Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,037 members, 7,866,923 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:15 AM

2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread - Education (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread (593194 Views)

2015/2016 Uniport PG Admission Discussion Thread / A.B.U Zaria 2014/2015 Admission Thread / Uniport Admission List Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (457) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Tobexin(m): 3:18pm On Dec 01, 2013
Happy new month to you all
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Samgreguc(m): 3:54pm On Dec 01, 2013
Samgreguc: Sir Otokx, don't get people decieved; tell them what the "C"(the third demand) in that letter means...... I mean the "non-victimization clause" _ isn't it about salary?
What does it mean not to be victimize? or don't you know withhelding their salary as said is victimizing them? And their third demand in that letter is gramatically asking for their salary arreas.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by sapien(m): 3:56pm On Dec 01, 2013
otokx:

That is where your student union should gather you peeps together and protest. ASUU too will then join you guys in grounding the university to ensure a drastic reduction but instead the students are saying ASUU should be lenient to FG or some rubbish.
What are you protesting? You want to gather a dysfunctional, vitually non-existent Uniport SUG to protest reduction of the 'astronomical' school fees? @Debbylily, Is 77,000NGN expensive? Go to Lasu, Eksu, Ebsu, OOU and some other state Universities and check out the tuition the students are paying on yearly basis! You guys should be thankful that University education has been highly subsidized by the federal government, else you guys would be paying through your noses for higher education. How much are you gonna pay in your subsequent years? Less than 30k and you peeps are complaining? I paid 27k in my sophomore and I actually think it's relatively cheap compared to what some of my friends pay in private and state Universities. If you think education is expensive, try ignorance!
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Samgreguc(m): 4:11pm On Dec 01, 2013
sapien: What are you protesting? You want to gather a dysfunctional, vitually non-existent Uniport SUG to protest reduction of the 'astronomical' school fees? @Debbylily, Is 77,000NGN expensive? Go to Lasu, Eksu, Ebsu, OOU and some other state Universities and check out the tuition the students are paying on yearly basis! You guys should be thankful that University education has been highly subsidized by the federal government, else you guys would be paying through your noses for higher education. How much are you gonna pay in your subsequent years? Less than 30k and you peeps are complaining? I paid 27k in my sophomore and I actually think it's relatively cheap compared to what some of my friends pay in private and state Universities. If you think education is expensive, try ignorance!
Those schools you mentioned are state uniss and UNIPORT is a federal uni so, don't make such comparison. Be truthful to yourself, an increament by 200% is it fair(talking of acceptance fees)
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by sapien(m): 6:07pm On Dec 01, 2013
Samgreguc:
Those schools you mentioned are state uniss and UNIPORT is a federal uni so, don't make such comparison. Be truthful to yourself, an increament by 200% is it fair(talking of acceptance fees)
Does that change the fact that tuition in Federal Universities across Nigeria is highly subsidized?
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Obilouchechukwu: 7:20pm On Dec 01, 2013
It's very obvious that otox here is directly or indirectly connected with the ASUU sect so to say, but sooner or later this whole mess will be over and anybody who stirs the shit pot should lick the spoon. having said that, i think this whole ASUU /f.g shenanigans is politically motivated, believe me you, we are only getting the painted side of the story, you, me, him, her and everyone of us. Are we all not culling our stories from media? We only hear what we are told, we believe whatever they tell us. This whole thing is way more than what we think, ther are more to this whole strike thing than a mare fight betwixt government and ASUU but sooner or later, the truth will be unmasked. ASUU is fighting for we students? and you expect me to believe that? First year school fees is 80k, this ASUU guys must be really stupid to think we are dumb enough to believe that this whole lingering war is not all about egocentricism. Any proff or lecturer who thinks that he is not getting paid enough should join politics as simple as that. Federal govt should save this drama for those who care. Really? Are we gonna stay here and cross our legs watching this guys like a bowel of eba?no!! Comrades!!!!!! We should storm the streets and strangle the truth out of this old men, it's high time international organisation got involved. This is abusive, federal govt and ASUU are abusing the youths of this country, they have gotten through education but what have we? Perhaps they dnt care bkos the majority of the lot hav ther siblings abroad , or..oh wait maybe this ASUU guys want to butcher the youths so that they can be in the field alone 4eva, isn't that what they have always wanted? I guess it is. What do we do? The answer is constructed protest, it's only this way we can get ther senses in order, i cant bliv i said "protest", guys i meant REVOLUTION..

2 Likes

Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Crystalbelle(f): 8:40pm On Dec 01, 2013
Happy new month pals...
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Samgreguc(m): 6:29am On Dec 02, 2013
Please for those whose course is Economics, which subject did you write in your post-UTME.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Samgreguc(m): 6:32am On Dec 02, 2013
sapien: Does that change the fact that tuition in Federal Universities across Nigeria is highly subsidized?

yes, it doesn't change that fact but, do you know ABU Zaria don't pay up to that amount? Despite their mighty infrastructures and standards?
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Samgreguc(m): 6:33am On Dec 02, 2013
Sapien, proof to me that our fee is low, give me reasons to believe compared to other federal uni because they are all subsidized in same way by same body....
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by McLincolnGuzit(m): 7:21am On Dec 02, 2013
Samgreguc: Please for those whose course is Economics, which subject did you write in your post-UTME.
are you having any problem with your post utme subject combination?. Mine were maths, english, govt & econs.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by oprince11: 9:51am On Dec 02, 2013
sir Otox goodmorning pls when are we expecting d list...pls kip us posted
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 02, 2013
Tho dis is cmin late, Happy new Month Unique Uniport Peeps. I sight u all.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by nbright: 10:54am On Dec 02, 2013
Samgreguc:

yes, it doesn't change that fact but, do you know ABU Zaria don't pay up to that amount? Despite their mighty infrastructures and standards?
Yes... You are very correct.. Their starting school fees for sciences isn't up to 40,000 while for returning students it is 18,750... Uniport can't boast of a lecturing theatre except at Ofrima... In A.B.U, all faculty has at least two theatres.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by ellyrichy(m): 11:08am On Dec 02, 2013
nbright: Yes... You are very correct.. Their starting school fees for sciences isn't up to 40,000 while for returning students it is 18,750... Uniport can't boast of a lecturing theatre except at Ofrima... In A.B.U, all faculty has at least two theatres.
This is what should be put to the management of uniport.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Rayod: 11:11am On Dec 02, 2013
@ our honourable, prof, presido oga otoks, should we be expecting basic list today?
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Samgreguc(m): 1:44pm On Dec 02, 2013
McLincolnGuzit:
are you having any problem with your post utme subject combination?. Mine were maths, english, govt & econs.

for my brother....... He wants to sit for UTME next year
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Swtmother: 1:48pm On Dec 02, 2013
I'v paid my acceptanc nd accomodation fee bt d schul fees hmmm is stil a shock 2 me bt no quams.....God dey
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 02, 2013
sapien: What are you protesting? You want to gather a dysfunctional, vitually non-existent Uniport SUG to protest reduction of the 'astronomical' school fees? @Debbylily, Is 77,000NGN expensive? Go to Lasu, Eksu, Ebsu, OOU and some other state Universities and check out the tuition the students are paying on yearly basis! You guys should be thankful that University education has been highly subsidized by the federal government, else you guys would be paying through your noses for higher education. How much are you gonna pay in your subsequent years? Less than 30k and you peeps are complaining? I paid 27k in my sophomore and I actually think it's relatively cheap compared to what some of my friends pay in private and state Universities. If you think education is expensive, try ignorance!
my dear you dont compare a federal school to a state school the school fees is expensive and on a high side lasu,ebsu u mentioned are all state school which are not controlled by FG so before u compare and contrast know what u are saying make everybody answer their papa name #dropmic
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by damillion(f): 3:09pm On Dec 02, 2013
hello pals please this goes to the female in the house. Has the booking for Delta Hostel started yet or has anyone been booked in Delta Hostel
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 02, 2013
ASUU ASUU and FG wahala have come to notice that the federal govts dont think about anybody how many of them children attend a local school not to talk of a federal school or state dy prefer sending their children to private and abroad school there is money in this country people should not be selfish and stingy if there children were schooling in dz federal uni ASUU won't strike u know look at common Benin nigerians are going there because of naija educational system look at Ghana even Togo.If they were to cut down their salaries and holiday etc money from house of senate,president and the rest if they really believe in EDUCATION Nigeria would have been a better place rather they are stealing to make sure their stupid campaign in 2015 is a success forget politics bin played in dz ASUU and fg matter we know dz ppl dont value education apart from diabolical means dy will use against me or arrest me so many question i need to ask this people everybody now is stealing for their children to school abroad d ones who work and struggle can't afford to send their children abroad left for me i never wanted to school in nigerian at all.Naija is a place where people value Politics,stealing,bribery and corruption more than Education if dy want Nigeria to be a better place dn dy must start by bringing dz rich men children to school here dn dy make tinz right and make their life right #Make everybody answer their papa name
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 02, 2013
damillion: hello pals please this goes to the female in the house. Has the booking for Delta Hostel started yet or has anyone been booked in Delta Hostel
nobody and no first year would be given
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Realufoma(f): 4:12pm On Dec 02, 2013
Pls can someone tell me what part of uniport King Jaja Hall B is?
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by otokx(m): 4:15pm On Dec 02, 2013
Realufoma: Pls can someone tell me what part of uniport King Jaja Hall B is?

It is in the delta campus, which is were the bulk of UNIPORT girls stay.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by otokx(m): 4:16pm On Dec 02, 2013
Rayod: @ our honourable, prof, presido oga otoks, should we be expecting basic list today?

please remove all those titles o, address me as comrade otokx.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Realufoma(f): 4:38pm On Dec 02, 2013
otokx:

It is in the delta campus, which is were the bulk of UNIPORT girls stay.
. Thanks
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Realufoma(f): 4:41pm On Dec 02, 2013
stephnexi: nobody and no first year would be given
. I just got admitted and I've been booked there.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by otokx(m): 5:11pm On Dec 02, 2013
Realufoma: . I just got admitted and I've been booked there.

The problem though is that all those places already had occupants at least 3 - 4 in a room so its either they want to make it 6 - 8 in a room or some other magic. i understand the rooms has only 3 wardrobes so the 4th person is already disadvantaged. If your used to secondary school boarding house then it will be a walkover for you.
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Debbylily(f): 5:41pm On Dec 02, 2013
@sapien thankGOD u said state nd private sch. Nd uniport ain't one of them bt it's a federal university,and dnt take tinz too personal outside ur home ok!
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Debbylily(f): 5:44pm On Dec 02, 2013
Microbiology@realufuoma
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by Rayod: 5:55pm On Dec 02, 2013
@ comrade otoks, why did the list not come out today? Looks like uniport wants to give me high BP
Re: 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread by otokx(m): 6:09pm On Dec 02, 2013
Rayod: @ comrade otoks, why did the list not come out today? Looks like uniport wants to give me high BP

i wish i knew; lets keep our fingers crossed, before thursday it may be out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (457) (Reply)

IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. / 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.