Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,027 members, 7,825,237 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Why Will Smith Turned Down The Role Of Django In The Movie "Django Unchained" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Will Smith Turned Down The Role Of Django In The Movie "Django Unchained" (1357 Views)

Actress Turned Evangelist Eucharia Anunobi And Her Big Bible Take A Photo / Photos From Actress Ebube Nwagbo's Accra Wedding In The Movie "Annivervary" / Maheeda, Ex-Prostitute Turned Gospel Singer (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Will Smith Turned Down The Role Of Django In The Movie "Django Unchained" by modextus(m): 8:20am On May 02, 2013
When Quentin Tarantino’s western revenge-fantasy Django
Unchained was first announced, casting rumors pegged Will Smith as the titular slave-turned-vigilante. But Smith, who teams with his son Jaden in this summer’s sci-fi epic After Earth, tells EW that he turned down the part because his character would’ve been second fiddle to the bounty hunter (played by Christoph Waltz) who teaches Django his trade . “Django wasn’t the lead, so it was like, I need to be the lead. The other character was the lead!” says the Men in Black star, whose departure opened the door for Jamie Foxx to play the role. Smith says that before he left the project, he even pleaded with Tarantino to let Django have a more central role in the story. “I was like, ‘No, Quentin, please, I need to kill the bad guy!’” (Ironically, Waltz was considered a supporting actor during his Oscar-winning award season, while Jamie Foxx was promoted as the movie’s lead.) But no hard feelings: Smith was a big fan of the final product. “I thought it was brilliant,” he says. “Just not for me.”

Re: Why Will Smith Turned Down The Role Of Django In The Movie "Django Unchained" by Nobody: 8:24am On May 02, 2013
whos he? Im a beta actor than him
Re: Why Will Smith Turned Down The Role Of Django In The Movie "Django Unchained" by braine(m): 8:27am On May 02, 2013
Jamie did good; Will Smith wouldn't have done better.
Re: Why Will Smith Turned Down The Role Of Django In The Movie "Django Unchained" by idupaul: 9:49am On May 02, 2013
That role was made from heaven for J fox and not Will Smith

3 Likes

Re: Why Will Smith Turned Down The Role Of Django In The Movie "Django Unchained" by ohisola(f): 2:43pm On May 02, 2013
Can't imagin Will doin as good as Jamie in dat movie. And wats d stupid excuse abt it nt being d lead role, d film itself was titled after d Django, so wats he saying.

Btw, who cares y he refused it, he shld explain dat 2 his son #POKO#
Re: Why Will Smith Turned Down The Role Of Django In The Movie "Django Unchained" by officialmsright(f): 6:01pm On May 02, 2013
Yungwizzzy: whos he? Im a beta actor than him
no youre not undecided his name is will smith
Re: Why Will Smith Turned Down The Role Of Django In The Movie "Django Unchained" by Nobody: 7:34am On May 03, 2013
Jamie did great I must say. Will Smith would have done great too, but I think a darker skinned man fits the role more. Just saying.
Re: Why Will Smith Turned Down The Role Of Django In The Movie "Django Unchained" by Gudiza(m): 1:03pm On May 03, 2013
^^^^ Jamie did great no doubt and Will might've been a bit more sensational. But for the one who played the role greatest - I give to Samuel L. Jackson.

Will or no Will.

(1) (Reply)

Chris Brown Is Fully Back In The Arms Of His Ex-girlfriend "Karrueche Tran" / SEX SCANDAL: Bill Clinton And Monica Lewinsky's "Sex Tape"finally Released / Disney star's Death Linked To Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.