Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,914 members, 7,835,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Can Prayers Change Nigeria? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Prayers Change Nigeria? (3103 Views)

5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers / Re: Can Prayers Change Nigeria? / Can Prayers Change Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Prayers Change Nigeria? by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:10am On Aug 31, 2008
Prayer ko prayer ni
Few statistics people look at the nations with the biggest economies in the world take Japan for example or even India how many christians are there eh.
When the front seats are given to the same people who loot and plunder abi una no hear the big thanksgiving wey Alamesigha do after his great return from the uk abi na native doctor be the pastor. Or na people like dem odili that are even knights abi obasanjo no get pastor abeg make una stop this prayer parade abeg.
Re: Can Prayers Change Nigeria? by emotional(m): 11:26am On Aug 31, 2008
Fight 4 ur right on earth
Re: Can Prayers Change Nigeria? by emotional(m): 11:29am On Aug 31, 2008
Those who claim prayers to be the answer should stop brushing their teeth and pray for heavenly angels to come down and do it instead. Sound's stupid?
Re: Can Prayers Change Nigeria? by dudubobo1: 10:40am On Sep 01, 2008
emotional:

Sorry,their was an erroy while posting earlier. Those who claim prayers to be the answer should stop brushing their teeth and pray for heavenly angels to come down and do it instead. Sound's stupid?

this is a rather silly way of looking at things.

Prayers work!!!

The Bible also makes a lot of things clear about prayers which is why sometimes, we think that prayers dont work or that our prayers are not being answered.
If I pray for God to heal me and I keep cutting myself with blades, how is that going to work? That's like the devil tempting God.

Nigerians are praying with their lips but it seems our hearts are far from God; this is why it looks like prayers dont work in Nigeria. The Nigerian man who prays and sweats in church on sunday is in the office collecting egunje the next day. The Nigerian who prays like heaven is falling on Sunday in Church will be breaking traffic rules on his way home from church. The Nigerian who prays very hard on sunday will be seen oppressing his neighbours throughout the week.

If I pray from now till kingdon come for something and I keep doing things that will prevent that thing to come, why should I expect to recieve it?

Please let's reason a little
Re: Can Prayers Change Nigeria? by Tasma: 2:53pm On Sep 01, 2008
dudu-bobo:

this is a rather silly way of looking at things.

Nigerians are praying with their lips but it seems our hearts are far from God; this is why it looks like prayers don't work in Nigeria. The Nigerian man who prays and sweats in church on sunday is in the office collecting egunje the next day. The Nigerian who prays like heaven is falling on Sunday in Church will be breaking traffic rules on his way home from church. The Nigerian who prays very hard on sunday will be seen oppressing his neighbours throughout the week.

If I pray from now till kingdon come for something and I keep doing things that will prevent that thing to come, why should I expect to recieve it?

Please let's reason a little

So how about if i don't pray and just do things that will aid my development? Obviously my praying doesn't stop me from acting in criminal ways so why bother?
Re: Can Prayers Change Nigeria? by dudubobo1: 3:06pm On Sep 01, 2008
Tasma:

So how about if i don't pray and just do things that will aid my development? Obviously my praying doesn't stop me from acting in criminal ways so why bother?

You dont always need to pray to see results. The bible makes it clear that whatever a man is in the habit of sowing is what he'll be in the habit of reaping. If you do the right things for development, you'll reap development.

The fact that your praying doesn't stop you doing the right things is not to say that the person who wants to pray the right way and do the right things should not pray. What exactly is your point? Some people go to school and fail, does that mean no one should go to school?
Re: Can Prayers Change Nigeria? by emotional(m): 7:13pm On Sep 01, 2008
'Silly way of looking at things'dudu-bobo .that is my point.nigerians are expecting heavenly bodies to come down and do what they got to do.yes prayers works, especialy in cases that are above humans.we should stop decieving ourselves,nigeria war if l may say is not heavenly that is why u see "binding and casting"In every corners in that country isnt working.CONT-MOBILE BROWSN
Re: Can Prayers Change Nigeria? by emotional(m): 8:07pm On Sep 01, 2008
-is time we understand the difference btw personal responsibilities and religion.Our preachers-they are busy teaching how beautiful heaven could be depriving their congregations d truth abt death.what do u think of nigeria if curuption was being preached against in our fmr president'church,at least once every 3 months?do u wonder how or what he prayed abt?only his prayers had being answered smiley
Re: Can Prayers Change Nigeria? by Tasma: 9:07am On Sep 02, 2008
dudu-bobo:

You don't always need to pray to see results. The bible makes it clear that whatever a man is in the habit of sowing is what he'll be in the habit of reaping. If you do the right things for development, you'll reap development.

The fact that your praying doesn't stop you doing the right things is not to say that the person who wants to pray the right way and do the right things should not pray. What exactly is your point? Some people go to school and fail, does that mean no one should go to school?

I'm certainly not advocating that people shouldn't pray at all. I'm sure prayer has it's soothing and spiritual role in the lives of many people. What I'm saying is that as far national growth is concerned prayer shouldn't be the first port of call. Maybe we should concentrate on fixing the physical problems like light, water, shelter etc first and worry about spiritual matters later.
Re: Can Prayers Change Nigeria? by dudubobo1: 11:43am On Sep 02, 2008
Tasma:

I'm certainly not advocating that people shouldn't pray at all. I'm sure prayer has it's soothing and spiritual role in the lives of many people. What I'm saying is that as far national growth is concerned prayer shouldn't be the first port of call. Maybe we should concentrate on fixing the physical problems like light, water, shelter etc first and worry about spiritual matters later.

Thanks for the clarification.

However, I disagree with concentrating on the physical first. We need to concentrate on the spiritual and ensure that we are allowing the spiritual to be manifest in our daily lives. We have to change from inside out if we are to maintain the change
Re: Can Prayers Change Nigeria? by emotional(m): 9:30am On Sep 23, 2008
Concentrate on the spiritual first?listen, u mean we v not concentrated enough? prophet Joshua raising d dead,the lame working by Pastor Chris? and others claiming messaih?sharia- lmams or sheiks that are busy amputating chicken robbers while our politicians are busy looting?l think is time we put down our spiritual ammunitions and pick-up d physical arms.manna fell from above that was in exodus.
Re: Can Prayers Change Nigeria? by olamideola: 2:21pm On Sep 25, 2008
Yes, ofcourse, the bible make understand that with God all things are possible meanwhile the situation hasn't gone too far. Every bless day pray 4 Nigeria.
Re: Can Prayers Change Nigeria? by emotional(m): 4:57pm On Sep 25, 2008
Yes u quite right,with God all things are possible,l must tell u it depends from wich perspective you view things of Almighty God or your undertanding of d above saying.Heavens dont do what men got to for themselves.do u know that our politicians also pray?
Re: Can Prayers Change Nigeria? by poweredcom(m): 5:19am On Aug 17, 2010
This our nation need not only prayer , what are we deceiving our selves where we can see clearly koro koro that there are wicked people who are there just for them selves not the masses, so if you like pray from london to jericho, it aint gonna be answered lets first fight them , physically then God power will guide us through

Nigeria with religious fanaticism where and who are we today.shame, we dont need religious talk here in Nigeria we need action.The modern word has thrown away all the religious Bullshit, long ago in their own medieval ages now its Africa turn to do so Africa is still perambulating .Africa must Wake up especially Nigeria.

Fela talk am Na pastor lie dey better na people dey suffer, how long waiting for miracle which only the pastor only experiences
grin
Re: Can Prayers Change Nigeria? by vivaladiva(f): 8:04am On Aug 17, 2010
unequivical and categorical NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO grin

PEOPLE BRING ABOUT CHANGE NOT A BLOODY ENDLESS MARATHON OF PRAYERS, FASTING, TITHING, OFFERINGS,SACRIFICA AND ALLL D OTHER BUHA HAS U ENGAGE IN

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Pope- The Richest Man On Earth? / Divine Revelations: Coming Civil War In Nigeria, 2021 - Sis Happiness Aibangbee. / Does "Hell" Really Exist Or It Was Invented By Religion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.