Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria (22095 Views)

Breaking News: Kogi State Is Under Attack Right Now. DSS Office Under Siege! / Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 / Which State Is The Most Educated In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by daylae(m): 1:35pm On Jun 03, 2013
I mean,accomodating in every sphere of involvements,be it political,economic,and socio-cultural participation of non-indigenes?
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 1:36pm On Jun 03, 2013
Considering all the variables you have listed, i'll have to say ABUJA. But is Abuja a state? If Abuja is not inclusive then Lagos takes the cake.

3 Likes

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by daylae(m): 1:42pm On Jun 03, 2013
Afam4eva: Considering all the variables you have listed, i'll have to say ABUJA. But is Abuja a state? If Abuja is not inclusive then Lagos takes the cake.
just as i thought. . . But someone was trying to deny this,saying edo state instead. Probably because he did his service there.
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 03, 2013
Lagos is the most accomodating state.

Yorubas are the most accomodating ethnic group.

South west is the most accomodating region.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

123 Likes

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Ngwakwe: 2:05pm On Jun 03, 2013
If Abuja is not a State in this context, then Lagos is also ruled out from the list.

Both are Federal Capitals ( For Administration and Business purposes respectively).The pride of both cities are our common patrimony hence the original inhabitants are not more than 30% max. Embassies and Multi-nationals are located in both cities for our national interest.

Abia State carrys the first if my opinion counts.

Afam4eva: Considering all the variables you have listed, i'll have to say ABUJA. But is Abuja a state? If Abuja is not inclusive then Lagos takes the cake.

3 Likes

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 2:07pm On Jun 03, 2013
Ngwakwe: If Abuja is not a State in this context, then Lagos is also ruled out from the list.

Both are Federal Capitals ( For Administration and Business purposes respectively).The pride of both cities are our common patrimony hence the original inhabitants are not more than 30% max. Embassies and Multi-nationals are located in both cities for our national interest.

Abuja may not be classified because it's not among the 36 states of Nigeria. lagos is.

And pls how is Abia accomodating? is it the same Abia that drove non indegenes from their civil service. Pls let's be truthful in whatever we do and stop being sentimental.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 2:08pm On Jun 03, 2013
Abuja and Portharcourt..

Definitely not ALL PLACES IN Lagos..

I called a friend in Ijanikin, only to hear, the community people are busy with their yearly festival and that no one (non indegene) is allowed to walk on the streets until after 1 week! And all schools, churches, shops are also not permitted to open.. smh! As if that wasn't enough...these community & ancestral tyrants also needs the heads of 10 non-indegenes strangers to sacrifice to their gods.

All these indegenous ancestral garbages are nowhere to be found in my aforementioned accomodating cities.

7 Likes

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by geeez: 2:09pm On Jun 03, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Lagos is the most accomodating state.

Yorubas are the most accomodating ethnic group.

South west is the most accomodating region.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

True that

8 Likes

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Ikengawo: 2:12pm On Jun 03, 2013
short term memory. in the OBJ regime Lagos was home to bloody hausa v. yoruba riots and strife. Lagos can hardly be called accomodating because the locals try to sense out people that aren't from there and scam them. Prices on everything increase once they know you're not lagosian.

perhaps Abuja because it's linguistically neutral

1 Like

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 2:32pm On Jun 03, 2013
^ ^ one of the reasons I prefer Warri, Abuja, Portharcourt, Lokoja, Benin ...

Everybody is indegene... All speak English/Pidgin..

Even in market, no favoritism, all use the same language.

26 Likes

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 03, 2013
If I were to judge based on what I went through in 2010 as a corper in the hands of my oga in Abeokuta and one yeye Ayola plus some other selfish yoruba people, I would score them 2/10 in terms of accommodating aliens.

Those guys are selfish, selmeat, greedy, pride-ful, backstabers etc. cheesy

But there were some who were kind hearted though.

And what about the IGALAS? Good, Better, Best tongue

Pls read -----» www.nairaland.com/1311692/jonathan-defiled-first-law-power

11 Likes

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 03, 2013
daylae: I mean,accomodating in every sphere of involvements,be it political,economic,and socio-cultural participation of non-indigenes?

No state in nigeria accommodates non-indigenes politically and socio-culturally.

4 Likes

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by daylae(m): 2:49pm On Jun 03, 2013
Ngwakwe: If Abuja is not a State in this context, then Lagos is also ruled out from the list.

no,that logic does not disqualify lagos as one of the 36 states. And talk about abia as the most accomodating state is unacceptable to me,and i guess many too. It terms of political and economic participation non- indigenes in abia state,especially from the north are delibrately left dormant. And in the area of socio-cultural participation,many times "outsiders" are victims of common pratices among indigenes.
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by mankand(m): 3:15pm On Jun 03, 2013
Dumb Post. Why not visit Borno?

2 Likes

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by nairalad: 3:18pm On Jun 03, 2013
Yobe!
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 03, 2013
daylae: just as i thought. . . But someone was trying to deny this,saying edo state instead. Probably because he did his service there.

yeah...Edo state is very accomodating in every sense..Lagos state shm...dont go there

5 Likes

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by oluwadare26(m): 3:25pm On Jun 03, 2013
Omo, Come Ibadan.... U go enjoy life to the fullest...Everything dey Cheap, u go enter cab 4rm a long distance 4 just #30, They sells the Cheapest food or Meat in Nigeria, Neighbours are very Lively with dat their accent, Bro.., Na Oyo State oo...

22 Likes

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jun 03, 2013
Lagos State by far, obviously. I think the Eido State should follow according to some information that has been coming out about its location and having other tribes which some are almost larger than the indigenous people in some cities(I haven't really done any research on how truthful that really is).

4 Likes

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by aquabeing: 3:29pm On Jun 03, 2013
Osun state

5 Likes

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Burger01(m): 3:29pm On Jun 03, 2013
Borno State abeg.

undecided
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by kokoye(m): 3:31pm On Jun 03, 2013
Some people are still mentioning Abuja....or comparing Abuja to Lagos.

Does Abuja have a capital city?

S-T-A-T-E

Simple English.
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by speeder(m): 3:31pm On Jun 03, 2013
Anambra as indicated in their slogan, "Home For All". Honestly, its indeed accomodating.

9 Likes

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 03, 2013
its lagos,ibadan,portharcourt.osun was once accomodating but with a muslim fanatic as governour lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by drkay(m): 3:32pm On Jun 03, 2013
Its Lasgidi all the way.
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Decryptor(m): 3:33pm On Jun 03, 2013
emmysenior: If were to judge based on what I went through 2010 as a corper in the hands of my oga in Abeokuta and one yeye Ayola plus some other selfish yoruba people, I would score them 2/10 in terms of accommodating aliens.

Those guys are selfish, selmeat, greedy, pride-ful, backstabers etc.

But there are some who were kind hearted though.
Those kind hearted ones have inter-state origins!

2 Likes

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Efikman(m): 3:33pm On Jun 03, 2013

ABIA that sacked civil servants from Anambra and other eastern states? Try again.
Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by speeder(m): 3:34pm On Jun 03, 2013
Why should u say Lagos is the most accomodating. Lagos is a no one man state. No ethnic group have absolute right their. Infact yorubas are not the true owners. Lagos is inter ethnic by existence.

2 Likes

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by dolphinife: 3:34pm On Jun 03, 2013
from all variables available at out disposal, i will say without fear of intimidation that Lagos is by far very accommodating and the only state that harbours all the tribes and ethnic groups in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria by Carlmax(m): 3:34pm On Jun 03, 2013
Acidosis: ^ ^ one of the reasons I prefer Warri, Abuja, Portharcourt, Lokoja, Benin ...

Everybody is indegene... All speak English/Pidgin..

Even in market, no favoritism, all use the same language.

U are spot on!!! Especially Lokoja, nothing like indigenship in that city, everyone is welcome...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Identify A Suicide Bomber - Adamawa State Government / Adams Oshiomhole Receiving Award From Philip Shaibu (Throwback Photo) / Maina Has Started Speaking Up On How He Spent The N24bn ―source

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.