Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,439 members, 7,853,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 07:46 AM

2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread - Education (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread (592217 Views)

2015/2016 Uniport PG Admission Discussion Thread / A.B.U Zaria 2014/2015 Admission Thread / Uniport Admission List Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (457) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 29, 2013
Samgreguc:

ASUU wanna reap where they didn't sow. ¡RABBISH¡

As for the fresher talk, we knw it's after the second semester exams(i.e 3-4 months after the strike) but, does that mean we should be silent and dormant?
Thats y der r skilled professions. Am currently working nw sef cuz of d strike to avoid waste nd dormancy @ home. Which dept wer u admitted in?
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Nobody: 10:32pm On Nov 29, 2013
screenagerjoe: @kyle kent. I owe u chau @ sammies. Hit d nail on the head.

BTW.....Evribody has his opinion. D way d otox dude is attackin any1 dt post an opinion is BAD
Thanks 4 ur appreciation.Buh pls, there is no 1 as "d otoks dude" here.He is sir otokx n also commander-in-chief here.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Obilouchechukwu: 10:42pm On Nov 29, 2013
@otox You are been so transparent that even the blind can see through you.if ididn't knw u well enough i would have said that you are a member of ASUU, which i am kind of saying indirectly..my suggestion is that federal govt should put up a kind of report site wher any head strong lecturer should be reported.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by otokx(m): 11:16pm On Nov 29, 2013
Did you guys read the letter from ASUU to GEJ? Did you see anywhere where salary was mentioned? Lets be factual in our debate & be enlightened.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by otokx(m): 11:25pm On Nov 29, 2013
We are all equal on this thread; i'm only relaying to you the mood on ground with majority of the uniport lecturers.

There are some that want to teach about 5% or less mostly in the managerial cadre. The 95% will not teach until ASUU so directs but even at that there is internal crises which the uniport mgt must sort out before lectures can start.

If the mood changes otherwise you will be informed here first at least up to some point for as soundtruth has gone so will i go too for a while but not for long.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by otokx(m): 11:46pm On Nov 29, 2013
The about to be released revised school calender we hear will have the 2 sets of year 1 in school at the same time. This will be a wonderful thing, wonderful e pass wonder.

1 Like

Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Nerosoft19(m): 5:47am On Nov 30, 2013
otokx: The about to be released revised school calender we hear will have the 2 sets of year 1 in school at the same time. This will be a wonderful thing, wonderful e pass wonder.
wonders will neva end o. sir will it be 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 sessions year one dat will b together or 2013/2014 & 2014/2015?
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by otokx(m): 6:17am On Nov 30, 2013
2012/2013 and 2013/2014 to resume the same time.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Nerosoft19(m): 6:43am On Nov 30, 2013
otokx: 2012/2013 and 2013/2014 to resume the same time.
omg! Really funny but i like it.. @least i wil sti b in year one wit my csc coursemates.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Rayod: 6:55am On Nov 30, 2013
@ Sir otoks, why wasnt the basic list released on Friday? Is there any problem?
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by otokx(m): 8:19am On Nov 30, 2013
Rayod: @ Sir otoks, why wasnt the basic list released on Friday? Is there any problem?

There is no problem per se, there has not been electricity in the campus for like 3 weeks now forcing staff morale to an all time low and you may note that the heat has been very deadly in this particular time frame. This coming week will be full of drama and let us see how it goes.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Samgreguc(m): 9:05am On Nov 30, 2013
screenagerjoe: Thats y der r skilled professions. Am currently working nw sef cuz of d strike to avoid waste nd dormancy @ home. Which dept wer u admitted in?
Pharmacy.

1 Like

Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Obilouchechukwu: 9:30am On Nov 30, 2013
[red=#990000][/red] wht are the feared implications that may befall this unusualty of having two sets in the school at the same time?
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 30, 2013
otokx: Did you guys read the letter from ASUU to GEJ? Did you see anywhere where salary was mentioned? Lets be factual in our debate & be enlightened.

At sir otokx,i didn't read d letter...it wud ve been difficult 4 me 2 see it nt 2 talk of reading it.All my facts were culled 4rm d media n ds forum.Payment of their salary was amng d 3 demands ASUU gv 2 call off ds ongoing stirke,4rm wat i saw in ds forum.As u said in one of ur posts dat,d minister of education may nt ve delivered d letter 2 Mr president.Well,we dnt knw abt dat.I wud wnt u 2 enlighten us on ds.Buh,if ds demand of their salary is true,den,ASUU is a sham.D drama nxt week wud b a gud one 2 spectate,i foresee division in d union n lost of respect n recognition'Na who wan go hungry?' I stand 2 b corrected in all my facts n wrds.Peace!
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by otokx(m): 10:26am On Nov 30, 2013
The letter is available on this forum and also in the punch papers. There was no mention of salary. Next week is not far again, let us all take a chill pill, relax and enjoy the ride. Make sure you resume in school so that you give us first hand information.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Obilouchechukwu: 10:34am On Nov 30, 2013
Hello sir,, if ther ar to be 2 year1 students, wht harm could it cause? Should we xpect hardship?..is ther any closing date for round up of freshers?.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by otokx(m): 10:43am On Nov 30, 2013
Obilouchechukwu: Hello sir,, if ther ar to be 2 year1 students, wht harm could it cause? Should we xpect hardship?..is ther any closing date for round up of freshers?.

we will have to wait and see
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by nbright: 11:29am On Nov 30, 2013
It is only in Nigeria you see the President sitting for 13 hours with union leaders on any issue and at the end of the day, there will be no courtesy from the union.
"While the President was expecting feedback from ASUU leaders within 72 hours, they kept him in suspense for two weeks or more.
"And instead of feedback on where the talks stopped, ASUU leaders came up with fresh conditions when even during the negotiation, they admitted that some of the clauses in 2009 agreement cannot be implemented.
"The President is human. He now has every cause to believe that the strike action seems to have the backing of external forces seeking to bring his administration down. That was why he decided to come down hard on ASUU, too."
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by nbright: 11:32am On Nov 30, 2013
www.nairaland.com/1537097/ASUU-being-lambasted-fellow-lecturers
Many lecturers are even against ASUU... Only them and God knows what they are afraid of..
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by nbright: 11:40am On Nov 30, 2013
The leaders were awaiting the President’s invitation on the three conditions they tabled for the almost five -month strike to be called off.
The conditions are:
• commitment from the President that any review or reconsideration or renegotiation of the 2009 Agreement will not substantially
affect the Agreement which is the cause of the ongoing strike;
• immediate payment of all outstanding salary arrears and allowances of varsity teachers without victimisation;
and
•a written commitment from the President that the Federal Government will commit
N225billion annually to the funding of universities for the next four years.
ASUU’s letter was delivered to the Minister
through its Liaison Officer in Abuja.
But the minister has described the demand as outrageous.
Wike said: “I will have to see Mr. President to see how the government can go about this
development, which is not favourable. It is outrageous. ASUU is now making fresh demands and this will definitely need further discussion.”
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by otokx(m): 11:59am On Nov 30, 2013
Facts, no need to summarize, distort or mislead, to God be the glory kindly show us the word salary there.

Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by otokx(m): 12:04pm On Nov 30, 2013
nbright: Many lecturers are even against ASUU... Only them and God knows what they are afraid of..

Police we hear are being deployed to campuses, nobody is afraid, lecturers who wish to teach are advised to freely go and sign the attendance register and proceed to the classroom to lecture.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by collinselvicz: 12:19pm On Nov 30, 2013
now we r talkin , media n blogs av been carryin n feedin us with babish, sir otokz, how did u get a picture of the letter
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by ellyrichy(m): 12:59pm On Nov 30, 2013
collinselvicz: now we r talkin , media n blogs av been carryin n feedin us with babish, sir otokz, how did u get a picture of the letter
So tell us why the President is using coercion now. As for me I think the mastermind is Nyesom Wike, just come and see the underdevelopment in our university and this govt officials would send their wards to the best Yankee school with a lot of allowances with our countries wealth, please shine your eyes and don't be deceived by govt propaganda. Didn't they make militants billionaires and now they currently have their own private jets. What stops govt from committing and signing this already agreed document. Government is playing a psychological game on your people, cos one's bitten twice shy.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by ProfChris10(m): 1:18pm On Nov 30, 2013
Swt mother: Uniport is nt fair at all jus take a look at d money involv 4 jus registration,acceptanc fee 30k,accomo 20350,schul fees 85k....chai!! Na crime say we get admision?
not only uniport uniben too increased the fees
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Onogueks(m): 1:27pm On Nov 30, 2013
@Otoks, ASUU neglected students by not consulting them before going on strike. they claim to fight for our welfare yet they hold secret meetings which they didnt inform us. ASUU demands to be paid their salaries when they didnt work. then where are the salaries of students that have been at home for months? Fg hasn't been fair to ASUU and nigerians. in the same vein ASUU hasn't been fair to nigerian students. wish ASUU will pay our 5 months house rents wasted, then i will support fg to pay them too
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Nerosoft19(m): 2:10pm On Nov 30, 2013
u can neva fight n win d government.. Its impossible to kill a mosquito using a gun. kuddos to ASUU for d fight for better education but ryt now d whole fight seems just futile. Its a good fight but its been fought in d wrong way... Ryt now jonathan needs d youths for 2015 so this moves jus seems to b anada strategy to please dem n get dier support.. We all want to go baq to schl n he has sent us baq to schl. ASUU on the oda hand hav been too rigid, to get something from a politician u need to b political... ASUU has been adamant, religious leaders, parents even madmen hav appealed to dem for the past five months but still nothing.. This could b frustrating i really dont blame d goverment.... All i see now is betrayal, bcoz most of the lecturers who are in one voice now come 4th of december will jude d union n go to work. ASUU is just a union, dey dunt employ, dismis or pay anybody i bliv, those that wise will comply wit higher authority
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by otokx(m): 3:03pm On Nov 30, 2013
Onogueks: @Otoks, ASUU neglected students by not consulting them before going on strike. they claim to fight for our welfare yet they hold secret meetings which they didnt inform us. ASUU demands to be paid their salaries when they didnt work. then where are the salaries of students that have been at home for months? Fg hasn't been fair to ASUU and nigerians. in the same vein ASUU hasn't been fair to nigerian students. wish ASUU will pay our 5 months house rents wasted, then i will support fg to pay them too

Lets watch and see how things unfold, there is no need talking from today till tomorrow. The unpaid salaries will be paid whether you support them or not. You who have chosen to stay off camp will have to pay your rent when it expires. This is the harsh reality on ground.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by otokx(m): 3:10pm On Nov 30, 2013
Nerosoft19: u can neva fight n win d government.. Its impossible to kill a mosquito using a gun. kuddos to ASUU for d fight for better education but ryt now d whole fight seems just futile. Its a good fight but its been fought in d wrong way... Ryt now jonathan needs d youths for 2015 so this moves jus seems to b anada strategy to please dem n get dier support.. We all want to go baq to schl n he has sent us baq to schl. ASUU on the oda hand hav been too rigid, to get something from a politician u need to b political... ASUU has been adamant, religious leaders, parents even madmen hav appealed to dem for the past five months but still nothing.. This could b frustrating i really dont blame d goverment.... All i see now is betrayal, bcoz most of the lecturers who are in one voice now come 4th of december will jude d union n go to work. ASUU is just a union, dey dunt employ, dismis or pay anybody i bliv, those that wise will comply wit higher authority

There is freedom of decision, if a lecturer decides to go and sign the attendance register which in itself is an acceptance of slavery and goes to teach you nerosoft, the sky will not fall down neither will ASUU. Its not by highness of authority, 4th december will show you the power of the robustness of intellectuals in their resolve to withstand the tyranny of deceit. We have been down that road many times and we shall and must over come for the greater good of Nigeria.

There can be nothing like gentleman agreement; government must be held accountable to their words.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by otokx(m): 3:28pm On Nov 30, 2013
ellyrichy: So tell us why the President is using coercion now. As for me I think the mastermind is Nyesom Wike, just come and see the underdevelopment in our university and this govt officials would send their wards to the best Yankee school with a lot of allowances with our countries wealth, please shine your eyes and don't be deceived by govt propaganda. Didn't they make militants billionaires and now they currently have their own private jets. What stops govt from committing and signing this already agreed document. Government is playing a psychological game on your people, cos one's bitten twice shy.

Leadership in Nigeria is characterized by the art of sycophancy. Leaders surround themselves with people that will always give wrong counsel. The leaders make no effort to go into the followership to find out how they fare thus there is a disconnect.

When last did GEJ drive himself to the airports to see things for himself unannounced? If he just tried he would have seen that the contractors are not on ground talk less of doing any work as is the case in Port Harcourt Airport.

When last did the UNIPORT mgt stroll down to ofrimma MBA1 hall to see students receiving lectures in a badly lit and stuffy place? In fact with no nepa the lecturers voice is hadly heard by those standing in front and all around him. Those standing and sweating are more than those sitting and suffering who are in a different world for they are like the deaf, dumb & blind seeing the lecturers lips moving but hearing nothing, when he writes on the board they see nothing either.

Bad leadership is the reason for this strike to have lingered for so long. Government must provide lecture halls in proportion to the number of students the university has.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 30, 2013
Sir otokx is really on no retreat no surrender.Did i jst hear u say de must b paid 4 their salary 4 nt wrkin? Dt has nt been done anywhere in d wrld nt even in freetown.let's analyse sometin here
,if ASUU gets paid hu den will pay 4 d lost tym,know
ledge n wasted resources of d students?D game is simple FG lose some,ASUU lose some followed by d students.
D students tks a grter percentage of d lose followed by d union.Buh,d greedy union wnts 2 eat their cake n still ve it. Initially,wen d strike started d soon 2 b archaic union told d public dat,de r fighting 4 d benefits of d students.D students did nt knw ASUU ws fightin 4 dem sefs.It is shameful n disturbin dat d strike is 5 mnths pregnant.D students de claim 2 b fightin 4 dnt wnt again...y has d intellectuals refused 2 heed 2 ds? Simply because de r greedy n adamant.D drama will definitely unfold itsef cm next week n also,it will b a lovely one 2 follow.At sir otox,we shud knw dat d FG. appointed d union n nt d reverse.So, de ve every authority over dem.As 4 wat u aforementioned,d lectures will definitely
lose if de go 2 lecture halls unwillin 2 teach.D Govt. wnt lose anytin on ds nt a dime.U strongly support d union n as 4 uniport chapter,i'm only smh.De 'ogas' of d union r busy mkin cool money 4rm politicians n de r only here showin sincerity n solidarity.Tym will tell 4 everytin cos i knw a lecturer cnt b at home n sees hs/her chid at home doin ntin...simply because he is "striking".Last wrds,i knw u r nt even happy seein ur niece n nephew at home doin ntin.Peace!
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by otokx(m): 4:03pm On Nov 30, 2013
@kyle kent

This is no retreat no surrender fight to the death mode that WIKE has turned Nigeria to. Truth be told you students are on the receiving end. NANS knows it so they are taking a neutral stand. ASUU has never had their salaries withheld/forfeited in any strike - that is history and this wont be an exception. It is not a crime if students receive lectures in a conducive environment but if you are content receiving it in the open field - kudos to you. This Nigeria belongs to Nigerians so if WIKE wants to sack all the lecturers let him try it - surprise will be definition of his countenance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (457) (Reply)

IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. / 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.