Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,593 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time - Investment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time (14114 Views)

Which Nigerian Stocks Have You Bought Or Sold? / Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? / Websites for Portfolio Tracking & Monitoring of Nigerian Stocks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time by nembenama: 9:10am On May 05, 2013
ajbest: pls i need help 4rm those who are familiar with these issues been discussed.

i lost ma mum last year, she got shares with first bank in 2007,as d next of kin, dnt no how 2go abt it. can .sm1 help? thanx

all i got 4rm her file is just a photocopy of the share's form.
Re: Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time by esere826: 9:11am On May 05, 2013
sixteen08:

Give me some examples of those school of thought.

Its more in the academic domain, and documentaries, so I found it hard to find publicly available information. But the British queen had been hinted on this theory, and that is why she was surprised when the bust happened
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/jul/26/monarchy-credit-crunch

Information assymetry is a bye product of capitalist economy, without it, profit maximisation, outrageous profits,price taking,boom and burst,fraud etc wouldn't occur. Various economic theories and models have attempted to tackle this but am yet to find one that has successfully solved the problem.
at least they tried

The structural weakness of the stock exchange need not be your grouse for now my brother because there is nothing like a perfect stock exchange (I am not in support neither am I tryin to say a weak stock exchange is good). In as much as it exists in a perfectly competitive market there will always be free entry and free exit,price takers etc the best you can do for yourself is to try as much as possible to understand the indepth workings and intricacies of the stock market and you'll be home and dry.

I would buy stocks now no doubt, and even advice my friends to, as it is poorly priced
but for ethical reasons, I wont push or advice the public to buy stock.
Because if they trust in me and start buying thereby raising the value of shares, you and I will do some quick profit taking.
So they end up bruised again
(maybe my worries is that the whole FP thing for stocks might be an halfbaked agenda)

Concerning the fundamentals,stock exchange market is primarily for the trading of stock/shares/equities. it is a financial market and as such is susceptible boom and burst,sharp practises,insider dealing,fraud,scam etc like every other market, all you got to do is shine your eyes shebi we see wetin lehman brothers do,wetin happen to merill lynch and d rest .....no forget say na seemingly structurally perfect stock market dem be oooo .so no forget life is a risk so is evryone n everything in it the best you could do is to mitigate against such risk.

God bless U

But lehman brothers anhilation was not as a result of fraud, it was caused by risk taking
Meryll Lynch was a fall out of the domino effect and thus acquired by BoA
The structural defect that led to the recession is well documenet and traced to the subprime market.The governments have tried hard to plug the gaps

Madoff's ponzi scheme was the very conspicouos fraud that unraveled during the recession
Madoff is going to die in jail and serve as a lesson to others. This makes others think twice
and restores market confidence

in Nigeria, some people are actually with our money after the crash
Though they acquired it through fraud, they're cruising free around the world with it
Re: Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time by nembenama: 9:14am On May 05, 2013
I suggest u get a legal practitioner or if u can't afford one,just go to a high court within the jurisdiction of ur mum's residence n apply 4 letters of administration ,if she died intestate and when granted the letters,use it to access both the security registrars or her stock brokers and her bank.
Re: Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time by sixteen08(m): 9:27am On May 05, 2013
esere826:

Madoff's ponzi scheme was the very conspicouos fraud that unraveled during the recession
Madoff is going to die in jail and serve as a lesson to others. This makes others think twice
and restores market confidence

in Nigeria, some people are actually with our money after the crash
Though they acquired it through fraud, they're cruising free around the world with it

Thanks for the link

Madoff na bad guy cheesy grin

I seriously hope dey all land in jail....anyhow we still dey inside market.
Re: Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time by Godson201333(m): 9:40am On May 05, 2013
FBNH,WAPCO AND GTB BANK ALL THE WAY..
Re: Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time by ACM10: 12:16pm On May 05, 2013
If you don't have shares in GUINNESS, then you haven't started
Re: Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time by slyk2(m): 1:21pm On May 05, 2013
A regular salary earner and a biz person who can invest just 5k in some selected stocks monthly for about 10yrs can retire a financially independent person.

A client of mine when she was in her 3rd year lost her dad. On going through his documents, she came across a FIRST BANK certificates bearing her name and lots of unclaimed dividends.
The long story short, the stock was bought for her few weeks after her birth and she was 23yrs old when she took control of it.

23yrs ago, her late dad bought 100,000 units of FBN as birthday gift, said her mother. In 2009 she has more than 1,000,000 units of same stock due to bonuses and above 400k worth of unclaimed dividend.

If FBN gives 50 kobo yearly dividend, i think she will be better off than many people.
Think twice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time by TOLKEN: 1:46pm On May 05, 2013
I smile Whenever I look at OKUMU OIL PLC

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time by ihedioramma: 8:37pm On May 05, 2013
TOLKEN: I smile Whenever I look at OKUMU OIL PLC
OK NOW .
Re: Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time by alexvatt(m): 9:07pm On May 05, 2013
Go to stanwal securities limited, 7th floor mandilas house, marina lagos
Re: Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time by Benjacky: 7:42am On May 06, 2013
GTB ALL THE WAY.
Re: Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time by farmer99: 1:48pm On May 06, 2013
Elai147: Zenith All The Way! I bought Zenith shares during the ipo before the crash but now I have more than 85% appreciation in bonus shares. The dividends they've paid so far have been wonderful. Access Bank shares is another one that makes me happy each time I look at my portfolio.
i have share with zenith but not been getting any reward, pls ao do i go about it.
Re: Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time by Elai147: 3:32pm On May 06, 2013
farmer99: i have share with zenith but not been getting any reward, pls ao do i go about it.

Contact Zenith Registrars and tell them you would like to know if you have pending/ unclaimed dividends as well as unclaimed bonus shares. They will immediately tell you if you have any. I am sure you have some unclaimed dividend with them. You should also request for E-dividend mandate form from the registrars and subscribe to E-dividend.

ZENITH REGISTRARS
Tel.. 012708930
Email... zenithregistrars@zenithbank.com
Office.. 89A Ajose Adeogun, Victoria Island, Lagos
Re: Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time by ajbest(f): 6:53pm On May 13, 2013
scribble:

first of all you have to dematerialize the share certificate. You also need proof that you;re the next of kin and may need approval from her will. if u're interested I can help you out. send a message.

thanks, just sent u a mail, sorry dis is coming now. hope u can still help cos i dnt really understand anything pertaining shares. waiting for further information.
Re: Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time by ihedioramma: 5:22pm On Dec 26, 2016
What of 2016?
Re: Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time by obilokechukwu(m): 10:57pm On Oct 11, 2021
let me show you how to stock successfully, follows me up on this trend, i show all secret how to trade stock. below are some of stock i bought . #cvx just given me $3

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ghwx Crashes........ Again!! Their dirty trick exposed!!!! / Gov Obaseki Welcome Shoprite To Benin City Check Were Is Located Out / OANDO PLC Stock Price Is At 3 Year High - Time To BUY?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.