Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,326 members, 7,864,560 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:36 PM

Shettima Monguno Kidnapped In Maiduguri - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shettima Monguno Kidnapped In Maiduguri (9279 Views)

Boko Haram Attacks Monguno And Baga / Nigerian Military Retakes Monguno, Other Communities From Boko Haram / About 600 Boko Haram Members Killed In Gombe And Monguno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shettima Monguno Kidnapped In Maiduguri by tomber(m): 6:26pm On May 03, 2013
It is arranged abeg
Re: Shettima Monguno Kidnapped In Maiduguri by Firefire(m): 6:42pm On May 03, 2013
BH, will soon accept Amnesty.
Monguno Shettima! my thought are with you in this your bitter experience (Hunter became the HUNTED.... O ma se ooooo)
Re: Shettima Monguno Kidnapped In Maiduguri by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 03, 2013
kabba7: Evidence of a failed goverbnent.

What exactly are you saying?

The duo that went to bomb a sports arena in the US was an evidence of a failed government?

Tomorrow, don't brush your teeth so we can blamed the unbrushed teeth on the government.

2 Likes

Re: Shettima Monguno Kidnapped In Maiduguri by nduchucks: 6:56pm On May 03, 2013
To get to the bottom of this heinous crime, opponents of Amnesty, including politicians and higher ranking members of JTF should be looked at very closely.
Re: Shettima Monguno Kidnapped In Maiduguri by Remii(m): 7:05pm On May 03, 2013
tomber: It is arranged abeg

Including the killing of Mohammed Shuwa abi? Mschewww. Why so much insensitivity in the minds of some people?
Re: Shettima Monguno Kidnapped In Maiduguri by Osama10(m): 7:06pm On May 03, 2013
These boko boys don't even have pity for the elderly. angry
Re: Shettima Monguno Kidnapped In Maiduguri by meforyou1(m): 7:08pm On May 03, 2013
After receiving over $300M for d kidnap of french tourists and have amnesty in d pipeline, why wount the bigots abandon islamisation and go into kidnapping? And these might be the very same people the doctor prayed side by side with during jumat prayers.

1 Like

Re: Shettima Monguno Kidnapped In Maiduguri by AMvanquish: 7:09pm On May 03, 2013
nwando:

You have a point
This may be arrangee
Just like the knock outs they throw around mosques and behind emirs palaces and call it bombs
Anything is possible in that place

Keep quiet! U read news and swallow every hook, line n sinker! Talk out against boko! Easier said than done for the lay man. U don't know who is a member or not. Their agents are in the communities midst, they hear u talking bad about them! Next thing u get paid a visit and ur snuffed out. My friends over there say dey dnt talk about it. Its not eazy 4 dem @ all..
Re: Shettima Monguno Kidnapped In Maiduguri by ABsI1: 7:26pm On May 03, 2013
Is this not the same man that has been an advocate of boko haram? The God of Israel,God of Jerusalem and the Head of the Body of Christ is truly the Avenger and the Dispenser of vengeance.
Re: Shettima Monguno Kidnapped In Maiduguri by juman(m): 7:31pm On May 03, 2013
Re: Shettima Monguno Kidnapped In Maiduguri by ABsI1: 7:33pm On May 03, 2013
Journalist Abdulrafiu Lawal may thumder SCATTER U. you're next in line for ABDUCTION Insha Allah. Wen dis old man was advocating for terrorists u forgot dat u reap what u sow. Its God's payback for u sponsors and sympathisers of terrorism and violence

1 Like

Re: Shettima Monguno Kidnapped In Maiduguri by juman(m): 7:33pm On May 03, 2013
I dey laugh o. grin
Re: Shettima Monguno Kidnapped In Maiduguri by Nobody: 7:41pm On May 03, 2013
AB$I:
Is this not the same man that has been an advocate of boko haram? The God of Israel,God of Jerusalem and the Head of the Body of Christ is truly the Avenger and the Dispenser of vengeance.

Can you please quote his utterances prior to his kidnap
Let us know what manner of man he is before we bring out hankie to shed tears for someone who doesn't deserve it
Re: Shettima Monguno Kidnapped In Maiduguri by ozodimgba(m): 7:47pm On May 03, 2013
May his fate, save him.
Re: Shettima Monguno Kidnapped In Maiduguri by adejodan(m): 7:58pm On May 03, 2013
This is a case of a house falling on it's owner. I expect the house to keep falling till Buhari himself is kidnapped. Our God is not sleeping.
Re: Shettima Monguno Kidnapped In Maiduguri by brownlord: 8:01pm On May 03, 2013
MAIDUWAT? WHICH COUNTRY IS THAT HELLFIRE?
Re: Shettima Monguno Kidnapped In Maiduguri by zumbigbo(m): 8:10pm On May 03, 2013
Weekend retreat for Shettima and his boys to re-strategise.

1 Like

Re: Shettima Monguno Kidnapped In Maiduguri by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 03, 2013
Chei
Una dey heartless o
This somebody's grandfather
Re: Shettima Monguno Kidnapped In Maiduguri by juman(m): 8:17pm On May 03, 2013
This is kind of failed nigeria the IBB generation built.

They breed millions of human being as Almajiris. It's now falling on their heads. grin
Re: Shettima Monguno Kidnapped In Maiduguri by chris365(m): 10:50pm On May 03, 2013
Abeg make una let us hear word for this matter. i don't remember Nigeria ever having elders anymore these days. what we have are a bunch of old men that have decided to use the people they were supposed to lead as pawns for their selfish ambitions. i remember this old man sympathizing with boko haram because according to them "ORDINARY and MEANINGLESS" are killed by their hundreds every week by these cowards. i have lost a very close friend and so also my cousin to this barbaric people and all this man and the so called northern elders had to say was to give them amnesty. so just because he has been kidnapped i should cry abi? rubish. i lost my respect for him and the likes of tinubu, hell-rufai, buhari and the rest of them when they turned this whole situation to a political battle rather than see this as a threat to the existence of our their great nation. i hope they also feel the pain i felt when i lost those i love too. angry angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Shettima Monguno Kidnapped In Maiduguri by splashbaby(m): 10:54pm On May 03, 2013
Why do people still live in that place self
Re: Shettima Monguno Kidnapped In Maiduguri by BankuTilapia: 11:28pm On May 03, 2013
They should coerce him to vomit all da oil he had stolen.
Re: Shettima Monguno Kidnapped In Maiduguri by Nobody: 12:19am On May 04, 2013
He has has been released.
Allahu wakban!

Dr. Shettima Ali Monguno finally released by kidnappers

Dr. Shettima Ali Monguno has been finally released by kidnappers, elombah.com can confirm. The former Nigerian oil minister was kidnapped Friday by gunmen who stormed his vehicle outside a mosque in the restive city of Maiduguri, a stronghold of Islamist group Boko Haram. Elombah.com source in Maiduguri said the elder statesman was

released a few minutes ago, but did not say whether any ransom was paid before the release.

Shettima Ali Monguno, 87, served as Nigeria's oil minister in the 1970s and held the rotating presidency of the Organisation of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) in 1972.

"The abductors got in touch and they put my father through on the phone, he spoke to us and said that he was fine. They made a ransom demand," the ex-minister's son, Abubakar Ali Monguno told AFP, declining to give a figure.

Other residents and relatives said that Monguno had stayed behind to greet well-wishers after prayers and was attacked shortly after entering his car.

While no group claimed the attack, Boko Haram was behind a spate of assassinations and kidnappings around the northeastern city.

Borno state governor Kashim Shettima was mobilising elders and security chiefs in Maiduguri to discuss means of securing the ex-minister's safe release, a statement from his office said.

"The kidnap is likely targeted at a heavy ransom," the statement said.

Monguno, chairman of the Borno elders' forum, "has remained the face of Borno" over the years, it said. The (Boko Haram) sect perhaps realised how important Monguno is and hence could attract a high price in exchange for his release."

Monguno was among the group of elders who met President Goodluck Jonathan in Maiduguri in March to discuss the Boko Haram crisis.

He has repeatedly called for dialogue with the militant group and urged Jonathan to reduce the massive security deployment in the city and ease a curfew forcing all residents to stay indoors after sundown.

Boko Haram's insurgency has left thousands dead since 2009.

http://www.elombah.com/index.php/reports/15693-dr-shettima-ali-monguno-finally-released-by-kidnappers
Re: Shettima Monguno Kidnapped In Maiduguri by Kairoseki77: 1:15am On May 04, 2013
Kidnapped and released in the same day..... undecided

This was all a set up for the media.

I hope someone REALLY kidnaps this old man, so they can learn how serious the game they are playing is.

1 Like

Re: Shettima Monguno Kidnapped In Maiduguri by zumbigbo(m): 1:39am On May 04, 2013
Weekend retreat for Shettima and his boys to re-strategise. Hold press...

One day retreat for Shettia and his boys to re-strategize.
Re: Shettima Monguno Kidnapped In Maiduguri by tusmanali(m): 3:55am On May 04, 2013
dey shld start kidnapi big men,evn d gov no prblm @list e beta killin incnt pple
Re: Shettima Monguno Kidnapped In Maiduguri by Nobody: 4:29am On May 04, 2013
Another man's corpse will continue to look like a log until you have one of yours die. With all due respect, Monguno had been prevaricating, huffing and puffing on the issue of boko haram insurgency, alongside many northern elders.
Yesterday it was christians and southerners, today it is Monguno, tommorrow...we don't know. Until all Nigerians rise up to condemn boko haram for what they, we shall continue in this orgy of violence.
Re: Shettima Monguno Kidnapped In Maiduguri by AlphaBravoIndia: 4:33am On May 04, 2013
shocked
Re: Shettima Monguno Kidnapped In Maiduguri by Cholison(m): 4:57am On May 04, 2013
The monster has grown beyond reach. Which way forward?
Re: Shettima Monguno Kidnapped In Maiduguri by idriis: 12:15pm On May 04, 2013
the_ripper3: His brothers should pay for his ransome before they kill him.
You no fit pay for hin ransom? No be ur brother too? undecided in fact, na ur PAPA!lipsrsealed
Re: Shettima Monguno Kidnapped In Maiduguri by dgitrader(m): 1:22pm On May 04, 2013
You dont get this whole setup, its all in the interest of returning power to the north , dr. ALI is fyne wherever he his, they are his boys, they are scheming for greater relevance now that bombing is being subdued by the jtf.
Elose11: Dr Ali Mongonu is one of the most respected elder statesmen in the north east. And one of those that had wage a 'relentless war' against the JTF occupation of Maiduguri. Instead of doing what a responsible elder should have done by calling the BH boys to order, he instead was busy blaming the federal govt for sending the military to help contain the BH insurgency. Well, Dr Mongonu, your kidnap is as a result of your inability to speak up against evil when you should. A responsible elder does not sleep when a snake is on rooftop. I pray you are released unharmed.
Re: Shettima Monguno Kidnapped In Maiduguri by manosteel(m): 5:50pm On May 04, 2013
He himself, what is He still doing in Maiduguri?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zamfara: Atiku Will Soon Reclaim His Mandate - Ologbondiyan / Rahman Owokoniran: Secondus Should Have Walked When NWC Voted Against Him / Amaechi And Songhai Farm Revolution In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.