Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,906 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests (6328 Views)

Roman Catholic Church The Babylon In Bible Prophecy. +the Pope Is The Beast / The Next Pope Is The Anti-christ / The Pope Is The Antichrist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Sisikill: 5:26pm On Apr 18, 2008
Uche2nna
I can't believe the amount of contradiction I am reading on this thread. So to defend the pastors , You agree that no system is flawless. But in case of the Catholic priests  that argument does not hold. Celibacy should scraped because some priests could not live up to their vows. Next You would be advocating for polygamous marriages merely on the ground that some spouses are unfaithful.

It is easy to stand and throw stones at the catholic church while keeping the church u attend a secret.

Rotflmao. . .Ironic isn't it? The We're only Human flag is waved when the floodlights are turned on some people but they are so quick to dismiss it when it comes to others.

Yep, Religion for Unity, Peace and Love. . .if Unity, Peace and Love means Division, Condemning others and being blatant Hypocrites and yet the answer to why someone would rather be an atheist continues to puzzle the mind. . .Lol
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 18, 2008
Sisikill:

Rotflmao. . .Ironic isn't it? The We're only Human flag is waved when the floodlights are turned on some people but they are so quick to dismiss it when it comes to others.
Good thinking.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by PastorAIO: 5:58pm On Apr 18, 2008
imhotep:

Fanaticism is an overcompensation for doubt. Jealousy of the RCC will not take you anywhere. We refuse to join the 33,000 anathematized protestant sects.

I don't think that the nail has ever been hit so squarely on the head.  I have my doubts about anyone here's quest for truth.  I think that you are all more concerned (terrified in fact) that the positions that you have taken will be able to withstand the assault of truth and facts.  Why build such a fortress against truth.  Because deep down you all know.  And there is no more point in taking the path of logic/argument/facts for you are too well fortified by faulty reasoning and emotionality.  Really both catholics and protestants are motivated by their emotions.  The emotion of fear to be specific.

Imhotep I respect you and I really don't want that to change.  When someone presents historical facts that you don't agree with what you should do is say, 'right, this fact that you've stated is in fact not true because what happened was this.  Go and read these sources'.  I can respect and appreciate that.  However bringing up the Jewish holocaust?   What the hell has that got to do with anything?  Unless you are trying to demonstrate the parallels with you denying that the orthodox church committed one hell of a frightful holocaust on all the christians that weren't orthodox.  

imhotep:

History can be distorted for political motives. Do you know that some people now deny the Jewish holocaust of World War II Even with all the filmed and photographed evidence??

This comment from you makes me feel like not taking you seriously at all.

imhotep:

These events led to the Great Schism between the Greek (East) and Latin (RCC) churches. This schism still exists. Though some Greek churches have come back to the Latin church. Search for "Eastern Catholic Churches" on google.

I know quite a bit about the great schism my friend.  Did you also know that the schism was almost mended in the 15th century.  I'll tell you what happened?  The Turkish empire was expanding into eastern Europe.  Many cities were falling to the muslims when the greek orthodox church ran to rome to beg the pope to rally the rest of christendom against the muslim invaders.  They negotiated for weeks and eventually the pope agreed to send troops on the condition that the eastern churches accepted the Pope's leadership of all of christendom.  The eastern church leaders accepted because they had no choice, the turks were on their doorstep.  
When they got back to constantinople and declared the outcome of their negotiations it cause street riots.  The people of eastern europe were disgusted at the idea of joining that corrupt, morally bankrupt, materialistic and immoral organisation called the Roman Catholic church.  The riots kept getting worse and worse until the leaders accepted that the people just would not accept the leadership of the pope.  They were too repulsed by the catholic church, that they would rather die by the saracen blade.  
This contempt for the RCC was not only in eastern europe but also in western europe too.  you should read contemporary accounts such as Bocaccio's decameron to see what the man on the street thought of RCC.
Any way that was how Byzantium finally fell to the Islamic sword.  Constantinople became Istanbul and the main church was converted into a mosque.  All because the RCC was such a contemptuous organisation.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by PastorAIO: 6:02pm On Apr 18, 2008
x24luv:

Please someone should help me out with a good answer, I really need a Good sugar mama who can care for me but i don't know where to meet them and i have been seeing and hearing people hanging out with them, Please any should im a hommie here whos number is +2347031311053 and i will be waiting to hear from her thanks to all

Xsto

kai! But sha I can't point finger at you. You stay more on topic than Imhotep. for real.

Apparently there is a sugar Mama called regina coelis that can give you anything you want. She will even talk to god for you.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 18, 2008
Pastor AIO:

I don't think that the nail has ever been hit so squarely on the head. I have my doubts about anyone here's quest for truth. I think that you are all more concerned (terrified in fact) that the positions that you have taken will be able to withstand the assault of truth and facts. Why build such a fortress against truth. Because deep down you all know. And there is no more point in taking the path of logic/argument/facts for you are too well fortified by faulty reasoning and emotionality. Really both catholics and protestants are motivated by their emotions. The emotion of fear to be specific.
Speak for your (protestant) self.

Pastor AIO:

Imhotep I respect you and I really don't want that to change. When someone presents historical facts that you don't agree with what you should do is say, 'right, this fact that you've stated is in fact not true because what happened was this. Go and read these sources'. I can respect and appreciate that. However bringing up the Jewish holocaust? What the hell has that got to do with anything? Unless you are trying to demonstrate the parallels with you denying that the orthodox church committed one hell of a frightful holocaust on all the christians that weren't orthodox.

This comment from you makes me feel like not taking you seriously at all.
Don't be naive. History can be (has been) distorted for political motives. We are not moved by everything we read.

Pastor AIO:

I know quite a bit about the great schism my friend. Did you also know that the schism was almost mended in the 15th century. I'll tell you what happened? The Turkish empire was expanding into eastern Europe. Many cities were falling to the great ones when the greek orthodox church ran to rome to beg the pope to rally the rest of christendom against the a great one invaders. They negotiated for weeks and eventually the pope agreed to send troops on the condition that the eastern churches accepted the Pope's leadership of all of christendom. The eastern church leaders accepted because they had no choice, the turks were on their doorstep.
When they got back to constantinople and declared the outcome of their negotiations it cause street riots. The people of eastern europe were disgusted at the idea of joining that corrupt, morally bankrupt, materialistic and immoral organisation called the Roman Catholic church. The riots kept getting worse and worse until the leaders accepted that the people just would not accept the leadership of the pope. They were too repulsed by the catholic church, that they would rather die by the saracen blade.
This contempt for the RCC was not only in eastern europe but also in western europe too. you should read contemporary accounts such as Bocaccio's decameron to see what the man on the street thought of RCC.
Any way that was how Byzantium finally fell to the Great Religious sword. Constantinople became Istanbul and the main church was converted into a mosque. All because the RCC was such a contemptuous organisation.
The Greek church was almost wiped out because of the divisions existing in the Church. Also check what happened to them during the Russian revolution.

wikipedia:
In the period between 1927 and 1940, the number of Orthodox Churches in the Russian Republic fell from 29,584 to less than 500. Between 1917 and 1935, 130,000 Orthodox priests were arrested. Of these, 95,000 were put to death, executed by firing squad
See => http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Orthodox_Church#Russian_revolution

Now you want to create more divisions in the RCC. We know your type. You are interested in the diabolical method of 'divide and rule'. You are on your own.

The RCC will continue to inspire awe and envy in protestants like you. However, you MUST learn to live with it.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Uche2nna(m): 6:26pm On Apr 18, 2008
Sisikill:

Uche2nna

That tells u a lot about them cheesy Always flipping argument and cherry-picking just to suit whatever thier claims are. Bunch of hypocrites and self-righteous people angry
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by PastorAIO: 6:30pm On Apr 18, 2008
imhotep:

Speak for your (protestant) self.

NOT.  Please get your facts straight.  I am not protesting against anyone or any thing.  I just speak the truth as I see it.

imhotep:

Don't be naive. History can be (has been) distorted for political motives. We are not moved by everything we read.
The Greek church was almost wiped out because of the divisions existing in the Church. Also check what happened to them during the Russian revolution.
Now you want to create more divisions in the RCC. We know your type. You are interested in the diabolical method of 'divide and rule'. You are on your own.

I know history can be used for politics but I am not a politician.  Please I would like to to point to one thing I said.  Just one thing that I said that is factually inaccurate and that you dispute against.  Not quoting holocaust which has nothing to do with the subject.  Just say 'Pastor you said such and such and that is wrong'.  

imhotep:
The Greek church was almost wiped out because of the divisions existing in the Church.

The RCC will continue to inspire awe and envy in protestants like you. However, you MUST learn to live with it.

The greek orthodox were not wiped out.  Not even almost wiped out.  But Byzantium fell to the turks because they people refused to accept the papacy.  simple.

Again I am not protesting against anything.  You are free to believe whatever you want to believe.  I was just presenting facts. Historical facts.  Whether you can handle that or not is your problem.  I am not championing any religion, sect, cult, organisation, church, temple, synagogue or anything.  I am just with the truth and I've presented you with facts that have made you shudder and tremble and duck and dive and avoid and squirm like a wretched worm after the storm that has been caught in the hot baking sun shining it's heated rays of FACTS.  Good Lord, There is power in the truth, is there not.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 18, 2008
Pastor AIO:

NOT. Please get your facts straight. I am not protesting against anyone or any thing. I just speak the truth as I see it.
Truth, for you, is ANYTHING that will undermine the RCC.

Pastor AIO:

I know history can be used for politics but I am not a politician. Please I would like to to point to one thing I said. Just one thing that I said that is factually inaccurate and that you dispute against. Not quoting holocaust which has nothing to do with the subject. Just say 'Pastor you said such and such and that is wrong'.
I don't subscribe to the works of politically motivated scholars.

Pastor AIO:

The greek orthodox were not wiped out. Not even almost wiped out. But Byzantium fell to the turks because they people refused to accept the papacy. simple.
This should teach you the value of Christian unity that Christ prayed for.

Pastor AIO:

Again I am not protesting against anything.
Really?

Pastor AIO:

You are free to believe whatever you want to believe.
You too.

Pastor AIO:

I was just presenting facts. Historical facts.
To do what with these facts? If not protest.

Pastor AIO:

Whether you can handle that or not is your problem. I am not championing any religion, sect, cult, organisation, church, temple, synagogue or anything. I am just with the truth and I've presented you with facts that have made you shudder and tremble and duck and dive and avoid and squirm like a wretched worm after the storm that has been caught in the hot baking sun shining it's heated rays of FACTS. Good Lord, There is power in the truth, is there not.
Why not look at the splinters within protestantism. Remember the magic number => 33,000.
Your own sect will splinter and divide before the year 2050, like all other sects.

You protestants should mend your ways. We are not moved by biased historical studies and biblical misquotes. 2,000 years of RCC history is not a joke.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by PastorAIO: 6:48pm On Apr 18, 2008
Are you sure that your name is Imhotep? Or is it Imo ti o pe. In yoruba language that na de knowledge wey no complete. Fake knowledge. Your name don expose you. Oruko ni nroni. That is yoruba language for 'it is your name that heralds you'.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 18, 2008
Pastor AIO:

Are you sure that your name is Imhotep? Or is it Imo ti o pe. In yoruba language that na de knowledge wey no complete. Fake knowledge. Your name don expose you. Oruko ni nroni. That is yoruba language for 'it is your name that heralds you'.
Thanks for the compliments. It seems you are at your wits end.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by PastorAIO: 7:51pm On Apr 18, 2008
imhotep:

Thanks for the compliments. It seems you are at your wits end.

I'm simply no longer taking you seriously.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Nobody: 7:55pm On Apr 18, 2008
Pastor AIO:

I'm simply no longer taking you seriously.
Because I don't support your anti-Catholicism?
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Lady2(f): 9:33pm On Apr 18, 2008
I suppose that city of sin and heresy knew more than Apostle Paul who said this - 1 Corinthians 7:9 But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.

So the Pastors wey don marry, how dem go control the burn? Make dem marry again?
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Lady2(f): 9:35pm On Apr 18, 2008
I'm sorry but Lady's question is not thought provoking but is as old as 2000yrs. Even Christ had 12 disciples and 1 was a devil. How much more mere pastors who are but flesh and blood like you and me.
Apostle Paul said - Romans 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Pastors are humans too and prone to fall into error.

But the Priests aren't. No be women wey born pastor born Priest?
It is alright for the Pastors to do it and then say that I am only human. Na which planet wey Priest come from then?

Look at the hypocrisy.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Lady2(f): 9:38pm On Apr 18, 2008
Ironically, after I posted my reply this very said predicament came to mind, You beat me to it.  Very good illustration. It more or less dealt with the issue that she raised

No it didn't.
Since Pastors are human and Priests are not. Let us assume that Priests are allowed to marry and then they commit the same sin, my dear is that when they will become human?
What then is the issue? If at celibacy they can't contain it and at marriage they can't contain it either, what then is the cause?

My dear ask the Holy Spirit for guidance on this issue. Hypocrisy is condemned by God.

Just for you to know, the Priests live their life as the apostles did. They are not to be of this world but are to pack their bags and do the will of God. They're to live their life at the mercy of others. Yes they are homeless and wherever they are directed by the Spirit they are to go.
1 Corinthians 4: 10 - 13

10 We are fools on Christ's account, but you are wise in Christ; we are weak, but you are strong; you are held in honour, but we in disrepute
11 To this very hour we go hungry and thirsty, we are poorly clad and roughly treated, we wander about homeless
12 and we toil, working with our hands. When ridiculed, we bless; when persecuted, we endure;
13 when slandered, we respond gently. We have become like the world's rubbish, the scum of all, to this very moment.

They are to devote themselves to God and none other. They are to please the Lord and the Lord alone. They are to be concerned with the Lord's work and the Lord's work alone.

1Corinthians 7: 32-35
32 I should like you to be free of anxieties. An unmarried man is anxious about the things of the Lord, how he may please the Lord.
33. But the married man is anxious about the things of the world, how he may please his wife,
34 and he is divided. An unmarried woman or a virgin is anxious about the things of the Lord, so that she may be holy in both body and spirit. A married woman, on the other hand, is anxious about the things og the world, how she may please her husband
35. I am telling you this for your own benefit, not to impose a restraint upon you, but for the sake of propriety and adherence to the Lord without distraction.

There is nothing wrong with your pastors that marry. There are people who serve in the Catholic Church that are married, but the Church is asking that its Priests abstain so as to not be concerned with the world or with pleasing a woman or anyone else, but to be completely devoted to the Lord, both in body and in spirit.
There is nothing wrong in that.

If I choose today that I want to be concerned only for God and devote my entire body and soul to him without reserve for any man, there is nothing wrong with that. The Priests and Nuns choose to do so and there is nothing wrong with that. Those who fall short, do so because of the weak spirit not because they cannot marry. Pastors too fall because of the weak spirit not because they were married.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Lady2(f): 10:19pm On Apr 18, 2008
Fine, but when you can show me that in the bible get back to me, k?  And if there truly is a relationship between the living and the dead, do you pray to ex-popes, Mother Theresa and other famous catholics who in your view would qualify as Saints? Secondly, do you pray to your deceased loved ones who you believe are in heaven?

I surely will. I posted something earlier about it, but didn't go into explanation of it, the relationship between the living and the dead. I am at work right now and don't have enough time to go into details, but trust me it's coming.

Huney, asking me for something is very differenct from asking God. We are in two seperate realms. You could ask me to pray TO God but you cannot pray to me AS God. Thats the difference.

Suga, I'm gald you see my point.  wink

To us
Don't you think its important to ascertain that its the same to GOD? If you ask me, the best way to do that is to check the bible

I don't quite understand you here. What are you replying to? I only see you quoted "To Us" please elaborate. Thanks.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Lady2(f): 10:35pm On Apr 18, 2008
i logged in again today just to say weldone imhotep, lady and uche2nna

Thanks, how are you?

but i'd like to advise you to ignore some persons, particularly cgift for obvious reasons.
the guy does not know the difference between study and wallowing in ignorance

Honestly last night, I was just thinking and my mind was drawn to this board. I thought of cgift and 4Him and I shook my head. Must hatred be given space to roam?
I honestly thought that maybe these guys couldn't comprehend what I post, but I noticed something when I logged on and saw 4Him's excuse for the Pastors who commit adultery, and I said, this guy knows what he's doing. He's not out to spread the gospel, but out to destroy the beautiful Unity in the body of Christ. He speaks with hatred, arrogance, pride, and ignorance. I can only pray for him.
As for cgift, well I won't even bother responding to his posts, because he will be forced to respond to mine and then he will truly be ridiculed.
If you are a true scholar, you will come with hard facts, you will go into details and give thorough explanations for your points. You won't point blame and make a half point.

*Imhotep, I do have to say this to you though, in ur postings be thorough and detailed. Though they come with hatred, meet them with love. Even if it means you have to explain things using the A B C's (A is for apple, B is for boy) do so. There are others reading this thread and they too also learn from it. Never miss an opportunity to educate someone. Knowledge is power, education is key.
Also please stop bringing in the 33,000 sects. If they ask you a question, answer it, WITH FACTS, trust me they are in the Bible, ask the Lord for guidance and he will ALWAYS guide you. Don't resort to speaking about them. I know it's hard but you must not become like them to bash them. There are those that aren't protestant and they ask the same questions, so just answer them* GOD IS OUR GUIDE!!!!

lady this is specially for you:
Ave Maria, Mater Dei, Spes nostra, ora pro nobis (Hail Mary, Mother of God, our hope,
pray for us )

LOL, THANKS!!!! Anyone know how I can learn Latin?
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Nobody: 12:16pm On Apr 20, 2008
~Lady~:

LOL, THANKS!!!! Anyone know how I can learn Latin?

Check the following sites for links
1. http://www.learnlangs.com/latin/
2. http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/latin/beginners/default.htm
3. This article has many links at the tail end ==> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Uche2nna(m): 4:59am On Apr 21, 2008
Why would u wanna learn latin naw?

I am more drawn to learning Japanese or even Mandarin or whatever the Chinese speak grin
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by cgift(m): 9:48am On Apr 21, 2008
~Lady~:

Thanks, how are you?

Honestly last night, I was just thinking and my mind was drawn to this board. I thought of cgift and 4Him and I shook my head. Must hatred be given space to roam?

Hope you have not lost sleep. Please take things lightly. It does not call for all these you are putting yourself thru.

~Lady~:

I honestly thought that maybe these guys couldn't comprehend what I post, but I noticed something when I logged on and saw 4Him's excuse for the Pastors who commit adultery, and I said, this guy knows what he's doing. He's not out to spread the gospel, but out to destroy the beautiful Unity in the body of Christ. He speaks with hatred, arrogance, pride, and ignorance. I can only pray for him.

You are taking things too far. You remind me of this statement: Have i become they enemy because i speak the truth?

~Lady~:

As for cgift, well I won't even bother responding to his posts, because he will be forced to respond to mine and then he will truly be ridiculed.
If you are a true scholar, you will come with hard facts, you will go into details and give thorough explanations for your points. You won't point blame and make a half point.

Birds of a feather! Maybe you are doing selective reading. What other fact do you want from me. I have told you just a little of what transpires in the seminaries and some of the books they use for their theology. I even gave you the name of the author and an excerpt from the book. What else do you want? Why cant you just go and get the book or liaise with ur priests to authenticate my submissions? Are you afraid? Or is it hard for you to believe that they allow fornication about once or twice a month among the priests? Again, St. Liguori said in his book (see, he has been canonised grin). Yes. St. Alphonsus Liguori) that a priest that falls (into fornication) once a month may be excused, i.e., twelve (12) times year, he will be excused. Some married people self no do reach 10 times a year. So who is deceiving whom?

Get it staright, the devil has laid a serious trap for your leaders. Infact, they are dining and whinning with him. So what sort of tutoring can one expect from someone who is not even charged with extreme moral expectations by his boss or bishop of pope?

Now are you not the one subjecting yourself to ridicule taking the whole thing as war? I am not fighting you lady. Just be at peace and take things objectively. I have given you a position, counter it. Simple.

Do you care i take you through where your popes have committed your souls to the hands of mary of the apparition (i call her mary of the apparitions and not of the bible) as against committing your precious souls to the hands of Christ? Do you care?
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Mosetra(f): 3:47pm On Apr 21, 2008
i am ashamed that a muslim started this thread and gave way for christians to embarass and antagonise one another. what a shame!!!! remember if you sell your kinsman for one kobo, you cant redeem him with a million naira. that's a proverb
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by cgift(m): 4:39pm On Apr 21, 2008
Mosetra:

i am ashamed that a a great one started this thread and gave way for christians to embarass and antagonise one another. what a shame!!!! remember if you sell your kinsman for one kobo, you can't redeem him with a million naira. that's a proverb

Irrespective of whoever starts the thread, facts must be presented as they really are and not someone declaring war on the other. Don't forget that the so-calld grait-ones have been taken to the cleaners in prior threads. So, nobody is being treated with kids gloves.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by zigam(m): 4:43pm On Apr 21, 2008
Pope deeply ashamed?
I'm even ashamed too and I pray that Pope will carry his threats of dealing with the Priests involved to deter others.

Catholic Priests are not the only anointed men of God that commits this crime, it's also common among Pastors.
To be fair, the Priests are trying because for a young man to stay years without a woman is not all that easy.
They are human beings and so can fall but the problem is to fall and remain down.

I know a lot of good Catholic Priests and we should not condemn all because of a few.
Christians should stop fighting among themselves, be it Catholicism or Protestantism.
It's one Christian and no group should claim of being better than the other.
Protestants still have their own problems even worst if I may say.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by cgift(m): 5:09pm On Apr 21, 2008
zigam,

too many things are fundamentally wrong with the Roman Catholic Church (RCC) not just pedophile priests. Countless things. Where do we want to begin. I have always charged them, list the ten commandments of the bible as we have it in the RCC. Na lie! Dem go run. They wont tell you the truth. But let me limit it to the topic at hand. Their priests dont feel any form of corruption or sin when they infact commit these sexual sins. They are excused according to the great theologian and author, whom they have canonized and his books used in teaching the priests. They have legitimized sin only for the Priests whom at the same time they call creators of Jesus especially during the Eucharists. Priests? When you see one run! They are wolves in sheep's clothings!

This is not hatred. I have got nothing to gain by hating. I am just saying what is. People should not believe me. They should check it out for themselves. I beg catholics, (sincere ones at that) to understudy priests. Go to their library and see if you can see a book called the Dignitiy & Durties of the Priests. There you will see heresy! Corruption! what else?

Make i take cover i beg!
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by zigam(m): 5:40pm On Apr 21, 2008
cgift:

zigam,

too many things are fundamentally wrong with the Roman Catholic Church (RCC) not just pedophile priests. Countless things. Where do we want to begin. I have always charged them, list the ten commandments of the bible as we have it in the RCC. Na lie! Dem go run. T[b]hey wont tell you the truth. But let me limit it to the topic at hand. Their priests don't feel any form of corruption or sin when they infact commit these sexual sins. They are excused according to the great theologian and author, whom they have canonized and his books used in teaching the priests. They have legitimized sin only for the Priests whom at the same time they call creators of Jesus especially during the Eucharists. Priests?[/b] When you see one run! They are wolves in sheep's clothings!

This is not hatred. I have got nothing to gain by hating. I am just saying what is. People should not believe me. They should check it out for themselves. I beg catholics, (sincere ones at that) to understudy priests. Go to their library and see if you can see a book called the Dignitiy & Durties of the Priests. There you will see heresy! Corruption! what else?

Make i take cover i beg!

No, no Cgift, how could you say they have legitimized sin when their leader Pope felt ashamed?
Their Pope did not clap or encourage those Priests.
You see, you too must be careful because I have not seen any Catholic faithfuls or Priests that says sin is proper.
I have a lot of friends there who are good Christians and sometimes I worship with them because my wife to be is a Catholic.

I also have a lot of protestant friends who are good Christians.
In fact there was a crusade organised by Catholics and their Priests were outstanding that very day.
Their preachings were based in bible and they weren't interested in stage miracles or material things.
That's why I love them most. though they still have their own faults.
Besides, I still love some Protestant Pastors and the way they preach yet they still have their own faults.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by cgift(m): 6:12pm On Apr 21, 2008
zigam:

No, no Cgift, how could you say they have legitimized sin when their leader Pope felt ashamed?
Their Pope did not clap or encourage those Priests.
You see, you too must be careful because I have not seen any Catholic faithfuls or Priests that says sin is proper.

I sympathize with you. Do you know what it is to call someone a wolf in sheep's clothing? They say one thing and do another. You wont expect him to declare that in public would you.? Just take a deep and independent search to a priest or a RCC reverend father. Request for the sources i have mentioned above. Ask him for the book and that you would like to read it that you want to understand more about the office of the Priest. Watchout for his reaction.

Why is it that Catholcis on this forum have had a hard time debunkering my claims. If someone convincingly debunks my claim (as one ~lady~ has promised. I promise i will stop posting anything against catholics on this forum and i mean it.

zigam:

and sometimes I worship with them because my wife to be is a Catholic.
i think you may be safe because she is not likely to know the power play and core missions of the Vatican authorities. But ensure you deliver her from the marian apparitions and messages. They are of the devil not God.

zigam:

I also have a lot of protestant friends who are good Christians.
In fact there was a crusade organised by Catholics and their Priests were outstanding that very day.
Their preachings were based in bible and they weren't interested in stage miracles or material things.
That's why I love them most. though they still have their own faults.
Besides, I still love some Protestant Pastors and the way they preach yet they still have their own faults.

Correct. Every man is got faults. But some faults are self-made like these catholic doctrines. They are not just faults. They are herecies. Herecies are not faults. They are demonic and satanic. How can someone say that Mary is the Saviour of his people and the subjects/followers too are comfortable with that? Lord have mercy!
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 21, 2008
@cgift
Keep quiet and go and reconcile your 33,000 sects. Especially those that are blending bible and juju. Take the logs out of your eye.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Lady2(f): 7:40pm On Apr 21, 2008
Hope you have not lost sleep. Please take things lightly. It does not call for all these you are putting  yourself through.

No I have not. I don't loose sleep, especially over someone hateful. I let God deal with it. Besides I don't know you or 4Him. I just marvel at such ignorance.

You are taking things too far. You remind me of this statement: Have i become they enemy because i speak the truth?

TRUTH according to whom, me or you? You forget that the Muuuuslims believe they hold the truth. Should their truth then be considered truth? Seriously man, get off your high horse.

Birds of a feather! Maybe you are doing selective reading

No I don't. Check my posts and you will see that I don't.

What other fact do  you want from me. I have told you just a little of what transpires in the seminaries and some of the books they use for their theology. I even gave you the name of the author and an excerpt from the book. What else do you want? Why can't you just go and get the book or liaise with your priests to authenticate my submissions? Are you afraid? Or is it hard for you to believe that they allow fornication about once or twice a month among the priests? Again, St. Liguori said in his book (see, he has been canonised  ). Yes. St. Alphonsus Liguori) that a priest that falls (into fornication) once a month may be excused, i.e., twelve (12) times  year, he will be excused. Some married people self no do reach 10 times a year. So who is deceiving whom?

I want you to actually hold a discussion without your personal motives. I also want you to open your eyes and stop being hypocritical. I also want you to do your research before you speak. I also want you to stop judging. I also want you to stop thinking of yourself as holder of the truth, because you don't hold it.
Other than you engaging in a discussion like a sane person, I want nothing from you.

I have looked up the book and I will finish reading it, so far, nothing you mentioned is true.

Get it staright, the devil has laid a serious trap for your leaders. Infact, they are dining and whinning with him. So what sort of tutoring can one expect from someone who is not even charged with extreme moral expectations by his boss or bishop of pope?

No one dubbed you holder of the truth. You are human and are highly flawed. Why should I believe you?
You have proven yourself a hypocrite, why should I believe you?
You have labeled yourself as judge and are therefore playing God, why should I even engage in a discussion with you who challenge God's position?

Now are you not the one subjecting yourself to ridicule taking the whole thing as war? I am not fighting you lady. Just be at peace and take things objectively. I have given you a position, counter it. Simple.

You have been countered MANY times, but still hold yourself as God and holder of the truth. Now who is blind?
No you're not fighting me but you are fighting with God's anointed.

Do you care i take you through where your popes have committed your souls to the hands of mary of the apparition (i call her mary of the apparitions and not of the bible) as against committing your precious souls to the hands of Christ? Do you care?

Ofcourse your conspiracy theories. Why should I engage in a discussion with you again? When you cannot provide simple proof of Catholics Worshipping Mary? Or Praying in Mary's name? Or worshipping a saint?

I have always charged them, list the ten commandments of the bible as we have it in the RCC. Na lie! Dem go run

When have you done so, and when did we run? Don't lie dear, it's a sin. You wouldn't want to be called a sinner since you're palying God now would you?
Don't forget that the same ten commandments in your Bible are in ours. If you don't agree with ours, then chuck yours.

Their priests don't feel any form of corruption or sin when they infact commit these sexual sins.

Because you are their "feelings"

Make i take  cover i beg!

don't take cover, stand your ground and shame yourself.

They say one thing and do another

Just as you say one thing and do the other.

Why is it that Catholcis on this forum have had a hard time debunkering my claims. If someone convincingly debunks my claim (as one ~lady~ has promised. I promise i will stop posting anything against catholics on this forum and i mean it.

No one has a hard time. I have debunked the claims by many Protestants. I have been unbiased and laid EVERYTHING out. I stuck to my promise, you have not.
I have answered every question, but protestants have either dodged me or twisted my words. I have noticed something, and yes it seems to be a trend. When I debunk something from a protestant, he moves on to the next Catholic and ignores my posts and flat out refuses to answer my questions. I have kept my promise and I tirelessly defend my faith. It has been proven to you.

But o how I wish this forum was not monitored and posts were not deleted at will (and yes I said at will).

Cgift, if I start with you, you WILL run, that is a promise.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 21, 2008
@cgift
Use your bible to preach to the following groups of people. Go and resolve their deep confusion. Don't be jealous of the organisation of the Catholics.

Protestant_Denominations:
Anglican Church in Aotearoa, New Zealand and Polynesia
Anglican Church in Thailand
Anglican Church of Australia
Anglican Church of Burundi
Anglican Church of Canada
Anglican Church of Kenya
Anglican Church of Korea
Anglican Church of Papua New Guinea
Anglican Church of Southern Africa
Anglican Church of Tanzania
Church in the Province of the West Indies
Church in Wales
Church of England
Church of Ireland
Church of Nigeria
Church of Uganda
Church of the Province of Central Africa
Church of the Province of Melanesia
Church of the Province of Myanmar
Church of the Province of Rwanda
Church of the Province of South East Asia
Church of the Province of the Indian Ocean
Church of the Province of West Africa
Episcopal Church in Jerusalem and the Middle East
Episcopal Church in the United States of America
Episcopal Church of Cuba
Episcopal Church of the Sudan
Hong Kong Sheng Kung Hui
Iglesia Anglicana de la Region Central America
Iglesia Anglicana de México
Iglesia Anglicana del Cono Sur de las Americas
Igreja Episcopal Anglicana do Brasil
Lusitanian Church of Portugal
Nippon Sei Ko Kai (Japan)
Philippine Episcopal Church
Scottish Episcopal Church
Spanish Reformed Episcopal Church

The Anglican Communion also includes the following united churches:

Church of Bangladesh
Church of North India
Church of South India
Church of Pakistan

(Continuing and Independent) Anglican
Main article: Continuing_Anglican_movement
African Orthodox Church
Anglican Catholic Church
Anglican Church in America
Anglican Mission in America
Anglican Orthodox Church
Anglican Province of America
Anglican Province of Christ the King
Charismatic Episcopal Church
Christian Episcopal Church
Church of England (Continuing)
Church of England in South Africa
Communion of Evangelical Episcopal Churches
Episcopal Missionary Church
Free Church of England
Free Protestant Episcopal Church
Reformed Episcopal Church
Southern Episcopal Church

Hussites
Moravian Church
Taborites
Unity of the Brethren
Utraquists
Waldensians
Waldensian-Methodist Union of Italy
Waldensian Church of the Rio de la Plata

Apostolic Lutheran Church of America
Association of Free Lutheran Congregations
Church of the Lutheran Brethren of America
Church of the Lutheran Confession
Concordia Lutheran Conference
Confessional Evangelical Lutheran Conference
Evangelical Lutheran Church "Concord" - Russia
Evangelical Lutheran Free Church (Germany) - Germany
Evangelical Lutheran Synod - United States
Lutheran Church of Central Africa Malawi Conference - Malawi
Lutheran Church of Central Africa Zambia Conference - Zambia
Ukrainian Lutheran Church - Ukraine
Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod - United States
Evangelical Catholic Church
Evangelical Community Church-Lutheran
Evangelical Lutheran Diocese of North America (ELDoNA)
International Lutheran Council
American Association of Lutheran Churches (AALC)
Evangelical Lutheran Church—Synod of France and Belgium
Evangelical Lutheran Church of Brazil
Evangelical Lutheran Church of England
Gutnius Lutheran Church
Independent Evangelical—Lutheran Church
Japan Lutheran Church
Lanka Lutheran Church
Lutheran Church - Canada

Lutheran Church—Hong Kong Synod
Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod
Lutheran Church of Australia (associate member)
Laestadian Lutheran Church
Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ - USA
Latvian Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
Lutheran Ministerium and Synod - USA
The Lutheran Evangelical Protestant Church (GCEPC) -USA
Lutheran World Federation
Church of Denmark (Evangelical Lutheran Church in Denmark)
National Church of Iceland (Evangelical Lutheran Church of Iceland)
Church of Norway (Evangelical Lutheran Church of Norway)
Church of Sweden
Estonian Evangelical Lutheran Church
Evangelical Church of the Augsburg Confession in Slovakia
Evangelical Lutheran Free Church of Norway (Associate member)
Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada
Evangelical Lutheran Church of Papua New Guinea
Evangelical Lutheran Church in Southern Africa
Evangelical Lutheran Church of Finland
Evangelical Lutheran Church of Latvia
Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania
Lutheran Church of Australia (associate member)

Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church
Bible Presbyterian Church
Christ Community Church
Church of Scotland
Confederation of Reformed Evangelical Churches
Cumberland Presbyterian Church
Evangelical Presbyterian Church
Evangelical Presbyterian Church in England and Wales
Evangelical Presbyterian Church (Australia)
Free Church of Scotland
Free Church of Scotland (Continuing)
Free Presbyterian Church of Scotland
Free Presbyterian Church of Ulster
Free Presbyterian Church (Australia)
Orthodox Presbyterian Church
Presbyterian Church in America
Presbyterian Church of Aotearoa New Zealand
Presbyterian Church of Australia
Presbyterian Church in Canada
Presbyterian Church of Eastern Australia
Presbyterian Church in Ireland
Presbyterian Church of Korea
Presbyterian Church in Taiwan
Presbyterian Church of Wales
Presbyterian Church (USA)
Presbyterian Reformed Church (Canada)
Presbyterian Reformed Church (Australia)
Reformed Church of France
Reformed Presbyterian Church of Australia
Reformed Presbyterian Church General Assembly
Reformed Presbyterian Church of North America
Southern Presbyterian Church (Australia)
Upper Cumberland Presbyterian Church
The United Church of Canada
United Free Church of Scotland
Westminster Presbyterian Church of Australia

Canadian and American Reformed Churches
Christian Reformed Church in North America
Christian Reformed Churches of Australia
Confederation of Reformed Evangelical Churches
Congregational Federation of Australia
Dutch Reformed Church
English Independents - Merged into various groups.
Federation of Swiss Protestant Churches
Fellowship of Congregational Churches (Australia)
Free Reformed Churches of North America
Heritage Reformed Congregations
Huguenots (virtually extinct as a modern and distinct group)
National Association of Congregational Christian Churches
Netherlands Reformed Congregations
Orthodox Christian Reformed Church
Protestant Reformed Churches in America
Reformed Church in America
Reformed Church in Hungary
Reformed Church in the United States
Remonstrant Brotherhood
United Church of Christ
United Congregational Church of Southern Africa
United Reformed Churches in North America

Anabaptists
Main article: Anabaptists
See also: Radical Reformation and Theology of Anabaptism
Abecedarians (extinct)
Amish
Beachy Amish
Nebraska Amish
Old Order Amish
Swartzendruber Amish
Apostolic Christian Church
Hutterites
Bruderhof Communities
Brethren in Christ
Mennonites
Alliance of Mennonite Evangelical Congregations
Chortitzer Mennonite Conference
Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (Holdeman Mennonites)
Conservative Mennonite Conference
Evangelical Mennonite Church
Evangelical Mennonite Conference

Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference
Evangelical Missionary Church
Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches (formerly Evangelical Mennonite Brethren)
Mennonite Brethren Churches
Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches
Japan Mennonite Brethren Conference
US Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches
Mennonite Church Canada
General Conference Mennonite Church (merged)
Mennonite Church in the Netherlands
Mennonite Church USA
General Conference Mennonite Church (merged)
Missionary Church
Old Order Mennonites
Swiss Mennonite Conference

Methodists
Main article: Methodism
African Methodist Episcopal Church
African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church
Christian Methodist Episcopal Church (Dallas, TX)
Congregational Methodist Church
Church of North India
Church of Pakistan
Church of South India
Church of the Nazarene
Evangelical Church
Evangelical Church of the Dominican Republic
Evangelical Methodist Church
The Evangelical Church (Spain)
First Congregational Methodist Church
The Free Methodist Church (North America)
Free Wesleyan Church (Tonga)
Fundamental Methodist Conference, Inc.
Methodist Church in Ireland
Methodist Church in Singapore
Methodist Church of Fiji and Rotuma
Methodist Church of Great Britain
Methodist Church of Malaysia
Methodist Church of New Zealand
Methodist Church of Southern Africa
Primitive Methodist Church
United Methodist Church
Uniting Church in Australia
The Wesleyan Church (Indianapolis, IN)
Wesleyan Reform Union

Pietists and Holiness Churches
Main articles: Pietism and Holiness movement
See also: Higher Life movement, Holiness Tabernacles, and Third Great Awakening
Bible Fellowship Church
Christian Baptist Church of God
Church of Christ (Holiness) USA.
Church of God (Anderson)
Church of God (Guthrie, Oklahoma)
Church of God (Holiness)
Church of God (Restoration)
Churches of God General Conference (Winebrenner)
Church of the Nazarene
Harmony Society
Missionary Church
United Christian Church
Wesleyan Church

Baptists
Main article: Baptists
See also: Baptist beliefs and List of Baptist Confessions
Note: All Baptist associations are congregationalist affiliations for the purpose of cooperation, in which each local church is governmentally independent.

Further information: List of Baptist sub-denominations
Alliance of Baptists
American Baptist Association
American Baptist Churches USA
Association of Baptist Churches in Ireland
Association of Grace Baptist Churches
Association of Reformed Baptist Churches of America
Association of Regular Baptist Churches
Baptist Bible Fellowship International
Baptist Conference of the Philippines
Baptist Convention of Ontario and Quebec
Baptist Convention of Western Cuba
Baptist General Conference (formally Swedish Baptist General Conference)
Baptist General Conference of Canada
Baptist General Convention of Texas
Baptist Missionary Association of America
Baptist Union of Australia
Baptist Union of Great Britain
Baptist Union of New Zealand
Baptist Union of Scotland
Baptist Union of Western Canada
Baptist World Alliance
Bible Baptist
Black Primitive Baptists
Canadian Baptist Ministries
Canadian Convention of Southern Baptists
Central Baptist Association
Central Canada Baptist Conference
Christian Unity Baptist Association
Conservative Baptist Association
Conservative Baptist Association of America
Continental Baptist Churches
Convención Nacional Bautista de Mexico
Convention of Atlantic Baptist Churches
Cooperative Baptist Fellowship
European Baptist Convention
European Baptist Federation
Evangelical Baptist Mission of South Haiti
Evangelical Free Baptist Church
Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches in Canada
Free Will Baptist Church
Fundamental Baptist Fellowship of America
General Association of Baptists
General Association of General Baptists
General Association of Regular Baptist Churches
General Conference of the Evangelical Baptist Church, Inc.
General Six-Principle Baptists
Grace Baptist Assembly
Independent Baptists
Independent Baptist Church of America
Independent Baptist Fellowship International
Independent Baptist Fellowship of North America
Interstate & Foreign Landmark Missionary Baptist Association
Landmark Baptist Church
Liberty Baptist Fellowship
Myanmar Baptist Convention
National Association of Free Will Baptists
National Baptist Convention of America, Inc.
National Baptist Convention, USA, Inc.
National Baptist Evangelical Life and Soul Saving Assembly of the USA.
National Missionary Baptist Convention of America
National Primitive Baptist Convention of the USA.
New England Evangelical Baptist Fellowship
New Testament Association of Independent Baptist Churches
Nigerian Baptist Convention
North American Baptist Conference
Norwegian Baptist Union
Old Baptist Union
Old Regular Baptists
Old Time Missionary Baptists
Primitive Baptists
Progressive Baptists
Progressive National Baptist Convention
Reformed Baptists
Regular Baptist Churches, General Association of
Regular Baptists
Separate Baptists
Separate Baptists in Christ
Seventh Day Baptists
Southeast Conservative Baptists
Southern Baptist Convention
Southern Baptists of Texas
Sovereign Grace Baptists
Strict Baptists
Two-Seed-in-the-Spirit Predestinarian Baptists
Union d'Églises baptistes françaises au Canada
United American Free Will Baptist Church
United American Free Will Baptist Conference
United Baptist Convention of the Atlantic Provinces
United Baptists
United Free Will Baptist
Unregistered Baptist Fellowship
World Baptist Alliance
World Baptist Fellowship

Spiritual Baptists
Note: The Spiritual Baptist Archdiocese of New York, Inc has congregationalist affiliations for the purpose of cooperation, in which each local church is governmentally independent.

The Spiritual Baptist Archdiocese of New York, Inc.

Brethren
Main article: Brethren
Church of the United Brethren in Christ
Plymouth Brethren
Open Brethren
Exclusive Brethren
Indian Brethren
Kerala Brethren
River Brethren
Brethren in Christ Church
Old Order River Brethren
United Zion Church
Schwarzenau Brethren
Church of the Brethren
Conservative Grace Brethren Churches, International
Dunkard Brethren
Ephrata Cloister
Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches
Old German Baptist Brethren
Old Order German Baptist Brethren
The Brethren Church (Ashland Brethren)
Social Brethren

Apostolic Churches - Irvingites
Catholic Apostolic Church
Restored Apostolic Mission Church
Old Apostolic Church
New Apostolic Church
United Apostolic Church

Pentecostalism
Main article: Pentecostalism
Apostolic Assemblies of Christ
Apostolic Faith Church
Apostolic Faith Mission of South Africa
Assemblies of God
Assembleias de Deus
Assemblies of God in New Zealand
Assemblies of God in the United Kingdom
Assemblies of God in Vietnam
Australian Christian Churches
General Council of the Assemblies of God of the United States
Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada
AFFCMI - Australian Fellowship of Faith Churches and Ministers Int.
Bible-Pattern Church Fellowship
Calvary Holiness Association
Charismatic Church of God
Communion of Evangelical Episcopal Churches
Christian City Churches
Christ Gospel Churches International
Christian Church of North America
Christian Congregation of Brazil
Christian Outreach Centre
Christian Revival Crusade
Church of God (Charleston, Tennessee)
Church of God (Chattanooga)
Church of God (Cleveland)
Church of God (Huntsville, Alabama)
The Church of God (Jerusalem Acres)
The Church of God for All Nations
Church of God by Faith
Church of God, House of Prayer
Church of God in Christ
Church of God Mountain Assembly
Church of God of Prophecy
Church of God of the Original Mountain Assembly
Church of God with Signs Following
Church of God of the Union Assembly
Church of the Little Children of Jesus Christ
Congregational Holiness Church
CRC Churches International
Destiny Church
Elim Fellowship
Elim Pentecostal Church
Fire Baptized Holiness Church of God of the Americas
Free Apostolic Church of Pentecost
God is Love Pentecostal Church
Holiness Baptist Association
House of Prayer Christian Church
India Pentecostal Church of God
Independent Assemblies of God, International
International Church of the Foursquare Gospel
International Pentecostal Church of Christ
International Pentecostal Holiness Church
New Life Churches
New Testament Christian Churches of America, Inc
Open Bible Standard Churches (association of autonomous churches)
Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada
Pentecostal Assemblies of the World
Pentecostal Church of God
Pentecostal Free Will Baptist Church
Pentecostal/Charismatic Churches of North America
Pentecostal World Conference
Potter's House Christian Fellowship
Redeemed Christian Church of God
Revival Centres International
The Church of God (Jerusalem Acres)
The Church of God for All Nations
The Fellowship (FGFCMI)
The Pentecostal Mission
The Revival Fellowship
United Gospel Tabernacles
United Holy Church of America
United Pentecostal Church International

Charismatics
Main article: Charismatic movement
See also: Catholic Charismatic Renewal
Calvary Chapel
Charismatic Church of God
Faith Christian Fellowship International
Full Gospel
Ministries Without Borders
Ministries of His Glory
Multiply Christian Network (Jesus Army)
New Frontiers
Sovereign Grace Ministries
The Vineyard
City Harvest Church

Neo-Charismatic Churches
Bible Christian Mission
Church Assembly Hall
New Birth Movement
New Life Fellowship
True Jesus Church
Destiny Church Groningen

African Initiated Churches
Main article: African Initiated Church
Apostles of Johane Marauke
Celestial Church of Christ
Church of the Lord (Aladura)
Kimbanguist Church
Zion Christian Church

United and uniting churches
Main article: United and uniting churches
China Christian Council
Church of Bangladesh
Church of Pakistan
Church of North India
Church of South India
Evangelical Church in Germany
International Council of Community Churches
Protestant Church in the Netherlands from 1 May 2004
Mar Thoma Church
St. Thomas Evangelical Church
United Church of Canada
United Church of Christ
United Church in Jamaica and the Cayman Islands
United Church in Papua New Guinea and the Solomon Islands
Uniting Church in Australia
United Reformed Church

Religious Society of Friends (Quakers)
Note: Although, historically speaking, the Religious Society of Friends can be listed as a Protestant denomination, this is sometimes contested and many Quakers today consider their faith to be a distinct, non-Protestant form of Christianity, with no compulsory beliefs or creeds. Some Quakers are "post-Christian" and some non-theists.

Religious Society of Friends (Quakers)
Evangelical Friends International
Friends General Conference
Friends United Meeting

Restorationism: Stone-Campbell Movement
Main article: Restorationism
See also: Restoration Movement and Second Great Awakening
Christian Church
Churches of Christ (Non-denominational)
Churches of Christ (non-institutional)
Churches of Christ in Australia
Disciples of Christ
International Churches of Christ (Boston Movement)

Southcottites
Christian Israelite Church
Church of the East and Abroad

Millerites and Comparable groups

Sabbath Keeping Churches, Adventist
Seventh-day Adventist Church
Seventh Day Adventist Reform Movement
Creation Seventh Day Adventist Church

Sabbath-Keeping Churches, Non-Adventist
Branch Davidians
Church of the Great God
General Conference of the Church of God (Seventh-Day)
Global Church of God
Philadelphia Church of God
Seventh Day Baptists
True Jesus Church
United Church of God
United Seventh-Day Brethren

Sunday Adventists
Church of God General Conference (Abrahamic Faith)
Church of the Blessed Hope (aka Church of God of the Abrahamic Faith)
Primitive Advent Christian Church

Sacred Name Groups
Assemblies of Yahweh
House of Yahweh
New Life Fellowship

Bible Student Groups
Christian Millennial Fellowship
Dawn Bible Students Association
Layman's Home Missionary Movement
Pastoral Bible Institute

Universal Life
Main article: Universal Life

Anglo-Israelism
British-Israel-World Federation
Christian Identity and other white separatist/supremacist groups
Church of Jesus Christ-Christian (Aryan Nations)
Kingdom Identity Ministries
LaPorte Church of Christ
The Covenant, The Sword, and the Arm of the Lord
Revival Centres International
The Revival Fellowship
Worldwide Church of God

Miscellaneous/Other
Associated Gospel Churches of Canada (AGC)
Canadian Evangelical Christian Churches
Children of God a.k.a. "The Family International", "Family of Love", "The Family"
Church of Christ, Instrumental (Kelleyites)
Christian Conventions (non-denominational) (aka Two by Twos, The Truth, The Way) and its offshoot Cooneyites
Christian & Missionary Alliance
Eternal Grace
Evangelical Covenant Church of America ("Swedish Evangelical Mission Covenant"wink
Evangelical Free Church of America (EFCA)
Evangelical Free Church of Canada (EFCC)
Fellowship of Fundamental Bible Churches
Grace Movement Churches
Great Commission Association
Shakers
Indian Shakers
Jesus Movement
Metropolitan Community Churches
Native American Church
New Frontiers (formerly New Frontiers International)
Salvation Army
Schwenkfelder Church
Society of the Excitatus

Latter Day Saints
Main articles: Latter Day Saint movement and Mormonism
Most Latter Day Saint denominations are derived from the Church of Christ established by Joseph Smith, Jr. in 1830. The majority of "Prairie Saint" denominations were established after the death of Smith by the remnants of the saints who did not go west with Brigham Young. The Rocky Mountain denominations are various sects who broke from the LDS Church after its abandonment of polygamy in 1890. Other denominations are defined by either a belief in Joseph Smith as a prophet, or acceptance of the Book of Mormon as scripture. Mormonism is generally considered distinct from mainstream Protestantism and is more akin to restorationism in believing that Smith restored the original Church of Christ to the Earth.

"Prairie Saint" denominations
Church of Christ (Temple Lot) (Hedrickites)
Church of Christ with the Elijah Message
Church of Jesus Christ (Bickertonite)
Church of Jesus Christ (Cutlerite)
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Strangite)
Community of Christ (largest "Prairie Saint" denomination)
Lion of God Ministry
Remnant Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Independent RLDS / Restoration Branches
Restoration Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Restored Church of Jesus Christ (Eugene O. Walton)

Rocky Mountains denominations
Apostolic United Brethren
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) - by far the largest Latter Day Saint denomination
Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Latter Day Church of Christ (Kingston Clan}
The True and Living Church of Jesus Christ of Saints of the Last Days
The United Latter-day Church of Jesus Christ

Other
Aaronic Order
Latter Day Church of Christ the Lamb
The Latter Day Church of Jesus Christ
Restoration Church of Jesus Christ

Nontrinitarian Groups
Main article: Nontrinitarianism
Groups with distinct theological doctrines, but received major impulse from the Restoration Movement.

American Unitarian Conference
The Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church (Arian Catholic)
Branhamism (Believers Church)
Christadelphians
Christian Science
Church of Christ, Scientist Christian Scientists
Church of Our Lord Jesus Christ of the Apostolic Faith
Church of the Blessed Hope (one of the groups otherwise known as Church of God of the Abrahamic Faith)
Doukhobors ("Spirit-Wrestlers"wink
Jehovah's Witnesses
Makuya
Most Holy Church of God in Christ Jesus
Members Church of God International
Molokans
Subbotniks
Geres
Unification Church
Unitarian Christian Association
The Way The Church of Yahweh in Christ Jesus

Oneness Pentecostalism
Main article: Oneness Pentecostalism
Apostolic Assembly of the Faith in Christ Jesus
Apostolic Brethren
Apostolic Overcoming Holy Church of God
Assemblies of the Lord Jesus Christ
Bible Way Church of Our Lord Jesus Christ
Church of Jesus Christ
Church of Our Lord Jesus Christ of the Apostolic Faith
House of Prayer Christian Church
Pentecostal Assemblies of the World
United Pentecostal Church International

Unitarianism and Universalism
Main articles: Unitarianism and Universalism
See also: Unitarian Universalism
American Unitarian Conference (USA)
International Council of Unitarians and Universalists
Australia and New Zealand Unitarian Association (ANZUA)
Canadian Unitarian Council
Deutsche Unitarier Religionsgemeinschaft, Germany
European Unitarian Universalists
General Assembly of Unitarian and Free Christian Churches, United Kingdom & Ireland

Unitarian Universalist Association
Unitarian Universalist Society of Spain
Unitarisk Kirkesamfund, Denmark
Socinianism (extinct as a modern and distinct group)
Polish Brethren

Messianic Judaism
Main article: Messianic Judaism
See also: Messianic Movement and Messianic Jewish theology
Chosen People Ministries
Jews for Jesus
Messianic Bureau International (MBI)
Messianic Jewish Alliance of America (MJAA), founded in 1915, is the largest association of Messianic Jews in the world
Union of Messianic Jewish Congregations (UMJC)

Spiritualism
Main article: Spiritualism (religious movement)

Swedenborgianism
Main article: Swedenborgianism
See also: The New Church
General Church of the New Jerusalem
Swedenborgian Church of North America formerly General Convention of the New Jerusalem (USA)

Spiritism
Main article: Spiritism
See also: History of Spiritism, Spiritist centre, Spiritist doctrine, and Spiritist practice

New Thought
Main article: New Thought
Divine Science
Religious Science (Science of Mind)
Unity Church

Christian Science
Main article: Christian Science
See also: Third Great Awakening
Church of Christ, Scientist

New religious movements
Main article: New religious movements
See also: List of new religious movements
Ethnic or syncretic religions incorporating elements of Christianity.

Rastafari
Main articles: Rastafari movement and Mansions of Rastafari
The Rastafari are influenced by the Ethiopian movement and the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church.

Bobo Ashanti
Twelve Tribes of Israel
Niyabinghi
New Age movements
Main articles: Neo-Theosophy and New Age
Arcane School
Ascended Master Teachings
Church Universal and Triumphant
"I AM" Activity
Shangra-la Mission
Share International
The Bridge to Freedom
The Summit Lighthouse
The Temple of The Presence
Religions associated with the Yoruba
Main articles: Yoruba people and Yoruba religion
By country
Anago (Nigeria)
Batuque (Brazil)
Candomblé (Brazil)
Lukumí / Santería (Cuba and Puerto Rico)
Obeah (Jamaica and West Indies)
Oyotunji (USA)
Umbanda (Brazil)
Vodou (Vodun) (Haiti) (Note that the term "Voodoo" is not accurate to describe this religion and is not used in Haiti. "Voodoo" is used to describe an Afro-Creole tradition of New Orleans, Louisiana in the United States.)
Worldwide
Santo Daime

Main articles: Esoteric Christianity and Western Mystery Tradition
See also: Johannine literature and Lazarus
Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry
Anthroposophical Society of Rudolf Steiner
Archeosophical Society of Tommaso Palamidessi
Lectorium Rosicrucianum of Jan van Rijckenborgh/Catharose de Petri
Martinism of Louis Claude de Saint-Martin et al
Societas Rosicruciana by Masons
Theosophical Society, with Annie Besant et al
The Rosicrucian Fellowship of Max Heindel
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by cgift(m): 7:57pm On Apr 21, 2008
imhotep,

you made my day with very deep laughter in the office. O nearly cracked my ribs. That your list no reach 33,000 now. e remain 10,000 na only 20,000 you put grin grin grin

Imhotep, that number is stuck in my head 33,000 grin grin grin
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by Nobody: 8:02pm On Apr 21, 2008
cgift:

imhotep,

you made my day with very deep laughter in the office. O nearly cracked my ribs. That your list no reach 33,000 now. e remain 10,000 na only 20,000 you put grin grin grin

Imhotep, that number is stuck in my head 33,000 grin grin grin
@cgift
Nice to know that I made you laugh.  grin grin

Now, please, go and reconcile these sects. There is a famous chinese saying ->
"Lord, reform your world, starting with me"

I suggest you start by reconciling these sects with this =>

John 17:20-21

20 "I pray not only for them, but also for those who will believe in me through their word,

21 so that they may all be one, as you, Father, are in me and I in you, that they also may be in us, that the world may believe that you sent me.
Re: Pope Is 'Deeply Ashamed' Of Pedophile Priests by cgift(m): 8:20pm On Apr 21, 2008
~Lady~:

No I have not. I don't loose sleep, especially over someone hateful. I let God deal with it. Besides I don't know you or 4Him. I just marvel at such ignorance.

Again, i'm not hateful. Its just that i am not being economical with my position and that now sounds hateful right? Pardon me.

~Lady~:

TRUTH according to whom, me or you? You forget that the Muuuuslims believe they hold the truth. Should their truth then be considered truth? Seriously man, get off your high horse.

Well, the last time i checked, the truth was not in the Vatican. It has never been there even let alone saying it has left.

~Lady~:

I want you to actually hold a discussion without your personal motives. I also want you to open your eyes and stop being hypocritical. I also want you to do your research before you speak. I also want you to stop judging. I also want you to stop thinking of yourself as holder of the truth, because you don't hold it.

Ok. No personnal motives. No reason to have such at all. I have no one in Catholic church or something. They have done me no wrong personally, so no hidden motives other than for me to state my position and analyze objectively.

~Lady~:

Other than you engaging in a discussion like a sane person, I want nothing from you.

ntakiri ntakiri (small small) biko. Dont get abusive. I see no reason why you should start abusing personalities on the forum. smiley Be gentle like a gentle[b]~lady~[/b]

~Lady~:

I have looked up the book and I will finish reading it, so far, nothing you mentioned is true.

For your courage to get the book, i must commend you. I do hope you have the full copy and not edited for the laity only? grin. If you do find those words therein, what would you do? Just wondering?

~Lady~:

No one dubbed you holder of the truth. You are human and are highly flawed. Why should I believe you?
You have proven yourself a hypocrite, why should I believe you?
Me? When? How? Moreover, please dont believe me. Check the facts out yourself. Why should you believe me. Thank god you have the book like you claimed. Its good when people search things for themselves. Some however, even after discovering those hitherto hiddne facts, still prefer to remian in their vomits. You understand what I mean?

~Lady~:

You have labeled yourself as judge and are therefore playing God, why should I even engage in a discussion with you who challenge God's position?

Dont read into my mouth what i have not said. if you want to go biblical, its God that said the righteous judges all things. Not to digress, i am not judging. Its like saying that participants in a debate arer judging themselves. I see this whole thing as a debate where we seek to establish the correct position right? Are ewe in the same game then? You might have better proofs than i do and make me surrender. I am open. It could go either way. Can you see that i am sane at least? wink

~Lady~:

You have been countered MANY times, but still hold yourself as God and holder of the truth. Now who is blind?
No you're not fighting me but you are fighting with God's anointed.

I am sure as we progress in the discussion, certain opinions you have held till this time will start changing.

~Lady~:

Ofcourse your conspiracy theories. Why should I engage in a discussion with you again? When you cannot provide simple proof of Catholics Worshipping Mary? Or Praying in Mary's name? Or worshipping a saint?
Well, i cant remember engaging you in any discussion on the above so far. I just met you recently dear catholic rose. wink I can hoever establish the fact that your popes believe and have professed it openly that mary is your saviour. Is she not the glory of the people of Israel as you have in the , what is that thing called sef?

~Lady~:

When have you done so, and when did we run? Don't lie dear, it's a sin. You wouldn't want to be called a sinner since you're palying God now would you?
Don't forget that the same ten commandments in your Bible are in ours. If you don't agree with ours, then chuck yours.

Moving closer to the furnace.

~Lady~:

No one has a hard time. I have debunked the claims by many Protestants. I have been unbiased and laid EVERYTHING out. I stuck to my promise, you have not.
I have answered every question, but protestants have either dodged me or twisted my words. I have noticed something, and yes it seems to be a trend. When I debunk something from a protestant, he moves on to the next Catholic and ignores my posts and flat out refuses to answer my questions. I have kept my promise and I tirelessly defend my faith. It has been proven to you.

Dont worry. I wont ignore your posts neither can i twist your words.

~Lady~:

But o how I wish this forum was not monitored and posts were not deleted at will (and yes I said at will).

I wish so too.

~Lady~:

Cgift, if I start with you, you WILL run, that is a promise.
Lets dance. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8)

Who Are Your Favourite Bible Characters? / The Deep Significance Of The Midnight Hour / The Day Yahweh Disowned God Almighty His Creator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 221
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.