Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,903 members, 7,821,143 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time (14118 Views)

Which Nigerian Stocks Have You Bought Or Sold? / Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? / Websites for Portfolio Tracking & Monitoring of Nigerian Stocks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time by ihedioramma: 10:02am On May 02, 2013
WHAT IS THE STOCK THAT MAKE YOU HAPPY ALL THE TIME WITH DIVIDEND AND BONUS?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time by jposuagwu: 10:45am On May 02, 2013
It is GTB. It has increased in value over time. Each time I remember GTBANK, I forgive the Nigerian Stock Exchange - though reluctantly.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time by Nobody: 2:34am On May 04, 2013
Access bank is a stock to own. It is well managed by a politically connected management team. It has recovered from the crash if you factor in stock splits, dividends. Access is received shareholder approval to distribute Wapic Insurance stock to shareholders as a spin off thereby adding more value.
Re: Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time by ihedioramma: 6:11am On May 04, 2013
omonuan: Access bank is a stock to own. It is well managed by a politically connected management team. It has recovered from the crash if you factor in stock splits, dividends. Access is received shareholder approval to distribute Wapic Insurance stock to shareholders as a spin off thereby adding more value.
GOOD. AND WHAT IS THE NAME OF BANKING STOCKS YOU WILL NOT BUY NOW AND WHY?
Re: Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time by chinnyonwu(m): 11:29am On May 04, 2013
As for me its StockFish

38 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time by ihedioramma: 11:39am On May 04, 2013
chinnyonwu: As for me its StockFish
GOOD AND GO FOR IT grin
Re: Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time by Elai147: 11:50am On May 04, 2013
Zenith All The Way! I bought Zenith shares during the ipo before the crash but now I have more than 85% appreciation in bonus shares. The dividends they've paid so far have been wonderful. Access Bank shares is another one that makes me happy each time I look at my portfolio.
Re: Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time by Elai147: 11:56am On May 04, 2013
omonuan: Access bank is a stock to own. It is well managed by a politically connected management team. It has recovered from the crash if you factor in stock splits, dividends. Access is received shareholder approval to distribute Wapic Insurance stock to shareholders as a spin off hereby adding more value.

Please what do you mean by Access bank to distribute Wapic shares to shareholders? Can you please explain better as I have both stocks and would like to know what is going on.
Re: Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 04, 2013
Elai147:

Please what do you mean by Access bank to distribute Wapic shares to shareholders? Can you please explain better as I have both stocks and would like to know what is going on.

Wapic became a subsidiary of Access bank after acquisition of Intercontinental Bank. CBN has asked banks to divest from the non banking businesses, therefore Access Bank share holders are supposed to be given shares of Wapic Insurance. I read some where that for every share of Access, you'll get two WAPIC but this is not confirmed. I just know Access share holders are going to be given Wapic Shares.

http://businessdaynigeria.com/access-bank-gets-shareholders-nod-distribute-equity-stake-insurance-subsidiary

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time by Nobody: 3:17pm On May 04, 2013
ihedioramma: GOOD. AND WHAT IS THE NAME OF BANKING STOCKS YOU WILL NOT BUY NOW AND WHY?

I will not buy Daar Communications, ABC transport and Insurance company stocks. DAAR and ABC are glorified 1 man businesses-they are basically sole proprietors! For Insurance companies, Nigerians don't really have faith in them.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time by ZUBY77(m): 6:16pm On May 04, 2013
I tried stock business once.
Everything was done while i was in Germany. When i came back, my 1.5million naira was reduced to 400k.
They said transcorp was the cause.

Since then, i invested on a small business that makes about 5k daily. Then i started usng my money for myself.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 04, 2013
I do not live in Nigeria nor invest in Nigerian stock but most foreign institutional investors invest mainly in GTBank and Nigerian Breweries. Foreign investors own 80% of stocks on the NSE. The two most popular for these foreign investors are GTbank and NBL. Obviously these stocks are liquid and have a huge market capitalisation so may be that is why they are quite popular.
Re: Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time by KingsleyOGBITI(m): 6:27pm On May 04, 2013
The stock that makes you smile anytime is Nestle

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time by ajbest(f): 6:33pm On May 04, 2013
pls i need help 4rm those who are familiar with these issues been discussed.

i lost ma mum last year, she got shares with first bank in 2007,as d next of kin, dnt no how 2go abt it. can .sm1 help? thanx

all i got 4rm her file is just a photocopy of the share's form.
Re: Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time by suxes2005(m): 6:37pm On May 04, 2013
Guess its high tym someone with vast knowledge
Educate us abt 9ja stock. As for me, I'm yet to
Like any of em. If I'm forced though, gtb and nbc
Will be ma top choicesm

SHALOM
Re: Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time by Krasid(m): 6:41pm On May 04, 2013
i cannot categorically tell you the stock that makes me happy all the time.all i can tell you is that i won't be cheated again.that's all.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time by Enegod(m): 6:47pm On May 04, 2013
chinnyonwu: As for me its StockFish
on point!
Re: Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time by superior1: 6:52pm On May 04, 2013
My GTBANK SHARES HAS OVERPAID ME MY INVESTMENT

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time by Ekans: 6:59pm On May 04, 2013
Nestle shares.They pay the highest dividend in nigeria and their worth keeps appreciating.
Re: Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 04, 2013
As much as I am afraid to step into the water of stocks, if I have some excess funds floating around, I'd go for any of these: Zenith, GTBank, NBC, Flour Mills, Oando, Guiness, and Nestle. But the most important factors to consider are: 1. What is the entry price. Can you afford it? 2. What are your target profit? I never recommend duration...3. Is the company at its peak price? If the company is, you better not bother as you wont be making any tangible profit, and could lose money. Stocks are over-rated in Nigeria, but a wonderful investment in countries where there is trust and sensitization. I wonder why we dont have MBS in Nigeria yet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 04, 2013
Fcmb the best for me now
Re: Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 04, 2013
Skybancs: Fcmb the best for me now

I skipped FCMB. One of the best I agree.
Re: Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time by vanstanzy(m): 7:31pm On May 04, 2013
First bank stocks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:32pm On May 04, 2013
GTBank & Nestle.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time by goodnice: 7:33pm On May 04, 2013
I want to sell my Stocks pls I need a good stock-broker.. Can any body help plssssss?
Re: Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time by vanstanzy(m): 7:33pm On May 04, 2013
I missed out on buying UPDC shares, now am regreting it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ghwx Crashes........ Again!! Their dirty trick exposed!!!! / OANDO PLC Stock Price Is At 3 Year High - Time To BUY? / Gov Obaseki Welcome Shoprite To Benin City Check Were Is Located Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.