Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,680 members, 7,823,919 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Marriage: Custom Made Or Factory Build: Which Are You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage: Custom Made Or Factory Build: Which Are You? (852 Views)

Poll: Which is your approach to marriage?

Custom Made (e go better): 0% (0 votes)
Factory Build (i don land!): 100% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Rhinestone Transfer Wholesale Custom Designs Sparkle You Valentine's Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage: Custom Made Or Factory Build: Which Are You? by WebMonk(m): 10:56pm On Apr 15, 2008
Note to moderator: If there was a prior topic similar, please do as you wish and point others to them thnx

Marriage: Custom Made or Factory Build?

A friend and i were in a very heated agruement one jobless saturday about marriage.

HIS Take:
A marriage is best formed if the couple built it together

Translation: He believes that the they should be involved when they're still in the process of establishing themselves (well mostly financially). By going through tough experiences that would deepen and strengthen their bond, they would have a relationship more real than any "fairy tale", hence what i call "Custom Made".

MY Take(well, until someone convinces me otherwise):

A marriage is best formed when the couple prior to a relationship (or at least one of them) has established his/her self in terms of money, status, career,etc (damn it, i've 'arrived'!). This would create a proper environment for the upkeep of the children. Although issues such as whether the "lesser" of the 2 is viewed as a trophy or that the children will be spoilt is another topic entirely and is not in discussion.

But, given the outrageously flimsy reasons people break up (from studying abroad to simply meeting someone else), my question is thus:

Would you prefer to pursue a relationship, even if you're well on your way (but not completly) to having the means to handle a marriage? (You're - Custom Made)

OR

Would you prefer to "establish" yourself (i don land o!) before you look for your missing rib (even if that rib might be a gold digger) (You're Factory Made)

Please note that both cases have all other necessary aspects for a good relationship (character, love, understanding, blah blah)

Your comments are truly welcome. if i missed anything in my analysis, please be kind to let me know in a mature manner. i'm young and thus i have time to adjust  grin
Re: Marriage: Custom Made Or Factory Build: Which Are You? by Teejay07(m): 3:35am On Apr 16, 2008
@ poster,

marriage is more fun when both parties grow up together. Thus, I support your friend's theory on 'Custom Made'. The bond of marriage is strengthened by the various experiences the partners go through together. At that stage they are able to get to know each other the more and bond together at a deeper level than they would have if one party had been so successful and probably set in his/ her ways - your theory on 'Factory Made'.

There is the tendency to believe that one party married the other for pecuniary interest(s), and not love, most times when one party is rich / famous or both rich and famous.

However, it does happen that the man/ woman might have been married before and is no longer so - for one reason or the other. At such times, then you can have a situation where one of the parties is rich/ famous and the other still on the way to making it.

Now, i believe, for first marriages it is better to have Custom Made ones. And, for remarriages it often could be Factory Made.
Re: Marriage: Custom Made Or Factory Build: Which Are You? by iice(f): 5:08pm On Apr 18, 2008
Either way works depending on the individuals involved. . .
I am Custom-made. . .
Re: Marriage: Custom Made Or Factory Build: Which Are You? by jockybabe(f): 6:44pm On Apr 18, 2008
either of the two works,but i prefer custom made,its more interesting,from  my parents experience and lots more.

(1) (Reply)

I Can Even Marry A Prostitute / Please Install Love / What's That Special Day In Your Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.