Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,374 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil (6765 Views)

Vehicle Is Burning On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photos) / Burning Vehicle Along Lagos-ibadan Express Causes Traffic (photos) / My Coil Spring And Tire, Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil by charlesazeh(m): 6:05pm On May 04, 2013
pls help....my Nissan Maxima keeps burning my coil, since i changed my brainbox...what can i do? pls ur advice
Re: Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil by nissparts(m): 8:23pm On May 04, 2013
Change the fusebox
Re: Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:57pm On May 04, 2013
charlesazeh: pls help....my Nissan Maxima keeps burning my coil, since i changed my brainbox...what can i do? pls ur advice

When you changed the ECU

was the ECU from the same car and model and engine size

what the reason you changed the original ECU
Re: Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil by nissparts(m): 11:40pm On May 04, 2013
On second thoughts, check the ground cable connection from the battery to the transmission. If it looks funny at all, change it completely. There is a higher chance your issue is grounding related than a fusebox issue.
Re: Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil by charlesazeh(m): 2:59am On May 05, 2013
ZIM DRILL:

When you changed the ECU

what the reason you changed the original ECU

the ECU in my car had a number on it (MW) but the once i have been changing are GC BA AG...someone said i have o get the exact number MW before it can work fine
Re: Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil by charlesazeh(m): 3:02am On May 05, 2013
nissparts: On second thoughts, check the ground cable connection from the battery to the transmission. If it looks funny at all, change it completely. There is a higher chance your issue is grounding related than a fusebox issue.

i will give my electrician to check it out for me....i just wish it works...i have been to hell cos of the problem..
Re: Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil by cretin: 5:43pm On May 05, 2013
run a second ground cable from ur negative batt terminal to the chassis/frame of the car...make sure u fix it to the unpainted part and use a thick strong cable
Re: Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil by alphaconde(m): 8:36pm On May 05, 2013
cretin: run a second ground cable from ur negative batt terminal to the chassis/frame of the car...make sure u fix it to the unpainted part and use a thick strong cable
Is this not what they call earthing?
Re: Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil by cretin: 2:19pm On May 06, 2013
yup its grounding/earthing......hv a bad grounding in a car can cause myriad of problems which can leave u confused
Re: Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil by splendore(m): 6:08pm On May 06, 2013
A friend have been having the same issue although his car is Nissan Titan and it all started when he replaced the ECU. The thing has destroyed over 70 coils! I am really interested in this topic, contributions will be highly appreciated.
Re: Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil by Nobody: 9:25pm On May 06, 2013
ZIM DRILL:

When you changed the ECU

I think the solution must proceed from this question.
Re: Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil by nissparts(m): 8:53am On May 07, 2013
Not really.
As long as it's a maxima 04-07 ECU it will not cause his current issue.
The worst that can happen if he gets one with a different character sequence from the original is that some functionality MAY not work.
Re: Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 07, 2013
nissparts: Not really.
As long as it's a maxima 04-07 ECU it will not cause his current issue.
The worst that can happen if he gets one with a different character sequence from the original is that some functionality MAY not work.
But that's the point: Does he have "a maxima 04-07 ECU"?
Re: Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil by splendore(m): 1:18pm On May 07, 2013
@Costee, Even if he puts exactly the same ECU, it will still burn the coils. Just like nissanparts said some functionality will not work but not to burn coils.
Re: Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 07, 2013
splendore: @Costee, Even if he puts exactly the same ECU, it will still burn the coils. Just like nissanparts said some functionality will not work but not to burn coils.
Ok then. In that case I guess you are zeroing the problem to improper installation of the ECU.
Re: Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil by splendore(m): 8:08pm On May 07, 2013
dont think so. If the ECU is not properly fixed,the car will not even start in the first place
Re: Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil by charlesazeh(m): 4:51am On May 09, 2013
@ Niassanparts...are you saying that the ECU can not cause the coil to burn? and please i live in asaba.. can i invite your elect man to come and do the job for me....i am really not happy abt this pls...
Re: Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil by charlesazeh(m): 5:03am On May 09, 2013
How do i know if the ECU is from the same 04-07 maxima...cos i just discovered the car uses same ECU with Maurano
Re: Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil by nissparts(m): 8:33am On May 09, 2013
Below is your ECU.
It is not the same as murano.
It SHOULD not however cause your coils to fry if you have installed a wrong one.
Coil frying is PRIMARILY caused by grounding/earthing problems.
If you want to be satisfied however that your ECU is not the culprit, you can contact me to order your particular ECU.

Re: Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil by cretin: 9:47am On May 09, 2013
have already told him to run a 2nd ground wire.............he appears not to believe me.

wrong ecu will make u car behave funny/not start.......burning coils is not among its symptoms.

@poster...pls state ur original ecm nos...also peeps who have thjat particualr car could help u cross check with their nos.
Re: Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil by charlesazeh(m): 2:21pm On May 09, 2013
dear Nisspart, thanks to you and cretin...i have just called my electrician to run the earth wire tomorrow...and pls How much is the ECU i will also love to buy it...you shall deliver it to asaba upon the receipt of my funds in your acc...... so once i run an earth wire to the negative battery head it will not fry my coil again ? im so happy for you have saved me from pains
Re: Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil by charlesazeh(m): 10:27am On May 21, 2013
The electrician checked and found out that theres no earth cable to the negative batt terminal! So he ran the grounding cable to the chasis to the gearbox, but the coil is still frying.. Thank you for helping me discover my car had no earthing...but pls what else can be done to stop the coils from burning..please help,
Re: Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil by nissparts(m): 11:57pm On May 21, 2013
The ECU is probably already bad.
Does the car start?
Re: Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil by nissparts(m): 12:21am On May 22, 2013
Also have someone check that the alternator is not putting out more than 14v
Re: Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil by charlesazeh(m): 3:50pm On May 25, 2013
The alternator runs down my battery too.. But the car moves... Can the alternator cos the coil to fry? Pls I need all help I can get now, wish some elect can come help me from lag, tired of dis Asaba elect and mech!
Re: Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil by SpaceAngel: 3:38pm On May 26, 2013

1 Like

Re: Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 26, 2013

1 Like

Re: Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil by charlesazeh(m): 10:15pm On Jun 03, 2013
Thanks to you all! My maxima works perfectly now
Re: Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil by nissparts(m): 10:32pm On Jun 03, 2013
Oga, that's not enough.
For the sake of others who may have this issue next time, tell them how it was resolved.

3 Likes

Re: Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil by charlesazeh(m): 6:50am On Jun 04, 2013
Sorry Nissanparts, I ran an earthing cable to the chases then to the transmission.. Then I bought a new ECU that's all and now my car move smoothly... Thanks Nisanparts and cretin for your help.. God bless you all

2 Likes

Re: Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil by nissparts(m): 8:54am On Jun 04, 2013
Great.

(1) (2) (Reply)

P2227 Code And AC Issue On A 2005 Honda. Pls Advice! / Top 10 Stock Sleepers (you’re Better Off Leaving Alone) + PICS / How To Have Fun On A Road Trip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.