Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Pls Help.. What's Wrong With This My Cake Recipe??.. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Pls Help.. What's Wrong With This My Cake Recipe??.. (2390 Views)

HELP!!!! My Cake Always Has A Smokey Smell / Fruit Cake Recipe / Pls How Can I Make My Cake More Soft/fluffy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help.. What's Wrong With This My Cake Recipe??.. by geekybabe(f): 2:33pm On May 02, 2013
I wanted to make a very fluffy chocolate cake so I checked out recipes online. I did it and d cake rose so much and later fell over d pan and inwards making d oven messy. In d end it used over an hour in d oven before it was done. D ish is d cake fell and hence reducing d size

Here is my recipe:
2cups flour
2cups sugar
3tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
125g cocoa powder
250g butter
5 eggs
1 cup of milk
1/4 cinnamon powder
I mixed d dry ingredients, beat butter and sugar till fluffy, added d eggs one at a time b4 adding d dry ingredients.

Then I added d milk and put in d pans and baked at a heat of 250 degrees.
What went wrong?
Re: Pls Help.. What's Wrong With This My Cake Recipe??.. by Meddler(f): 3:34pm On May 02, 2013
I would say that the eggs coupled with the 3tsp baking powder appears too much. If I'm not mistaken, egg adds volume. So if u r using that much eggs I would suggest u reduce the baking powder to 1/2 tsp and maybe add 1/2 tsp baking soda.

That's my opinion let's see what others have to say.
Re: Pls Help.. What's Wrong With This My Cake Recipe??.. by ibizgirl(f): 9:53pm On May 02, 2013
If your batter spills over your baking pan, you have simply used a baking pan that was too small. And like @ meddler said for chocolate cakes you need to add bicarbonate of soda, so do what she advised and use a bigger pan size.
I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help.. What's Wrong With This My Cake Recipe??.. by bakeuhappy: 3:59pm On May 03, 2013
The pan was too small for ur batter
Re: Pls Help.. What's Wrong With This My Cake Recipe??.. by olatunjin(m): 8:57pm On May 04, 2013
They have said it all,what i can point out from your comment is that the pan you used to bake is too small and point no 2 is that may be you are opening the oven from time to time which is not suppose to be y baking
Re: Pls Help.. What's Wrong With This My Cake Recipe??.. by toyemz(f): 1:08am On May 07, 2013
I think the baking powder used was too much

and just out of curiosity how sweet was the cake?
Re: Pls Help.. What's Wrong With This My Cake Recipe??.. by degurl(f): 12:28pm On May 07, 2013
Avoid opening the oven unnecessarily when baking cakes. Leave to bake for at least 30min before opening the oven except for cupcakes. Frequent opening causes cakes to drop.
Re: Pls Help.. What's Wrong With This My Cake Recipe??.. by ibizgirl(f): 1:22pm On May 10, 2013
check out www.auntysazzy..com for baking tips and tricks.
Re: Pls Help.. What's Wrong With This My Cake Recipe??.. by omogemi: 11:27am On Jun 11, 2013
geeky_babe: I wanted to make a very fluffy chocolate cake so I checked out recipes online. I did it and d cake rose so much and later fell over d pan and inwards making d oven messy. In d end it used over an hour in d oven before it was done. D ish is d cake fell and hence reducing d size

Here is my recipe:
2cups flour
2cups sugar
3tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
125g cocoa powder
250g butter
5 eggs
1 cup of milk
1/4 cinnamon powder
I mixed d dry ingredients, beat butter and sugar till fluffy, added d eggs one at a time b4 adding d dry ingredients.

Then I added d milk and put in d pans and baked at a heat of 250 degrees.
What went wrong?

to me there is smth quite wrong here. let me study it and gt back to u.

(1) (Reply)

Does Anyone Know How To Make The Hausa Balewa Sweet Please? / Simple Tomato-less Stew: How To Make Stew Without Tomatoes / You Can Make Kulikuki In The Comfort Of Your Home Watch The Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.