but only one brain can be in a human body, so, the fastest computers, with multiple 'brains' remains much more complex than the human brain.

striktlymi: Now see here ooman, I need to let out a laugh...are you defining complex in terms of what has more parts? Are you saying that God is complex because he has more parts than what we have in the Universe? This indeed is laughable man!
complex:
1. complicated: difficult to analyze, understand, or solve
2. having many parts: made up of many interrelated parts

Microsoft® Encarta®

so now, who should be laughing, me or you who apparently need some English lesson

striktlymi: If I tell you that you will burn in hell, does that mean that you would? Or I tell you that tomorrow you will fall from the Earth, does that mean that it would happen like that? You should know that talk is cheap...

not if its supported by 'holy books' then its not. I wont take what people murder on or commit suicide on to be that cheap.

striktlymi: Different perspectives are really not what is responsible for the murders and wars...man is!!!

yea and this one god keeps quite!

nice logic!

striktlymi: Nah men...you chased after shadows man. I have never spoken in tongues but this does not mean that I do not have the gifts or fruits of the spirit...I really am not one Christian to deceive himself all in the name of 'holy pretext'...

why am i not surprised? am debating with a religious person, when it comes down to their revelation, they tell you you get it wrong as if you are the one that gives yourself that revelation. They think that makes their madness real.

Thats you and your kind right there.

If i was to be a xtian now, you'd say, holy mary bless you and your tongue, now that am an atheist, am a lair??

well, even those who believe in flying spagetti always defend his existence.

striktlymi: I don't know what some other person sees man and really you need not believe what I say...you are not under any obligation to believe or take me seriously. I also do not take personal 'revelations' seriously, unless I experience them first hand.

well, your revelations are reveries, they are not real

sorry man but revelations in science are called self induced mild psychosis (SIMP).

if you see visions, they are symptoms of SIMP, see a doctor immediately, because it may lead to Acute Personality Disorder (APD) then to depression, then death wish, then suicide e.g Rick Warren's son

Just as headache can be a symptom of another complication, visions, trances, hallucinations are symptoms of SIMP, see a doctor.

striktlymi: Your opinion man! Your right!!

nope, thats true

striktlymi: Nope!

sorry then, i thought you are now reading with your brain, i didnt know its still wrapped by biblical myths.

striktlymi: I hear you!

except your eyes aint functioning well and you are using a ear-help, you dont hear the things i write, you read them tongue

striktlymi: People do things for different reasons man...anyways, I didn't say every Atheist do that because of the 'easy life'.

are you suggesting that people become atheist so they could become fornicators and thieves, well sorry, those who do those still believe in some sort of juju, so they remain theists.

atheists are pure

striktlymi: Who ever seeks MUST find...we are only lazy at seeking. God is closer than we realize.

If god is closer than we "think" the we shouldnt have to find him at all before we see him.

I dont have to find the person next to me if he is close enough, i just see him, but this isnt true for god, because there isnt really any god anywhere.
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by Nobody: 5:07am On May 03, 2013
Good morning,Striktlymi. Sorry to budge in on you and your wooman's dance. grin

striktlymi:
Hmmm...
This is where you get it wrong my friend...the Universe is filled with evidence of a creator and hence God.
Maybe there's God. Maybe the Universe is evidence of a creator....Do you think he wants to be sought after? Do you think he needs or yearns for recognition?

striktlymi:
Now look at it this way...we know that the id: ooman exists cause we can see threads (and posts) opened (created) by that id...in the same way, the world (nay, the Universe) is evidence that someone or something put it there by one means or the other. Just as ooman's threads are proofs, so too the Universe is a proof of God.
Then God will be like a poster who only opens threads but never responds....

striktlymi:
ooman's threads or posts cannot just jump out of the blues without ooman making the effort to create them...the Universe too did not just jump out of the blues...God is responsible for it.

Agreed.

striktlymi:
Different perspectives are really not what is responsible for the murders and wars...man is!!!
The Bible also claims there have been wars in heaven. It seems this need to survive and be number one isn't just limited to man.

striktlymi:
God is closer than we realize.
Indeed. He might just be in our heads - a misuse of faith/imagination if you like....
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by ooman(m): 8:35am On May 03, 2013
musKeeto: Good morning,Striktlymi. Sorry to budge on you and your [size=15pt]wooman's dance.[/size] grin

guy, you are a gay tongue
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by Nobody: 8:37am On May 03, 2013
ooman:

guy, you are a gay tongue

You must be kidding me....

grin
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by ooman(m): 8:57am On May 03, 2013
musKeeto:

You must be kidding me....

grin

sorry but am quoting you...
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by Nobody: 10:17am On May 03, 2013
Good morning ooman,

Hmmm...now I wake up this fine morning to meet this...

ooman:

If you say so...

Yes men!

ooman:
definition of an apologist : defender of belief: somebody who defends a doctrine or ideology
Microsoft® Encarta®

this is exactly what you do, so, you are an apologist of the dumb xtian faith

I am indeed dumb but I aint an apologist...defending the belief? You must be kidding me...I only come to express my views concerning my faith and in case you haven't noticed...a lot of Christians here on nairaland think I am a lost cause...not that I care...

Anyways, if you are searching for champions of the Christian faith, real defenders then you would be looking the way of peeps like Inesqor, Chukky, Rey, Ubenedictus, Italo, Goshen, Pastor kuns, Anony and a host of others...

ooman:
@bold - why not?? my flying pig is also alive!

Still bent on incurring the wrath of the spaghetti monster?...your funeral man...your funeral!

ooman:
why not, just like using nonliving things to explain living things shouldnt come as strange to me, smh

Every scientific proof moves from what is known to the unknown...you don't start proving something by moving from the unknown to the known.

ooman:
Spits out .... thats irritating!!

Hope your saliva doesn't run dry cause you still have a lot of spitting to do by the time I am done with ya...

ooman:
Krauss tells us how the laws of nature are reactions based on possibilities and how imperfection of the universe destroys a designer God.

That's what Krauss tells you?...now go back and tell Krauss that striktlymi says that the supposed 'imperfections' of any design does not negate the existence of a designer (to include God). It's just like saying that a car that is 'badly' designed or a bridge that is designed 'badly' has no designer...or better still, it designed itself.

ooman:
The major argument from me being: if the universe was created to be inhabited, why isnt life so common in the universe?? why is life hard to find if the universe was simply designed for life??

Now ooman, I will tell you only what I know...God designed the Earth to be populated by living creatures and life is prevalent on Earth...I do not have information about life in other parts of the Universe, so guy I cannot comment on that.

ooman:
except words cant form on the screen without my effort, but chemicals spontaneously form in nature

Chemicals can do that because some thing or someone jump-started the process.

ooman:
and my posts - syntax- shows intelligence behind the avatar ooman, which is never available in nature

and only one ooman can exist on NL, there cant be two to talk of thousands

Only one ooman can exist because the designer made it so, if the designer of 'nairaland' did it such that two id's can exist simultaneously, it would have been so...in the same way, what we observe in nature is as a result of how God has designed it to be.

ooman:
and i always come around to update my status, which god never does, am not as lazy as a god that would start a work and abandon it.

I get regular updates from him, I wonder why you don't...

ooman:
yea right, just like God too cannot simply come out of the blues and make everything!

The above does not help your position because you believe that all these 'fiasco' started out of the blues...

ooman:
i dont choose to ignore god, if i do i wont be debating his existence.

Point of correction...you do not debate his existence, you affirm that he does not exist. They are two different things.

ooman:
the most complex one in all of existence should be the most obvious, but this is not the case about god.

I guess the brain is the most complex part of humans...do you honestly believe that it is the most obvious? There are a lot of mysteries still surrounding the human brain.

ooman:
@bold - on NL, yes

in some other places, no

Advocate666 has stopped posting for a while now, does this mean that the dude has seized to exist? Delusions man...pure delusions served freaking hot!

ooman:
so if ooman stops posting, that immediately means hes no more on NL, just like your god is wanting in nature.

Non-existence is different from not being available.

ooman:
the human brain is just one organ in one body containing billions of cells, the processor is another 'organ' of a computer also containing billions of other units. Now multiple processors can be in a computer, but only one brain can be in a human body, so, the fastest computers, with multiple 'brains' remains much more complex than the human brain.

This is unbelievable...**shouting** my neighbours make una come hear ooman o...the dude believes that the fastest computer is more complex than the human brain...I guess you also believe that the fastest computer can also have dreams and thoughts shey? LWKMD!!!

ooman:
complex:
1. complicated: difficult to analyze, understand, or solve
2. having many parts: made up of many interrelated parts

Microsoft® Encarta®

so now, who should be laughing, me or you who apparently need some English lesson

ooman I really do not want to make you look bad...go back to that definition again and quietly decipher between a computer (no matter how fast the processor) and the brain of the dullest Christian (which would be me) and determine which is more complicated, more difficult to analyze, understand or solve...this is your home work.

ooman:
not if its supported by 'holy books' then its not. I wont take what people murder on or commit suicide on to be that cheap.

People kill people!!!

ooman:
yea and this one god keeps quite!

nice logic!

...and when God smites someone who breaks the law, what would your response be?

ooman:
why am i not surprised? am debating with a religious person, when it comes down to their revelation, they tell you you get it wrong as if you are the one that gives yourself that revelation. They think that makes their madness real.

Opinions man...purely opinions!!

ooman:
Thats you and your kind right there.

If i was to be a xtian now, you'd say, holy mary bless you and your tongue, now that am an atheist, am a lair??

You definitely don't have an idea what I'd say...it seems you don't realize why some of my Christian brethren think I am an outcast...

ooman:
well, even those who believe in flying spagetti always defend his existence.

Their choice man!

ooman:
well, your revelations are reveries, they are not real

sorry man but revelations in science are called self induced mild psychosis (SIMP).

if you see visions, they are symptoms of SIMP, see a doctor immediately, because it may lead to Acute Personality Disorder (APD) then to depression, then death wish, then suicide e.g Rick Warren's son

Just as headache can be a symptom of another complication, visions, trances, hallucinations are symptoms of SIMP, see a doctor.

Your opinion man! Definitely your right!!

ooman:
nope, thats true

Okay I say it's not correct...oya come back and say it's correct...and the merry-go-round continues.

ooman:
sorry then, i thought you are now reading with your brain, i didnt know its still wrapped by biblical myths.

Read with brain? Nah, I don't do that...my brain is actually empty...

ooman:
except your eyes aint functioning well and you are using a ear-help, you dont hear the things i write, you read them tongue

I actually see with my ears...

ooman:
are you suggesting that people become atheist so they could become fornicators and thieves, well sorry, those who do those still believe in some sort of juju, so they remain theists.

Nope!

ooman:
atheists are pure

Speak for yourself man...

ooman:
If god is closer than we "think" the we shouldnt have to find him at all before we see him. I dont have to find the person next to me if he is close enough, i just see him, but this isnt true for god, because there isnt really any god anywhere.

Man is too engrossed with the material hence his difficulty at being spiritual...to be spirit filled, one needs to make effort...that is the 'seeking' I referred to.
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by Nobody: 10:36am On May 03, 2013
Morning Musky,

I see you've come to join the dance...hope you know how to do the tango?

musKeeto: Good morning,Striktlymi. Sorry to budge on you and your wooman's dance. grin

Feel free to do this man...any time...

musKeeto:
Maybe there's God. Maybe the Universe is evidence of a creator....Do you think he wants to be sought after? Do you think he needs or years for recognition?

Okay a number of questions...the answers:

Question: Do I think he wants to be sought after?

Answer: Yes I Know so...

Question: Do I think he yearns for recognition?

Answer: It depends on the kind of 'yearning' you refer to...God does not need us to survive, he does not need us to praise or worship him, but does he want this...the answer is a definite yes.

musKeeto:
Then God will be like a poster who only opens threads but never responds....

Like I told ooman, God respond to everyone but the ish is with man...we want God to respond in the way we want which sometimes is not the same way he would have loved to respond.

musKeeto:
Agreed.

Cool!

musKeeto:
The Bible also claims there have been wars in heaven. It seems this need to survive and be number one isn't just limited to man.

It depends on what is meant by 'war'...not every war is physical where we carry arms and ammunition...the battle of the spirit is very different from this physical battle we are exposed to. My opinion is that this battle is basically within...there is freewill...what do I do, worship God or abandon him?

Lucifer and some other angels fell, Michael and his angels chose to be with God. Man and woman fell when faced with this same battle, so really it's not about the survival of God but that of his creatures...if you uproot a plant, the tendency is for it to die if not cared for...so too do we die when we are cut off our roots to God.

musKeeto:
Indeed. He might just be in our heads - a misuse of faith/imagination if you like....

Very possible...there are a number of persons who think they have seen God but this is just in their heads but this does not mean that everyone who claims to have been let into the supernatural is necessarily insane.
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by AtheistD(m): 2:07pm On May 03, 2013
striktlymi:
Now this is not correct...yes an Atheist can make heaven[b][/b] if and only if that Atheist is sincere in his convictions and does right in line with the principles of right conscience...one does not make heaven simply because he is an Atheist, the Atheist must work to merit heaven...

Really? Are you sure? I heard that all Atheists are going to Hell. shocked
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 03, 2013
Atheist:-D:

Really? Are you sure? I heard that all Atheists are going to Hell. shocked

Howdy Atheist,

I heard that all Catholics are going to hell too...Lol!!!

#How's the romance section?
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by AtheistD(m): 2:23pm On May 03, 2013
striktlymi:

Howdy Atheist,

I heard that all Catholics are going to hell too...Lol!!!

#How's the romance section[b][/b]?

Boooriiing

If all Catholics go to hell, who will go to heaven?
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 03, 2013

Boooriiing

Lol!!!

If all Catholics go to hell, who will go to heaven?

I believe every sincere individual who does right by God but some peeps are saying only 'them' and their 'likes' will make heaven... grin
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by AtheistD(m): 2:29pm On May 03, 2013
striktlymi:
I believe every sincere individual who does right by God but some peeps are saying only 'them' and their 'likes' will make heaven... grin

Is that canonical Christian doctrine? I dont believe any major denomination supports your beliefs.
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 03, 2013

Is that canonical Christian doctrine? I dont believe any major denomination supports your beliefs.

I used to think it was my personal belief when I debated this with Reyginus some time ago but after some careful research, I found out that what I believe had long being held by the Catholic church.

#If you do not believe me man, you can check for yourself!
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by AtheistD(m): 2:46pm On May 03, 2013
striktlymi:

I used to think it was my personal belief when I debated this with Reyginus some time ago but after some careful research, I found out that what I believe had long being held by the Catholic church.

#If you do not believe me man, you can check for yourself!

Really? So why was there so much conflict over the protestant reformation? Show me some links pls.
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 03, 2013

Really? So why was there so much conflict over the protestant reformation? Show me some links pls.

Will get the link for you boss...
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by ooman(m): 3:05pm On May 03, 2013
striktlymi: Good morning ooman,

Hmmm...now I wake up this fine morning to meet this...

Yes men!

I am indeed dumb but I aint an apologist...defending the belief? You must be kidding me...I only come to express my views concerning my faith and in case you haven't noticed...a lot of Christians here on nairaland think I am a lost cause...not that I care...

of course you are lost, the religious are generally lost, only the atheists are healthy!

striktlymi: Anyways, if you are searching for champions of the Christian faith, real defenders then you would be looking the way of peeps like Inesqor, Chukky, Rey, Ubenedictus, Italo, Goshen, Pastor kuns, Anony and a host of others...

those are children

striktlymi: Still bent on incurring the wrath of the spaghetti monster?...your funeral man...your funeral!

The flying spagetti monster isnt jealous as the monster yahweh tongue

striktlymi: Every scientific proof moves from what is known to the unknown...you don't start proving something by moving from the unknown to the known.

i thought god is known, how come he is now unknown

striktlymi: Hope your saliva doesn't run dry cause you still have a lot of spitting to do by the time I am done with ya...

oh, my glands work perfectly!

striktlymi: That's what Krauss tells you?...now go back and tell Krauss that striktlymi says that the supposed 'imperfections' of any design does not negate the existence of a designer (to include God). It's just like saying that a car that is 'badly' designed or a bridge that is designed 'badly' has no designer...or better still, it designed itself.

sorry but your analogy is bad. sand dunes are known to form beautiful shapes spontaneously with time, so not every design needs an "intelligent" designer, note the word in quote. Natural process and natural selection are the unintelligent designer of nature. There is no intelligent designer verifiable in nature.

striktlymi: ooman, I will tell you only what I know...God designed the Earth to be populated by living creatures and life is prevalent on Earth...I do not have information about life in other parts of the Universe, so guy I cannot comment on that.

obviously because your answer is bad!

striktlymi: Chemicals can do that because some thing or someone jump-started the process

you obviously dont know what spontaneous mean. Spontaneous means occurring by self without any goal, that is what is observable in nature.

striktlymi: Only one ooman can exist because the designer made it so, if the designer of 'nairaland' did it such that two id's can exist simultaneously, it would have been so...in the same way, what we observe in nature is as a result of how God has designed it to be.

you are not a deist, are you? bible said god finished his creation, new stuffs and new life forms disprove this designer of yours.

now, if you are a deist, i wont take an intelligent that used a mechanism that could extinct his inventions to continue them seriously, that already shows lack of intelligence.

striktlymi: I get regular updates from him, [size=15pt]I wonder why you don't...[/size]

ha ha cheesy cheesy cheesy says who that i dont get regular updates from him. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

i get regular update from the Flying Pig, the one and only true God, He even came to me in my dream yesterday telling me that everything is going to be alright only if i believe in Him, the one, true Flying Pig - my Lord and Savior. tongue

striktlymi: The above does not help your position because you believe that all these 'fiasco' started out of the blues...

says who i believe everything started out of the blues.

I know that nature follows path of possibility and that miracles are lies. For instance, it will be a miracle for intelligent life to exist on Mars, but such natural miracles do not exist.

I also know that something always exist from whom everything came, something too simple to be a complex god.

striktlymi: Point of correction...you do not debate his existence, you affirm that he does not exist. They are two different things.

blaaaaaah, yes i do affirm that he does not exist IN discussions where i DEBATE his existence.

Go back to school of English language, will ya!

striktlymi: I guess the brain is the most complex part of humans...do you honestly believe that it is the most obvious? There are a lot of mysteries still surrounding the human brain.

ok now this is laughable.

your analogies are always laughable.

Neurons (brain cells) and nerves are the most complex cells IN the body, they are also the MOST common, found everywhere IN the body. So yes, brains reside in the body, and in there, their cells are the most ubiquitous.

HUMANS in general contains the most complex body parts, they are also the most obviously common on earth.

Now, god is the most complex being in and out of the whole universe, but he is never found in nature. How does that sound?

no god no where.

striktlymi: Advocate666 has stopped posting for a while now, does this mean that the dude has seized to exist? Delusions man...pure delusions served freaking hot!

another dumb, pathetically ignorant and cowardly answer.

Is Ad666 still on NL, NO, he longer exist on NL, until he starts posting again.

Is he anywhere else, yes, probably.

that was my answer which you misconstrued

striktlymi: Non-existence is different from not being available.

well, not being available for a long time means non existence on NL, just like in nature where god is wanting.

striktlymi: This is unbelievable...**shouting** my neighbours make una come hear ooman o...the dude believes that the fastest computer is more complex than the human brain...I guess you also believe that the fastest computer can also have dreams and thoughts shey? LWKMD!!!

cheesy you obviously lack knowledge of biology. So the brain is now one organ so complex that no mind can comprehend, so complex that in fact, some do worship it? there is nothing so spectacular about the brain. The only thing about it is that it is delicate, and this being that neurons dont divide and so doctors are always careful with it.

Dreams are nothing important, they are just cell communications.

Fastest computers process billions of information in a second, more more than the brain process (15 million at any given time). So now, i hope i have been able to show you that the brain isnt as complex as the fastest processors.

striktlymi: ooman I really do not want to make you look bad...go back to that definition again and quietly decipher between a computer (no matter how fast the processor) and the brain of the dullest Christian (which would be me) and determine which is more complicated, more difficult to analyze, understand or solve...this is your home work.

refer above

striktlymi: People kill people!!!

because the bible and quran tell them to kill others

striktlymi: ...and when God smites someone who breaks the law, what would your response be?

breaks what law exactly? will be my response. Is that suppose to be god's problem?? i thought god does not interfere in our affairs! will be my other responses.

striktlymi: Opinions man...purely opinions!!

they are truth and life tongue

striktlymi: You definitely don't have an idea what I'd say...it seems you don't realize why some of my Christian brethren think I am an outcast...

well i do, you'd call me a liar like you just implied.

striktlymi: Their choice man!

like its not your choice too when it comes to your god

striktlymi: Your opinion man! Definitely your right!!

nope, they are proven facts

striktlymi: Okay I say it's not correct...oya come back and say it's correct...and the merry-go-round continues.

dont have time for that tongue

striktlymi: Read with brain? Nah, I don't do that...my brain is actually empty...

isnt that obvious?

striktlymi: I actually see with my ears...

no wonder you believe in god

striktlymi: Nope!

ok

striktlymi: Speak for yourself man...

atheism is pure in itself

striktlymi: Man is too engrossed with the material hence his difficulty at being spiritual...to be spirit filled, one needs to make effort...that is the 'seeking' I referred to.

efforts like what??
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by Nobody: 4:06pm On May 03, 2013
ooman:

of course you are lost, the religious are generally lost, only the atheists are healthy!

those are children

sorry but your analogy is bad. sand dunes are known to form beautiful shapes spontaneously with time, so not every design needs an "intelligent" designer, note the word in quote. Natural process and natural selection are the unintelligent designer of nature. There is no intelligent designer verifiable in nature.

you obviously dont know what spontaneous mean. Spontaneous means occurring by self without any goal, that is what is observable in nature.

you are not a deist, are you? bible said god finished his creation, new stuffs and new life forms disprove this designer of yours.

now, if you are a deist, i wont take an intelligent that used a mechanism that could extinct his inventions to continue them seriously, that already shows lack of intelligence.

ha ha cheesy cheesy cheesy says who that i dont get regular updates from him. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

i get regular update from the Flying Pig, the one and only true God, He even came to me in my dream yesterday telling me that everything is going to be alright only if i believe in Him, the one, true Flying Pig - my Lord and Savior. tongue

I know that nature follows path of possibility and that miracles are lies. For instance, it will be a miracle for intelligent life to exist on Mars, but such natural miracles do not exist.

I also know that something always exist from whom everything came, something too simple to be a complex god.

blaaaaaah, yes i do affirm that he does not exist IN discussions where i DEBATE his existence.

Neurons (brain cells) and nerves are the most complex cells IN the body, they are also the MOST common, found everywhere IN the body. So yes, brains reside in the body, and in there, their cells are the most ubiquitous.

HUMANS in general contains the most complex body parts, they are also the most obviously common on earth.

Now, god is the most complex being in and out of the whole universe, but he is never found in nature. How does that sound?

no god no where.

well, not being available for a long time means non existence on NL, just like in nature where god is wanting.

cheesy you obviously lack knowledge of biology. So the brain is now one organ so complex that no mind can comprehend, so complex that in fact, some do worship it? there is nothing so spectacular about the brain. The only thing about it is that it is delicate, and this being that neurons dont divide and so doctors are always careful with it.

Fastest computers process billions of information in a second, more more than the brain process (15 million at any given time). So now, i hope i have been able to show you that the brain isnt as complex as the fastest processors.

refer above

because the bible and quran tell them to kill others

breaks what law exactly? will be my response. Is that suppose to be god's problem?? i thought god does not interfere in our affairs! will be my other responses.

they are truth and life tongue

well i do, you'd call me a liar like you just implied.

like its not your choice too when it comes to your god

nope, they are proven facts

dont have time for that tongue

isnt that obvious?

no wonder you believe in god

ok

atheism is pure in itself

efforts like what??

Just keeping this so that you do not go back to edit after seeing how silly the post is...

I will respond in time...not with my lappy at the moment...

#Did you read it before posting?
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 03, 2013

The extract below is not what I was looking for but in the interim, it has to do...if it is too long you might want to focus on the bold I guess...

16. Finally, those who have not yet received the Gospel are related in various ways to the people of God.(18*) In the first place we must recall the people to whom the testament and the promises were given and from whom Christ was born according to the flesh.

(125) On account of their fathers this people remains most dear to God, for God does not repent of the gifts He makes nor of the calls He issues.

(126) But the plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator. In the first place amongst these there are the Muslims, who, professing to hold the faith of Abraham, along with us adore the one and merciful God, who on the last day will judge mankind. Nor is God far distant from those who in shadows and images seek the unknown God, for it is He who gives to all men life and breath and all things,

(127) and as Saviour wills that all men be saved.

(128) Those also can attain to salvation who through no fault of their own do not know the Gospel of Christ or His Church, yet sincerely seek God and moved by grace strive by their deeds to do His will as it is known to them through the dictates of conscience.

(19*) Nor does Divine Providence deny the helps necessary for salvation to those who, without blame on their part, have not yet arrived at an explicit knowledge of God and with His grace strive to live a good life. Whatever good or truth is found amongst them is looked upon by the Church as a preparation for the Gospel.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/hist_councils/ii_vatican_council/documents/vat-ii_const_19641121_lumen-gentium_en.html
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by ooman(m): 6:06pm On May 03, 2013
striktlymi:

Just keeping this so that you do not go back to edit after seeing how silly the post is...

I will respond in time...not with my lappy at the moment...

#Did you read it before posting?

yea you do that, i said those. I am ooman cool
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 03, 2013
ooman:

yea you do that, i said those. I am ooman cool

I like that...
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by ooman(m): 6:17pm On May 03, 2013
striktlymi:

I like that...

whats taking yo so long then tongue
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by Nobody: 8:11pm On May 03, 2013
ooman:

whats taking yo so long then tongue

I just got home...Lagos traffic and I can't be online and drive at the same time.

Anyways, I am back...now let's see what you have up there...
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 03, 2013
striktlymi:

I just got home...Lagos traffic and I can't be online and drive at the same time.

Anyways, I am back...now let's see what you have up there...

So you're a lagos big boy?

See am......which parish you dey? St agnes, st leos, st dominics or boat church by airport?
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 03, 2013
ooman:

Always like deceiving yourself man...

ooman:
those are children

Your opinion! Your right!!

ooman:

You don't know him...

ooman:

Spitting time...

ooman:
sorry but your analogy is bad. sand dunes are known to form beautiful shapes spontaneously with time, so not every design needs an "intelligent" designer,

You missed the point by a mile man...you seem to have the wrong notion of the design I talk about...take nairaland as an example...it has been designed to allow some specific items, where each member can make particular 'patterns' based on the 'rules' inherent in this design...nature itself is part of this design and not outside it, so when sand dunes form they do so because God has already designed them to be able to perform that operation.

ooman:
note the word in quote. Natural process and natural selection are the unintelligent designer of nature. There is no intelligent designer verifiable in nature.

Nature was designed to follow some specific laws by this same designer.

ooman:

The fact that you think it is bad does not make it so...

ooman:

Teacher oloyibo...that spontaneous reaction of nature was designed to be so...

ooman:
you are not a deist, are you?

I might not be a deist but their position is more understandable than Atheism...

ooman:
bible said god finished his creation, new stuffs and new life forms disprove this designer of yours.

Now this is very funny...the Earth was not designed to be 'stagnant'. The Earth and life forms were designed to have the ability to evolve in various circumstances.

ooman:

You are really a piece of work...so the person who designed the first computer is less intelligent because that set of computers have become obsolete (or gone extinct)?

ooman:

Empty!!!

ooman:

...and you honestly believe that nairaland came from the blues?

ooman:

Your opinion man!

ooman:

...meaning?

ooman:

You think debating about the existence of God is the same as affirming that he does not exist? Okay o! I don hear!

ooman:

Precisely, I laugh at them myself cause they are so glaring but I wonder why you fail to understand them.

ooman:

So if I see ooman on the streets the most obvious body part is his brain? lipsrsealed

ooman:

I am glad you have drifted from your silly view of considering the brain to be less complex than a computer.

ooman:

no god no where.

God is too obvious in nature...I wonder why you are having a hard time seeing this...

ooman:

...and you can separate the person from the id? I guess you don't even realize that no one can use the id (ooman) as you can...the person is tied to the id.

ooman:

That's your specialty man...

ooman:

Do you know the meaning of non-existence? I am beginning to wonder!

ooman:

...ooman says there is nothing spectacular about the human brain. Okay o! I don hear!

ooman:

Are you sure you understand the reason I mentioned dreams?

ooman:

Now I am forced to call you [size=15pt]OLODO!!![/size]

ooman:

I hear!

1 Like

Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by Nobody: 9:00pm On May 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

So you're a lagos big boy?

See am......which parish you dey? St agnes, st leos, st dominics or boat church by airport?

LWKMD!!! Big boy ke? I am just a puny brained, dumb azz Christian grin
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by Nobody: 9:06pm On May 03, 2013
striktlymi:

LWKMD!!! Big boy ke? I am just a puny brained, dumb azz Christian grin

lolz
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by ooman(m): 9:10am On May 04, 2013
striktlymi:

Always like deceiving yourself man...

You don't know him...

Spitting time...

hair splitting

striktlymi: You missed the point by a mile man...you seem to have the wrong notion of the design I talk about...take nairaland as an example...it has been designed to allow some specific items, where each member can make particular 'patterns' based on the 'rules' inherent in this design...nature itself is part of this design and not outside it, so when sand dunes form they do so because God has already designed them to be able to perform that operation.

Nature was designed to follow some specific laws by this same designer.

yea and without consideration for life-forms. Such an intelligence that would make a mechanism that could extinct his inventions to continue them isnt really intelligent to me.

striktlymi: Teacher oloyibo...that spontaneous reaction of nature was designed to be so...

yea, just like cancer was designed to form

striktlymi: I might not be a deist but their position is more understandable than Atheism...

and that is why you always take their position in debates, neglecting yours??

striktlymi: Now this is very funny...the Earth was not designed to be 'stagnant'. The Earth and life forms were designed to have the ability to evolve in various circumstances.

thats a lie. Bible said all organisms must reproduce their kind, making them immutable, excluding them from evolving

striktlymi: You are really a piece of work...so the person who designed the first computer is less intelligent because that set of computers have become obsolete (or gone extinct)?

now am forced to call you [size=15pt]OLODO[/size]

Says who that the first computers went "extinct", macro computers are still being used in servers bases.

and most importantly, the first computer didnt self destruct, nature is self destructive. The intelligence behind nature still isnt very intelligent.

striktlymi: ...and you honestly believe that nairaland came from the blues?

what prompted this reply??

striktlymi: ...meaning?

nature is autotelic

striktlymi: You think debating about the existence of God is the same as affirming that he does not exist? Okay o! I don hear!

no sorry but that is what YOU think. what sort of a liar are you!

striktlymi: Precisely, I laugh at them myself cause they are so glaring but I wonder why you fail to understand them.

yea, so glaring to you, their author but useless to readers. How funny

striktlymi: So if I see ooman on the streets the most obvious body part is his brain? lipsrsealed

olodo, are brains inside or outside the body? Now you are really irritating me with your dumbness. You are so dumb you do not know that brains and it cells are inside the body?

striktlymi: I am glad you have drifted from your silly view of considering the brain to be less complex than a computer.

never did that

striktlymi: God is too obvious in nature...I wonder why you are having a hard time seeing this...

yea, just like am having a hard time seeing plants that are also too obvious lipsrsealed

striktlymi: ...and you can separate the person from the id? I guess you don't even realize that no one can use the id (ooman) as you can...the person is tied to the id.

exactly the point here. That person, not just the ID now is no longer on nairaland, until he comes again.

God, even if he once was, is no longer in nature, until he comes again.

striktlymi: That's your specialty man...

Do you know the meaning of non-existence? I am beginning to wonder!

ok, AD666 is no longer on NL, but his spirit is still existing on NL right?

some religious people can be willingly dumb

striktlymi: ...ooman says there is nothing spectacular about the human brain. Okay o! I don hear!

yea, am not some illiterates with lack of understanding of the human body.

striktlymi: Are you sure you understand the reason I mentioned dreams?

probably not

striktlymi: Now I am forced to call you [size=15pt]OLODO!!![/size]

shocked ok, lets see who the olodo is now, shall we wink.

World's current fastest computer Cray Titan, also called time machine, has a peak performance of 27petaflops.

In case you dont know what that means, which is also obvious, here is a holophrasis

Cray Titan:

This week it became official: the Titan supercomputer at Oak Ridge National Laboratory in Tennessee was crowned the fastest computer on Earth, according to the Top500 list released this week that tracks these systems.

Titan is so quick that Buddy Bland, the project director for the Oak Ridge Leadership Computing Facility, calls it a “time machine.”

[size=20pt]Titan has a peak performance of more than 27 petaflops – or 27 thousand trillion calculations per second[/size] (see video, below). It can do more work in an hour than your personal computer can do in 20 years. “The simulations on the machine today are trying to predict what’s going to happen in the future,” Bland says. “So with a more powerful computer we can look farther into the future to predict what’s going to happen.”

now, can the human brain do that. My dear dumb Striktlymi??

striktlymi: I hear!

are you speechless about that because its true?
Re: The Atheist's Wager vs The Religious Wager - Which Is Certain? by Nobody: 9:47am On May 04, 2013
Morning guy,

ooman:

hair splitting

yea and without consideration for life-forms. Such an intelligence that would make a mechanism that could extinct his inventions to continue them isnt really intelligent to me.

ooman:
yea, just like cancer was designed to form

It's all 'garbage in, garbage out' man...if you use a vehicle like a boat what do you get? If an invention is not used for what it is not designed for, you get garbage in return...man was not designed to commit sin...man did commit sin and discovered his folly only too late.

ooman:
and that is why you always take their position in debates, neglecting yours??

So you don't even know my positions and you are still posting? Anyways, whatever I give here is what I as an individual believes and affirms...I don't know what a deist would argue in this circumstance.

ooman:
thats a lie. Bible said all organisms must reproduce their kind, making them immutable, excluding them from evolving

This is laughable...what has reproducing your kind got to do with evolving? Don't tell me you believe that a human being can reproduce a lion through s*x...

ooman:
Says who that the first computers went "extinct", macro computers are still being used in servers bases. and most importantly, the first computer didnt self destruct, nature is self destructive.

You still can't understand what I mean...your words below should describe what you are:

ooman:
now am forced to call you [size=15pt]OLODO[/size]

ooman:
The intelligence behind nature still isnt very intelligent.[/size]

I guess you can do a better job with nature since you are soooooo intelligent?

ooman:
what prompted this reply?? nature is autotelic

no sorry but that is what YOU think. what sort of a liar are you!

The bold is empty man...

ooman:
yea, so glaring to you, their author but useless to readers. How funny

Empty!

ooman:
olodo, are brains inside or outside the body? Now you are really irritating me with your dumbness. You are so dumb you do not know that brains and it cells are inside the body?

Of-course I am dumb...I am so dumb that my dumbness made the Guinness book of world record...but despite I still understand that the human brain is more complex than a computer...I wonder why a smart guy like you do not know this.

ooman:
never did that
yea, just like am having a hard time seeing plants that are also too obvious lipsrsealed

exactly the point here. That person, not just the ID now is no longer on nairaland, until he comes again.

So according to your logic, the bold is the same as the person being non-existent?

ooman:
God, even if he once was, is no longer in nature, until he comes again.

I have explained the above before...

ooman:
ok, AD666 is no longer on NL, but his spirit is still existing on NL right?

some religious people can be willingly dumb

The above is silly...refer to my earlier comment on this.

ooman:
yea, am not some illiterates with lack of understanding of the human body.

The above is really touching...coming from one who thinks that the human brain is less complex.

ooman:
probably not

shocked ok, lets see who the olodo is now, shall we wink.

World's current fastest computer Cray Titan, also called time machine, has a peak performance of 27petaflops.

In case you dont know what that means, which is also obvious, here is a holophrasis

now, can the human brain do that. My dear dumb Striktlymi??

Look into the mirror and the definition of OLODO will jump right at you...tell that computer to post on nairaland without the input from a human brain and let's see how it can do that...

ooman:
are you speechless about that because its true?

I laugh in tongues!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Christ Vs Krishna / I Am Paying My #20,000 Tithe To Nairalander And Not Jehovah Anymore: Season 5 / Beware, Athiesm Can Lead You To Kill Yourself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 242
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.