Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,841 members, 7,813,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:23 PM

Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? (27721 Views)

Korean Films Vs Hollywood/American Films, Which Do You Like More / Nollywood vs Hollywood? Please Spare Me! / Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by strangest(m): 9:27am On May 24, 2013
How dare you compare Hollywood and Bollywood... Bollywood compared with Nollywood is fine by me... Do they have good animated movies on bollywood?

1 Like

Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Nobody: 9:38am On May 24, 2013
how person wey dey alive , go dey compare hollywood and bollywood.

hollywood beats it hands down
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by VillageBoi(m): 9:57am On May 24, 2013
sholay2011:
Thanks bro. So, you are a script writer, director, filmmaker, maybe producer, visual effects supervisor.....? Respect o!

You're welcome. I'd say more writer/director - that's my first love... I also edit but mainly out of necessity. I absolutely HATE producing but do it sometimes... and who dash monkey VFX - if I do that I go send the industry back 50yrs lol. I honestly wish I could do VFX but I have no intention ever of learning it... let the Pros do that, it's what they are there for.
I do have an understanding of every aspect of filmmaking which can help as a wannabe director.
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Nobody: 9:58am On May 24, 2013
Oh no! This thread is on frontpage! Bye guys smiley

sholay2011:
Thanks bro. So, you are a script writer, director, filmmaker, maybe producer, visual effects supervisor.....? Respect o!
He doesn't have to be, The film maker owns the script.
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Orikinla(m): 10:02am On May 24, 2013
Hollywood, because Hollywood is the most cosmopolitan film industry in the world.
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by UyiIredia(m): 10:03am On May 24, 2013
Hollywood is better. More experience, expertise and funds.
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Emeralddan(f): 10:13am On May 24, 2013
Hollywood does it for me,they are more experienced compared to bollywood....as for bollywood dat singing nd dancing is really annoying

1 Like

Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by naffysa(f): 10:13am On May 24, 2013
Bollywood
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by yertyr(m): 10:27am On May 24, 2013
As for me, any 'wood' that produced spartacus and 24 is the best

2 Likes

Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by omodapson(m): 10:33am On May 24, 2013
Better is a matter of choice since there is no clear cut basis of comparison. Bring out the bases so that experts can conveniently rate...
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by sixtusjr(m): 10:41am On May 24, 2013
Hollywood pls!
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Nobody: 10:41am On May 24, 2013
Hollywood just like spending money in their movies but interms of interesting movies,i give it to bollywood. Wow i watch some of their movies that really touch my heart.
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by MT: 10:51am On May 24, 2013
Please, grab a copy of "kariban" - a bollywood movie and let's have a chat after you have finished watching it. I thought "3 idiots" wouldn't be beaten till I watched that movie. I prefer bollywood to hollywood anyday anytime simply because of their story lines.
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Nobody: 10:51am On May 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
I'm curious to know what this edge is that you guys are talking about. There's nothing Hollywood has done that Bollywood has not done or can do.
Hollywood has the edge in everything. If they want to produce any hind of movie, they do it well- be it comedy, romance, sci-fi, thriller, drama, action, horror, epic etc.
Most indian films are drama, romance and thrillers. Indians don't or rarely make sci-fi, action or horror movies and whenever they make'em, it sucks to the bone.
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by engrflames: 10:56am On May 24, 2013
hollywood is simply the best
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by ksam(m): 11:00am On May 24, 2013
Am still looking fr actors nd actress in Hollywood to compare with the like of sharuck kahn,,Amitabh bachan,Ashkay kuma,ranbir kapoor,deepeka padukonee,katrina kaif,bipasha basu,priyanka chopra,ashwaya rai,,amiishtka bachaan nd so many others...they have the best story line ever...i have never watched an Indian movie without holding a pen nd a book to jot down lines,,,,their song nd choreography is superb...
Pls watch movies like don,,bacheena ae hasseeno,,fashion,,New York,,my name is kahn nd so many others u will understand exactly wat am talking about..
Beside all they are the best...
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Nobody: 11:00am On May 24, 2013
gendebs: I love Bollywood films with passion. In my school dayz i missed a test because of a particular indian film. I ve left church on several count because of Superscreen 11am sunday Bollywood. I dare anybody to tell me just one Hollywood movie that beats "3 idiots" in term of creativity and suspence

A whole Lot!! Three idiots is good but I've seen better from Hollywood.
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Afam4eva(m): 11:01am On May 24, 2013
J12:
Indians don't or rarely make sci-fi, action or horror movies and whenever they make'em, it sucks to the bone.
I don't think the competition is about how versatile these two movie industries are but the quality of whatever work that they've done. It also seems that though you're using Hollywood standard to judge bollywood movies.
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Afam4eva(m): 11:02am On May 24, 2013
DanoskyZ:

A whole Lot!! Three idiots is good but I've seen better from Hollywood.
I was wondering what the hype was about "3 idiots" was as i've seen wayyy better Bollywood movies.
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Afam4eva(m): 11:04am On May 24, 2013
arcbabe: Hollywood just like spending money in their movies but interms of interesting movies,i give it to bollywood. Wow i watch some of their movies that really touch my heart.
Lol...i don't know why the bolded sounds funny.
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by ksam(m): 11:06am On May 24, 2013
Who has watched Barfi,,,i cried after watching that movie
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by caukerzee(m): 11:07am On May 24, 2013
The numbers don't lie. Hollywood Movies dominate 95% of the list of Top selling films of all time. Creativity and quality all what hollywood is about. Not to mention the best film producers of all time are from Hollywood.
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Nobody: 11:11am On May 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
I don't think the competition is about how versatile these two movie industries are but the quality of whatever work that they've done. It also seems that though you're using Hollywood standard to judge bollywood movies.

Nothing like hollywood standard bro. Hollywood movies are clearly distinguished, they started making real good as early as in the 90's, so comparing bollywood to hollywood is like comparing a baby to it's mother, quite slighting!
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Mutaino7(m): 11:13am On May 24, 2013
when bollywood starts producing action films lyk 24, spartacus , games of thrones, merlin, x-men series, kyle xy then they will av my undivided attention. show me any bollywood sit.com or comedy series dat beat madea's series of mr bean. Do they produce vampire films with interesting storyline and actions lyk van helsing, underworld evolution, twilight, vampire diaries or true blood. They hardly produce high school dramas or movies. check out drumline or honey and compare to any bollywood dance movies. i doubt if they will ever av any magical movie dat will beat merlin or seeker in terms of comedy, romance, storyline, suspence and nerve raising epicness*harry potter*. sci-fi, supernatural films, historical, romance, family drama, comedy, cartoons and anime HOLLYWOOD trumps BOLLYWOOD in all this aspects.

2 Likes

Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Nobody: 11:17am On May 24, 2013
Afam4eva: It seems popular wisdom have the opinion that Hoolywood(American movies) are of better quality than Bollywood (Indian movies) but i beg to differ. The Indian movies of old eg Sunita, Mard, Mother India etc had great story lines and were deep but they all lacked one thing and that it the technicality that Hollywood possesses.

But Indian movies of today are different. The story lines are still great and the tehcnicality has improved. Bollywood movies are even more flashy than Hollywood movies and their storylines are off the chain. Even their action movies are top notch. Watch movies like DON, DHOOM etc and you'll see what i'm talking about.

So, for those that have watched both movies from both film industries, which do you think makes better quality movies?
Ignore the fact that most Bollywood movies are in Hindi and not English

When U are talking about quality .......... HOLLYWOOD is incomparable in the whole World !!!

Though,Mother India still one of my best movie ever!! Birjouu and Ramoo and their ''maaa'' (mama) !!!

Not all Hollywood movie is ''Quality'' but when Hollywood produces Quality Movie such MOVIE can never be compared with any Movie in other industries across the Globe!!!

I only prefers 3 Genre of
Hollywood Movies ; ''Intelligence Movie''
(Secret service; FBI,CIA,Homeland) also ''Presidency Movie'' (the politics,betrayal,intrigues,loyalty et all) and ''MILITARY MOVIES'' (The Commands,Parade,Respect,Politics,above all the '' MISSIONs).......this is what makes me to develop Highly Emotional Feelings for The Nigerian Army ......This Movies .......always got me Glued !!! 24/PrisonBreak was my anti-GP during my UnderGraduate Days

I can pay any price for any HollyWood Movie with best production(including the viewing time which must be as long as 24/prisonbreak/Homeland) and good storyline of the above 3 Genre !!!!
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Mutaino7(m): 11:19am On May 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
its because holly wood has set the bench mark 4 others to follow. look at it this way the bollywood actors and actresses rarely do kiss or handle each other body because of cultural moralism but now they av incorporated all this into their romance movies. sooner or later they will start show x-rated scences like spartacus.

1 Like

Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by caukerzee(m): 11:23am On May 24, 2013
arcbabe: Hollywood just like spending money in their movies but interms of interesting movies,i give it to bollywood. Wow i watch some of their movies that really touch my heart.
Money has to be spent on every movie.
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Mutaino7(m): 11:23am On May 24, 2013
donroxy: When U are talking about quality ..........HOLLYWOOD is incomparable in the whole UNIVERSE !!!
He should tell us any sci-fi dat can beat James cameron avatar in terms of picture quality, technology and off chain imagination. Can he compare RA one to avengers or Don to italian job or fast and furious.
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by omar22(m): 11:24am On May 24, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Hollywood is better. More experience, expertise and funds.

I believe Bollywood is over 100 years old
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by caukerzee(m): 11:26am On May 24, 2013
MT: Please, grab a copy of "kariban" - a bollywood movie and let's have a chat after you have finished watching it. I thought "3 idiots" wouldn't be beaten till I watched that movie. I prefer bollywood to hollywood anyday anytime simply because of their story lines.
There are much more better hollywood movies than 3 idiots. You havent just seen them yet.
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Mutaino7(m): 11:33am On May 24, 2013
Bollywood movies are only best in raising ur emotions dats y u c ladies or children crying when watching one. Why do people always make mention of 3-idiot when best bollywood films are mentioned* scarcity of quality*. Even like stars on earth and arsoka tops it on my list. The three khan's av been leading bollywood 4 more than a decade and their position are still unchallenged. sha rukh khan, Aamir khan, Salman khan. 4 romance S.R.K tops my list with his film dvedas.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Seyi Has Been Evicted From The Big Brother House / More Photos From BBNaija 2019 Auditions / What Are Your Most Memorable Scenes From A Nollywood Film?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.