Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,635 members, 7,861,956 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 01:25 AM

Wazzap Athiests? What Label Do You Use And Other Questions! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wazzap Athiests? What Label Do You Use And Other Questions! (1922 Views)

OPEN AND SEE HOW POPULAR NAIRALAND ATHIESTS ACCEPT JESUS / ALL ATHIESTS Are GUILTY Of This / To Athiests, What Are Your Reasons For Dumping Religious Faith To Athiesm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wazzap Athiests? What Label Do You Use And Other Questions! by EvilBrain1(m): 8:25pm On May 05, 2013
Logicboy03:

Seen.

But ur an atheist

Yeah, but but I don't want to justify their belief that religion is the default position and I'm the one who is deviating from it.

There's no reason why there should be a word for someone who doesn't believe in something that doesn't make any sense. If life was fair, the religious folk would be called acommonsensists and atheists wouldn't need a label.
Re: Wazzap Athiests? What Label Do You Use And Other Questions! by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 05, 2013
Evil Brain:

Yeah, but but I don't want to justify their belief that religion is the default position and I'm the one who is deviating fro it.

There's no reason why there should be a word for someone who doesn't believe in something that doesn't make any sense. If life was fair, the religious folk would be called acommonsensists and atheists wouldn't need a label.

Agreed bro....agreed.
Re: Wazzap Athiests? What Label Do You Use And Other Questions! by Qkeyxyz: 4:04pm On May 06, 2013
Funny how you guys keep going: "I don't like labels, blah blah blah". Ok, are you now ashamed of what you are? It's simple, you don't believe in god therefore you are an atheist: what is there to be ashamed of? If you are sure of what your convictions and beliefs are, then stick with it. All this "I don't like labels" bulls.hit clearly show you guys have succumbed to the mind-control schemes of the "elites" who want to control your thoughts, actions and reactions. What is wrong with the word atheist, agnostic, secularist, humanist, etc?? You are delusional when You tell us you are free, yet you are scared of ordinary, good, identifier words.

It's just like many black people today have been turned into zombies: They take offense at being referred to as "black", because that is how their mind-controllers want them to think and behave. Black is now a dirty, derogatory and racist word. When I look at or read about these i.diots react with outrage and emotions because some other i.diot calls them "black", I just SMH. And this is precisely what you "drones" are submitting to with your "i don't like labels..." programmed, output recitals. Please think for yourselves and earn your own self respect.

I leave you with a saying of Paul the christian apostle, who is clearly by miles, more respectable than the garbage, wimpish mentality of you so-called "liberated", atheist lot:

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek(Romans 1:16 )
Re: Wazzap Athiests? What Label Do You Use And Other Questions! by Nobody: 4:33pm On May 06, 2013
Qkeyxyz: Funny how you guys keep going: "I don't like labels, blah blah blah". Ok, are you now ashamed of what you are? It's simple, you don't believe in god therefore you are an atheist: what is there to be ashamed of?
However you want to define it is your business. My views should be considered independent of belief in God or not.. simple.... I think independently... I may agree with a theist today, tomorrow an atheist, the next day a pagan.. People should learn to look beyond tags.
Re: Wazzap Athiests? What Label Do You Use And Other Questions! by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 06, 2013
Qkeyxyz: Funny how you guys keep going: "I don't like labels, blah blah blah". Ok, are you now ashamed of what you are? It's simple, you don't believe in god therefore you are an atheist: what is there to be ashamed of? If you are sure of what your convictions and beliefs are, then stick with it. All this "I don't like labels" bulls.hit clearly show you guys have succumbed to the mind-control schemes of the "elites" who want to control your thoughts, actions and reactions. What is wrong with the word atheist, agnostic, secularist, humanist, etc?? You are delusional when You tell us you are free, yet you are scared of ordinary, good, identifier words.

It's just like many black people today have been turned into zombies: They take offense at being referred to as "black", because that is how their mind-controllers want them to think and behave. Black is now a dirty, derogatory and racist word. When I look at or read about these i.diots react with outrage and emotions because some other i.diot calls them "black", I just SMH. And this is precisely what you "drones" are submitting to with your "i don't like labels..." programmed, output recitals. Please think for yourselves and earn your own self respect.

I leave you with a saying of Paul the christian apostle, who is clearly by miles, more respectable than the garbage, wimpish mentality of you so-called "liberated", atheist lot:

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek(Romans 1:16 )

lol....how foolish. grin grin grin grin

Atheists dont think alike one everything, even on this issue of labels. I clearly stated that I am a humanist and atheists.

However, atheists still have the right to hate labels.

-there is no word for those who dont believe in saNTA just as there should be none for those that believe in god but religious bigotry killed commonsense.

-every human is in a way a humanist to some degree.

Problem with labels is that it leads to stereotypes.

I am cool with whatever side one picks- labels or no labels.

Just as you call yourself a christian, I label you a Jewish slave.

"Christian" is even a dirty label in some places *bokoland*

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Forgive Abusive Parents / Seperate Yourself From Religious Bondage Today. The Right Way! / The Ark Of The Covenant Is In Ethiopia!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.