Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,902 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Perpetrators Of Corruption Are Organised-Labour Members – Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Perpetrators Of Corruption Are Organised-Labour Members – Jonathan (7319 Views)

Those Accusing Jonathan Of Corruption Are Fathers Of Corruption- Oba Of Lagos / Ait News:organised Labour In Edo And Kaduna Has Called Of Demonstrations / ''Enough Is Enough''- Jonathan Warns Perpetrators Of Violence - Full Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Perpetrators Of Corruption Are Organised-Labour Members – Jonathan by joseph1832(m): 10:27am On May 02, 2013
noblezone: Who ran down NITEL?
Who ran down NEPA / PHCN?

Who ran down our refineries.

This has been my position that the average Nigerian working for government is a thief.
Those who wish to crucify Jonathan for saying the truth should go ahead but the fact remains that in country where parents pay money for someone else to write exam fro their child will continue to produce a generation of corrupt people.
A fine point you made, but let me ask, is the FG not aware of the maasive corruption that has bedeviled this country? What have they done about it? The people who crippled Nigerian Airways, Nitel and co are part and parcel of this present day political profitEers, how come our President is not probing them?.

Truth be told GEJ is very good at rhetorics.
Re: Perpetrators Of Corruption Are Organised-Labour Members – Jonathan by joseph1832(m): 10:35am On May 02, 2013
exxell: Where is that general distributor of online lies called insincere 9gerian Let him come again to defend this he goat of a president!! I voted buhari in the last election and will always vote for him..... Till I see a candidate better than him!
I also voted for him, but please let me ask you, what does a seventy something year old man has to offer, Buhari just said that he will context the 2015 presidential election. I for one find this unacceptable, are they now telling us that Nigeria can not produce a youth leader who will pilot the affairs of this country?.

Our political terrain is dominated by people who have been in government for far too long, I believe its time we start seeing new faces...
Re: Perpetrators Of Corruption Are Organised-Labour Members – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:39am On May 02, 2013
joseph1832:
I also voted for him, but please let me ask you, what does a seventy something year old man has to offer, Buhari just said that he will context the 2015 presidential election. I for one find this unacceptable, are they now telling us that Nigeria can not produce a youth leader who will pilot the affairs of this country?.

Our political terrain is dominated by people who have been in government for far too long, I believe its time we start seeing new faces...
SUPER STORY !
Re: Perpetrators Of Corruption Are Organised-Labour Members – Jonathan by Quaritch(m): 10:41am On May 02, 2013
Where is that Idi amin scoffing gif, when you need it grin
Re: Perpetrators Of Corruption Are Organised-Labour Members – Jonathan by ddeola: 11:32am On May 02, 2013
This man sounds like an educated illiterate
Re: Perpetrators Of Corruption Are Organised-Labour Members – Jonathan by TechyGuy: 11:45am On May 02, 2013
Nkemtreasure: The man is right. Can any politician steal without a CIVIL SERVANT? In fact they are the ones who will cover the thing for you.
If you are to start a probe now, one union would call for strike. So how would you fight. Remember ASSU, they were looking for 75yrs retirement age and went on strke for 3 months. They were even paid for not going to work for all the time of the strike.
Pension T(C)hief, Ghost workers, police, AGs in LGAs and states, its even the engineers in the ministries that monitor projects. So, which one would you talk about?
If LABOUR (civil service) SAY NO TO CORRUPTION, THEN IT WILL BE CUT BY 90%

1,000,000,000 likes!

This has been my stand since I started discussing politics years back.

To add to your points, If you have been to Apapa and witness the oil biz scams, you will know that we, Nigerians, are hypocrites!
All the paper work is done by the same people who come to nairaland and other public discussions to insult the government and accuse politicians of corruption.
No oil thief or politician goes to the port themselves to falsify records. The people doing the importation, the banks funding it, the inspection agencies, port authorities etc. They are all involved.

I have always asked this question: Have you ever seen an election candidate visit every ward to rig elections? No! Its the "common" Nigerian that does all the rigging for them!
I could go on, GEJ is 100% right in this, I couldn't agree more. And until all this opposition band-waggoner's realize we are the problem not the government or party, we will remain the same whether or not the ruling party changes.

1 Like

Re: Perpetrators Of Corruption Are Organised-Labour Members – Jonathan by TechyGuy: 11:50am On May 02, 2013
joseph1832:
A fine point you made, but let me ask, is the FG not aware of the maasive corruption that has bedeviled this country? What have they done about it? The people who crippled Nigerian Airways, Nitel and co are part and parcel of this present day political profitEers, how come our President is not probing them?.

Truth be told GEJ is very good at rhetorics.

What are you talking about? Who is FG? I once worked in the ministry so forget it. The so called FG are still the common man, the labour force.
I know a man who retired from a ministry when he was told to sign a false document by his boss. How many Nigerians will do same? The same boss will carry newspaper everyday and insult the president and other politicians! Who are we deceiving!
Re: Perpetrators Of Corruption Are Organised-Labour Members – Jonathan by TechyGuy: 11:54am On May 02, 2013
All the bad road projects you see are inspected by civil service engineers. They go there, they are sorted, then they go back with good reports. the road goes bad the next month, everybody starts insulting the governor or president!

Its only Nigerians that have not worked and interacted widely that think like the opposition supporters on this forum.

Or is it the folks that work in NAFDAC, PHCN, NNPC, POLICE, JAMB, WAEC, OUR UNIVERSITIES, even the JUDICIARY? Just name it, corruption is a "Nigerian" thing not a PDP or any other party thing.

It is more saddening to know that the 2 strongest tools to fight corruption, the church (religious places) and the family have had people twist their ideologies and values.

1 Like

Re: Perpetrators Of Corruption Are Organised-Labour Members – Jonathan by confusion247(m): 12:02pm On May 02, 2013
tosh_acer:

Whats your problem with what he said? Itemise it instead of ranting. Are they not part of Labour? Pension chiefs, etc. Are you faulting the fact that they are not labour members whilst the President said they are Labour members?

How did we let him become President? Did you vote for him? Why moaning?
In other countries, corrupt people are punished unlike in Nigeria were a clueless president points accusing fingers on everybody.
Re: Perpetrators Of Corruption Are Organised-Labour Members – Jonathan by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 02, 2013
Tolexander: Since he already knew these things are happening and knows the perpetrators, what else is stopping him from bringing them to book so that they can be a scapegoat to others.

Shifting responsibility!
What do you understand by the word 'DEMOCRACY' and "SEPARATION OF POWERS" ? No wonder they call you people, Ignorant Masses!
Re: Perpetrators Of Corruption Are Organised-Labour Members – Jonathan by Orikinla(m): 12:09pm On May 02, 2013
Please, follow this thread for answers on the character of GEJ, https://www.nairaland.com/588121/president-ph.d-think-he-low/2.
Re: Perpetrators Of Corruption Are Organised-Labour Members – Jonathan by misreal(m): 12:34pm On May 02, 2013
noblezone: Who ran down NITEL?
Who ran down NEPA / PHCN?

Who ran down our refineries.

This has been my position that the average Nigerian working for government is a thief.
Those who wish to crucify Jonathan for saying the truth should go ahead but the fact remains that in country where parents pay money for someone else to write exam fro their child will continue to produce a generation of corrupt people.
may God bless u for saying the truth
Re: Perpetrators Of Corruption Are Organised-Labour Members – Jonathan by Sibrah: 12:37pm On May 02, 2013
Another Farouk paroles on the way?
Re: Perpetrators Of Corruption Are Organised-Labour Members – Jonathan by bashnorth: 12:48pm On May 02, 2013
Why is Jonathan always trying to blame others for his incompetence
.Initially it was boko haram dat infiltrate his government and now it is labour unions for corruption,as if they r the ones dat pardon alams.God help us
Re: Perpetrators Of Corruption Are Organised-Labour Members – Jonathan by sammmiey1: 1:10pm On May 02, 2013
Apparently, its glearing this dude we refer as Nigeria president cannot pilot the affairs of this country,he's so full of timid.What is the essence of a dog one purchases with money that can neither bark nor bite?I'd rather suggest he steps down on time to pave way 4an individual capable to handle the affairs of this country efficiently.We are death sick of his rants on daily basis,he cannot prosecute any1,what meaningful project has he done successfully so far?he only ascended that position by a fortune and is running out of it now.

1 Like

Re: Perpetrators Of Corruption Are Organised-Labour Members – Jonathan by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 02, 2013
payless: This man is insane and needs urgent attention. How did we let this guy beocome President?
Or u should examine ur head for insanity. most civil servants are corrupt.that is the truth.
Re: Perpetrators Of Corruption Are Organised-Labour Members – Jonathan by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 02, 2013
most people who are talking here are corrupt from examination malpractice to petty thief and dishonesty practices.
Re: Perpetrators Of Corruption Are Organised-Labour Members – Jonathan by joseph1832(m): 1:40pm On May 02, 2013
Billyonaire: What do you understand by the word 'DEMOCRACY' and "SEPARATION OF POWERS" ? No wonder they call you people, Ignorant Masses!
So according to you Nigeria is a democratic state and it operates true separation of power? Now I see why they really say "ignorance is bliss"

1 Like

Re: Perpetrators Of Corruption Are Organised-Labour Members – Jonathan by joseph1832(m): 1:52pm On May 02, 2013
TechyGuy:

What are you talking about? Who is FG? I once worked in the ministry so forget it. The so called FG are still the common man, the labour force.
I know a man who retired from a ministry when he was told to sign a false document by his boss. How many Nigerians will do same? The same boss will carry newspaper everyday and insult the president and other politicians! Who are we deceiving!
"The so called FG is the common man and the labour force" what a load of crap!!!. The incident of the man you mentioned is one I can believe, there are Nigerians out there who are not corrupt and who certainly don't have a price.

I've often said that our country is streaming with hypocrites, people who criticize people for doing the same thing they do.

Non the less not all Nigerians are corrupt!
Re: Perpetrators Of Corruption Are Organised-Labour Members – Jonathan by chessguru1(m): 1:57pm On May 02, 2013
payless: This man is insane and needs urgent attention. How did we let this guy beocome President?
Do you people read @ all. And @ op the title of the topic is misleading.
He never denied the presence of corruption in the government,nor is he running from responsibly, but simply reminded us that when we point a finger, the rest always points back @ us.
The truth is that most of us in this country do not believe we have any form of responsibility apart from paying of taxes
Truth is so many of us in this country benefit from corruption in one form or the order. Its high time we had more whistle blowers in our industries.
Our banks are ripping us of on a daily basis, and there people with inside information that keep this info to themselves.
The law is BLIND (hence the piece of cloth over the eyes of the statue we see in court houses).
Big thief, small theif, a thief is a thief!
Govt is doing something about corruption (no matter how microscopic it may be), its time we did our bit, but disclosing information about our corrupt uncles, aunts, brothers, sisters, cousins, that are part of organized labour, and are benefiting from corruption in one way or the other.
Re: Perpetrators Of Corruption Are Organised-Labour Members – Jonathan by chessguru1(m): 2:01pm On May 02, 2013
samm_miey: Apparently, its glearing this dude we refer as Nigeria president cannot pilot the affairs of this country,he's so full of timid.What is the essence of a dog one purchases with money that can neither bark nor bite?I'd rather suggest he steps down on time to pave way 4an individual capable to handle the affairs of this country efficiently.We are death sick of his rants on daily basis,he cannot prosecute any1,what meaningful project has he done successfully so far?he only ascended that position by a fortune and is running out of it now.
.^^^

Re: Perpetrators Of Corruption Are Organised-Labour Members – Jonathan by chessguru1(m): 2:09pm On May 02, 2013
TechyGuy: All the bad road projects you see are inspected by civil service engineers. They go there, they are sorted, then they go back with good reports. the road goes bad the next month, everybody starts insulting the governor or president!

Its only Nigerians that have not worked and interacted widely that think like the opposition supporters on this forum.

Or is it the folks that work in NAFDAC, PHCN, NNPC, POLICE, JAMB, WAEC, OUR UNIVERSITIES, even the JUDICIARY? Just name it, corruption is a "Nigerian" thing not a PDP or any other party thing.

It is more saddening to know that the 2 strongest tools to fight corruption, the church (religious places) and the family have had people twist their ideologies and values.
Its amazing how an ordinary NEPA official can open his filthy mouth and talk about how corrupt this country is when he contributes daily to the problem.
What about NNPC staffs. My God, I had a friend that did is IT in nnpc...people move fuel like its their fathers property. I guess GEJ should personally arrest each and every one of them.
As far as am concerned...if you are a nigerian and were born and raised in this country you have the potential of being corrupt. The only deciding factor is God and opportunity!
Re: Perpetrators Of Corruption Are Organised-Labour Members – Jonathan by nagoma(m): 2:48pm On May 02, 2013
Nkemtreasure: The man is right. Can any politician steal without a CIVIL SERVANT? In fact they are the ones who will cover the thing for you.
If you are to start a probe now, one union would call for strike. So how would you fight. Remember ASSU, they were looking for 75yrs retirement age and went on strke for 3 months. They were even paid for not going to work for all the time of the strike.
Pension T(C)hief, Ghost workers, police, AGs in LGAs and states, its even the engineers in the ministries that monitor projects. So, which one would you talk about?
If LABOUR (civil service) SAY NO TO CORRUPTION, THEN IT WILL BE CUT BY 90%

So what is he doing about it? I thought he was the president. I am tired of this blundering clueless man called Jonathan and the brainless sychophants that try to provide stupid excuses for him.
Re: Perpetrators Of Corruption Are Organised-Labour Members – Jonathan by jaybee(f): 3:03pm On May 02, 2013
joseph1832:

[size=14pt]the seventy something year old man is still there (lingering around) because he believes he can offer what the younger ones don't have ( or can not offer)[/size]

Recall thet IBB had said in an in terview that

"we have seen signs that they are not capable of leading this country and so we feel we should help them. May be they are not given the proper education that is why. I have spent 17 years since I left office. Haba! The younger generation is supposed to be in charge by now.
But a country like Nigeria cannot be ruled by people without experience. People like the Obama that you are speaking about have the experience. He started from the state House of Assembly to the House of Representatives and to the Senate. If our youths are like this, we will say they have the requisite experience. But we have not reached that level".

http://www.m-reporter.com/m-reporter-news/babangidas-bbc-radio-interview/

[size=14pt]The performance of GEJ is just confirming IBB's position on the younger politicians.[/size]

[size=14pt]it is not age thing, its about having power and knowing how to use it to the betterment of the country.[/size]
Re: Perpetrators Of Corruption Are Organised-Labour Members – Jonathan by nagoma(m): 3:10pm On May 02, 2013
joseph1832:

Jonathan is young why dont you just stick to him since age is your index of performance? Manmohan Singh the current Prime Minister of India , described as "The turning point in the economic history of modern India" is 81 this year. He was 72 years old when he was sworn in as Indias Prime Minister.They have never had it so good! What I am saying is Age may not be that important. The youngish Jonathan seems to be putting his youthful energy to other things than giving the country a good governance..
Re: Perpetrators Of Corruption Are Organised-Labour Members – Jonathan by Tolexander: 3:27pm On May 02, 2013
Billyonaire: [s]What do you understand by the word 'DEMOCRACY' and "SEPARATION OF POWERS" ? No wonder they call you people, Ignorant Masses![/s]
what kind of useless question as your useless identity is this?
Re: Perpetrators Of Corruption Are Organised-Labour Members – Jonathan by Kairoseki77: 3:47pm On May 02, 2013
Afrocatalyst: Responsible leaders dnt lay blame on others,they shoulder it themselves. That said,I dnt see any reasn for name bashing nw. I wonder if nlanders ever have d intention of getting on dat hot seat one day. What goes around comes around. We can make our points but in a respectful manner. Do unto others wat u want done to u and say unto others wat u want said unto u. Its true our president aint trying bt we can only complement til he leaves office for our own good.

Dudu, military dictatorship ended in 1999, this is a democracy now.
Re: Perpetrators Of Corruption Are Organised-Labour Members – Jonathan by chessguru1(m): 4:09pm On May 02, 2013
jaybee:

[size=14pt]the seventy something year old man is still there (lingering around) because he believes he can offer what the younger ones don't have ( or can not offer)[/size]

"we have seen signs that they are not capable of leading this country and so we feel we should help them. May be they are not given the proper education that is why. I have spent 17 years since I left office. Haba! The younger generation is supposed to be in charge by now.
But a country like Nigeria cannot be ruled by people without experience. People like the Obama that you are speaking about have the experience. He started from the state House of Assembly to the House of Representatives and to the Senate. If our youths are like this, we will say they have the requisite experience. But we have not reached that level".

[size=14pt]The performance of GEJ is just confirming IBB's position on the younger politicians.[/size]

[size=14pt]it is not age thing, its about having power and knowing how to use it to the betterment of the country.[/size]
Amazing argument brother. So what ur saying is that GEJ J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ contested for presidency right from the creeks abi? Or right from his days as a lecturer?
Was he not 1st a deputy governor, before becoming a governor, then vice president before he became the acting president and finally the president?
IBB's comment has nothing to do with the under performance of GEJ's administration.
Even in terms of age, GEJ ain't no spring chicken. He should be above 50 years.
And finally, who's job is it 2 train the leaders of tomorrow. If IBB, Buhari and co had don their job correctly, would there be a problem finding young leaders of today to assume the mantle of leadership?
And if they failed then to impact their immediate future generation (our parents), what hope do we the children of the present have?
Re: Perpetrators Of Corruption Are Organised-Labour Members – Jonathan by ForNow: 4:13pm On May 02, 2013
solopumpy227:

Hey Brother you dont get it. This is an elected Head of States blaming the subjects for festering corruption. what then is his job? A leader is supposed to lead selflesslly, correct mistakes, impose (where deemed necessary), purnish (evil doers), and cleanse his/her subject of vices.

We have given him our mandate and trust to lead and direct us by voting him into power 2011.

What President Jonathan is simply saying in his speech is that Nigeria remains corrupt under him because civil servants have refused to be incorruptible. This is simply buck-passing.

A more intelligent former President Obasanjo has challenged anyone, everyone to blame him for anything, all things that transpired under his rule as the Head of States and not his Lieutenants.

President Jonathan unfortunately know how to use Presidential powers to hound gov. Amaech, he knows how to use the same powers to stop pension thief Maina from being prosecuted, he used the same Presidential powers against the poor masses by removing subsidy in January 2012 but he has not been able to use the power to reduce corruption in the system.

THIS IS SHAMEFUL SO SHAMEFUL!

@ solopumpy227, You are the one not getting the simple speech by the President. He used the word "complement", that is to say, in addition to his own effort. If a leader is supposed to lead selflesslly, correct mistakes, impose (where deemed necessary), purnish (evil doers), and cleanse his/her subject of vices, what then are the roles of the subjects. Listen, the society can only get what it churns out. Tackling corruption is not the responsibility of the President alone but all and sundry, you and I. Especially, if some of these corrupt persons belong to a union, why cant the Labour Unions axe them, they are waiting on the President to do it and you want the country to be rid of corruption when the labour unionists are turning a blind eye to it.

The so-called more intelligent former President Obasanjo that you referred to, why is he afraid for his lieutenants to be probed, whom he used to siphoned our hard money (e.g. Billions of Dollars pumped into power sector during his tenure and yet nothing to show for it and he could not probe such waste before he left office). Or is he afraid one of them will expose him?

President GEJ may not be a perfect president (as you don't have any in this world except God), but he can use the powers the constitution bestows on him to cut-down the excesses of his subordinates, like Amaechi who uses the state funds to buy jet and flying all around the world while riverians are wallowing in abject poverty despite allocations Rivers state govt receives. Unlike former president Obasanjo's regime that increased fuel prices uncountable number of times in the name of deregulation, how many have we witnessed in GEJ's govt.

Get your facts right before coming into the forum to speak hate of the president even when what he said is not far from the truth.

God Bless GEJ,
God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Perpetrators Of Corruption Are Organised-Labour Members – Jonathan by joseph1832(m): 4:22pm On May 02, 2013
jaybee:

I can't believe your using what IBB said as an anchor in your arguement. Perhaps your so called IBB can tell us how did country became so engulf in corruption?.

Believe me the younger generations do have what it takes, Fashola has proven himself to be among those who have so far put the likes of GEJ to shame.

Weshould be more concern about a leader who has vision for Nigeria not one who wants to win at all cost. This same Buhari said after 2011 he's donme with politics, so tell me what is he looking for now?..

A man who can't keep to his words is dishonest and can't be trusted to pilot the affairs of this country!
Re: Perpetrators Of Corruption Are Organised-Labour Members – Jonathan by ForNow: 4:39pm On May 02, 2013
joseph1832:
"The so called FG is the common man and the labour force" what a load of crap!!!. The incident of the man you mentioned is one I can believe, there are Nigerians out there who are not corrupt and who certainly don't have a price.

I've often said that our country is streaming with hypocrites, people who criticize people for doing the same thing they do.

Non the less not all Nigerians are corrupt!

Are you sure you live in Nigeria? Even the child unborn knows the meaning of corruption because that is what his/her parents feed him/her on. No exageration here, even you yourself have a price. So trust ALL Nigerians are corrupt either directly or aiding and abating it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NNPC Records N85.5 Billion Loss On Petrol Importation, Says Kachikwu / 2019 Elections: Outbreak Of BMC Propagandists On Nairaland (See Clear Evidence ) / Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.