Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,001 members, 7,814,413 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Please Help, How Can I Remove Partition From My Memory Card - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Please Help, How Can I Remove Partition From My Memory Card (3691 Views)

Here's The 5 Apps You Should Remove Right Now From Your Smartphone / How To Partition Your SD Card For Android Without PC / My Memory Card;:::keeps Corrupting Files I Transfer Or Received: Marking It (?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help, How Can I Remove Partition From My Memory Card by Joe50(m): 6:55pm On May 01, 2013
Hello NL;
I use htc desire android phone rooted, my sd card is 8gig, i partitioned it to 2gig using the phone, hopping that my internal phone memory will increase and any application i install will go directly to the partitioned part but didn't work out, instead my sd card keeps showing TOTAL SIZE OF SD IS 6GIG AND AVAILABLE 6GIG.

Despite i use app2sd application to move my apps to sd card the phone memory keeps decreasing anytime i install new application.

Now the 2gig i partitioned is a waist cos nothing is entry inside and i can't even see it.

Please help, how can i remove the partition from my memory card so that i can fully have my 8gig back
Re: Please Help, How Can I Remove Partition From My Memory Card by Joe50(m): 4:28pm On May 02, 2013
No one to help undecided undecided undecided
Re: Please Help, How Can I Remove Partition From My Memory Card by Megozuks: 11:05pm On May 02, 2013
Joe50: Hello NL;
I use htc desire android phone rooted, my sd card is 8gig, i partitioned it to 2gig using the phone, hopping that my internal phone memory will increase and any application i install will go directly to the partitioned part but didn't work out, instead my sd card keeps showing TOTAL SIZE OF SD IS 6GIG AND AVAILABLE 6GIG.

Despite i use app2sd application to move my apps to sd card the phone memory keeps decreasing anytime i install new application.

Now the 2gig i partitioned is a waist cos nothing is entry inside and i can't even see it.

Please help, how can i remove the partition from my memory card so that i can fully have my 8gig back

To remove the partition, you would have to format your sd card.Just ensure you have a back-up. Alternatively, you can change the settings of your phone to always install on the sd card.SETTINGS>APPLICATIONS>PREFERRED INSTALL LOCATION>REMOVABLE SD CARD. Cheers.
Re: Please Help, How Can I Remove Partition From My Memory Card by starlightRR(m): 8:13am On May 03, 2013
format the phone n memory card (MMC).....then repartition ur MMC

that's when link2sd will work properly
Re: Please Help, How Can I Remove Partition From My Memory Card by Joe50(m): 10:59am On May 03, 2013
Megozuks:

To remove the partition, you would have to format your sd card.Just ensure you have a back-up. Alternatively, you can change the settings of your phone to always install on the sd card.SETTINGS>APPLICATIONS>PREFERRED INSTALL LOCATION>REMOVABLE SD CARD. Cheers.

i have done that several times but still showing me 6gig total size

starlight®®:
format the phone n memory card (MMC).....then repartition ur MMC

that's when link2sd will work properly

i did that... inshort i format my initial rom that came with the phone... still nothing happen.
am just using moded rom now, my initial rom is gone due to hard format.
i also use computer to format the sd card, still showing 6gig
Re: Please Help, How Can I Remove Partition From My Memory Card by Megozuks: 12:50pm On May 03, 2013
Use a phone to format it. Preferably a java phone. Cheers.
Re: Please Help, How Can I Remove Partition From My Memory Card by Panshow(m): 3:40am On May 29, 2013
That same method you use to partition the sd card is the same method you will use to retrieve it back.

(1) (Reply)

Whatever You Do, Do NOT Do This With Your Smartphone In Bed POLICE Warn Against / GB Instagram V1.30 APK Download For Android 2018 / Which Phone Can Last Me Up To Two Days Without Charge And Still Be Faster?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.