Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

please help: RPM Too High On My 2005 Toyota Camry - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / please help: RPM Too High On My 2005 Toyota Camry (6529 Views)

My Car Has A High Idle Rpm / Can I Remove The Propeller In My 2005 Murano? / My 2005 Toyota Camry Is Giving Me These Codes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

please help: RPM Too High On My 2005 Toyota Camry by replete(m): 10:49pm On Jun 18, 2015
Even when idling, the RPM of my toyota camry gets to 2000 rpm but drops down to about 1200 rpm when the gear is engaged. This started after servicing the injector pls what cud be the problem and what can I do?
Car gurus in the house.
Re: please help: RPM Too High On My 2005 Toyota Camry by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:54pm On Jun 18, 2015
replete:
Even when idling, the RPM of my toyota camry gets to 2000 rpm but drops down to about 1200 rpm when the gear is engaged. This started after servicing the injector pls what cud be the problem and what can I do?
Car gurus in the house.

What exactly did you service?
Re: please help: RPM Too High On My 2005 Toyota Camry by FullDepth1: 6:06am On Jun 19, 2015
Dont worry, Its a small thing.

I had this problem, and almost destroyed my car trying to Solve it, until i found a very 10mins solution.

Take it to a Good Scan/Diagnostic Centre.

The Diagnostic tool will be connected to it, and will be used to simply Reduce the RPM, by an "IDLE RELEARN PROCESS".

N:B 'There are range of diagnostic tools that can do this' .. They should understand your problem there.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: please help: RPM Too High On My 2005 Toyota Camry by replete(m): 10:00am On Jun 19, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

What exactly did you service?
I serviced the injector Gazzuzz..
Re: please help: RPM Too High On My 2005 Toyota Camry by replete(m): 10:01am On Jun 19, 2015
FullDepth1:
Dont worry, Its a small thing.

I had this problem, and almost destroyed my car trying to Solve it, until i found a very 10mins solution.

Take it to a Good Scan/Diagnostic Centre.

The Diagnostic tool will be connected to it, and will be used to simply Reduce the RPM, by an "IDLE RELEARN PROCESS".

N:B 'There are range of diagnostic tools that can do this' .. They should understand your problem there.

Cheers!
That easy? Thanks I will do that today.
Re: please help: RPM Too High On My 2005 Toyota Camry by replete(m): 10:55pm On Jun 19, 2015
The electrician checked the injector valve and noticed it has a gap i.e. it doesn't close back completely as expected. We fixed another one and the rpm went normal but engine refused to rev because the one we fixed was for 2007 model and just used to check if the injector valve was the problem. So I need to get a compatible one tomorrow. Thanks ya'll.
Re: please help: RPM Too High On My 2005 Toyota Camry by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:09am On Jun 20, 2015
replete:
The electrician checked the injector valve and noticed it has a gap i.e. it doesn't close back completely as expected. We fixed another one and the rpm went normal but engine refused to rev because the one we fixed was for 2007 model and just used to check if the injector valve was the problem. So I need to get a compatible one tomorrow. Thanks ya'll.

The source of the mishap which might cost you some cash is the way your throttle body was serviced. The technician used his hand to manually push the throttle body open, I don't. Go that way cause iv noticed it could damage the mechanical gears within the throttle body, instead it becomes a 2 man job, with one person pressing the Gas pedal (with the ignition turned on engine not running)and the other person spraying and cleaning the inside of the throttle body.

If you are in lagos, before you spend money buying a new throttle body, bring urs let's see if it can still be salvaged. 08023251039

1 Like

Re: please help: RPM Too High On My 2005 Toyota Camry by debsty(m): 10:45am On Jun 20, 2015
Hi All, I have a similar issue like that of the Op but mine is kinda in the other direction.
When I start up in the morning,it revs up to 2000rpm but goes down back to below 1000rpm while still idling. However when I am moving and even up to speeds of 100km/hr, the rpm never goes above 2000rpm, it just stays there. I also noticed the car is a bit lazy in picking up speed ,it just takes its time picking up to high speeds. I have a personal diagnostic tool but there is no DTC shown.
Anyone know what could be the problem here?
Thanks.
Re: please help: RPM Too High On My 2005 Toyota Camry by replete(m): 12:34pm On Jun 20, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

The source of the mishap which might cost you some cash is the way your throttle body was serviced. The technician used his hand to manually push the throttle body open, I don't. Go that way cause iv noticed it could damage the mechanical gears within the throttle body, instead it becomes a 2 man job, with one person pressing the Gas pedal (with the ignition turned on engine not running)and the other person spraying and cleaning the inside of the throttle body.

If you are in lagos, before you spend money buying a new throttle body, bring urs let's see if it can still be salvaged. 08023251039
You are right, I actually saw him prodding it with a screw driver but didn't know it cud cause any harm. Am actually in PH and planning to visit ikoku to get another one. Thanks
Re: please help: RPM Too High On My 2005 Toyota Camry by swissobed: 11:50am On Feb 09, 2018
Please where can I correct mine same issue?
Re: please help: RPM Too High On My 2005 Toyota Camry by tolumoks: 11:56am On May 29, 2020
Good day, pls my camry 2005 gives a very high rpm like it is revving when I start it and it stays that way. Pls help
Re: please help: RPM Too High On My 2005 Toyota Camry by NaijadrivaCars: 12:32pm On May 29, 2020
Na this matter we de resolve for kazeem workshop since morning.

1 Like

Re: please help: RPM Too High On My 2005 Toyota Camry by AutoMoTech(m): 3:14pm On May 29, 2020
tolumoks:
Good day, pls my camry 2005 gives a very high rpm like it is revving when I start it and it stays that way. Pls help
possible causes are
dirty throttle body
vacuum leak among other things
Re: please help: RPM Too High On My 2005 Toyota Camry by Mmgboji(m): 4:15pm On May 29, 2020
tolumoks:

I'm sure your check engine light is illuminated. Just scan and extract the code. It will give you a clue as to what the problem is. I had similar problem on my camry 2004. It was sorted out by replacing the throttle body and Ecu. But that'll not be the case with yours. Mine was a long story.
Re: please help: RPM Too High On My 2005 Toyota Camry by AutoMoTech(m): 4:59pm On May 29, 2020
Mmgboji:

I'm sure your check engine light is illuminated. Just scan and extract the code. It will give you a clue as to what the problem is. I had similar problem on my camry 2004. It was sorted out by replacing the throttle body and Ecu. But that'll not be the case with yours. Mine was a long story.
Oya give us the gist na
Re: please help: RPM Too High On My 2005 Toyota Camry by Mmgboji(m): 5:30pm On May 29, 2020
AutoMoTech:

Oya give us the gist na

I shared it here when I had the issue https://www.nairaland.com/5586857/toyota-camry-2004-4-cylinder#85031936

(1) (Reply)

Camry 2007 AC Headache / Jiji Fake Buyers And Inquiries / Car Buying Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.