Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Should a Woman Pay For A Man's Dinner at A Date? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should a Woman Pay For A Man's Dinner at A Date? (2193 Views)

Val's Dinner: Rate My Fiancee And I. :D / Nigerian Guy Calls Out Lagos Lady That Dumped Him After A N45k Dinner Date / High Prices Men Pay For Sex With Prostitutes They Take Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should a Woman Pay For A Man's Dinner at A Date? by MrsChima(f): 3:07am On May 04, 2013
Your thoughts?
Re: Should a Woman Pay For A Man's Dinner at A Date? by 2goodbobo(m): 6:36am On May 04, 2013
It is not suppose to be a "woman" thing or a "man" thing but rather a human thing. Whoever is comfortable to pay the bill, should do so. The law of nature has forced it on the Man in this part of the world and is high time that mentality is erased.

1 Like

Re: Should a Woman Pay For A Man's Dinner at A Date? by Nobody: 6:39am On May 04, 2013
[size=13pt]^^^ I agree.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Should a Woman Pay For A Man's Dinner at A Date? by xynerise: 7:09am On May 04, 2013
2goodbobo: It is not suppose to be a "woman" thing or a "man" thing but rather a human thing. Whoever is comfortable to pay the bill, should do so. The law of nature has forced it on the Man in this part of the world and is high time that mentality is erased.
Thank You
Re: Should a Woman Pay For A Man's Dinner at A Date? by Princeparix(m): 7:17am On May 04, 2013
is simply noted as GOING INDIA kind of Date. Is no biggy-ntin bad
Re: Should a Woman Pay For A Man's Dinner at A Date? by Caracta(f): 9:26am On May 04, 2013
2goodbobo: It is not suppose to be a "woman" thing or a "man" thing but rather a human thing. Whoever is comfortable to pay the bill, should do so. The law of nature has forced it on the Man in this part of the world and is high time that mentality is erased.
I agree...
Re: Should a Woman Pay For A Man's Dinner at A Date? by Nobody: 9:31am On May 04, 2013
abeg it's a man's duty to pay for dinner
Nobody forced you to pick her up
Nobody forced you to ask her out or even say yes when she asked you

it's a noble thing to do. At least, you're being a gentleman by paying for sth as little as food

1 Like

Re: Should a Woman Pay For A Man's Dinner at A Date? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:54am On May 04, 2013
No be equal rights again?
U wan start ur gender discrimination against the men again?

U no suppose ask dt question at all. A feminist for dt matter!
Re: Should a Woman Pay For A Man's Dinner at A Date? by mumumugu(m): 10:26am On May 04, 2013
What a man can do?a wuman can do better?why dont women prove us right by paying all the bills
Re: Should a Woman Pay For A Man's Dinner at A Date? by switdick(m): 10:30am On May 04, 2013

Actually, it has always been a human thing like you said, though Men Like to be Chivalrous and take it up as a self duty posed at them by nature as providers...

Even then,they Still had women who pay bills for themselves and theirs(Men)...Just as Men do....{Strong Women}

The mentality to be erased" is the women that think its a man's problem ..

Men would Still take the Lead in that department though, because of course we are Stronger.
Re: Should a Woman Pay For A Man's Dinner at A Date? by Baritone(m): 4:37pm On May 04, 2013
well, in my opinion, it depends on who initiated the date. but reaaly its not a gender thing.
Re: Should a Woman Pay For A Man's Dinner at A Date? by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 04, 2013
Baritone: well, in my opinion, it depends on who initiated the date. but reaaly its not a gender thing.

many men initiate dates and simply take girls for a walk in the park, so your ideology is wrong (date doesnt automatically equals going to a food joint).......what you should have written is:"whoever is HUNGRY (and demand to go to a food place) should be ready to pay for "at least" their own damn food"
Re: Should a Woman Pay For A Man's Dinner at A Date? by Baritone(m): 5:39pm On May 04, 2013
MRbrownJAY:

many men initiate dates and simply take girls for a walk in the park, so your ideology is wrong (date doesnt automatically equals going to a food joint).......what you should have written is:"whoever is HUNGRY (and demand to go to a food place) should be ready to pay for "at least" their own damn food"
true talk man, but if u're bold enough to ask her out, you should be financially endowed to foot the bills.

1 Like

Re: Should a Woman Pay For A Man's Dinner at A Date? by MrsChima(f): 5:58pm On May 04, 2013
MRbrownJAY:

Leave my thread.
Re: Should a Woman Pay For A Man's Dinner at A Date? by Rhymez(m): 6:02pm On May 04, 2013
If I intentionally take her out, I will definitely foot the bill, but if she insisted on us going out, then I guess she wants to surprise me by footing the bill.

1 Like

Re: Should a Woman Pay For A Man's Dinner at A Date? by Nobody: 6:40pm On May 04, 2013
Baritone: true talk man, but if u're bold enough to ask her out, you should be financially endowed to foot the bills.

bro, you are fooling yourself by trying to impress a lady with some cheap moves. A) footing the bill does NOT make you endowned in any way, it only makes you weak if you do so for no damn reason, in the name of being a gentleman.....but here is a clue: if she is not a LADY, then why should you be a gentleman to her?! B) the BOLD man is the one that would not be afraid to tell a woman the LOGIC of this world, which is:" since WE are going to get some food, shouldnt WE both pay for dinner?". only a BOLD man can ask such question to a woman on a date, only a bold man can tell a woman to pay for her own and show how independent she can be. at the end of the day, it is all about making this gal have a GREAT TIME, LAUGH, HAVE FUN and hopefuly she wanna see you again....and paying for dinner has no effect on this equation (unless you are dating a broke ass hungry beggar). paying for dinner is the cheapest way to get to know someone and has nothing to do with being bold.

we men have to start to be real about ourselves, as there is NOTHING in the archives of r/ships or dating that says that taking a girl out means that you have to spend money on food for her hungry self. go to a park and sit down there while having a chat (no need to spend any cash for that)......if she is hungry then let HER spend her own money to go buy something to quench her damn hunger.

Mrs.Chima:
Leave my thread.

i thought you sent me a VIP guest invitation, lol!

2 Likes

Re: Should a Woman Pay For A Man's Dinner at A Date? by Baritone(m): 1:05am On May 05, 2013
Rhymez: If I intentionally take her out, I will definitely foot the bill, but if she insisted on us going out, then I guess she wants to surprise me by footing the bill.
Na so i c am ooo.. Afterall Na The person wey start am go end am nah.
Re: Should a Woman Pay For A Man's Dinner at A Date? by Baritone(m): 1:16am On May 05, 2013
MRbrownJAY:

bro, you are fooling yourself by trying to impress a lady with some cheap moves. A) footing the bill does NOT make you endowned in any way, it only makes you weak if you do so for no damn reason, in the name of being a gentleman.....but here is a clue: if she is not a LADY, then why should you be a gentleman to her?! B) the BOLD man is the one that would not be afraid to tell a woman the LOGIC of this world, which is:" since WE are going to get some food, shouldnt WE both pay for dinner?". only a BOLD man can ask such question to a woman on a date, only a bold man can tell a woman to pay for her own and show how independent she can be. at the end of the day, it is all about making this gal have a GREAT TIME, LAUGH, HAVE FUN and hopefuly she wanna see you again....and paying for dinner has no effect on this equation (unless you are dating a broke ass hungry beggar). paying for dinner is the cheapest way to get to know someone and has nothing to do with being bold.

we men have to start to be real about ourselves, as there is NOTHING in the archives of r/ships or dating that says that taking a girl out means that you have to spend money on food for her hungry self. go to a park and sit down there while having a chat (no need to spend any cash for that)......if she is hungry then let HER spend her own money to go buy something to quench her damn hunger.

i thought you sent me a VIP guest invitation, lol!
Mrbrown,I Got what you mean, But if i may ask, What are The Roles of a GENTLEMAN on a date.. And besides, If she really was a LADY, She wont be gluttonous on the first Outing;but if she is,Its suggested You Tell am to Her face,that "you really have a healthy appetite, I think we should split the bill". wink.. BTW,i no be Iron wey dey Impress..
Re: Should a Woman Pay For A Man's Dinner at A Date? by Nobody: 1:21am On May 05, 2013
I do not understand the bone of contention.

Ladies go out together a lot and pay for one another's bill.

Men go out together all the time and foot one another's bill

A man and a woman goes out: who pays becomes... Nairaland topic?

1 Like

Re: Should a Woman Pay For A Man's Dinner at A Date? by jhydebaba(m): 1:31am On May 05, 2013
If it is right for a man to pay then there is nothing wrong when the woman pays, afterall what is good for the goose is also good for the gander cheesy
Re: Should a Woman Pay For A Man's Dinner at A Date? by pleep(m): 1:32am On May 05, 2013
I always pay for first dates, but i'm not stupid enough to pretend that its because of chivalry or politeness or even because i asked her out (society says the man must ask the woman so that point is mute)

Its simply a social obligation that soceity says we must do.... so i do it.

Splitting the bill is fine by me though... but i don't know how anyone, man or women, feels comfortable letting a perfect stranger pay for their food lol.

1 Like

Re: Should a Woman Pay For A Man's Dinner at A Date? by pleep(m): 1:35am On May 05, 2013
The solution to this is the coffee date, i have not done a dinner first date since high school grin
Re: Should a Woman Pay For A Man's Dinner at A Date? by Nobody: 4:16am On May 05, 2013
It depends on the circumstances. If the woman asks the man out on a date, then she should pay for the man; or they could both split the bill.
Re: Should a Woman Pay For A Man's Dinner at A Date? by Nobody: 4:27am On May 05, 2013
pleep: I always pay for first dates, but i'm not stupid enough to pretend that its because of chivalry or politeness or even because i asked her out (society says the man must ask the woman so that point is mute)

Its simply a social obligation that soceity says we must do.... so i do it.

Splitting the bill is fine by me though... but i don't know how anyone,man or women, feels comfortable letting a perfect stranger pay for their food lol

[size=13pt]This!!!!! I couldn't care less who's supposed to pay for what. I don't like the feeling of someone paying for me. It makes me feel like a freeloader. Lawd knows how many times I've brought out my wallet to pay for anything, guy or not, and the guy always insists on paying. I'd actually feel better if I paid sometimes.

It truly doesn't always have to be the man, but many feel they must do it because of societal pressure.[/size]
Re: Should a Woman Pay For A Man's Dinner at A Date? by Nobody: 4:31am On May 05, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]This!!!!! I couldn't care less who's supposed to pay for what. I don't like the feeling of someone paying for me. It makes me feel like a freeloader. Lawd knows how many times I've brought out my wallet to pay for anything, guy or not, and the guy always insists on paying. I'd actually feel better if I paid sometimes.

It truly doesn't always have to be the man, but many feel they must do it because of societal pressure.[/size]

I feel that way sometimes too.

I guess it's the culture we live in that is to blame.
Re: Should a Woman Pay For A Man's Dinner at A Date? by Nobody: 4:42am On May 05, 2013
CFCfan: I feel that way sometimes too.

I guess it's the culture we live in that is to blame.

[size=13pt]It is. Back then, men were moneymakers and girls stayed home until they were married. It made sense then for a man to foot the bill. Now, a lot of women make their own money; some make more than men. I'd like to think that demands from society would change at least a little.

Men have become so accustomed to paying for meals and such that you wonder if some will suffer ego deflation if women pay for them lol.[/size]
Re: Should a Woman Pay For A Man's Dinner at A Date? by Nobody: 4:49am On May 05, 2013
^^
The "ego deflation" part is so true especially amongst Africans. Most African men may be ashamed to allow a lady to pay for their meal. Likewise, it's almost a taboo for an African (Nigerian) lady to do so for her man.
*Please, I'm not trying to bash Nigerian men or women o.*
Re: Should a Woman Pay For A Man's Dinner at A Date? by pleep(m): 5:02am On May 05, 2013
Why does this word "ego" always brought up? I would never let a girl pay for my food because thats just silly. As much as she insisted i would never agree to that because i have my own money, so what on earth is the point?

It has nothing to do with ego... some people just don't feel the need to freeload.
Re: Should a Woman Pay For A Man's Dinner at A Date? by Nobody: 5:03am On May 05, 2013
^^
Some men have no problems allowing their lady to pay for a date.
Re: Should a Woman Pay For A Man's Dinner at A Date? by pleep(m): 5:04am On May 05, 2013
If she is like me, we can agree to split the bill. I've had girls like this and i respect them 100X more
Re: Should a Woman Pay For A Man's Dinner at A Date? by pleep(m): 5:05am On May 05, 2013
CFCfan: ^^
Some men have no problems allowing their lady to pay for a date.
well after u have known each other for a while, thats fine.

im mainly talking about first dates
Re: Should a Woman Pay For A Man's Dinner at A Date? by Nobody: 5:08am On May 05, 2013
pleep: well after u have known each other for a while, thats fine.

im mainly talking about first dates

Yep, u have a point there. But if it is the lady that asks the man out on a date, shouldn't she pay for at least, a portion or both meals?

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Fabulous Facts About The Female Body / 5 Tricks Nigerian Men Use To Trap Women Into Marriage / Trapped In Between Two Loves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.