Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Seperate Yourself From Religious Bondage Today. The Right Way! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Seperate Yourself From Religious Bondage Today. The Right Way! (1878 Views)

The Right Way To Preach About Hell - Milton Goh / Share Something Nasty You Have Heard From Religious People Recently / What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seperate Yourself From Religious Bondage Today. The Right Way! by KingGBsky(m): 1:20am On Mar 16, 2017
Let us all enjoy the world and what it brings. But know, just as it was in the time of Noah so will it be with all this people claiming religion. both christians, Muslims, atheist and whatever nonsense religion all over the place causing divisions and caos all over the place.
Christ did not die for the sake of Christian religion to be formed. He died for man to be saved from the shackles of hell and gain freedom from sin, then live in liberty with Him(Christ) forever more.
Religion is the tool from the devil to cause division in this world.
Even in the christian religion, division everywhere. People even preaching for others to leave their place of worship to cone worship in their parish because they believe their's is better.
If you want to make heaven its simple. Surrender your life to Christ for He has the key to life and death. Choose life today and you would make heaven. Not better or the best life on earth but heaven.
What most of our pastors preach about a better life is not the way of Christ. He came to die for our sins and promise He is going to prepare a place for us. A place in paradice, heaven where we will be with Him when we leave this world.
Take your mind of this world sometimes and live a life worthy of being with Christ in the heavenly places and you will make it to heaven is that simple.
Read the word of God so you do mot fall a prey both to sinners and even pastors and prophets in the church.
My life belongs to God and bot to any man of God or prophet. I know His Word and I learn more everyday.
I pray the Holy Spirit dwells in our heart to lead us in the way of TRUTH.

2 Likes

Re: Seperate Yourself From Religious Bondage Today. The Right Way! by marshalcarter: 1:42am On Mar 16, 2017
O.Y.O bro
Re: Seperate Yourself From Religious Bondage Today. The Right Way! by luvmijeje(f): 5:09am On Mar 16, 2017
Amen. I also wish and pray that every Christians have personal encounter with God. Reading his words is the first step

1 Like

Re: Seperate Yourself From Religious Bondage Today. The Right Way! by KingGBsky(m): 9:27am On Mar 16, 2017
luvmijeje:
Amen. I also wish and pray that every Christians have personal encounter with God. Reading his words is the first step

That is just it "personal encounter"
and I believe that is the reason we have education. People especially Nigerians enslaved themselves to pastors/prophet simply because they do not know the truth. They take whatever is told them as what they should believe.
Christ came to die for our sins for we to be close to God. He said He in us and we in Him and God in us and we in God and so made sons of God, for He lives on us.
Re: Seperate Yourself From Religious Bondage Today. The Right Way! by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 16, 2017
KingGBsky:

and I believe that is the reason we have education. People especially Nigerians enslaved themselves to pastors/prophet simply because they do not know the truth. They take whatever is told them as what they should believe.
Christ came to die for our sins for we to be close to God. He said He in us and we in Him and God in us and we in God and so made sons of God, for He lives on us.

"Don't forsake the fellowship of thy brethren", you need other Christians

1 Like

Re: Seperate Yourself From Religious Bondage Today. The Right Way! by KingGBsky(m): 9:56am On Mar 16, 2017
Pidgin2:

"Don't forsake the fellowship of thy brethren", you need other Christians

broda I go to church. Ofcourse I have to worship God with others.
l am not condemning Christian religion as most of us came to see the light through it, but the division in Christianity today is dividing and making people drift from God the more, especially those who worship both their pastors and God altogether. A lot of people abandon church when they see a man of God go wrong but if you have a close encounter with God you will know we are all human in the first place amd who we need is The Creator God through His Son Jesus Christ.
Re: Seperate Yourself From Religious Bondage Today. The Right Way! by ScepticalPyrrho: 10:04am On Mar 16, 2017
KingGBsky,

You think that makes you some kinda Christian Batman?

If you want to be as you claim. Start on a clean slate. Debunk the bible, also. Then study all other ancient books before choosing to follow the bible stories.
Re: Seperate Yourself From Religious Bondage Today. The Right Way! by jom28gy(m): 11:31am On Mar 16, 2017
All these things doesn't saves one.rather,loving one another does
Re: Seperate Yourself From Religious Bondage Today. The Right Way! by KingGBsky(m): 11:38am On Mar 16, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
KingGBsky,

You think that makes you some kinda Christian Batman?

If you want to be as you claim. Start on a clean slate. Debunk the bible, also. Then study all other ancient books before choosing to follow the bible stories.

This is were you getting it all wrong. The bible is always there as our guide to eternal life.
Without the bible ( the Word Of God) then we are lost.
Get me right. The word Christian is Christ like as it was given to us by pagans who called the early follower of Christ. Christians meaning Christ like in Antioch.
I do not believe anyone in this world can ever be like Christ. Trying to be like Christ is what gives room to all form of sin in the first place.
I believe I am a FOLLOWER of Christ, by so doing, following His ways, His teachings and doing, acting on all he teaches is to do in this world until He comes to take us home.
Re: Seperate Yourself From Religious Bondage Today. The Right Way! by JackBizzle: 11:47am On Mar 16, 2017
KingGBsky:

This is were you getting it all wrong. The bible is always there as our guide to eternal life.
Get me right. The word Christian is Christ like as it was given to us by pagans who called the early follower of Christ. Christians meaning Christ like in Antioch.
I do not believe anyone in this world can ever be like Christ. Trying to be like Christ is what gives room to all form of sin in the first place.
I believe I am a FOLLOWER of Christ, by so doing, following His ways, His teachings and doing, acting on all he teaches is to do in this world until He comes to take us home.

undecided

I smell alternate moniker.....
Re: Seperate Yourself From Religious Bondage Today. The Right Way! by ScepticalPyrrho: 11:52am On Mar 16, 2017
KingGBsky:

Who told you all this?
Re: Seperate Yourself From Religious Bondage Today. The Right Way! by KingGBsky(m): 12:15pm On Mar 16, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
Who told you all this?
This is the simple truth of what I have learned since I was a Child. I believe in Christ. I believe in God, I believe in The Holy Ghost. I believe in the TRUTH.
Re: Seperate Yourself From Religious Bondage Today. The Right Way! by ScepticalPyrrho: 5:45pm On Mar 16, 2017
KingGBsky:

This is the simple truth of what I have learned since I was a Child.
I believe in Christ. I believe in God, I believe in The Holy Ghost.
I believe in the TRUTH.
You are an indoctrinated and very religious person.

Your title is absolutely misleading.
Re: Seperate Yourself From Religious Bondage Today. The Right Way! by KingGBsky(m): 10:02am On Mar 17, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
You are an indoctrinated and very religious person.

Your title is absolutely misleading.

That is the problem.
Being a follower of Christ don't have to be religion. The apostles who where the first preachers of the Word where never in any form of religion. They only believed in God and do the work of Christ.
Where is the freedom in being religious.
Re: Seperate Yourself From Religious Bondage Today. The Right Way! by ScepticalPyrrho: 10:43am On Mar 17, 2017
KingGBsky:

That is the problem.
Being a follower of Christ don't have to be religion. The apostles who where the first preachers of the Word where never in any form of religion. They only believed in God and do the work of Christ.
Where is the freedom in being religious.
Check up the definition of religion.
Re: Seperate Yourself From Religious Bondage Today. The Right Way! by KingGBsky(m): 1:16pm On Mar 17, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
Check up the definition of religion.

show me were in the bible religion was written.
Re: Seperate Yourself From Religious Bondage Today. The Right Way! by ScepticalPyrrho: 2:44pm On Mar 17, 2017
KingGBsky:

show me were in the bible religion was written.
This is an irrelevant request.
Re: Seperate Yourself From Religious Bondage Today. The Right Way! by KingGBsky(m): 3:46pm On Mar 17, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
This is an irrelevant request.

First let me change the topic.
But you still have to tell me were religion is in the bible.
Think about of its causing more of division than bringing us into the body of Christ.
Re: Seperate Yourself From Religious Bondage Today. The Right Way! by ScepticalPyrrho: 3:52pm On Mar 17, 2017
KingGBsky:

First let me change the topic.
But you still have to tell me were religion is in the bible.
Think about of its causing more of division than bringing us into the body of Christ.
You mean a religious group?

People who share same faith/belief system. Others who agree with your "body of christ" doctrine?

Yes, anyone who subscribes is religious no matter how you flip this.
Re: Seperate Yourself From Religious Bondage Today. The Right Way! by KingGBsky(m): 3:55pm On Mar 17, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:

People who share same faith/belief system. Others who agree with your "body of christ" doctrine?

No definitely not. You don't have to be religious to k ow God. Religion is just a world thing for distraction from the truth.
Re: Seperate Yourself From Religious Bondage Today. The Right Way! by KingGBsky(m): 4:06pm On Mar 17, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:

This is the new topic now.
Re: Seperate Yourself From Religious Bondage Today. The Right Way! by ScepticalPyrrho: 4:19pm On Mar 17, 2017
KingGBsky:

This is the new topic now.
KingGBsky:

No definitely not. You don't have to be religious to k ow God. Religion is just a world thing for distraction from the truth.
Let's assume I accept your above position to be true and I became a believer by following your preaching.

Doesn't that make me religious?

I have simply separated(switched) from one religious ideology to another.
Re: Seperate Yourself From Religious Bondage Today. The Right Way! by KingGBsky(m): 9:48am On Mar 18, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:

Let's assume I accept your above position to be true and I became a believer by following your preaching.

Doesn't that make me religious?

I have simply separated(switched) from one religious ideology to another.

Accepting Christ as your personal Lord and Savior is not a religion. as religion is a matter of discuss to see whos is better than the other.
You feel complete freedom and know where you belong in this world and exactly were you are going.
It comes with a complete peace of mind.
Re: Seperate Yourself From Religious Bondage Today. The Right Way! by Boss13: 9:52am On Mar 18, 2017
KingGBsky:

Certainly right. What church goers do is pastor worship and reverence

1 Like

Re: Seperate Yourself From Religious Bondage Today. The Right Way! by Boss13: 9:53am On Mar 18, 2017
KingGBsky:

Accepting Christ as your personal Lord and Savior is not a religion. as religion is a matter of discuss to see whos is better than the other.
You feel complete freedom and know where you belong in this world and exactly were you are going.
It comes with a complete peace of mind.

This is not true. Pray sincerely for TRUTH and it shall be revealed
Re: Seperate Yourself From Religious Bondage Today. The Right Way! by KingGBsky(m): 10:08am On Mar 18, 2017
Boss13:

This is not true. Pray sincerely for TRUTH and it shall be revealed

What we ever need and all we ever need for a better life and to be free from Satan's devices is Christ. Nothing else
Re: Seperate Yourself From Religious Bondage Today. The Right Way! by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 18, 2017
Certainly Christ is everything the world need.
And a follower of Christ is certainly a Christian. Christianity is actually not a religion. But alot of people have made it a religion that is why they are actually not enjoying it.
Re: Seperate Yourself From Religious Bondage Today. The Right Way! by KingGBsky(m): 10:32am On Mar 18, 2017
Junia:
And a follower of Christ is certainly a Christian. Christianity is actually not a religion. But alot of people have made it a religion that is why they are actually not enjoying it.

Oga it is a religion.
It is a religion. Tell me how it is not a religion?
Re: Seperate Yourself From Religious Bondage Today. The Right Way! by KingGBsky(m): 10:41am On Mar 18, 2017
I wonder how people are actually being led by the Holy Spirit, when they dedicate their whole heart to their man of God. When he does right or wrong.
Being a follower and carrier of Christ brings you complete freedom and liberty. You get a friend in the Holy Ghost. what does that mean? It means He teaches you and discusses with you in the right way to go. He is a Friend a perfect Friend. Your companion.
Now the pastors tells you to pay %10 of tithe from the old testament and refuses to comply with the other laws of Moses. Is that not confusing.
I believe according to the bible a cheerful giver. A cheerful giver gives without condition. You can give all you have for a cause you believe in. To help the poor, needy and save a life.
Were is the freedom when you are told exactly whaat you are to do when you have they Holy Spirit.
Re: Seperate Yourself From Religious Bondage Today. The Right Way! by Nobody: 11:45am On Mar 18, 2017
KingGBsky:

Oga it is a religion.
It is a religion. Tell me how it is not a religion?
Religion is “the belief in and worship of a
superhuman controlling power, especially a personal
God or gods.” In that respect, Christianity can be
classified as a religion.
However, practically speaking, Christianity has a key
difference that separates it from other belief systems
that are considered religions. That difference is
relationship. Most religion, theistic or otherwise, is
man-centered. Any relationship with God is based on
man’s works. A theistic religion, such as Judaism or
Islam, holds to the belief in a supreme God or gods;
while non-theistic religions, such as Buddhism and
Hinduism, focus on metaphysical thought patterns
and spiritual “energies.” But most religions are
similar in that they are built upon the concept that
man can reach a higher power or state of being
through his own efforts. In most religions, man is the
aggressor and the deity is the beneficiary of man’s
efforts, sacrifices, or good deeds.
In that regard, Christianity is not a religion; it is a
relationship that God has established with His
children. In Christianity, God is the aggressor and
man is the beneficiary ( Romans 8:3 ). The Bible
states clearly that there is nothing man can do to
make himself right with God ( Isaiah 53:6 ; 64:6 ;
Romans 3:23 ; 6:23 ). According to Christianity, God
did for us what we cannot do for ourselves
( Colossians 2:13 ; 2 Corinthians 5:21 ). Our sin
separates us from His presence, and sin must be
punished ( Romans 6:23 ; Matthew 10:28 ; 23:33 ).
But, because God loves us, He took our punishment
upon Himself. All we must do is accept God’s gift of
salvation through faith ( Ephesians 2:8–9 ; 2
Corinthians 5:21 ). Grace is God’s blessing on the
undeserving.
Christianity is not about signing up for a religion.
Christianity is about being born into the family of God
( John 3:3 ). It is a relationship. Just as an adopted
child has no power to create an adoption, we have no
power to join the family of God by our own efforts.
We can only accept His invitation to know Him as
Father through adoption ( Ephesians 1:5 ; Romans
8:15 ). When we join His family through faith in the
death and resurrection of Jesus, the Holy Spirit
comes to live inside our hearts ( 1 Corinthians 6:19 ;
Luke 11:13 ; 2 Corinthians 1:21–22 ). He then empowers us to live like children of the King. He
does not ask us to try to attain holiness by our own
strength, as religion does. He asks that our old self
be crucified with Him so that His power can live
through us ( Galatians 2:20 ; Romans 6:6 ). God
wants us to know Him, to draw near to Him, to pray
to Him, and love Him above everything. That is not
religion; that is a relationship.
Re: Seperate Yourself From Religious Bondage Today. The Right Way! by Nobody: 11:56am On Mar 18, 2017
KingGBsky:
I wonder how people are actually being led by the Holy Spirit, when they dedicate their whole heart to their man of God. When he does right or wrong.
Being a follower and carrier of Christ brings you complete freedom and liberty. You get a friend in the Holy Ghost. what does that mean? It means He teaches you and discusses with you in the right way to go. He is a Friend a perfect Friend. Your companion.
Now the pastors tells you to pay %10 of tithe from the old testament and refuses to comply with the other laws of Moses. Is that not confusing.
I believe according to the bible a cheerful giver. A cheerful giver gives without condition. You can give all you have for a cause you believe in. To help the poor, needy and save a life.
Were is the freedom when you are told exactly whaat you are to do when you have they Holy Spirit.
Its sad brother. Its soo sad. That now Christians always believe everything their pastor tell them. They won't search The Word to know The Truth.
We are not under the law of Moses, therefore we are not under the law of tithing.
We can tithe (give 10%), or give even less or more. God loves a cheerful giver. And God will not curse anyone for not tithing as some preachers say.

1 Like

Re: Seperate Yourself From Religious Bondage Today. The Right Way! by Aquiprsy: 1:26pm On Mar 18, 2017
Junia:

This line of arguments presents the believers in Jesus Christ, as dumb, before the heathen.

The comprehensive activities/behavior that defines the relationship of human with God, is defined as religion.

Religion is a way of life, that describes the totality of human relationships with God.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Women Fall Under The Anointing More Than Men? / 13 Psalms That Can Set You Free From Evil Bondage / Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin’s Church, Mercyland Catches Fire – [video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.