Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,394 members, 7,846,647 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo (8179 Views)

Kwankwaso’s Greatest Mistake In Life Was Installing Ganduje As Governor – Aide / “the Issues Of Biafra Was Settled In 1970″ – ACF Blasts Ndigbo Leaders / Biafra: Was Gowon Clueless? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by dayokanu(m): 9:12am On May 05, 2013
Asari is busy campaigning for 2015 and the morrrons didnt decode.

WHy didnt Asari realize when OBJ or Yar Adaua was contesting?

Now he wants Jonathan for 2015 he is on an apology tour
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by ckkris: 9:48am On May 05, 2013
I really like to know what was in the post that is hidden. I have full history of the American Civil War. I dont understand why I, and everyone else,MUST not be ALLOWED to possess COMPREHENSIVE UNDERSTANDING of what led to the Nigeria Civil War, how it was executed, how it was resolved, and its aftermath.
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by ACM10: 12:37pm On May 05, 2013
Asari Dokubo is simply playing politics.
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by vanbonattel: 1:11pm On May 05, 2013
ACM10: Asari Dokubo is simply playing politics.

I understand, however if what it will cost them to win with Jonathan is to admit the truth, his words are significant. More people will still confess.
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by ACM10: 1:27pm On May 05, 2013
van bonattel:

I understand, however if what it will cost them to win with Jonathan is to admit the truth, his words are significant. More people will still confess.

Believe me, Asari Dokubo is a loner. Ijaws do not share this sentiment. An average Ijawman believes that Igbos are their problem. They will prefer to deal with northerners than Igbos. It will take another generation of education and sensitization to change this mindset of theirs. Asari Dojubo is Jonathan's stooge who is trying to whip-up sentiments to garner votes for his master. Northerners have used this strategy in the past with a measurable success. We will know in 2015 if Ijaws will succeed with the same tactics.

1 Like

Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by Bobandgreat: 1:32pm On May 05, 2013
[/color]
ACM10:

[color=#006600]Believe me, Asari Dokubo is a loner. Ijaws do not share this sentiment. An average Ijawman believes that Igbos are their problem. They will prefer to deal with northerners than Igbos. It will take another generation of education and sensitization to change this mindset of theirs. Asari Dojubo is Jonathan's stooge who is trying to whip-up sentiments to garner votes for his master. Northerners have used this strategy in the past with a measurable success. We will know in 2015 if Ijaws will succeed with the same tactics.
I do not believe you.
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by ACM10: 1:36pm On May 05, 2013
Bobandgreat:
I do not believe you.

Tell me why you don't believe me.
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by joeyfire(m): 1:42pm On May 05, 2013
Bobandgreat: [color=#000099][/color]
I do not believe you.

I'm highly inclined to believe what he is saying. We have been used over and over in this stinking country and we have not got much to show for it except betrayal and promises. Asari is talking sense but history has taught me how our neighbours and "brothers" see us. Make we dey watch we'll know who is for real
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by Bobandgreat: 1:52pm On May 05, 2013
Asari Dokubo is nobody's stooge. Why would he whip up sentiments with this kind of statement. Is he soliciting for Igbo vote? His brother already has it, so no need. The man is sayng what he believes in and he is not alone in that line of thought in Ijaw land.
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by vanstanzy(m): 2:02pm On May 05, 2013
confusion247:
Rise above hatred. Today, are you in the majority with the northerners? How many times have you had any issue with the south east people? How many of your people have the people of south east killed as northerners are doing? Who and who owns the oil well in your back yard? How many houses does northerners have in your south south? Give yourself a genuine reason for your hatred on the Igbos. Ojukwu had dictatorial tendencies because he is a soldier, same goes with Obasanjo and any military man in power. What have you gained from Nigeria after supporting them and making yourself a slave and a beggar? The oil in your back yard was used to develop north, while you stay in your polluted land and beg for 50% resource control. I challenge you to mention three ways Ojukwu used to enslave the people of south south. Just look at abuja and tell me that the money that developed abuja came from groundnut and sugar cane. Are you not ashamed that after supporting Nigeria you have nothing to show for it. The earlier you reason like a human the better for you.

Gbam!! Maybe ebamma wasnt simply thinking straight, when he made that ridiculous comment.
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by emmatok(m): 4:45pm On May 05, 2013
Bobandgreat: Asari Dokubo is nobody's stooge. Why would he whip up sentiments with this kind of statement. Is he soliciting for Igbo vote? His brother already has it, so no need. The man is sayng what he believes in and he is not alone in that line of thought in Ijaw land.

Yes he is soliciting Igbo votes for 2015.

Thesame man said Yorubas are commiting political suicide for merger with APC.
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by OneNaira6: 5:22pm On May 05, 2013
ACM10:

Believe me, Asari Dokubo is a loner. Ijaws do not share this sentiment. An average Ijawman believes that Igbos are their problem. They will prefer to deal with northerners than Igbos. It will take another generation of education and sensitization to change this mindset of theirs. Asari Dojubo is Jonathan's stooge wh is g to whip-up sentiments to garner votes for his master. Northerners have used this strategy in the past with a measurable success. We will know in 2015 if Ijaws will succeed with the same tactics.

he might be helping GEJ for election but I actually doubt Dokunbo said this because of the 2015 election. This has always been his stanch. Go read all his speeches especially the ones where he mentioned Biafra war. According to him, his family supported Biafra and even one of his uncle fought for biafra. He didn't really say anything different from what he's been saying years ago so it's not new at least that i can attest to you. everything else you accused him and his people, that i cannot attest. I'm shocked ppl forget speeches from asari so easily. I guess I'm the only one that remember and retain some of the comments from the man
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by dayokanu(m): 10:07pm On May 05, 2013
ACM10:

Believe me, Asari Dokubo is a loner. Ijaws do not share this sentiment. An average Ijawman believes that Igbos are their problem. They will prefer to deal with northerners than Igbos. It will take another generation of education and sensitization to change this mindset of theirs. Asari Dojubo is Jonathan's stooge who is trying to whip-up sentiments to garner votes for his master. Northerners have used this strategy in the past with a measurable success. We will know in 2015 if Ijaws will succeed with the same tactics.

I thought everyone could see this. When I told you your people are politically naive they start fighting

Even a 7yr old should know that Asari is just playing Politics.

Why didnt he realize this when OBj was contesting, why didnt he realize this when Yar Adua was contesting, Now he needs Ibos support for 2015 and he is going on an apology tour

Tell Asari that if Ijaws are indeed apologetic, They should support an Igboman for 2015 instead of Jonathan and see what his response would be.

You and Eziachi need to really educate these young and naive ones
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by ACM10: 10:26pm On May 05, 2013

^

Why are you massaging your d1ck on my comment? I tried my best to analyze his interview with objectivity, but you are pushing your interpretation further with tribalism. Please don't quote me next time if you can't do without insulting Igbos
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by slimghost(m): 10:35pm On May 05, 2013
ACM10:

Arrant nonsense from a toddler! How many ijaws have you interacted with to come to this silly conclusion sir? Ijaws preferring to deal with Northerners over Igbos? What happened to your brains sir?
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by Rhino5dm: 10:40pm On May 05, 2013
dayokanu:

I thought everyone could see this. When I told you your people are politically naive they start fighting

Even a 7yr old should know that Asari is just playing Politics.

Why didnt he realize this when OBj was contesting, why didnt he realize this when Yar Adua was contesting, Now he needs Ibos support for 2015 and he is going on an apology tour

Tell Asari that if Ijaws are indeed apologetic, They should support an Igboman for 2015 instead of Jonathan and see what his response would be.

You and Eziachi need to really educate these young and naive ones

My brother, this thing they tire me. What baffles me most is that some people are actually taking Asari Dokubo serious. Here is a man that relocates all his businesses, investments and family members to Benin republic, a man that enjoys a monthly billion naira juicy contract from aso rock, a man that only enters Nigeria once in a while to blow hot air laced with sympathetic rhythm of war stories, a man that his Facebook page is riddled with constant attacks, abuse from his kinsmen( Google Asari Dokubo's Facebook page and peruse his posting history), be promoted to hero on the pages of nairaland? There was a time he uploaded a picture of him and some boys wearing Isaac Adaka Boro's T-shirts on his Facebook timeline, you need to see how his kinsmen were calling him names.

Like I said or you said earlier, let Asari Dokubo support an igbo candidate in 2015 to demonstrate spirit of togetherness and oneness. Let Jonathan back down for Anyim Prius Anyim or any other reputable igbo man.

How can Asari Dokubo that can not even sleep or move freely around his house here in PH be the one that will help anyone when the chips are down? A man that can't sleep in his house due to fear of attacks.
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 05, 2013
Please why are south easterners keen on attaching SS to themselves?
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by Rhino5dm: 10:44pm On May 05, 2013
django1: Please why are south easterners keen on attaching SS to themselves?

Because they are from thesame country of old. Biafra.
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by slimghost(m): 10:47pm On May 05, 2013
django1: Please why are south easterners keen on attaching SS to themselves?

Sir there is something called sense, do you have it?
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by ACM10: 11:07pm On May 05, 2013
slimghost:

Arrant nonsense from a toddler! How many ijaws have you interacted with to come to this silly conclusion sir? Ijaws preferring to deal with Northerners over Igbos? What happened to your brains sir?

I have interacted with,

ordinary Ijaws

mid-level government officials of Bayeslsa state, and

few top-level government officials of Bayelsa state.

Let the truth be told, Ijaws will not reciprocate goodwill gestures from Igbos. I once had a bitter argument with a mid-level government official from Bayelsa state government when he said that Igbos are taking over all the juicy positions in Jonathan's administration. His bitterness towards Igbos were palpable. He was someone that should have known better. My dear, Ijaws still sees Igbos as rivals and bitter enemy, that's why Bayelsa government has a policy of indigenisation to push the non-natives away.

The fact still remains that Asari Dokubo is playing politics ahead of 2015 election. He has every intention to keep Jonathan there inorder to ensure his continuous flow of income, afterall he is jobless. But playing politics with the emotion of Igbos is distasteful and childish. This tactics is old and tired. He should try something new.

By the way, you failed to make any intelligent rebuttal to my comment. All you did was to throw insults and tantrum.
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by dayokanu(m): 11:23pm On May 05, 2013
ACM10:
^

Why are you massaging your d1ck on my comment? I tried my best to analyze his interview with objectivity, but you are pushing your interpretation further with tribalism. Please don't quote me next time if you can't do without insulting Igbos

Where is the insult in my post? Can you point it out

I guess your inferiority complex has eaten so deep into you
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by Tigerhead: 11:34pm On May 05, 2013
The relationship between the smaller ethnic groups of the Niger Delta such as the Ijaw and the ibo is a complex one. The history is important, but I know that it is not as black and white as the non Ijaws on this thread paint it.

What the people feel about themselves and what they will do out of pragmatism are two different things.
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by cfours: 12:50am On May 06, 2013
lol. crazy opportunistic guy.
it's not too late to support biafra now. I propose that MEND and MASSOB join together and form a merger. We'll see how their union will work out, then I will believe him.

what a fool
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by paragonpro: 6:32am On May 06, 2013
The NigerIan civil war ended 43 years ago, how old was Dokubo then. How old was Dokubo at the start of the civil war. Was he the one that made the decision to support biafra against Nigeria? Should he be the spokes person for those that fought the civil war?

The funniest thing about the nigerian civil war is that those that actually fought the war talk less about the war, but those born after the war run their mouths and emotions as if they have hear the sound of a gun shot before.

Dokubo is just carrying out Jonatha's strategy for 2015, whipping up emotiona sentiments against the northerners, drive a wedge between the yoruba and hausa/fulanis and curry the continued support of the igbos by telling them anything they want to hear.

If Jonathan really loved the igbos, he should sacrifice his 2015 ambition for an igbo candidate, because it would be very easy to get an igbo person into the presidency in 2015. It would be a virtual impossibility in 2019 as another person from the south cannot be president in 2019, and when it comes down south again in 2026, the yoruba would be favoured more than the south east.

2 Likes

Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by ijawcitizen(m): 6:44am On May 06, 2013
ACM10:

Contrary to what Igbos have been propagatiing, no single Ijaw man sees Igbos as their problem- WE DON'T. The only conflict we have with the Igbos is that Igbos don't seem to know their boundary and as eviodent here on Nairaland, HIGHLY unreasonable when it comes to issues of the Niger Delta.

Most of them are children of the same Biafran rebel who committed all sorts of attrocities against Niger Deltans during the civil war. Most of them are just re-echoing the same sets of twisted belief of Igbo hold on Niger Delta to justify their action against Niger Deltans.

Niger Deltans were Victims first in the hands of Biafra, and later in the hands of Nigeria, Yet Igbos want Niger Deltans to apologize to them?

If there is any people who should be demanding for apology, it should be us in the core/traditional Niger Delta, yet even when we Niger Deltan have put the ugly past behind us and NEVER demanded any apology from Igbos (We simply understand they were just being their GREEDY SELVES), some modern Igbos still want to apologize for not allowing them steal ours lands.

Wonders shall never end!

Logic turned upside down- could this be how Igbos reason now?

2 Likes

Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by slimghost(m): 7:16am On May 06, 2013
ACM10:

I have interacted with,

ordinary Ijaws

mid-level government officials of Bayeslsa state, and

few top-level government officials of Bayelsa state.

Let the truth be told, Ijaws will not reciprocate goodwill gestures from Igbos. I once had a bitter argument with a mid-level government official from Bayelsa state government when he said that Igbos are taking over all the juicy positions in Jonathan's administration. His bitterness towards Igbos were palpable. He was someone that should have known better. My dear, Ijaws still sees Igbos as rivals and bitter enemy, that's why Bayelsa government has a policy of indigenisation to push the non-natives away.

The fact still remains that Asari Dokubo is playing politics ahead of 2015 election. He has every intention to keep Jonathan there inorder to ensure his continuous flow of income, afterall he is jobless. But playing politics with the emotion of Igbos is distasteful and childish. This tactics is old and tired. He should try something new.

By the way, you failed to make any intelligent rebuttal to my comment. All you did was to throw insults and tantrum.

My point is even before GEJ came into power, Asari Dokubo has been making that statement way back! Even during his NDVF days, he has been drumming it into everybody's ears that they (ND) made a mistake siding hausa/Fulanis against Biafra. Please get your facts right before coming here to spew hatred!
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by ACM10: 8:37pm On May 06, 2013
ijaw citizen: Contrary to what Igbos have been propagatiing, no single Ijaw man sees Igbos as their problem- WE DON'T. The only conflict we have with the Igbos is that Igbos don't seem to know their boundary and as eviodent here on Nairaland, HIGHLY unreasonable when it comes to issues of the Niger Delta.

Most of them are children of the same Biafran rebel who committed all sorts of attrocities against Niger Deltans during the civil war. Most of them are just re-echoing the same sets of twisted belief of Igbo hold on Niger Delta to justify their action against Niger Deltans.

Niger Deltans were Victims first in the hands of Biafra, and later in the hands of Nigeria, Yet Igbos want Niger Deltans to apologize to them?

If there is any people who should be demanding for apology, it should be us in the core/traditional Niger Delta, yet even when we Niger Deltan have put the ugly past behind us and NEVER demanded any apology from Igbos (We simply understand they were just being their GREEDY SELVES), some modern Igbos still want to apologize for not allowing them steal ours lands.

Wonders shall never end!

Logic turned upside down- could this be how Igbos reason now?

I expected you to land on this thread like vultures. Without mincing word, tell me one atrocity that Igbos committed against the Nigerdeltans during the civil war. I have my list ready. But let's read yours, since it came from you first.
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by revolt(m): 12:59am On May 07, 2013
With wht I'm seeing in GEjs govt I fink igbos are benefitting the most in appointmnts, which wouldn't be so if we had an igbo president because eerybody will shout igbo domination! We evn stand to gain more from the arrangemnt.the infinitesimal nmba of ijaw nlanders ie ijawcitizen tht oppose the SS-SE union obviously ddnt follow the georgia crises! Moreover efik ibibio will nt agree to join an ijaw dominated country. To adress the issue of landlock I dnt fink eery country faces the sea evn israel! Ijawcitizen shud stop dissn asari cos he awoke the kaima declaration alone.I knw majority of SS tribes r scared of igbo domination but the greater evil is yorob n hausa leeches wth their conservative mentality! We all need this union n yorobs will shit their pants finkn of it which explains y they're battln here like market women to kill it! Lol they haf failed. One fing remains certain igbo sons will nt grace the battle field enmass xcept we face xtermination!
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by debetmx(m): 10:09am On May 07, 2013
Hugoboi:

Victor Banjo was executed by Ojukwu after the Ore misadventure for turning traitor. That is history. You either know it or you don't. It is very typical to mask your ignorance with one-liners like the above. We live and we learn

So Emmanuel Ifeajuna and Sam Agbam were executed for what? Were they traitors too? Did Ojukwu not abandon Enugu in 1967? Why was Ojukwu not executed like Banjo? Did Ojukwu not abandon Biafra?

Asari Dokubo is just trying to protect his pipeline contracts. When Adaka Boro declared Niger Delta Republic, what did the ibo leaders like Aguiyi Ironsi and Emeka Ojukwu do?

1 Like

Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by belovedaja(m): 10:25am On May 07, 2013
Tigerhead: I don't agree with Asari. We would have had to fight another war to free ourselves from the south easterners.
that fight would have been easier than the one we are fighting now.
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by Nobody: 10:44am On May 07, 2013
belovedaja: that fight would have been easier than the one we are fighting now.

Speculations speculations!!

No one tribe or region can leave Nigeria by carrying arms, not the yorubas, definitely not the ibo and most definitely not the hausas, the nigerian military will still crush any such rebellion!

Forget all those your "could have been" talk, no one is going anywhere by arms struggle in Nigeria.
Re: Supporting Nigeria Against Biafra Was Our Greatest Mistake — Asari Dokubo by wilywily9: 10:56am On May 07, 2013
revolt: With wht I'm seeing in GEjs govt I fink igbos are benefitting the most in appointmnts, which wouldn't be so if we had an igbo president because eerybody will shout igbo domination! We evn stand to gain more from the arrangemnt.the infinitesimal nmba of ijaw nlanders ie ijawcitizen tht oppose the SS-SE union obviously ddnt follow the georgia crises! Moreover efik ibibio will nt agree to join an ijaw dominated country. To adress the issue of landlock I dnt fink eery country faces the sea evn israel! Ijawcitizen shud stop dissn asari cos he awoke the kaima declaration alone.I knw majority of SS tribes r scared of igbo domination but the greater evil is yorob n hausa leeches wth their conservative mentality! We all need this union n yorobs will shit their pants finkn of it which explains y they're battln here like market women to kill it! Lol they haf failed. One fing remains certain igbo sons will nt grace the battle field enmass xcept we face xtermination!
Yorobos is Yaribas,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

SERAP, Others Ask Court To Stop Spending Of ‘n37bn On NASS Renovation' / AEDC Disconnects Gov’t Offices In Niger State Over N1.9bn Debt / Jonathan Sets-Up Amnesty Committee For Boko-Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.