Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Script Request - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Script Request (1448 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Script Request by josyisback(m): 1:51pm On Apr 15, 2008
please i am designing an html site and i have a link that says add sites to the html site.i need a script for the add site page.please can webmasters here help me?
Re: Script Request by uspry1(f): 3:18pm On Apr 15, 2008
Do you mean that you want to create additional web page such as (index.html, product.html, service.html) to the HTML directory folder instead of forum folder?

If yes, how did you upload the forum site to your domain URL? FTP account? or your HTML editor with built-in FTP connection?

I look at your site, joscityweb.com that prompts into forum site itself. You didn't design that HTML yourself, you just incorporate the forum site scripting that is powered by mybboard.net into your blank domain URL. You are the administrator using mybboard.net control panel accessing to your domain URL.

I assume that you are the ownership/authorization of domain URL, joscityweb.com with your own FTP username/password accessing to web hosting server's control panel (cPanel, Hsphere, Plesk or other hosting control panel managements.)

If you want [HOME PAGE], [SERVICE PAGE], [PRODUCT PAGE], [CONTACT US PAGE], then you have to create your own HTML coding/scripting on each web page to be added using your HTML EDITOR such as Dreamweaver, Coffee Cup HTML editor, notepad, or alternative HTML editor software. Then upload all web pages to your HTML directory folder, not FORUM folder---separated folder. It will be your home page.

Good luck!
Re: Script Request by sisqology(m): 3:19am On Apr 16, 2008
Please,pardon me, he can get his own html using front page,right
Re: Script Request by josyisback(m): 12:19pm On Apr 18, 2008
sorry uguys didnt get me.i am not talking of my forum.all i am saying is i am presently designing an html site but i want add a page where people can upload thier links.how can i do the integration and i need the script.please not about my forum,
Re: Script Request by uspry1(f): 1:48pm On Apr 18, 2008
Would you please kindly explain to us what do you mean by 'UPLOAD PEOPLE'S LINKS"?  Not quite possible to upload THE HYPERLINK to the web page, only you the ADMINISTRATION of domain URL,  joscityweb.com adding a site (web page) to code each HYPERLINK manually. The follow script at below:

Example code:
<A HREF="index.htm" TARGET="main">HTML Tags Live Examples Title Page.</A>

Result of example code:
[url=http://HTML Tags Live Examples Title Page.]HTML Tags Live Examples Title Page. [/url]

This is called HYPERLINK. This code will prompt clicking on the above will open a new second browser window and load in the HTML Tags Live Examples title page leaving this page open in this browser window.

You can reuse this HYPERLINK script (code above) repeatedly, all you do is change the  A HREF tag >>"index.hm" and "HTML Tags Live Examples Title Page" replacement like this below:
Example code:
<A HREF="johndoe_link.htm" TARGET="main">John Doe's Link.</A>

<A HREF="marydoe_link.htm" TARGET="main">Mary Doe's Link.</A>

<A HREF="billgates_link.htm" TARGET="main">Bill Gates' Link.</A>

Result of example code:
[url=http://John Doe's Link.]John Doe's Link. [/url]

[url=http://Mary Doe's Link.]Mary Doe's Link. [/url]

[url=http://Bill Gates' Link.]Bill Gates' Link. [/url]

BE SURE you ALWAYS upload 3 files(johndoe_link.htm, marydoe_link.htm, and billgates_link.htm) to the same HTML DIRECTORY FOLDER beside FORUM FOLDER. Otherwise you will get PROMPTED ERROR 404: FILE OR DIRECTORY NOT FOUND on your web page.

If this is not what you want, then ONLY UPLOAD FILES (such as movies, photos: .gif, .jpg, .png, contents, external documents:.doc, .pdf, .xls) to the web page, then google "UPLOAD FILES TO YOUR WEB PAGE" you will find lot of FREE UPLOAD FILE scripts there. BE SURE THAT YOUR HOSTING SERVER SUPPORT PHP/MySQL (depend on the requirement of script).
Re: Script Request by ThePhantom(m): 10:17am On Apr 20, 2008
So let me get you right. You want a page where people will enter there url then you will display it on a page on your site. If this is right you can do this a number of ways.

Use XML to write and read from a text file
Use a programming language(PHP, ASP, ASP.net) with database integration

I will wait for you to reply before going into details, incase this is not what you meant.
Re: Script Request by josyisback(m): 8:30pm On Apr 27, 2008
please give me the details.i am interested in knowing more
Re: Script Request by kheme(m): 6:55pm On Apr 30, 2008
i guess i know what he means. he means like a directory of link where people submit their web links and it's automatically added to the directory, right, josyisback ?

if that's what you mean, then i can make a simple script for you. but your web server must have at least PHP and/or MySQL, cos that's what i'd be using. if you don't have MySQL, i can still work without it, but i'd prefer with MySQL.
Re: Script Request by webguru(m): 4:44pm On May 01, 2008
thank God kheme finally understsood the guy

all u need is to save their links, test it or disable harmful stuff, crosscheck it and post it on ur site

i cld help u do it for NGN 0.00

just call 08088192504
Re: Script Request by kheme(m): 12:57am On May 08, 2008
@poster-> so, make up your mind on who you want to handle this for ya!
Re: Script Request by josyisback(m): 10:02am On May 09, 2008
any one can do it for me because you might come up with different ideas.so pls help me out
Re: Script Request by kheme(m): 8:51am On May 10, 2008
ok. em, do you have php and mysql running on your server!?!?
Re: Script Request by josyisback(m): 10:32am On May 10, 2008
yes i have those two in my servers
Re: Script Request by kheme(m): 9:22am On May 12, 2008
ok then, can i have a look at your website? so i'd know how to intigrate it.
Re: Script Request by josyisback(m): 10:25am On May 12, 2008
thw site is presently offline but wjhy not just give me the script.
Re: Script Request by kheme(m): 9:16pm On May 12, 2008
ok then, i hope you know some level of php? i'll take a while to work on it cos i'm on some other project right now. i'll comment the code as must as i can to assist you in integrating it with your website. you'd be hearing from me soon.
Re: Script Request by josyisback(m): 1:13am On May 13, 2008
ok i wud b waiting
Re: Script Request by kheme(m): 10:15am On May 14, 2008
Now, i'm going to try and explain everything the best way i can so that you can integrate this php codes into your website BY YOURSELF. this is going to be as basic as i think i can make it. so you have to fill in the "blanks".

this is going to be divided into 2 parts:
Part 1 -> Uploading the links, and
Part 2 -> Displaying the links

Part 1 -> Uploading the links

first, you should create a form with the data you want to collect about the links, such as link title, url, etc

<form action="upload.php" method="post">
Link title: <input name="title" value="" type="text" />

URL: <input name="url" value="" type="text" />

<input name="submit" value="Submit" type="submit" />

</form>

Now, the following code should be save as "upload.php"

/* PHP CODE BEGINS HERE */

mysql_connect($database_name,$database_username,$database_password); // Connects to your mysql database

/*

you should already have created the database and database table for the links. let's assume that the database table is "links" and has 3 columns: title[varchar 255], url[varchar 255] and id[varchar255]

*/
if (mysql_query("insert into links values('".$_POST['title']."','".$_POST['url']."','".date('U')."')"wink) { // date('U') is MY OWN way of creating a unique id number for rows
header("location:successpage.php"wink; // if the link was uploaded successfully, browser will be redirected to successpage.php
}
else {echo "Upload failed! Please try again later";}

/* PHP CODE ENDS HERE */

Part 2 -> Displaying the links

now, this code should be placed on the actual page where you want the links to be added

/* PHP CODE BEGINS HERE */

mysql_connect($database_name,$database_username,$database_password); // Connects to your mysql database

$a = mysql_query("select * from links order by id desc"wink; // selects all links from the "links" table or sort them placing the latest links on top
$b = mysql_num_rows($a); // gets the number of rows (links) returned

for ($c=0;$c<$b;$c++) { // loops throught the links one at a time
$title=mysql_result($a,$c,'title'); // gets the title for the next link
$url=mysql_result($a,$c,'url'); // gets the url for the next link
echo "<a href=\"$url\" target=\"_blank\" title=\"$title\">$title</a>
"; // prints the links out
}

/* PHP CODE ENDS HERE */

i think this should be it. any more problems, let me know.
Re: Script Request by georgen2u(m): 4:44pm On May 14, 2008
well well you guys are bussy trying hard but its pretty easy.
reading from the context JOSYISBAK need a script of similar to reciprocal linking where visitors can add their own web site to his and people can view the links so my friends this is preety easy but instead of getting bugs with this gibberish codes why cant you feel free and get it free already made and you can then develop to your linking
more help?
Just ask of any script try me and see
i will suprise you!!!
Re: Script Request by josyisback(m): 10:33pm On May 18, 2008
thanks kheme i would try your script out and when i do upload the site and find any problem,i wont fail to ask(i wud use ur script).and as for u geogen2u,show me what u can do.
Re: Script Request by georgen2u(m): 1:27pm On May 19, 2008
ask any thing free in script,

(1) (Reply)

Easiest Way To Download Youtube Videos! / Learn How To Build A Linda Ikeji Business Blog Empire / List Of Applications That Consume Too Much Internet Bandwidth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.