Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,677 members, 7,813,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? (27717 Views)

Korean Films Vs Hollywood/American Films, Which Do You Like More / Nollywood vs Hollywood? Please Spare Me! / Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by VillageBoi(m): 11:48pm On May 24, 2013
speedyboi: Oh no! This thread is on frontpage! Bye guys smiley

Now I understand what you meant. This was a convo about Hollywood/Bollywood films and now people that dont know the difference between a film and a TV series don full ground... I'm enjoying the comedy shaa lolol

1 Like

Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by VillageBoi(m): 11:52pm On May 24, 2013
donroxy: Don't Mind Afam4Ever,
I swear ...... HollyWood will still beat BollyWood in Indian movie productions !!!

Let HollyWood produces a Movie specifically storylined on Indian History even without using any Indian actor/actress nor Actor/Actress of Indian Descent ........JUST AMERICANS on INDIAN CUSTUMES !!!

Let Bollywood produces same Movie ..... grin !!! Abeg compare BollyWood with GhollyNollyWood where actor/Actress receives what to say from the Director who is standing behind the cameraman before uttering the next statement grin ....... Unprofessional bunch!!!

There is no 100percent accuracy level in HollyWood Movies but when u say a ''MOVIE is Close to Perfection'' ...........HOLLYWOOD IS PERFECT !!!

HollyWood Actor/Actress produces and interprete roles as if their whole life depend on it ..... AND

Truly,their whole life depended on it !!!

Argument has ended here...

[size=14pt]HOLLYWOOD IS BETTER - FACT![/size]

1 Like

Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by VillageBoi(m): 11:57pm On May 24, 2013
Obi1kenobi: I mean, watch Meryl Streep's depiction of Margaret Thatcher in "The Iron Lady".
Or Forest Whittaker's depiction of Idi Amin in "The Last King of Scotland".
Or Natalie Portman's acting as a troubled ballerina in "The Black Swan".
Or Russel Crowe in "A Beautiful Mind"

These are Oscar-winning roles of immense depth and technical difficulty. Whittaker had to assiduously research Amin's history and learn his accent and Idiosyncrasies and it took him close to a year. Portman, who already had a background in ballet had to take intense ballet training for close to a year. Meryl Streep had to polish her accent and learn Thatcher's mannerisms. Crowe was just a genius.

How can anyone watch those and claim Indian movies, with their generic, banal offerings are better. Truly, the mind boggles.

More PROOF... well said!!

1 Like

Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Manliness(m): 12:01am On May 25, 2013
donroxy: Okrika self get Quality grin

Abeg tell them ooh!

Obi1kenobi: I mean, watch Meryl Streep's depiction of Margaret Thatcher in "The Iron Lady".
Or Forest Whittaker's depiction of Idi Amin in "The Last King of Scotland".
Or Natalie Portman's acting as a troubled ballerina in "The Black Swan".
Or Russel Crowe in "A Beautiful Mind"

These are Oscar-winning roles of immense depth and technical difficulty. Whittaker had to assiduously research Amin's history and learn his accent and Idiosyncrasies and it took him close to a year. Portman, who already had a background in ballet had to take intense ballet training for close to a year. Meryl Streep had to polish her accent and learn Thatcher's mannerisms. Crowe was just a genius.

How can anyone watch those and claim Indian movies, with their generic, banal offerings are better. Truly, the mind boggles.

People don't realize you have to consider all these before thinking of comparing the two industries. On point bro!
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by nasyl(m): 12:39am On May 25, 2013
Pls, one shouldn't compare at all...
Bollywood Pls.... Tell them to do animation like 'ice age' or 'brave' ....or movies like 'transformers' or 'avengers'
.... Wan ma le ni, wan le ba lai lai!!
Bollywood is good when it comes to romance, but action, thriller, drama and horror ....I doubt if dey ve horror n sci fi movies sef.

There is different btw shit and 'ifoko'...abeg!

2 Likes

Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by luckshine007: 12:44am On May 25, 2013
donroxy: ahahaha U dey mind Afam ehn ?

When u call sonthin rip-off no be too do better version of am.....

Tell him to compare the year of the Original work and rip-off !!!

We are waiting for Indian Version of 24,PrisonBreak,Strike back,Homeland and of course Spartacus grin (shebi spartacus na Kama sutra which originates from India) grin cool
titanic, avartar lord of d ring, troy 3 hundred etc if u hollywood haters can tell me any indian film day beat dose movies

1 Like

Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Afam4eva(m): 6:58am On May 25, 2013
clerkent: can borellywood act any marvel movie lyk spider man,bat man,avengers,e.t.c
Have you watched Krish?
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by InvertedHammer: 8:55am On May 25, 2013
Hollywood has enormous resources financially, technologically and otherwise to beat Bolly in all categories.

Talk about virtual reality!

Bollywood theme is mostly centered on love and songs...more of soap opera like its nephew Nollywood.

Heck the name Bolly alone tells you that the Indians saw something in Holly that they are trying to imitate.

1 Like

Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by caukerzee(m): 3:02pm On May 25, 2013
We are talking about Spiderman, Ironman, Darknight rises, Incredible Hulk, Thor...etc and Afam is talking krish?? LMAO... cheesy Like seriously?? It's just obvious you are 'anti-america'. Like a poster said earlier on, someone just wakes up in the morning and thinks, "How can I bash America Today?"
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by jacques1(m): 10:56am On May 27, 2013
Both are good but Hollywood industry is so vast and makes better quality movies.
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Kirinwa: 1:11pm On May 27, 2013
Op like seriously are you joking?
Nkem Owoh-Osuofia(Hollywood) and John Okafor-Mr Ibu(Bollywood) who acts better??
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by dridowu: 10:49am On May 28, 2013
pls where can i download ds bollywood movie THE BURNING TRAIN , i need the english version or subtitle. pls help
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by trushar81: 1:38pm On Jul 31, 2013
First I am against term Bollywood, It was created by English media and we should stop using it.

Hindi cinema has it's own identity, it evolved without Hollywood. It has it's own unique film making style. Spiderman, Iron man and Terminator may get popular in India but you dare making family drama better than Indian cinema.

Indian cinema is colorful,you can't judge it just by watching couple of movies. From Sholay and Deewar to Rang de Basanti and Lagan. From Kabhi Kabhie to Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham, From Anand to Bhag Milkha Bhag, From Mother India to Chak de India.

Variations and versatility, Indian cinema has been teaching people (at least Indians) to live ideal life, they built their values after watching Hindi Films. Of course this is applicable to Hollywood too, people get inspired after watching non-fiction movies like Rocky and films that are inspired by real life stories (Example Erin Brockovich).

Watch Zindagi Milegi na Dobara and Watch Gangs of Wasseypur and look at the difference. Watch Dabaang and watch Bhag Milkha Bhag and look at the difference.

So please don't judge Hindi Cinema from one movie.

Trushar
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by trushar81: 1:57pm On Jul 31, 2013
luckshine007: titanic, avartar lord of d ring, troy 3 hundred etc if u hollywood haters can tell me any indian film day beat dose movies

Give me one Hollywood movie that can beat Hindi movies like Deewar and Sholay and it's effect on people and try to make such movies in little budget.

What I am trying to say is both industry has potential, FYI- people watch more Indian movies than Hollywood.

They make more profit with their creativity and they are expanding like anything.

Why do you think Fox and other production houses are so much interested distributing Indian movies?

Here in NJ,you will see Indian movies in most of the theaters.

And so many times they have to occupy another theater to cope up with flooding of the people.

You can just imagine the craze of the movies in the country where there are 1.2 billion people.

Trushar
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by kullarjatt7: 8:43am On Sep 09, 2013
i jus want to say that as everyone saying that there is no comparison of hollywood and bollywood in terms of every aspect of film making for global audience. But bollywood movies are for indian peoples. In 1947 india got freedom from britishs so basically they dont have much money to spend in large projects like americans who were making movies for the global audience(by the way indian cinema started before 19th century much before hollywood). In late 80's When a fully tired person in india go to cinema he dont want to watch sci-fi thrillers and got in tention what is going to next, he just want to enjoy those 2-3 hours with songs, dance, romantic love story with comic flavour And that trend is followed till now.and as you know every cinema reflects its own society so americans have that type of thrilling society filled with secret agencies and missions but india dont have. Thats why indian cinema cant b like hollywood in next 50 years and u dont expect movies like hollywood from bollywood.hollywood movies can get praise from any part of the world bcoz they r made for global audience investing millions of dollars and when it comes to bollywood the make movies only for indian audience. An outsider from india can never understand the humour of bollywood movies thats why people say it cheap, creepy etc etc. People has to understand the difference btwedn these two cinemas
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Fabzyjay: 10:06pm On Jan 07, 2021
All this bollywood lovers should just stop being sentimental, as far as I'm concerned, bollywood still has alot to learn. You guys haven't watched the best hollywood movies out there, that's why you think you can compare bollywood to hollywood. It's true they have amazing storyline but so does hollywood too... it all depends on the genre of the movie and even the production. Bollywood should work on their technicality and movie editing first before you guys can start comparing them to Hollywood. Although they're trying now, but hollywood is ahead.
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Cousin9999: 10:22am On Jan 08, 2021
Nollywood. White people and asians are ugly.
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Cousin9999: 10:23am On Jan 08, 2021
Nollywood. Asians are boring.
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Cousin9999: 10:24am On Jan 08, 2021
Nollywood. Asians and white people haven't invented Adesua Etomi yet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Seyi Has Been Evicted From The Big Brother House / More Photos From BBNaija 2019 Auditions / What Are Your Most Memorable Scenes From A Nollywood Film?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.